ATSU-SOMA ~CHC Thread~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which CHC is the best? (this is entirely subjective; they're all good!)

• Ohio

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Phoenix

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Flagstaff

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Seattle

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Alabama

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Tucson

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • California

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Oregon

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Hawaii

Votes: 36 27.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious on your thoughts, particularly, those that are already students of SOMA. I REALLY like the idea of mixing clinical and lecture type learning. As a grad student I have always learned the science better when I found a way to apply it to my research. That being said, while I fully believe that this curriculum will likely better prepare students to be physicians and help them be better prepared for their clinical rotations, do you think the students will be adequately prepared for COMLEX (which unfortunately, is a hoop we all have to jump through and, in large part, determines our future)? While SOMA students will be well prepared for rotations, will they be as competitive as students from other schools who have had typical classroom lectures in preparation for the basic science-heavy COMLEX?

We received a Kaplan course with all the books and access to the QBank for COMLEX/USMLE from the school at the start of the second year. So we're able to prep through out MS-II if we choose to. We also have 6 weeks at the end of the year for full time prep.

As an MSII, I shared some of your concern too about whether the clinical hours detract from Board prep. I have to say they are incredibly beneficial in two ways:
1) It really does help you review a lot of material from year one (and learn new material) when you see patients in the clinic and have to recall facts from the deep corners of your memory (Which cranial nerves does this neuro exam test for? What cardiac conditions are associated with the murmur I'm hearing? Which drugs are used to treat hypertension? The results of this lab indicate what pathophysiological process is going on?). You review anatomy, pathophysiology, pharmacology, etc. as you think about the case. I find that the material I review this way really sticks in my mind more than it would from reading it in a book.
2) The clinic breaks up the monotony of studying and helps you stay motivated about practicing medicine. Trust me, as you go through first and second year you will be overwhelmed by the tedium of studying all the time. You go to medical school because you want to treat patients not to sit in the library all day.

That being said, we're still deciding exactly how many hours we should spend in clincal each week before it starts encroaching on our study time. The various CHCs are averaging anywhere from 8 to 16 hrs/week depending on the location. We all want as many hours as possible in clinic but we're all feeling incredibly stressed about getting our coursework done at the same time.

Members don't see this ad.

We received a Kaplan course with all the books and access to the QBank for COMLEX/USMLE from the school at the start of the second year. So we're able to prep through out MS-II if we choose to. We also have 6 weeks at the end of the year for full time prep.

As an MSII, I shared some of your concern too about whether the clinical hours detract from Board prep. I have to say they are incredibly beneficial in two ways:
1) It really does help you review a lot of material from year one (and learn new material) when you see patients in the clinic and have to recall facts from the deep corners of your memory (Which cranial nerves does this neuro exam test for? What cardiac conditions are associated with the murmur I'm hearing? Which drugs are used to treat hypertension? The results of this lab indicate what pathophysiological process is going on?). You review anatomy, pathophysiology, pharmacology, etc. as you think about the case. I find that the material I review this way really sticks in my mind more than it would from reading it in a book.
2) The clinic breaks up the monotony of studying and helps you stay motivated about practicing medicine. Trust me, as you go through first and second year you will be overwhelmed by the tedium of studying all the time. You go to medical school because you want to treat patients not to sit in the library all day.

That being said, we're still deciding exactly how many hours we should spend in clincal each week before it starts encroaching on our study time. The various CHCs are averaging anywhere from 8 to 16 hrs/week depending on the location. We all want as many hours as possible in clinic but we're all feeling incredibly stressed about getting our coursework done at the same time.

Thanks for the response. Best of luck to you this next year!

Well, you have to wait and see like everyone else.

I can only speak for myself - I've never failed a test in my life and I'm certainly not going to start now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Phoenix: Native American Hospital (Native American ties recommended for this site)

Do you have to be native American to work do your 3 years at IHS? I have a friend who happens to be partially Native American, but beyond that, I have no ties. Just wanted to know if someone had the information about this?

Also, as an applicant, when do you designate which CHC you would like? Is this after the interview, or after you are already selected as a student?

I believe I've read somewhere that the Phoenix site is for Native Americans only, but what if there aren't any? Presumably there would be some recruitment incentive for each class to ensure a certain number of tribal Arizonas; but what if they want to go to New York or Beaufort, SC (well, it could happen...)

