A.T. Still University (ATSU-SOMA) Arizona Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aunts house? Lucky you Baby Arnold

Also interviewing on the 5th. Going to be renting a car and staying at my aunt's house.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When you arriving? I'm going from HOU to PHX arriving 11am something on 2/3 and already got a baller rental car (economy, burns $5 worth of gas in a whole week). PM me and maybe I can give you a ride from the airport.

Anyone else interviewing next friday on 2/5? I'm coming from from out of town and I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to interview here on a budget. I'm flying into phoenix sky harbor airport earlier that week and I'm trying to avoid renting a car, if possible.

Is it possible to get from sky harbor airport to the school area in mesa by public transportation? Anyone here have experience with the T&T shuttle?

Anyone else interviewing next friday on 2/5? I'm coming from from out of town and I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to interview here on a budget. I'm flying into phoenix sky harbor airport earlier that week and I'm trying to avoid renting a car, if possible.

Is it possible to get from sky harbor airport to the school area in mesa by public transportation? Anyone here have experience with the T&T shuttle?

I actually found it cheaper to rent a car. I rented through Hertz with USAA and paid $45 for the day I was there. I think T&T is $70 so it worked out to be affordable. Also, you can try airbnb for cheap lodging.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually just cancelled my interview on Feb 5th. I hope that gives someone else an opportunity.

I actually just cancelled my interview on Feb 5th. I hope that gives someone else an opportunity.

Boohoo. But guess you got into somewhere you like better, grats Baby Arnold!

Would it be pointless for me to submit a secondary here this late in the cycle? I sent in my primary back in July and got a secondary in September. I didn't really get around to filling it out because I applied to 19 other schools and got caught up in those secondaries. I didn't really know about the CHC thing until now and tbh it really appeals to me because I live in the Washington DC area (so the CHC in DC would be perfect). At the same time I want to be realistic. My stats aren't that great (asian male, cGPA: 3.35, sGPA 3.15, 26 MCAT), and with it being this late in the cycle I'm pretty pessimistic about getting a II lol. I've been waitlisted post interview at one school so far and I'm kinda worried I won't get in somewhere this cycle.

Will be giving up my interview seat in the next week or so. don't lose hope & stay positive!

Would it be pointless for me to submit a secondary here this late in the cycle? I sent in my primary back in July and got a secondary in September. I didn't really get around to filling it out because I applied to 19 other schools and got caught up in those secondaries. I didn't really know about the CHC thing until now and tbh it really appeals to me because I live in the Washington DC area (so the CHC in DC would be perfect). At the same time I want to be realistic. My stats aren't that great (asian male, cGPA: 3.35, sGPA 3.15, 26 MCAT), and with it being this late in the cycle I'm pretty pessimistic about getting a II lol. I've been waitlisted post interview at one school so far and I'm kinda worried I won't get in somewhere this cycle.

I can't be sure for this school. My belief has always been it's rolling so the earlier the better. But I had a friend who applied to another school in December and they got an II recently. So maybe if your number is good you might as well try! :)

I sent my secondary in February, so I think you're fine. You may end up getting an interview offer for a pending seat though, meaning if you get accepted you wait for a seat to open up or are accepted for the next cycle instead.

I sent my secondary in February, so I think you're fine. You may end up getting an interview offer for a pending seat though, meaning if you get accepted you wait for a seat to open up or are accepted for the next cycle instead.
Okay cool thanks for your response! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats when you applied?

Whats the average turnaround time for acceptance/wait list/rejection? I interviewed here on the 22nd (a week ago). They said anywhere from 2 days to 4 weeks, but I'm sure many fall into a similar time frame? maybe?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats the average turnaround time for acceptance/wait list/rejection? I interviewed here on the 22nd (a week ago). They said anywhere from 2 days to 4 weeks, but I'm sure many fall into a similar time frame? maybe?
I interviewed on 9/18 and recieved a call 9/30. I'm not sure what the turnaround time has been for others.

Has anyone received pre-interview rejections? I've yet to hear back from the University and I submitted September 12, 2015.

II and scheduled it for Feb 5, this friday! Won't be able to make it the social though.

I think they will respond tomorrow! They always respond the Wednesday of the second week! Good luck to us! I just don't know when they call

Reactions: 1 users
I think they will respond tomorrow! They always respond the Wednesday of the second week! Good luck to us! I just don't know when they call

Going to be on pins and needles all day haha especially since they only accept such a small number from their interview pool (~500 interviews ~200ish acceptances for class of ~100) :/ good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

So they made the following statement in one of the II emails: If you have updated grades or extracurricular activities, please remember to bring these as well. You will get an opportunity to present them to our staff during your interview.

I volunteered at an Intermediate Facility for the Intellectually Disabled for a couple months now, still volunteering. There's very little clinical aspects to it but I'm learning how to work with handicapped individuals. Is this worth writing out and bringing? If so, do I just construct something like an extra single activity for a resume, in bullets? Or do I write a brief single paragraph on a piece of paper... sorry if I'm overthinking this but any advice?? Interview is this Friday!

So they made the following statement in one of the II emails: If you have updated grades or extracurricular activities, please remember to bring these as well. You will get an opportunity to present them to our staff during your interview.

