Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have asked for WTF to be investigated. I don't know who IPB investigated last night, but she hasn't given us anything yet. (I don't think she has been online.)

Also, WTF - didn't you say you had a "pop-culture" role earlier in the game?

... which is why I asked what day we're on. WTF should have 7 investigations done. IPB ought to have 6 (Was she dead just one night? Might be < 6 if she was dead longer.).

We have ... incredibly little info for 13 investigations. I feel like one of them almost has to be full of crap.

I was initially Lindsay Lohan. I took over the role later in the game because there was some sort of issue and DVMD wanted to transfer the role to me (or just change my role, I don't know)

Members don't see this ad.

... which is why I asked what day we're on. WTF should have 7 investigations done. IPB ought to have 6 (Was she dead just one night? Might be < 6 if she was dead longer.).

We have ... incredibly little info for 13 investigations. I feel like one of them almost has to be full of crap.

I think she was dead for two nights, if you count the one she was killed on, at least according to my notes. Could be wrong though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know exactly when it was. I think I was investigated last night. The false info came out maybe an hour or two ago.

So if IPB were converted and passed on info to WTF..... then WTF might not even be a seer? I mean, if you were the wolves and you converted the villagers' seer, you could claim to be any role you wanted. Especially to try and convince people not to lynch you.

It does explain it because IPB could have investigated you and told WTF what your role was. WTF could have then told you and you would believe her because she new your role.

Yes but nohika said she was forwarded a PM that WTF got from DVM, so I don't think that is the case here.

I am more suspicious of IPB then of WTF for some reason, but who the f' knows right now - good thing this is a long day

I think the fact that IPB is asking for advice on who to investigate and then not investigating them is fishy.

I have been able to do three investigations since I got the role - nohika, devyn, and Lissarae. That's it. And no, I had no idea who IPB was investigating, and I'm not a wolf. Perhaps we simply thought along the same lines.

I don't know exactly when it was. I think I was investigated last night. The false info came out maybe an hour or two ago.

That seems even stranger honestly. Wouldn't it have made sense to clear you first since you are in her room and she can talk to you?

I was initially Lindsay Lohan. I took over the role later in the game because there was some sort of issue and DVMD wanted to transfer the role to me (or just change my role, I don't know)

This is the post where WTF claimed to have a pop culture role. To me Sherlock Holmes =/= pop culture.

Just to repeat.

That seems even stranger honestly. Wouldn't it have made sense to clear you first since you are in her room and she can talk to you?

I don't know exactly what order it was in - you'd have to ask WTF. There was little to no PMing in our room to WTF (I mostly talked to NordiCat and occasionally Katie8) and I've heard of Seers not wanting to share info until they had something to share, so.

Because I had stronger suspicions as to Lissa and devyn, and wanted to do them first. it isn't the rule that you need to investigate your group first. I was more interested in them first, and figured I could do one of my own later, since I didn't think I was looking appealing to the wolves since I was quiet. If I had been my louder self initially, I probably would have cleared her first in order to have a backup for my results.

Yes but nohika said she was forwarded a PM that WTF got from DVM, so I don't think that is the case here.

I am more suspicious of IPB then of WTF for some reason, but who the f' knows right now - good thing this is a long day

I think the fact that IPB is asking for advice on who to investigate and then not investigating them is fishy.

I said this on the last page...can't figure out how to multi-quote, and every time someone explains it, it makes my head hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
SOV was pulling some strings in our room.

As an aside, SOV did something ... odd ... way back on day 2 of the game. I called him on it in a PM and he gave me a really awesome story that I totally fell for. I had him caught in a mistake and he spun it so well I completely forgot.

Nicely done, SOV.

I said this on the last page...can't figure out how to multi-quote, and every time someone explains it, it makes my head hurt.

I meant that last part about IPB not investigating who we thought after asking for suggestions. Darn no edit rule.

Has any other game had 2 seers? Isn't is usually 1 seer and an investigative item? Of course it could be a first for this game, but I feel like at least one of them is lying.

I don't know exactly what order it was in - you'd have to ask WTF. There was little to no PMing in our room to WTF (I mostly talked to NordiCat and occasionally Katie8) and I've heard of Seers not wanting to share info until they had something to share, so.

It's really important for a seer to find *somebody* to share with, so that if they die suddenly they don't take days' worth of accumulated investigatory knowledge with them.

It's really important for a seer to find *somebody* to share with, so that if they die suddenly they don't take days' worth of accumulated investigatory knowledge with them.

Agreed. Hence my investigation of nohika. I've only had the role for three cycles and investigated her on the third. I thought it was better to look at the two I was truly suspicious of and then get a confidant, because I didn't think I was on the wolf's radar at all.

Has any other game had 2 seers? Isn't is usually 1 seer and an investigative item? Of course it could be a first for this game, but I feel like at least one of them is lying.

I'm trying to figure out why DVMDream would have adjusted WTF's role.

I feel like we almost have to accept that. I know anything goes and we're all free to lie as much as we want, but I'd think claiming a mod did something the mod didn't do might cross that line? I dunno.

This game has had a lot of different items and roles then other games, so who knows how DVM is playing it. And the fact that WTF was switched to a seer later on in the game leads me to believe DVM thought we needed another seer (probably because the candle as an item didn't work so well :laugh: - j/k DVM!)

Or perhaps - depending on when WTF was switched. IPB was brought back by SOV who was in fact a wolf at the time which then converted her into a wolf. DVM felt bad that the villagers had no seer and were indeed f'ed in the a, so she decided to switch someone into a seer role. Nice theory eh?