FWIW I have a sizeable minority of Native American blood (my grandmother was born in Pueblo and is ~1/4 Hopi) but you'd never know it to look at my red-haired green-eyed white-skinned (OK slightly golden tinge). The only part I got was the cheekbones and tendency to get hips I think. :eek: But since nobody in my family has ever registered with any tribe (and what does that make me? 1/16? can that be right?) it probably doesn't matter. Interesting though.

Do you have to be native American to work do your 3 years at IHS? I have a friend who happens to be partially Native American, but beyond that, I have no ties. Just wanted to know if someone had the information about this?

Also, as an applicant, when do you designate which CHC you would like? Is this after the interview, or after you are already selected as a student?

gosh i should know the answer to that question...i just interviewed a lil more than a week ago--I think they told me that you DON'T have to be Native American (I am part Cherokee Indian), although the Native Americans would most likely have first dibs.
However, if you wanted to do the IHS scholarship, you need tribal papers.

From what I've heard, the Phoenix site is no longer working with IHS (although I don't know the entire story). I don't know if there will be efforts to renew the relationship in the future but in the past they had a preference (although not a hard and fast rule) for students with a Native American background even if it was distant. If you're interested in Phoenix, it's something you might want to bring up on interview day.

On interview day, you'll have an opportunity to rank your preferred CHCs and write a sentence or two about why you want to go to a particular place. The adcom makes every effort to place you in one of your top choices. When you recieve your acceptance phone call, they'll tell you where you're going (pretty sweet considering that at a lot of schools you don't know where you'll end up for clerkships until you go through the lottery your third year).

Last edited:
if it doesn't belong here, please move it. I did a google search and couldn't come up with an answer.

I'm really interested in atsu-soma. In fact it's my first choice, but I had concerns. I know students go to school in Mesa, and during years 2-4 they will be at a CHC. I own a house in Phoenix and my husband has a business here. I don't see the housing market recovering in two years (I plan to attend for 2010). I spoke with an advisor and they said if I don't get into the Phx CHC, and if I can not attend one of the others, I will have to drop out of the program :eek:...
Are there any students who were in a similar position (who are currently at a CHC)?

if it doesn't belong here, please move it. I did a google search and couldn't come up with an answer.

I'm really interested in atsu-soma. In fact it's my first choice, but I had concerns. I know students go to school in Mesa, and during years 2-4 they will be at a CHC. I own a house in Phoenix and my husband has a business here. I don't see the housing market recovering in two years (I plan to attend for 2010). I spoke with an advisor and they said if I don't get into the Phx CHC, and if I can not attend one of the others, I will have to drop out of the program :eek:...
Are there any students who were in a similar position (who are currently at a CHC)?

I'm hesitant to move your post, in case this bump attracts some current SOMA students, but another place to look for guidance would be the Osteopathic class threads. Perhaps find a few students and try PMing them. :luck:

I'm hesitant to move your post, in case this bump attracts some current SOMA students, but another place to look for guidance would be the Osteopathic class threads. Perhaps find a few students and try PMing them. :luck:

Good call since it did catch my eye, and i am a current SOMA student. Chocolaterie im not sure what you are asking, but I think you are looking to see if anyone else had to leave a house behind to go their respective CHCs. Well there were actually a few of us in my class (2011). I am from Southern Cali and still own a home there, even though I am now living, and plan on staying, in NYC. There was no way to sell the house in the market at the time (and sadly still) so we opted to rent it out. We have a full time renter now, thankfully, and hopefully they will stay there for years. I had classmates that were dropping a mortgage as well as rent because they could not sell their homes before moving out to AZ, and couldnt find renters. I think you would make a good case for them to keep you in Phoenix becasue you have a home there, BUT with that said, its no guarantee. Just remember there are 2 other AZ choices with Flag and Tucson--it would just require commuting on your part--which some of my classmates do as well. So it can be done. Good Luck!

