A.T. Still University Kirksville (KCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By the way dntke1518 do you mind if I message you sometime about KCOM questions?

Any time, I would just suggest if they aren't too personal you post them on this board so others can benefit as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.68c/3.46s/31Q....no love, OOS.

I was complete for everything but MCAT on 7/17, and the MCAT score was reported by AACOMAS on July 25, thought they said it could take a while to get to the schools.

Should I just anticipate no interview? :confused:

I was complete for everything but MCAT on 7/17, and the MCAT score was reported by AACOMAS on July 25, thought they said it could take a while to get to the schools.

You should be fine. I assume when you say complete you mean secondary, letters, ect... Either way your stats are fine.

Yes, I mean all of the above. I think that ever since I got one interview, I've started freaking out about the other schools.

Yes, I mean all of the above. I think that ever since I got one interview, I've started freaking out about the other schools.

I feel the opposite! Since receiving one interview invite, I feel good and less worried about the rest. Perhaps this is because my LOR's haven't been sent out yet so I know none of the other schools are even looking at my app yet.

What ? They are just getting warmed up with IIs bro just wait it will come

For future kcom students... you'll love it here. Simple as that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using SDN Mobile

hey karate 134 how did you feel about going from st louis to a small town?

and dtnke.. I know you posted earlier how many were interviewed etc, did you ever learn how many were actually accepted?

and dtnke.. I know you posted earlier how many were interviewed etc, did you ever learn how many were actually accepted?
They won't tell us that most likely... My guess would be in the ball park of 275-330. As far as going from a big city (Des Moines, I know its Iowa but we have more than corn) you will be fine, there is just enough here, plus you won't have that much free time anyway so less distractions...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey karate 134 how did you feel about going from st louis to a small town?

Theres really very little drawbacks. You hear people complain about the lack of some major stores or enough bars/clubs etc, but you really do.t have time for.that.
Theres walmart. What more does anyone need? lol

LOL... true. I grew up in a rural town of 7000 people then moved to st louis and come college time, I got a full ride at truman state but wasn't ready to go back to the small town quite yet. but I think I could handle it now.

so the interview is really yours to mess up is it? those are some pretty good stats for acceptances.. I know you are just guessing.. but STILL. sorry its my only interview thus far, I dk if i am going to get others :( not the strongest app

LOL... true. I grew up in a rural town of 7000 people then moved to st louis and come college time, I got a full ride at truman state but wasn't ready to go back to the small town quite yet. but I think I could handle it now.

so the interview is really yours to mess up is it? those are some pretty good stats for acceptances.. I know you are just guessing.. but STILL. sorry its my only interview thus far, I dk if i am going to get others :( not the strongest app

Beware of the mentality of "its yours unless you mess up". I interviewed at a place that took about 80 - 90% of those interviewed. No go for me. I was too relaxed. But on the flip side, don't. be overly stressed either.

.there is just enough here, plus you won't have that much free time anyway so less distractions...

I've found this to be very true lol

Oh, and Kirksville is awesome.

(my debut post on this thread)

Beware of the mentality of "its yours unless you mess up". I interviewed at a place that took about 80 - 90% of those interviewed. No go for me. I was too relaxed. But on the flip side, don't. be overly stressed either.

was it KCUMB?

Agreed... don't ever assume that it is yours to loose.

I've found this to be very true lol

Oh, and Kirksville is awesome.

(my debut post on this thread)
Welcome sir welcome. Have you been gunner status this weekend? I haven't seen you around studying...

stoked about the ii here! KCOM is definitely one of my top choices

got the interview invite today,, scheduled for oct 29th. 3.7/3.6/30

KCOM.... Why no love? You don't have to be like all those others school and wait for grades... Interview me now and get first dibs

Did anyone do the Early Decision Program or know anyone who did? If yes, do you know if they have heard anything about an interview...either way...yes they have an invite or no they don't?

Anyone going the 18th and want to split a room or something the day of? I'm from the east coast :0

Interview here on October 11, anyone else that day?

FYI: I submitted my primary at the end of June and finished secondary in mid-July. Offered interview Aug 1.

Interview invite here a couple days ago... trying to coordinate dates for interviews so I don't have to out to the midwest so many times!

called today and they said that each file gets reviewed by multiple reviewers for possible iis and mine is still waiting to be reviewed by some of them. sigh, more waiting I guess.

called today and they said that each file gets reviewed by multiple reviewers for possible iis and mine is still waiting to be reviewed by some of them. sigh, more waiting I guess.

That's an interesting process. I actually just got an II via email today. Good luck

Man how does it feel to be rocking this hard?

HAHA I know right What is that T-E-N interviews now!! That has to be some sort of a record, especially this early on in the cycle. dudeliness , tell us your secret?;) hehe..j/k. I truly hope you get into the best school possible.

HAHA I know right What is that T-E-N interviews now!! That has to be some sort of a record, especially this early on in the cycle. dudeliness , tell us your secret?;) hehe..j/k. I truly hope you get into the best school possible.

Actually it's 11, but really, who's counting ;)
Well I'm not going to be a tool and whine about how difficult it is to juggle travel/work/expenses of the interviews. I know there are a lot of people on here still waiting for interviews and I wish them the best of luck, but I have no idea how i got so many interviews. Good personal statement? I dunno really.

No love from KCOM :(

No love from KCOM :(

Are you still waiting to hear back from them? When I talked to them today they said it is random on when your application is screened and it depends on who reviews it for how soon you hear something. Some people review them faster than others. So if you haven't heard anything yet don't stress...no news may be good news.

Actually it's 11, but really, who's counting ;)
Well I'm not going to be a tool and whine about how difficult it is to juggle travel/work/expenses of the interviews. I know there are a lot of people on here still waiting for interviews and I wish them the best of luck, but I have no idea how i got so many interviews. Good personal statement? I dunno really.

That's awesome that you have gotten so many interviews...congrats!

Are you still waiting to hear back from them? When I talked to them today they said it is random on when your application is screened and it depends on who reviews it for how soon you hear something. Some people review them faster than others. So if you haven't heard anything yet don't stress...no news may be good news.

I emailed them a few weeks ago because my status thing was acting up. They said I was complete and under review, but I haven't heard back since then.

I emailed them a few weeks ago because my status thing was acting up. They said I was complete and under review, but I haven't heard back since then.

Don't stress then. I'm sure you will receive good news soon.

Don't stress then. I'm sure you will receive good news soon.

I hope so. I plan on driving there from St. Louis and I'm hoping I can interview before winter hits.

Wrong thread.

Interview acceptance today, scheduled for 11/1. Now I have interviews at NOVA, Western Lebanon, and Still. One's named after an old Chevy, one sounds like a Middle Eastern war zone, and one's for cooking whiskey. Choosing between them will be tough.