Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What do you all think the chances are that the 125 subsection cutoff will be absolutely cut throat even with good stats 29+/3.6+?
From what I've been told by the school is that you will be considered but not until after everyone that fits all requirements have been considered.

October's not that early for accepting the first batch of students, it's one of the latest I think actually.
I applied to the wrong schools then.... My instate MD school doesn't send out acceptances/rejections until February :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
got a secondary , but its not sent out yet due to tech difficulties. Guess that 125 sub section screen isnt written in stone for secondarys atleast

Reactions: 1 users
got a secondary , but its not sent out yet due to tech difficulties. Guess that 125 sub section screen isnt written in stone for secondarys atleast
It's just for interview order. The ones that don't meet all requirements will be interviewed after the applicants that do meet all requirements have interviewed. That's what I was told, but hopefully they are more flexible than that for our sake!

+1 received it today!

Can someone send me a link to the website that has the requirements

Sent from my LG-D950 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone send me a link to the website that has the requirements

http://arcomedu.org

Click this link and then click admission requirements. It says 3.0cgpa 3.2sgpa 500 mcat (no sub under 125) but I have a 505 with a 124 in psyc/soc and got a secondary so o do t think they are set in stone.

I have 2 sections with 124 and still got a secondary.

You mean you got the email about how they will send the secondary when they work out some technical problems? That's all I've got so far...

Again, the 124 screening has to do with interviews/acceptances. I imagine just about everyone will get a secondary because it's a new school and they would be dumb to turn away any money right now. The 124 won't prevent you completely from getting in, but it will (from what I was told by Mrs. Keyes in admissions) move you down on the list for interviews/acceptances. They will offer interviews/acceptances to applicants that meet all of the requirements first and then everyone else.

"Hello (my name),

Thank you for reaching out for more information. I would encourage you to go ahead and apply, but of course cannot guarantee an interview at this point. Basically, we will move applicants who do meet all the minimums through our process first, but ultimately we will review applicants as a whole instead of just based on scores, GPAs, etc.

Hopefully this helps a little.

Let me know if you have further questions or need additional information.

Mandy"

You mean you got the email about how they will send the secondary when they work out some technical problems? That's all I've got so far...
One section is sub 125 and I got one as well. It might not have hurt to have done really well on the other three though. I wonder how the sorting order is set up?

I will say it's a beautiful campus and a very nice new building. I wonder if they will be able to receive financial aid?

Did anyone that was verified 7/6 or before not get a secondary? because I still haven't heard anything from them besides the primary app received email

I haven't gotten one, but I do have a 124 subsection so maybe I was screened out!

The only "secondary" I have received so far is an email stating that they are having some technical difficulties and the secondary will be out shortly.

Just received an email from Dr. Fudge stating that the secondary will be available sometime in the next two weeks. There is also an open house.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get an email saying "Exciting Progress at ARCOM" with no text or anything?

I wonder why I don't get *any* emails from them at all!

No telling... they probably have like 5000 applications just hanging out in their queue.

Just recieved:

Dear (my name),

Exciting news is at hand! Within the next two weeks, our student information system will go “live” and you will be receiving a Secondary Application for admission, the next step toward an on-campus interview at the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). As you know, our inaugural class will begin in August 2017, and those who become a part of this journey will have a special place in the history of this institution and how we shape the direction of health care in the State of Arkansas and surrounding region. Please look for your notification of the Secondary Application in the coming days, and complete the application as soon as possible.

This is going to be a very late interview season for them I have a feeling...

Anyone know the financial aid situation at this school?

Attended the open house tonight, and the facilities did not disappoint. The Michael doll in the simulation lab was very cool, as well as the anatomy and lecture halls. The city of Fort Smith and the surrounding rural areas are fully backing this program (1 local high school band, multiple faculty members from the local university, multiple nursing homes, all EMS groups, and multiple elementary schools all came out along with tons of the citizens in the area), and I anticipate great things for this school and whoever attends it!

Attended the open house tonight, and the facilities did not disappoint. The Michael doll in the simulation lab was very cool, as well as the anatomy and lecture halls. The city of Fort Smith and the surrounding rural areas are fully backing this program (1 local high school band, multiple faculty members from the local university, multiple nursing homes, all EMS groups, and multiple elementary schools all came out along with tons of the citizens in the area), and I anticipate great things for this school and whoever attends it!
Still no secondaries tho?

The most simple secondary so far!

Simpler than lecom? LOL
Well, I dont even consider that a secondary lol... I am just pleased that I wont have to sweat over another round of essays (at least for today...)