Good call since it did catch my eye, and i am a current SOMA student. Chocolaterie im not sure what you are asking, but I think you are looking to see if anyone else had to leave a house behind to go their respective CHCs. Well there were actually a few of us in my class (2011). I am from Southern Cali and still own a home there, even though I am now living, and plan on staying, in NYC. There was no way to sell the house in the market at the time (and sadly still) so we opted to rent it out. We have a full time renter now, thankfully, and hopefully they will stay there for years. I had classmates that were dropping a mortgage as well as rent because they could not sell their homes before moving out to AZ, and couldnt find renters. I think you would make a good case for them to keep you in Phoenix becasue you have a home there, BUT with that said, its no guarantee. Just remember there are 2 other AZ choices with Flag and Tucson--it would just require commuting on your part--which some of my classmates do as well. So it can be done. Good Luck!

:) :thumbup:

thanks EastWestN2grt, that's what I was wondering! I only wished they would tell me which CHC I would be going to when they make the offer of acceptance:xf:... they told me I wouldn't know until 2 months into the semester... :( either way I'm still going to apply, thanks again for your post!:)

thanks EastWestN2grt, that's what I was wondering! I only wished they would tell me which CHC I would be going to when they make the offer of acceptance:xf:... they told me I wouldn't know until 2 months into the semester... :( either way I'm still going to apply, thanks again for your post!:)

I know it does kinda suck for the new SOMA class not getting to know which CHC you will be assigned to before matriculating, and i hope they figure out a way to make this process part of the regular interview cycle. It really is primarily a means to give the CHCs an important say in who comes to their communities. We do spend 3 years in these communities, and its a big sacrifice on the part of the CHCs so they should have a say. I have talked abt this in the past on either this or another thread. The best thing you can do, ONCE you get your acceptance letter, set up a CHC visit at the Phoenix site, meet with the facilitators and faculty there and impress them ahead of time. Impress to them why you would make a good candidate for their site. Remember one of the ultimate goals of the school is to make "Home Grown Physicians" meaning accepting med students who are from the community, and who will go back to the community. So if Phoenix is home, there is a greater likelihood of you staying in the future which makes you a good candidate. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I don't really have Native American ties, but would like to have the Phoenix CHC as my clinical rotation. Does this mean my chances for staying in Phoenix are pretty low? This gets me a little bit peeved about paying such a high tuition only to have limited options.

Any advice/ comments will be helpful.

Thanks.

Hi,

I don't really have Native American ties, but would like to have the Phoenix CHC as my clinical rotation. Does this mean my chances for staying in Phoenix are pretty low? This gets me a little bit peeved about paying such a high tuition only to have limited options.

Any advice/ comments will be helpful.

Thanks.

SOMAs Phoenix CHC is no longer affiliated with the Indian Health Services. So your chances for getting into the site are just as good as anyone accepted into SOMA.

Up in Portland we are waiting to get our rotation schedule for next year. It looks like I'm actually going to be in Washington and Idaho part of the time. But thinking back I would have gone to any school anywhere.

On a separate note I was at a MS4C (www.ms4c.com) conference at OHSU and met a lot of students from OHSU, the UCSF, UC Davis, AZCOM. It sounded like everyone ends up traveling around for rotations. It seems like once we are in rotations we are all in the same boat. We might even have the advantage in some of the rural rotations if we don't have to compete with other students or residents. Have other people gotten their schedules?

Up in Portland we are waiting to get our rotation schedule for next year. It looks like I'm actually going to be in Washington and Idaho part of the time. But thinking back I would have gone to any school anywhere.

On a separate note I was at a MS4C (www.ms4c.com) conference at OHSU and met a lot of students from OHSU, the UCSF, UC Davis, AZCOM. It sounded like everyone ends up traveling around for rotations. It seems like once we are in rotations we are all in the same boat. We might even have the advantage in some of the rural rotations if we don't have to compete with other students or residents. Have other people gotten their schedules?

Well, that's not good. I was thinking highly of the Portland site too. Yeah, rotations is something I'm still a bit concerned with (in regards to picking chc sites). Ohio was way down on my list, but now that I think about it (less competition, closer rotation sites etc), I dunno. I'm starting to think more rural. I wonder how Porterville is. Any info from current ATSU students at different sites would be greatly appreciated. Picking and sticking with a site is quite stressful, especially with 11 different ones, haha.

I'm intrigued to see how are current students doing on their tests especially with regards to the distance education? Is it too early to tell, or is data available? Either way I've already sent in my secondary, but I'm still curious!

