A.T. Still University Kirksville (KCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So serious question here. I signed up for Oct 1st which I believe is the first interview date they have available. I'm assuming most admission committees don't meet until the end of the month. Would going to a later interview be more beneficial because you're fresh in their minds, or am I just over thinking this?

Thoughts?

Sounds legit to me.

Members don't see this ad.

So serious question here. I signed up for Oct 1st which I believe is the first interview date they have available. I'm assuming most admission committees don't meet until the end of the month. Would going to a later interview be more beneficial because you're fresh in their minds, or am I just over thinking this?

Thoughts?

Earlier is better either way. The ad com meets every Wednesday/Thursday once interview season starts rolling if I do recall.

Thoughts?

In my profession now I meet with about 20 to 25 peopands day and I still remember the conversations I had with some a month later. Plus they are going to write down notes, they won't just attempt to make a call off memory. and I think they do meet before then

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview and I am from Missouri! really excited :)

Orientation starts in 3 days! Can't wait to get started!!! :clap:

Orientation starts in 3 days! Can't wait to get started!!! :clap:

*will regret that statement in 4 days* :laugh:

jk, good luck and have fun, the real doom isn't for another week when classes actually start

They are really getting busy here... Expecting II s to start flying out very soon...

Do you work at KCOM to know that it is getting busy, or what makes you think invites are going to start going out?

Do you work at KCOM to know that it is getting busy, or what makes you think invites are going to start going out?

I'm assuming because their M1 class is starting in a couple days?

I sent them an email about my LORs not being on my status page. They called me and told me not to worry. They are very busy and are about to invite a ton of people to interviews soon. I was told that my file is being reviewed by the interviewing faculty currently and I should hear back within a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent them an email about my LORs not being on my status page. They called me and told me not to worry. They are very busy and are about to invite a ton of people to interviews soon. I was told that my file is being reviewed by the interviewing faculty currently and I should hear back within a week.

Did they call you today? That's awesome that things are going to pick up. Good luck on getting an invite!

This is really good to know. Thanks for sharing! I'd like to be one of those lucky ones!! :xf:

Did they call you today? That's awesome that things are going to pick up. Good luck on getting an invite!

Yeah they did. She seemed like calling me was easier then emailing me back. She seemed like she didn't want to give anything away but they way she told me not to worry made me feel pretty good about next week...;)

Yeah they did. She seemed like calling me was easier then emailing me back. She seemed like she didn't want to give anything away but they way she told me not to worry made me feel pretty good about next week...;)

Awesome congrats! Maybe even better than next week...you will hear something this week.

Does anyone know whether the A.T. Still campuses are linked in regards to giving applicants consideration? I wasn't sure if it's worth applying to both.

Does anyone know whether the A.T. Still campuses are linked in regards to giving applicants consideration? I wasn't sure if it's worth applying to both.

I doubt it. Apply to both if you want to attend either.

They aren't. They are separate schools entirely.

Woud any current students be able to describe the curriculum at KCOM? Is it more PBL based or traditional lecture based? Any other descriptions you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Woud any current students be able to describe the curriculum at KCOM? Is it more PBL based or traditional lecture based? Any other descriptions you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

+1

Any input on life in Kirksville would be appreciated as well :)

So I am old as dirt and filling out this secondary right now. Do I really need to fill in the SAT portion if I have no idea what I scored?

+1

Any input on life in Kirksville would be appreciated as well :)

Well I can't comment on curriculum anymore as it has been changing since I left campus.
But here is something I posted in an old thread...if you have more questions fire away:

Lots of things to do either through school or in town. We have intramural sports, LOTS of campus clubs, Prom, BBQs out at the local lake, bowling, movie theater, lots of restaurants, bars, etc. I have never felt like there was nothing to do with the one night a week we have to go "out".

Still no II. Not that I expect one or anything...

So I am old as dirt and filling out this secondary right now. Do I really need to fill in the SAT portion if I have no idea what I scored?

Check your UG banner (if you still have it). Mine were on there.

Go to collegeboard.com, type in your email and hit "lost password". That's what I did.

Is it a pain in the ass? Sure. But it only takes 5 minutes.

Check your UG banner (if you still have it). Mine were on there.