I volunteered at an Intermediate Facility for the Intellectually Disabled for a couple months now, still volunteering. There's very little clinical aspects to it but I'm learning how to work with handicapped individuals. Is this worth writing out and bringing? If so, do I just construct something like an extra single activity for a resume, in bullets? Or do I write a brief single paragraph on a piece of paper... sorry if I'm overthinking this but any advice?? Interview is this Friday!
You could type up either format I'm pretty sure. As long as it is professional and communicates clearly, I think it will be fine! A bullet point list may be quicker for an interviewer to read in the moment though.

I think the experience is still applicable definitely! If it comes up in an interview, just hit on some of those reasons why it's prepared you for the medical field, and maybe you could even fit those reasons into the update itself too.

You may be able to email them an update also so they would add it to your file before the interview day. You could call the admissions office and just ask them what they think is best though. I had to call for some specific questions on my secondary application and they were very helpful.

You could type up either format I'm pretty sure. As long as it is professional and communicates clearly, I think it will be fine! A bullet point list may be quicker for an interviewer to read in the moment though.

I think the experience is still applicable definitely! If it comes up in an interview, just hit on some of those reasons why it's prepared you for the medical field, and maybe you could even fit those reasons into the update itself too.

You may be able to email them an update also so they would add it to your file before the interview day. You could call the admissions office and just ask them what they think is best though. I had to call for some specific questions on my secondary application and they were very helpful.

Thank you so much for such a quick response! That was really helpful - I think I'm coming down with a nasty cold so I'm sort of freaking out since this interview is so thorough and I want to be at my best but let's see!

I'm a bit apprehensive about e-mailing them considering they provided explicit instructions to bring updated information with us but you may be quite right.

Going to be on pins and needles all day haha especially since they only accept such a small number from their interview pool (~500 interviews ~200ish acceptances for class of ~100) :/ good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

The anticipation is killing me! Good luck to everyone!

Me three. Maybe not today?

Hopefully in a couple days then. I know they are interviewing people this Friday. Not sure if they are going to wait to review both interview dates.
:dead:

Hopefully in a couple days then. I know they are interviewing people this Friday. Not sure if they are going to wait to review both interview dates.
:dead:
I think the same too! It might be tomorrow since Friday they are all busy again!

I think the same too! It might be tomorrow since Friday they are all busy again!
I had called the admissions office last week, they said decisions would come early this week. So if not today, I hope tomorrow!

II and scheduled it for Feb 5, this friday! Won't be able to make it the social though.
Wait, when did you receive the invite? I got mine today and Apr 22 was the only date available. I suspect you might have got one of the ones that opened up. If that's the case, I wonder if more will open up in the future and if I'll be able to change to an earlier date when an earlier date opens up. Congratulations by the way on your II.

Anyone from 1/22 hear back?

Accepted! Just got the call like thirty minutes ago! The calls are coming. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
Was also accepted and will be attending here in the fall! Good luck to everyone else

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted :) congrats all!

Reactions: 2 users
Also accepted. And congratulations to the others too!
Btw, any of you guys have an idea which CHC you'll try to get?

I haven't looked into much yet, so I'm not sure right now. At the interview, they made it sound like you just fill out a list of where you are willing to go, rather than ranking your first choices. So I'm not sure if we will get a lot choice... I guess they will email us on Monday, so we will find out then how it works

My first thoughts are that most places on the west coast, Chicago, or DC would be awesome though

Hoping for NY or Chicago!

Did they say Monday we'll get an email? I blacked out on the phone call

Similar. I was so numb hearing the call. I believe they said early next week. Maybe Monday. But for sure next week. It still feels so surreal. XD

Hmmm I didnt get a call today, but I also didnt get any emails either? Looks like a lot of you guys got a call too... I wonder if this is bad news or if they call on different days? Oh well, gotta wait and see. :/

Hmmm I didnt get a call today, but I also didnt get any emails either? Looks like a lot of you guys got a call too... I wonder if this is bad news or if they call on different days? Oh well, gotta wait and see. :/
This feels great that someone is on the same boat. I called them today after seeing people getting acceptances and they told me that there is no decision out yet for mine and I will hear back really soon next week.

This feels great that someone is on the same boat. I called them today after seeing people getting acceptances and they told me that there is no decision out yet for mine and I will hear back really soon next week.

Best of luck guys!

They told me an email would come on Monday

Last edited:
Accepted from 1/22 interview!!!

Last edited:
Hey all-- looking for current students.

I was reading thru the Ridgeland, SC CHC and had a question-- why live do so many live in Beaufort and commute? Why not live in ridgeland?

Hey all-- looking for current students.

I was reading thru the Ridgeland, SC CHC and had a question-- why live do so many live in Beaufort and commute? Why not live in ridgeland?
If you contact Tina at the school or a current student ambassador, they can hook you up with a second year at the SC CHC. The second years are usually great at getting back about questions people have.

I wish I could help, but I'm not SC.

I am going to cancel my interview for March 4th here this week. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys. Good luck!

Welp, I got wait listed...has there been any wait list movement yet or will that not be for a long time?