Well, that's not good. I was thinking highly of the Portland site too. Yeah, rotations is something I'm still a bit concerned with (in regards to picking chc sites). Ohio was way down on my list, but now that I think about it (less competition, closer rotation sites etc), I dunno. I'm starting to think more rural. I wonder how Porterville is. Any info from current ATSU students at different sites would be greatly appreciated. Picking and sticking with a site is quite stressful, especially with 11 different ones, haha.

We of the Brooklyn CHC have our 3rd year rotations all at one location--Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn. The thing is there are other med students here as well--NYCOM, CUNY Downstate, St George and a spattering of Ross. But its been good, they cut student spots from St George to make sure we are accomodated.

As far as Step 1 scores--thats the million dollar question! We shall see how we all did in the not too distant future. I hope we did well.

How much control do you have over your CHC placement?

I think I read somewhere that you don't find out where you will be placed until after matriculation - is that right?

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm interested to see how SOMA is going to make the new CHC "Match" process work. I know for my own CHC (Ohio BTW, PM if you have Q's), SOMA originally had put together an absolutely horrific powerpoint that scarred everyone (and made the CEO of our CHC almost have a heart attack when she saw it). We're in the process of trying to put together a new one for future classes that won't scare children. That being said, I wouldn't stress about it too much. You never know what the true pro's and con's of the CHC are until you get there. You'll get a medicla education no matter where you end up. I, personally, never imagined I would end up at my CHC, but I've had a great experience so far. My advice would be try to talk to some students at various CHCs when the school year starts. Also, think about factors such as cost of living (Seattle and New York are exciting places to live but your COL will be triple that of some places but your FA the same as everyone elses).

How much control do you have over your CHC placement?

I think I read somewhere that you don't find out where you will be placed until after matriculation - is that right?

Thanks!

That's the new system. This incoming class is going to be the first to pick their sites after matriculation not before. The idea is to give people more time to get to know the various sites and pick one that's a good fit. The old system had the security of knowing beforehand, but you had to pick base on a 30min presentation that described each site in a powerpoint slide. Hopefully, under the new system students will be more informed.

That's the new system. This incoming class is going to be the first to pick their sites after matriculation not before. The idea is to give people more time to get to know the various sites and pick one that's a good fit. The old system had the security of knowing beforehand, but you had to pick base on a 30min presentation that described each site in a powerpoint slide. Hopefully, under the new system students will be more informed.

I wanted to add that they are doing it this way because they want the match to be a true match. That is, the student ranks the CHC and the CHC will rank the student. This is what I've heard from one of the admission reps.

Chocolaterie is correct. Since this is a collaboration between SOMA and the CHCs, there was a desire on the part of the CHCs to have a greater say on which students come to their respective locations. So it will be a "match" per se. You rank your top choices, the CHCs send a rep to the school(or look over a application which the new class fills out) and the CHC ranks their top choices. Just like the real match process, some people will get their top choices while others may not which means some people will be happy, while others are not.

I think its a fair process and at the least offers a chance for the CHC to have a choice of who ends up at their location (for approx. 3 of the 4 years). While previously it was first come, first served.

In a previous post I used the analogy of someone from the midwest getting into SOMA early, choosing the Hawaii CHC because they had an "illusion/delusion" of living in the islands, eating pineapples, and swimming with the dolphins but getting out there and clashing with the CHC/patients/residents of Hawaii and thus taking the spot from another student who would have made a better fit, and maybe worse hurting SOMAs reputation.

So we shall see how it goes.

Cool, thanks for the replies.

I'm from AL and I wouldn't particularly want to do the AL CHC. I'd rather have other experiences to bring back to AL when/if I come back to serve AL (which I most likely will). Its good news that you can rank your top choices. Seems like you have a good shot at getting your top couple choices of CHC spots.

is it still required to have a spanish background to work in the tuscon chc?

Mega Bump...haha. SOMA is one of my top choices and I am really looking forward to my interview. Was wondering if some of the current students could give a little run down of their current CHC. I am particularly interested in how much travel/moving is required during years 2-4. Have a family, would like to avoid moving if possible

Mega Bump...haha. SOMA is one of my top choices and I am really looking forward to my interview. Was wondering if some of the current students could give a little run down of their current CHC. I am particularly interested in how much travel/moving is required during years 2-4. Have a family, would like to avoid moving if possible

This is an interesting thread...I wonder if any SOMAites will see and add to it...

