Arizona DO school and Scared of Racism

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so very true,

While I don't have strong opinions, I actually agree more with jagger's pov in regards to this law (although i certainly understand and respect the other side of the argument) - but the way he responds to people - man is this guy an arrogant SOB, he must be one of the most miserable people in real life -
unbelievable

(here comes the heavy jagger flaming in 3,2,1...)

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Jaggers sidekick christina to the rescue, you two miseries should seriously consider dating in real life...You can both argue over who is most miserable and bitter after a long days work at the hospital

Personal attacks - your calling someone a racist, as your freind jagger called others pathetic - yet your calling me out for personal attacks? practice what you preach

Umm ... well, uhhh ...

I was going to ask you out more formally Christina, but ... what do you think? Would you like to argue over who is most miserable and bitter after a hospital shift sometime???

i did a search for it, and this was the first thing that came up. for those who are unfamiliar with it.

http://en.terra.com/latin-in-americ...bill_signed_into_law_what_happens_now/hof9309

"The section of the new law that is sparking the most controversy reads as follows:

WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON.

Since the majority of the 'illegal' immigrants in Arizona are Mexican, the above language effectively makes any and all use of racial profiling against Latinos legal. As common sense dictates that there is no way to tell upon initial visual identification whether or not a Latino is in the country illegally or has been a United States citizen for five generations, local people are up in arms over what they see as a direct affront to their most basic civil rights."

Read the WHOLE bill, d-bag.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously you don't understand the value of having rights. It's not about convenience. In America we used to think we had "innocent before proven guilty." Now as a matter of policy we have "guilty until proven innocent."

Argument-MEGA FAIL!

So, lets say you're in AZ. You're driving a car with a busted tail light, then get pulled over. Cops ask for ID, and in your best spanglish you reply "no speaky english". The cop then finds out this person, who doesn't speak english, has no identification, registration, or insurance. This person is already guilty of crimes by not having a license, registration, or insurance. THEN the cop is, legally, entitled to inquire about citizenship.

Where in that is there "guilty until proven innocent"?

On a second note: even in our "innocent until proven guilty" legal system, law enforcement officers STILL maintain the authority to hold people! If we couldn't toss people into jail until AFTER they were proven guilty by a jury of their peers, then we'd probably have a lot lower prison population because people would find the furthest island from the US possible, and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.