A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am sorry to hear that. When did you interview.

Never interviewed, it was pre II

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone, I was complete probably early September

Withdrawing my acceptance here, it was not an easy decision for me. KCOM is a great school with lots of tradition. Looking forward to working with you all as future colleagues in Osteopathic medicine! Good luck to all of you! :)

finished this application like 2 months ago. just found out I never clicked "submit" and so they never received it. until now. **** my sorry life.

^^ha! I did that with Lecom-b. I checked the portal two months after I thought I submitted and sure enough I for got that one click!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got an II just now

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an interview but how do i book it? There is no number to call or link to click on?...

Selected as an alternate. Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive an acceptance

Just got another email for scheduling an interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone definitely going to KCOM want to be my roommate? I'm looking at a two bedroom house right now.

Anyone else waiting forever for their application to be verified? Submitted 9/29 and still in the "verifying" stage on AACOM.

I had the same problem. It turned out that they were having a problem with one of my transcripts and they didn't do anything about it until I called them.

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/6 heard anything back yet? I saw some folks were getting notified of acceptance or not as early as 6 days after their interview. Not too sure that'll be the case here today.

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/6 heard anything back yet? I saw some folks were getting notified of acceptance or not as early as 6 days after their interview. Not too sure that'll be the case here today.
awaiting decision after 10/30/15 interview.

This might be a silly question, but I've never lived somewhere as rural as Kirksville before. I eat a pretty healthy diet, and I'm assuming there are no trader joes/whole foods type stores in Kirksville, right? Are there any healthy food stores in Kirksville? Do the grocery stores/Walmart there have plenty of options to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle?

Thanks everyone!

Interviewing this upcoming Monday, November 16th! Anybody else interviewing that day? And for those who already interviewed, any advice?!

This might be a silly question, but I've never lived somewhere as rural as Kirksville before. I eat a pretty healthy diet, and I'm assuming there are no trader joes/whole foods type stores in Kirksville, right? Are there any healthy food stores in Kirksville? Do the grocery stores/Walmart there have plenty of options to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle?

Thanks everyone!
Between Hy-vee and Walmart, you'll be fine. Hy-vee especially.

Between Hy-vee and Walmart, you'll be fine. Hy-vee especially.

This. There is also a farmer's market on Saturday mornings, I have heard tell that it is really good. I have never been because the terms 'Saturday' and 'morning' don't go in the same sentence in my life:laugh:, but it is evidently good.

This. There is also a farmer's market on Saturday mornings, I have heard tell that it is really good. I have never been because the terms 'Saturday' and 'morning' don't go in the same sentence in my life:laugh:, but it is evidently good.
Best thing there is the delicious giant doughnuts from the doughnut truck.

Just accepted!!!! Woohooo I'm so excited! Loved ATSU KCOM! I'm really looking forward to this!

Accepted!!!!! What an amazing day! Absolutely loved KCOM.

Interviewed 11/2

Congratulations LgZach21!! I know you're feeling so relieved now :highfive:. I hope you'll join us next year. It's a great school.

Congratulations LgZach21!! I know you're feeling so relieved now :highfive:. I hope you'll join us next year. It's a great school.

Thank you so much! I am so relieved, and would love to join you all next year! Now I'm just waiting on the official acceptance packet :)

haven't been on this website in decades, but if anyone has any questions, please ask. i don't see many current students on here so that's why i'm offering.

i'm a fourth year, so i've just about seen it all. i will admit that the curriculum has changed since i was there, so i may not be able to comment on that too much.

congrats to the new class. i think you all will be very happy with your decision.

Do I still have a chance of making it if I submitted my primary app today? 3.66 sgpa and 506 MCAT.

Just got the acceptance call!!!

congratulations!!! 10 days ago you had just gotten an II, that's an amazing turn around! You must be incredibly excited!! I hope to see you next year!

Reactions: 1 users
congratulations!!! 10 days ago you had just gotten an II, that's an amazing turn around! You must be incredibly excited!! I hope to see you next year!
Thanks. I am so excited and happy!!!

Got the acceptance call!!!! Amazingly quick turn around, interviewed Monday (11/16). Super stoked, this program looked top notch at the interview....
Applicant info: 29 MCAT, 3.75 cGPA, 3.50 sGPA

Got the acceptance call!!!! Amazingly quick turn around, interviewed Monday (11/16). Super stoked, this program looked top notch at the interview....
Applicant info: 29 MCAT, 3.75 cGPA, 3.50 sGPA

Potentially going to med school with marc gasol next year. I'm super stoked as well

Reactions: 1 users
Canceled my interview here. Good luck all

Pre-interview hold last week. Same as last year. I hope my MCAT increase is enough to catch me an interview.

Got a II here! The DO I shadowed went here and said a LOT of good things about this school! She ran her own OMM-only practice (cash only $$$) and says KCOM prepared her well.

I will be declining the II but I wish everyone good luck in their cycles.