I would just like to say to all the pre-vets that I just took a virology exam in the middle of all this hubbub over WTF. So if you're wondering how you handle SDN and vet school all at once.... ;-)

I feel like we almost have to accept that. I know anything goes and we're all free to lie as much as we want, but I'd think claiming a mod did something the mod didn't do might cross that line? I dunno.

I think part of it might be is that (as far as I know) beyond the candlestick there is no investigatory item. So maybe there's two seers to make up for it?

As an aside, SOV did something ... odd ... way back on day 2 of the game. I called him on it in a PM and he gave me a really awesome story that I totally fell for. I had him caught in a mistake and he spun it so well I completely forgot.

Nicely done, SOV.

Care to share?

I meant that last part about IPB not investigating who we thought after asking for suggestions. Darn no edit rule.

Like I said, SOV had some serious pull in our room.

That is my thought. Don't clear the whole room, but have one person you can talk to freely.

Nicely done, SOV.
I have no recollection of what you are talking about.
Out of curiosity can you PM me what you mean,
I obviously can't answer till after the game one way or the other.

Kinda like inventing an item that the mod didn't have in the game? ;)

I agree that I think one of them is lying. The question is, which one?

I would just like to say to all the pre-vets that I just took a virology exam in the middle of all this hubbub over WTF. So if you're wondering how you handle SDN and vet school all at once.... ;-)

:thumbup::thumbup: :laugh:
Let's just hope you passed it! :xf:

NOT me. I'm very, very serious. I have no idea if IPB is any good either, but I'm definitely who I say I am. I know as a baddie I have been known to make up items and roles - this much is true. However, if I *was* bad, WHY would I call any attention to myself for pulling a move that y'all didn't approve of? Huh? That would be suicide.

Now I need to get back to reports for a bit.

Score! (Again!) :laugh:

I think inventing something (a role or an item) is crossing a different (far less) boundary vs saying that a mod interfered and that they gave a role later in the game. Making something up isn't the same as saying OMG THE MOD DID XYZ kind of thing.

Least in my opinion.

Eh. I think inventing an item is different than claiming a mod actually DID something. Ya know? Maybe not. I dunno.

And dammit, the stethoscope was a perfect item. More people should have fallen for it. :)

Sorry I haven't been adding much, I am actually studying and watching hockey and watching game of thrones and refreshing this thread every once in a while :D

I need to look back through some stuff to try and find any reason to lynch anyone

Care to share?

Well. In retrospect I'm not really sure it was a mistake. If he was a villager, then his story was probably true. If he was a wolf, it may have been calculated and not a mistake. But cuit was moved to our room, and he sent a PM talking about 'wolf movement'. I asked him why he was sure it was wolf movement..... His argument was that he was trying to be intentionally aggressive to cuit to make cuit slip up.

Not really relevant to where we're at now. I am curious after the game is done to know whether it was a mistake or intentional, though!

how come all this exciting discussion started
after my death. Timing is EVERYTHING.

As someone who has modded before, I would have no problem with someone saying I did something that I didn't. To me, it's all part of the game. I'm not sure that is the case with WTF. I'm leaning more towards lynching IPB at the moment.

Nicely done, SOV.

To be honest, I'm kinda leaning towards SOV having been converted somewhere along the line - he'd be a pretty good convert from the wolves' perspective since he resurrected the seer and people would trust him early on because of that.

Back from hockey and it's been really difficult to totally keep up. I don't know what to think of anything coming out of the kitchen now because I'm sure SOV was influencing what was going on in there (no offense to the rest of you in there, but he can be pretty damn convincing plus he looked/might have been innocent early) and whatever communication there has been, you can bet he shared it with the rest of the wolves. So if Ivory has been investigating people and trusting him with the results, and the wolves also have their own seer (which is pretty common it seems like), they might know a lot of roles they can 'clear' people with...

To be honest, I'm kinda leaning towards SOV having been converted somewhere along the line - he'd be a pretty good convert from the wolves' perspective since he resurrected the seer and people would trust him early on because of that.

Yeah, I'm inclined to think you're right. The only thing that makes me frown about it is that he actually had one of "the" names, as opposed to some other role name.

Sadly I must head to bed since it is 4 am here.... since our lynch is not due until tomorrow at 12 PST I think we have some time to figure things out at least.

I will check in in the morning and see what has been hashed out on the thread

:sleep:

So my city is under a tornado warning right now so I'm going to be disappearing for a little while so I can devote my internet usage to weather watching. Be back when the storm passes :)

So my city is under a tornado warning right now so I'm going to be disappearing for a little while so I can devote my internet usage to weather watching. Be back when the storm passes :)

Eek! Happy hunkering..? Good luck! :luck:

Stay safe!

:scared: stay safe!

That's super impressive :clap:. I got so caught up with my conspiracy theories with the disney WW game that I wasted hours of my crunch time for a major exam, and literally did not have time to go over 1/4 of the material :eek:. Surprised I did okay. So... if you're wondering how SDN can kill your vet school performance...

And seriously, there's not enough popcorn in the world for what's been goin on in the last 48 hrs

I received the role on 4/28 at 12:38am CST.

DVMD, I know you can't comment, and I know you asked me not to talk about it, but given the circumstances and my number of investigations I felt I had to defend myself :(

And how often can you investigate?

I already said how often. You seem quite interested.

I'm sorry if believing your role was completely revamped to a seer role in the middle of the game is a little hard. I'm trying to make sure your story adds up, but also to figure out why DVM may have introduced this role.