Hmm...I wonder what's the best way to get more info about the individual CHCs. Also does anyone know when students are asked to pick their top choices and are assigned. I thought I read somewhere it wasn't until first year started but now I can't find that.

If any current SOMA students could add updated experiences/testimonials it would be greatly appreciated. I'm very interested in this school but I'm still essentially clueless about determining a CHC (and this is after attending the interview day and glancing through online resources).

It just seems like a really big decision since you're spending at least two years at a place you've never seen before.

I got in and they are having us pick before we accept admission. They provided us with info about each site during the interview. I ranked my choices then was assigned a site in "the match". They say there is time between now and next year to try and make a switch if at all possible. Looks like I'll be going to Flagstaff!! Would really love to here some thoughts from a current SOMA student at this CHC. From my understanding you move around different CHC's in northern Arizona, is that right?

I got in and they are having us pick before we accept admission. They provided us with info about each site during the interview. I ranked my choices then was assigned a site in "the match". They say there is time between now and next year to try and make a switch if at all possible. Looks like I'll be going to Flagstaff!! Would really love to here some thoughts from a current SOMA student at this CHC. From my understanding you move around different CHC's in northern Arizona, is that right?

My friend is a 4th year and was at the Flagstaff site. He LOVED it and had nothing but good to say about it (he is single, making it easier to travel). He spent most of his free time mountain biking :)

Chocolaterie is correct. Since this is a collaboration between SOMA and the CHCs, there was a desire on the part of the CHCs to have a greater say on which students come to their respective locations. So it will be a "match" per se. You rank your top choices, the CHCs send a rep to the school(or look over a application which the new class fills out) and the CHC ranks their top choices. Just like the real match process, some people will get their top choices while others may not which means some people will be happy, while others are not.

I think its a fair process and at the least offers a chance for the CHC to have a choice of who ends up at their location (for approx. 3 of the 4 years). While previously it was first come, first served.

In a previous post I used the analogy of someone from the midwest getting into SOMA early, choosing the Hawaii CHC because they had an "illusion/delusion" of living in the islands, eating pineapples, and swimming with the dolphins but getting out there and clashing with the CHC/patients/residents of Hawaii and thus taking the spot from another student who would have made a better fit, and maybe worse hurting SOMAs reputation.

So we shall see how it goes.

Lol, I want to eat my pineapples and live on the islands and I'm from the midwest. I also happen to like their shiny new emergency medicine facility that's in the works, though. I actually have SOMA on the top of my list for the CHC idea, I think it is a great opportunity for students, though I hope there is some sort of essay for why you want to go to a specific site; how else will the CHC representatives rank you aside from pure stats?

I am shocked that Hawaii is the most popular on this poll. I am s**ting bricks right now :wow:

If any current SOMA students could add updated experiences/testimonials it would be greatly appreciated. I'm very interested in this school but I'm still essentially clueless about determining a CHC (and this is after attending the interview day and glancing through online resources).

It just seems like a really big decision since you're spending at least two years at a place you've never seen before.
I go to ATSU-SOMA and here is my two cents:

It is a big decision picking a CHC site. Each site has various pluses and minuses but honestly it doesn't matter which one you pick. The best factor would be if you want to live where the CHC is at. After that everything is just about equal.

Do you guys know if its possible to change the CHC sometime in the first year? For ex if you want a CHC that was lower in your list than the one you were given? I think its a bit weird when they ask you to rank some places where you've never been and dont know much about except by reading online...

How does CHC location factor into auditions and places you would like to go prior to match?

I'm interested in the SOMA model after reading Orthojoe's thread.

Do you guys know if its possible to change the CHC sometime in the first year? For ex if you want a CHC that was lower in your list than the one you were given? I think its a bit weird when they ask you to rank some places where you've never been and dont know much about except by reading online...

It is almost always possible to switch CHCs as long as you do the paperwork and find someone willing to switch with you. People switch in first, second and third year every now and then. It is tough deciding which CHC based on so little information that they give you. The reason why they do this is to avoid any extra drama of being selected at a particular location over someone else. With that said if you would like any information about any particular CHC the students are more than willing to help you out.

