ATSU-SOMA ~CHC Thread~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which CHC is the best? (this is entirely subjective; they're all good!)

• Ohio

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Phoenix

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Flagstaff

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Seattle

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Alabama

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Tucson

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • California

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Oregon

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Hawaii

Votes: 36 27.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep in mind that SOMA is always changing and improving, so what you hear from a current student may not be the same for the entering class that you're applying for.

Thanks for the input brakk026. I will keep what you said in mind since I will be apply this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

So, if I choose Hawaii as my CHC, does the curriculum allow me to stay there for the remaining three years of school until graduation? Am I able to do my 3rd and 4th rotations in Hawaii (at different clinics) or am I required to do rotations in different states?

So, if I choose Hawaii as my CHC, does the curriculum allow me to stay there for the remaining three years of school until graduation? Am I able to do my 3rd and 4th rotations in Hawaii (at different clinics) or am I required to do rotations in different states?

I wonder how competitive it is to get Hawaii.

Members don't see this ad :)

It is possible to set up all the rotations on the island of Oahu and most likely is the same way for the CHCs in other states. You definitely will have all the core rotations there for 3rd year but I am not sure if you have all the elective rotations you desire on Oahu (you may need to fly out for that).

I wonder how competitive it is to get Hawaii.

I would think it is competitive but, as SLC has stated, cost of living is high here. So competition for this spot is not that great.

Could anyone provide the website for the Washington D.C. CHC? If I understood correctly, there are 10 CHC's without Alabama; correct? (Ohio, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Brooklyn, South Carolina, Seattle, Tucson, California, Oregon, Hawaii and Washington D.C.) TIA.

I believe there is a FM residency at the DC CHC. Check out Unity Health's website

Just out of curiousity, is the Hawaii CHC still around? Didn't see it on the website.

Can someone please list the sites that require a lot of traveling, thank you

Can someone please list the sites that require a lot of traveling, thank you
You should ask this question in the SOMA thread where more people are active

Status
Not open for further replies.