2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got got an II and interviewing next Friday. Does anyone know if there are still open seats? I see people talking about a priority WL so it makes me concerned

Members don't see this ad.

Got got an II and interviewing next Friday. Does anyone know if there are still open seats? I see people talking about a priority WL so it makes me concerned

So there are still open seats. The priority waitlist mainly consists of people who were the top of being accepted but because the group that interviewed before them has 30 days to respond to an acceptance it makes it seem as if there’s no seats. That’s why they have the priority. As soon as those 30 days are up and they get no responses from people then the priority waitlist gets sent acceptances. I hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if I should give up hope being just waitlisted and not priority waitlisted?

does anyone know if I should give up hope being just waitlisted and not priority waitlisted?
🤷 but there is some waitlist movement in May-June based on previous years threads. I just wouldn't take getting pulled for granted. I think the priority waitlist is fairly new though, this is the first year I'm seeing it

In the same boat - have an upcoming II. Any tips on how to be successful here given the limited likelihood of acceptance?
I say just be yourself. I interviewed with them and got rejected the following week (my interview went well). I don’t believe the interview made any difference for me, but it was good practice for my other ones. At least they let me know within a decent timeframe. Really was impressed with ARCOM though.

Reactions: 1 user
I say just be yourself. I interviewed with them and got rejected the following week (my interview went well). I don’t believe the interview made any difference for me, but it was good practice for my other ones. At least they let me know within a decent timeframe. Really was impressed with ARCOM though.

Interesting your interview went well and you didn’t hear good news or think it made a difference! I also thought my interview went well before getting WL. Glad that it worked out elsewhere for you!

Last edited:
Interesting your interview went well and you didn’t hear good news or thinks it made a difference! I also thought my interview went well before getting WL. Glad that it worked out elsewhere for you!
That’s just my opinion. I do stand by that statement though. Interviews are great and all, but an acceptance would be nice. Still haven’t gotten that yet.

So I recently interviewed and I’ve been spiraling because I feel like my interview went poorly since my interviewers did not seem interested in anything I had to say… I see that most people had a positive experience. Should I prepare for an R?

So I recently interviewed and I’ve been spiraling because I feel like my interview went poorly since my interviewers did not seem interested in anything I had to say… I see that most people had a positive experience. Should I prepare for an R?
Honestly, I don't think self-assessments of interview performance are good indicators of actual interview performance. You might just be fine lol

Reactions: 4 users
My interviewers were the same way they were super dead pan until the end and then they opened up some, I wouldn’t judge yourself harshly. Some interviewers just have different styles. I did end up on WL but that’s more due to my stats than the interview in my opinion

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those on the waitlist, I assume there’s not much that we can do aside from update letters/letters of intent? I have acceptances elsewhere and deposit deadlines coming up but I’d rather not keep wasting money on deposits for other schools when I prefer ACOM. Ive already paid 2 deposits and I’m running out of money lol. I’ve sent a letter of intent but not sure if there’s anything else I can do. Any advice?

Priority Waitlisted just now,interviewed 2/17.they said a large % priority WL are usually offered a seat in late spring or summer.

just got waitlisted but said nothing about priority in the email, I'm assuming this is a long shot and I should go with my other acceptance at this point??

What’s a person gotta do to get off the waitlist and onto the priority waitlist🥹

just got waitlisted but said nothing about priority in the email, I'm assuming this is a long shot and I should go with my other acceptance at this point??
the accepted 2027 class facebook page has only 106 members and the class size is 210.So I think they are just waiting to see how many ppl to put down their deposits.dont give up hope!

the accepted 2027 class facebook page has only 106 members and the class size is 210.So I think they are just waiting to see how many ppl to put down their deposits.dont give up hope!
wondering when the next deposit deadline is for previously accepted students?

There has been a lot of WL movement after May in the past threads, but this is the first year I think they're doing priority WLs. ACOM was (is?) my first choice but I would just go to the first school that accepts me, I don't have enough money to drop thousands on deposits.

my portal says status 1A , anybody on priority WL had this before receiving an A? how long did it take to go from priority WL to A?

Since they have the priority waitlist and interview late into the cycle, does anyone know what regular waitlist movement is like?

is it worth it for me to interview late March ? If everyone is getting waitlisted? Is anyone accepted at this point in the cycle ?

is it worth it for me to interview late March ? If everyone is getting waitlisted? Is anyone accepted at this point in the cycle ?
Pretty sure their class is full. You'd be interviewing for priority waitlist at most. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

its worth it if you can make the priority WL, they said most of the priority WL gets offered a seat late spring in the email

Hey incoming ACOM students, congrats on your recent acceptances and good luck to those on waitlists. I'm a OMS-II at ACOM and I am moving out of a small house close to ACOM. My Landlord is super nice and I feel bad that I am moving out, she has a few houses that are all within 5 minutes of school (I drive to school faster than those walking from student housing). If you are interested please send me a message I'd love to get you in contact with her!

just got a complete email. didnt do CASper, would they still interview if you dont do CAsper?

Do we know how full the class is? I just got an interview for this Friday, 3/24 (received invite on 3/16). I interviewed last cycle and never got off the waitlist so I am super anxious!

Do we know how full the class is? I just got an interview for this Friday, 3/24 (received invite on 3/16). I interviewed last cycle and never got off the waitlist so I am super anxious!
Do you mind PMing me?

has anyone spoken to adcom about the waitlists recently? how many they are putting on the priority waitlist vs regular waitlist? how much of the class is full at this point in time? other than sending a letter of intent, i am not sure what else to do in the mean time. is it possible they will open up spots before may 15 when the deadline to choose schools is?

has anyone spoken to adcom about the waitlists recently? how many they are putting on the priority waitlist vs regular waitlist? how much of the class is full at this point in time? other than sending a letter of intent, i am not sure what else to do in the mean time. is it possible they will open up spots before may 15 when the deadline to choose schools is?
I asked them some time ago, they just told me that they're not pulling people recently and gave me some feedback on my app. There's a lot of WL movement in May/June but they also interview until April so who knows.

I just got the acceptance email today! Got off the priority waitlist!! Ya boy gonna be a doctor!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I got off the priority waitlist yesterday, but will be declining the acceptance. Hope it goes to one of y'all!

That’s awesome y’all congrats!
I wrote to see what criteria gets someone moved from waitlist to priority waitlist but have not heard anything back, interviewed back in 07/22, starting to lose hope😅

Last edited:
Hello! PGY-2 IM C/O 21 here. Been a while since I came through here. Lmk if i can help with any Q's!

That’s awesome y’all congrats!
I wrote to see what criteria gets someone moved from waitlist to priority waitlist but have not heard anything back, interviewed back in 07/22, starting to lose hope😅
Yea I interviewed 7/29 and was placed on the regular waitlist. I finished my SMP and sent them my transcript hoping it would bump me to the priority waitlist but so far I’ve heard nothing.This long wait is absolutely killer. Some of us have been on this list for about 7-8 months now lol… pain

has anyone else gotten off the priority waitlist? i'm losing my mind waiting lollll