As for the auditions question, I am not sure that it does factor. If you get selected for a CHC on the West Coast and you want to do audition rotations on the East Coast then you more than able to, as long as you don't mind the commute. There are people that set up many of their own rotations wherever they want regardless of where their CHC is located. I hope that answered your question.

Can anybody from an Ohio CHC or a Hawaii CHC post some of their experiences? Pros/cons...study preparation for exams (including USMLE)...how the clinic is? Like you get enough practice (and not just primary care)? Costs of living, travel etc?

Can anybody from an Ohio CHC or a Hawaii CHC post some of their experiences? Pros/cons...study preparation for exams (including USMLE)...how the clinic is? Like you get enough practice (and not just primary care)? Costs of living, travel etc?

Bumping this for people interested in ATSU-SOMA.

Are we able to choose ANY place on the list upon acceptance??

Although I am a pre-medical student, I have actually visit the Hawaii CHC. As for the board prep, I am uncertain if they have formal classes for it but they get 4 weeks off to study for level 1. The site does seem primary care focused but they do have selectives during their third year. I did not ask the second years to many questions since they had their exams to study for after class (they were most happy to answer my questions though).

Yes you can choose which ever place but this is done during your first year (not sure when). If I recall correctly, you are given a list and you choose your top choices. If the site you choose is in the state you are from, you are "almost certain" to get that location. You can still choose other locations but your chances of getting them will be the same as a normal lot.

Last edited:

This is how it worked for the class of 2017. It was NOT the same for the class of 2016 and might not be the same for the class of 2018, so keep that in mind.

1. You've interviewed and are accepted pending a CHC location. You send in a rank list of the CHCs that you would be willing to attend in the order of preference. You can rank as many or as few as you'd like.

2. You are assigned the highest available CHC from your rank list. If it's relatively early in the application season, you'll probably get top choice. The later in the season, the less likely you are to get your top choice. Just from what I've seen, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, DC, and Brooklyn are the most popular. California, Ohio, and South Carolina are least popular.

3. If you agree to the CHC you're assigned to, you sign some forms and your acceptance is finalized.

Last edited:
Yes you can choose which ever place but this is done during your first year (not sure when). If I recall correctly, you are given a list and you choose your top choices. If the site you choose is in the state you are from, you are "almost certain" to get that location. You can still choose other locations but your chances of getting them will be the same as a normal lot.
That's how it was for the class of 2016. For us, it was done before we matriculated and I don't think there was any bias for students who are from the CHC area.

This is how it worked for the class of 2017. It was NOT the same for the class of 2016 and might not be the same for the class of 2018, so keep that in mind.

1. You've interviewed and are accepted pending a CHC location. You send in a rank list of the CHCs that you would be willing to attend in the order of preference. You can rank as many or as few as you'd like.

2. You are assigned the highest available CHC from your rank list. If it's relatively early in the application season, you'll probably get top choice. The later in the season, the less likely you are to get your top choice. Just from what I've seen, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, DC, and Brooklyn are the most popular. California, Ohio, and South Carolina are least popular.

3. If you agree to the CHC you're assigned to, you sign some forms and your acceptance is finalized.

I am very surprised Hawaii isn't the most popular.

I am very surprised Hawaii isn't the most popular.

Have you ever looked into what housing and food costs in Hawaii? And then pile the inevitable travel costs on top of that.

People want to go, but they don't want to pay what it costs to go.

My year (2015), Brooklyn was by far the most popular. With Portland, Seattle, and I think California also being pretty competitive. Flagstaff and Alabama (no longer available), were least popular.

I wonder how competitive Wash DC will be this year.

That's how it was for the class of 2016. For us, it was done before we matriculated and I don't think there was any bias for students who are from the CHC area.

I heard this from one of the MS2's at the site so I took his word for it (I have not talked with enough students to confirm this).

I heard this from one of the MS2's at the site so I took his word for it (I have not talked with enough students to confirm this).
Just keep in mind that SOMA is always changing and improving, so what you hear from a current student may not be the same for the entering class that you're applying for.

When do you turn in the ranking list? During the interview?
For us, we got a brief intro to the CHCs and a rank list during the interview. We could turn in the rank list anytime after the interview. If we were accepted, we had 1 week to turn the rank list in if we hadn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.