A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the acceptance call 5 seconds after I posted that. I can't believe it. ME: a bouncer, a waiter, a feed mill worker, and now a med student. GOD is GOOD!
Interviewed Dec 11 as well and got the acceptance call today too!! This school seems great and everyone is so friendly!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
What's your opinion on calling for a status update after interviewing?
When did you interview? It's getting close to Christmas break, so if it's been a few weeks calling tomorrow or Monday might not be a bad idea.

I interviewed on Dec. 4. I haven't heard about anyone getting an acceptance call from that day. I see that some people from Dec. 7 and the 11 have already found out. Just nervously waiting.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call 5 seconds after I posted that. I can't believe it. ME: a bouncer, a waiter, a feed mill worker, and now a med student. GOD is GOOD!
Man it has been a long and stressful week at work, but today i woke up and read this. You sir made my day! Congrats! It goes to show to all of us that if we are willing to put in the time, it will happen

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!! Is there a FB page??

Accepted yesterday! So excited to attend this school next year!

Got the call today! What an awesome early Christmas present! Happy holidays y'all!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to all those who have been accepted! I interviewed on 11/16 and was accepted on 11/20. I'm super stoked to be going here next year!

I interviewed on 12/11 and got an email on 12/23 saying they would release a decision about my application on 1/22/2016. Anyone have any experience with this or know anyone else that this happened to? I really just think that some genuinely nice folks just didn't want to reject someone right before Christmas...

Definitely would have matriculated if accepted. Oh well. It was really an honor just to get to interview there.

Good luck to all those still waiting on IIs and congrats to those already accepted. It's really a great school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I interviewed on 12/11 and got an email on 12/23 saying they would release a decision about my application on 1/22/2016. Anyone have any experience with this or know anyone else that this happened to? I really just think that some genuinely nice folks just didn't want to reject someone right before Christmas...

Definitely would have matriculated if accepted. Oh well. It was really an honor just to get to interview there.

Good luck to all those still waiting on IIs and congrats to those already accepted. It's really a great school.

Don't give up, it isn't over til it's over. Read through some past threads, people were told the same thing as you. A big chunk of the time from now to the 22nd is because of the holidays, and I remember at least one person from a previous year getting a similar email as you that got an acceptance on like the 16th of January. Just try to relax, you've done all you can do for now.

Don't give up, it isn't over til it's over. Read through some past threads, people were told the same thing as you. A big chunk of the time from now to the 22nd is because of the holidays, and I remember at least one person from a previous year getting a similar email as you that got an acceptance on like the 16th of January. Just try to relax, you've done all you can do for now.
Well I think that warrants some cautious optimism. I didn't read previous years threads. Hope we get to be classmates!

Just cancelled my interview for Jan 15th and pulled my app. Hopefully those of you still waiting will hear something soon, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete 10/1, 26 & 500 MCAT, 3.53/3.30

For anyone who has interviewed here, how long did the entire process take on interview day? I'm looking at travel arrangements and trying to see if I can manage to make it to the airport in time for certain flights.

For anyone who has interviewed here, how long did the entire process take on interview day? I'm looking at travel arrangements and trying to see if I can manage to make it to the airport in time for certain flights.
Congrats! My day lasted from 11:45am to close to 5pm.

Can anybody give me some insight to how "board focused" the curriculum is here?? Any comments to the effectiveness of the curriculum?? Thanks in advanced.

My interview was in the morning, and lasted until 1 or 2pm (can't remember exactly when). They had two sets of interview groups, morning and afternoon, which slightly overlapped. You can call or email them, and they can give you the specific times. I got an email one week in advance of the interview with the times also.

Can anybody give me some insight to how "board focused" the curriculum is here?? Any comments to the effectiveness of the curriculum?? Thanks in advanced.

Our microbiology professor reviews first aid when updating his power points. They teach everything but tend to focus testing on what is board relevant.

Not only that but our tests are all board style, every test covers every subject we covered that block. So when you are taking a test, the next question could be from any subject covered.

Reactions: 2 users
Our microbiology professor reviews first aid when updating his power points. They teach everything but tend to focus testing on what is board relevant.

Not only that but our tests are all board style, every test covers every subject we covered that block. So when you are taking a test, the next question could be from any subject covered.

That sounds amazing! Thank you so much!

Just received my acceptance this week. Is there a Facebook site for our class? Anyone looking for a roommate?

So I have been silently stalking the board. I turned in my secondary app on 9/16 and still haven't heard anything. I've emailed several times for an update and they say "We will get back with you soon." When did everyone else turn in their apps?

So I have been silently stalking the board. I turned in my secondary app on 9/16 and still haven't heard anything. I've emailed several times for an update and they say "We will get back with you soon." When did everyone else turn in their apps?
I was around the same time. Haven't heard a thing

Early August for me. Interviewed early November and accepted 2 weeks later

Do they have a "still under consideration" or is it merely "accepted" or "not interested" once they contact you back after your interview?