I don't have it anymore. :mad:

Go to collegeboard.com, type in your email and hit "lost password". That's what I did.

Is it a pain in the ass? Sure. But it only takes 5 minutes.

What's this college board. I dont even have an email that would be valid on that website. I took the SAT in the mid 90s. Haha.

I wonder how important it is for me to try to track down a score to fill this portion in?!

I don't have it anymore. :mad:

What's this college board. I dont even have an email that would be valid on that website. I took the SAT in the mid 90s. Haha.

I wonder how important it is for me to try to track down a score to fill this portion in?!

Haha oh boy in that case then don't even stress it -- just ignore it. I dunno why it's on there in the first place.

Submitted my secondary today! One of my top choices for sure!

Haha oh boy in that case then don't even stress it -- just ignore it. I dunno why it's on there in the first place.

KCOM Class of 2016 Entering Data

3834 applications
452 interviews
172 Matriculants
3.49 science
3.56 cum
27 MCAT
100 men 72 women

This is the info we just got at orientation. Thought you would enjoy.

3834 applications
452 interviews
172 Matriculants
3.49 science
3.56 cum
27 MCAT
100 men 72 women

Thanks :) Just updated my application table hahaha #ocd :laugh:

3834 applications
452 interviews
172 Matriculants
3.49 science
3.56 cum
27 MCAT
100 men 72 women

Good stats. Thanks!

Those of you still waiting for interview invites... *cough* MedPR *cough* don't get down on yourself. Like DrMeows pointed out we just got done with orientation which the admissions department puts together, needless to say they have been pretty busy. You will probably start hearing from them soon.

Those of you still waiting for interview invites... *cough* MedPR *cough* don't get down on yourself. Like DrMeows pointed out we just got done with orientation which the admissions department puts together, needless to say they have been pretty busy. You will probably start hearing from them soon.

Just like I was told.... Confirmed via med student...

Great news! Hopefully this week...

Random Question: I'm staying with a student host when I interview here on October 1st. What is the "etiquette" or protocol on this? Should I give my student some $$ to help with their expenses? Or should I get their address and mail them a gift card later or something? I've just never done this before so I wasn't sure if there was kind of a standard set that I should be sure to follow or not. Thanks!

Random Question: I'm staying with a student host when I interview here on October 1st. What is the "etiquette" or protocol on this? Should I give my student some $$ to help with their expenses? Or should I get their address and mail them a gift card later or something? I've just never done this before so I wasn't sure if there was kind of a standard set that I should be sure to follow or not. Thanks!

Just like staying in somebodys home. Ask what you can bring ( if they say nothing bring something anyway) and pay whatever fees the school puts on you and offer to pay for everything you can, clean up after yourself and be very very thankful. Outside of that enjoy.

I never felt like the student needed to give me anything. We volunteer to host you, don't feel obligated for anything! Most likely, at least what happened when I hosted....I sat in my office and studied and made sure the student knew where to sleep and shower the next morning. You really aren't bothering us at all. But don't be afraid to pick the student's mind about the school and if they aren't studying see if they'll show you the town.

you are right my bf called yesterday because he has been complete with outstanding stats for awhile and we were hoping to schedule our interviews together and they told him that they were swamped and they will be notifying more people shortly. :)

By the way dntke1518 do you mind if I message you sometime about KCOM questions?

Just like staying in somebodys home. Ask what you can bring ( if they say nothing bring something anyway) and pay whatever fees the school puts on you and offer to pay for everything you can, clean up after yourself and be very very thankful. Outside of that enjoy.

I never felt like the student needed to give me anything. We volunteer to host you, don't feel obligated for anything! Most likely, at least what happened when I hosted....I sat in my office and studied and made sure the student knew where to sleep and shower the next morning. You really aren't bothering us at all. But don't be afraid to pick the student's mind about the school and if they aren't studying see if they'll show you the town.

Thanks, that's what I figured!

Thats great! If you dont mind me asking, when did you submit your secondary?

Thats great! If you dont mind me asking, when did you submit your secondary?

Check my MDapps I keep them up to date.... Because you are new here I will help you find it

<------------------------ Over here, click the one marked mdapps..... No not that one... yeah that one... yep... winner....