I interviewed Dec 18th and got the acceptance call on the 23rd! Best Christmas present ever. Has anyone started looking for housing? If so, anyone want a roommate? :)

Do they have a "still under consideration" or is it merely "accepted" or "not interested" once they contact you back after your interview?

This probably means you're in the second string group. They will keep interviewing folks up to a certain point, and then back-fill any drops with your group. The back-fill typically happens for a lot of people around deposit deadlines. This sadly means you may not hear a "yes" or "no" until April or May. So don't despair, you're not out of the game. From what I understand, everybody in the second string group has gotten a spot for the last few years running. It's just unfortunate that acceptance comes a lot later than some would prefer.

When you call and ask for an update, just ask them when would be appropriate to follow up again. The admissions folks understand, and as long as you're polite and not calling every couple days, they won't frown on it.

This is a great school and is worth the wait. Keep your chin up!

Just wondering if any 1/11 interviewees have heard anything yet?

I interviewed Dec 18th and got the acceptance call on the 23rd! Best Christmas present ever. Has anyone started looking for housing? If so, anyone want a roommate? :)

I also interviewed on Dec 18th! Just received my acceptance a couple weeks ago. Have you found any housing?

They called with my decision yesterday. I interviewed 1/11!

This probably means you're in the second string group. They will keep interviewing folks up to a certain point, and then back-fill any drops with your group. The back-fill typically happens for a lot of people around deposit deadlines. This sadly means you may not hear a "yes" or "no" until April or May. So don't despair, you're not out of the game. From what I understand, everybody in the second string group has gotten a spot for the last few years running. It's just unfortunate that acceptance comes a lot later than some would prefer.

When you call and ask for an update, just ask them when would be appropriate to follow up again. The admissions folks understand, and as long as you're polite and not calling every couple days, they won't frown on it.

This is a great school and is worth the wait. Keep your chin up!

Thanks for all the info!

Is this school still giving out II's?

When I interviewed at the school one lady said they were conducting interviews up until late March. I can't see why they wouldn't be sending out II. I received a II 18 Dec and interviewed 15 Jan. I heard they like to let you know at least two weeks prior to the interview. You may want to call they and express your interest in the school. I was pretty impressed with everything.

Complete mid-October. Haven't heard a peep. Should I consider this a rejection?

Did anyone else receive an email asking if they would like to remain on the wait list pre-imterview? I am going to withdraw... Hopefully that helps them focus on more appropriate candidates!

Did anyone else receive an email asking if they would like to remain on the wait list pre-imterview? I am going to withdraw... Hopefully that helps them focus on more appropriate candidates!
I got it too. Kirksville is in my home state so I'm hoping I get an interview!

I'm still hoping for an interview but I received it too.

I didn't receive that email and AFAIK I'm still on the II waitlist. I guess I'll be checking my mailbox when I go home today.

Hey everyone! I was complete 1/2 and got an interview invite 1/10. I interview here on Friday and am super excited! Does anyone have any words of advice? This is my first interview

Hey everyone! I was complete 1/2 and got an interview invite 1/10. I interview here on Friday and am super excited! Does anyone have any words of advice? This is my first interview
Be yourself. Don't be nervous as the interview is really relaxed and conversational. This was probably my easiest interview

All the interviewers want you to do well, and like medstar said, everything is really conversational. Know why you want to be a DO, why you want to go to KCOM, and be comfortable talking about your application. Try to relax, interview day here is great, and everyone will be very welcoming.

anyone else on pre-II hold?

I think I am on hold. I received that email yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I think I am on hold. I received that email yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

wow a few holds in common for us Juice! crossing my fingers for both of us

wow a few holds in common for us Juice! crossing my fingers for both of us

Did you receive the email a few people are talking about? The one asking if you'd like to remain on the II waitlist? I am on the II waitlist and didn't receive that email. I also checked my mail yesterday and no rejection letter yet!

Edit: I called and I'm still on hold. If anyone else hasn't received an email and you're on the II waitlist, don't worry.

Last edited:
Did you receive the email a few people are talking about? The one asking if you'd like to remain on the II waitlist? I am on the II waitlist and didn't receive that email. I also checked my mail yesterday and no rejection letter yet!

The email I got earlier this week basically said my app went through initial review but no final decision was made yet. Is that the same thing? If you didn't receive the email how'd you know you're on the II WL??

The email I got earlier this week basically said my app went through initial review but no final decision was made yet. Is that the same thing? If you didn't receive the email how'd you know you're on the II WL??

I actually received a physical letter telling me I had been placed on pre-II waitlist. Same thing happened last year. The only email correspondence I have received from them was acknowledging receipt of my secondary.