Clue WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it make sense to give the wolves a seer late in the game? Don't they usually have a way to investigate via an item at least? I feel like the candlestick is almost useless, esp for finding roles/etc. Maybe DVMDream realized there was no way for the wolves to investigate and appointed a seer.

And WTF - you said the reason that you moved Philliab was because you thought wolves could only kill in their own rooms and that moving her would show her as a wolf. I've brought this point up several times but no one has said anything, curious what people think. There were never any villager kills in the Conservatory, so that theory would make Philliab least suspicious. It just doesn't add up to me.

I don't know, I'm pretty confused about the entire thing. I do think that SOV was converted, and I think that it's likely that it was after IPB was resurrected. Right now I'm leaning toward lynching WTF - it seems weird that the mod would appoint a second seer to the villagers. But I am more than open to other options if anyone has any.
Wolves don't really have a reason to investigate though. If our seer had been turned into a wolf, then the villagers would need some help. I think DVM might have realized that the candlestick isn't as helpful as she intended (although it did help catch SOV) so maybe she decided to give us another seer with the handicap that WTF has to be silenced if she finds a wolf.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is turning into a cluster****. :bang: I've defended myself the best way I can, explained by reasoning and my unfortunate overlooking of info due to trying to catch up on rapid-fire page-filling over a weekend where I was busy as heck, and tried to rectify the situation with suggestions. Can't really do any more than that at this point.

Wolves don't really have a reason to investigate though. If our seer had been turned into a wolf, then the villagers would need some help. I think DVM might have realized that the candlestick isn't as helpful as she intended (although it did help catch SOV) so maybe she decided to give us another seer with the handicap that WTF has to be silenced if she finds a wolf.

Yeah, I see how IPB could be a wolf - if SOV was actually a wolf from the beginning and not a conversion like he said, he could've brought her back as a wolf. Or she could've been converted during a night with no kills (was the Earthquake the only night cycle with no kills? I'm sure someone else has better notes than I do).

Are we in agreement though that it's unlikely there are two villager seers? If so, then we just have to decide between the two of them.

Ok, I have to study so that means I need to cast a vote. Either WTF or IPB has to be lying. I'm going with my gut on this one lynch IPB

Yeah, I see how IPB could be a wolf - if SOV was actually a wolf from the beginning and not a conversion like he said, he could've brought her back as a wolf. Or she could've been converted during a night with no kills (was the Earthquake the only night cycle with no kills? I'm sure someone else has better notes than I do).

Are we in agreement though that it's unlikely there are two villager seers? If so, then we just have to decide between the two of them.

I don't think it's that unlikely. But like I said, I KNOW I'm not. IPB may be good or bad, I have absolutely no clue. I can see either me or IPB getting knocked off the next night, even if you lynch one of us today, though. So let's be careful.

I don't trust anyone at the moment.

IPB says she investigated Sheepie last night, but won't reveal the role unless everyone insists. I think if she tells (& Sheepie can confirm it is correct) it will confirm at least whether she investigated Sheeps last night or not. Thoughts?

Seriously. I feel like I need to bend over and let everyone have a go at me with a switch in order to have them trust me. :rolleyes: As if no one has messed up or done something silly (Katie8 shotgunning, anyone?) in a WW game before.
Right now I think neither of us trusts the other one, and people trust one or the other but not both of us. We can investigate each other tonight, but that assumes that everyone else will trust both of our answers...

I have a final in under an hour so I have to cast my vote now, I believe that WTF is not a wolf but still unsure about IPBs status.

Lynch IPB

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a final in under an hour so I have to cast my vote now, I believe that WTF is not a wolf but still unsure about IPBs status

Did you see my post? Would you be willing to let IPB reveal your role?

I don't trust anyone at the moment.

IPB says she investigated Sheepie last night, but won't reveal the role unless everyone insists. I think if she tells (& Sheepie can confirm it is correct) it will confirm at least whether she investigated Sheeps last night or not. Thoughts?

Maybe but she could be the wolf seer so she could have found my role but is still not innocent, if you all insist I guess she can reveal it

The only problem is that it would prove IPB is a seer, which I don't think anyone is doubting, but it wouldn't prove that she's not a wolf.

I know it doesn't, but I'm operating under a theory here that I'd rather not vocalize on the thread.

I have been trying to stay away from SDN to concentrate on final studying, but now checking in....

Current Lynch Tally:

IPB - 2 (Liss, Sheeps)

Lynch Deadline is 12PM PST.

***Please keep an updated tally on this thread. Someone PLEASE post a FINAL TALLY at 12PM so I can find it and give you all results. Otherwise, you will not get results until MUCH later.***

Also, Night Deadline is 7PM PST. So go ahead and send in night PMs once you feel ready.

My only worry is that if IPB turns out to be innocent, then I'm next on the chopping block by the reasoning that one of us has to be bad. Not a good situation. I bet the wolves are currently laughing their butts off.

I'm not going to make it back to change my vote, so I'm choosing not to make one. I'm suspicious of several people - Lissa has been informed.

Ok we have 1 hour until lynch - I am not sure whether either of the seers is a wolf, so I would prefer if they were investigated before we lynched them

trusty RNG says...

lynch hintofblue

My only worry is that if IPB turns out to be innocent, then I'm next on the chopping block by the reasoning that one of us has to be bad. Not a good situation. I bet the wolves are currently laughing their butts off.
It's vice-versa for me. But I don't have any better ideas at the moment.

I'm not going to make it back to change my vote, so I'm choosing not to make one. I'm suspicious of several people - Lissa has been informed.

Just make a vote. If you make a bad vote no one is going to blame you. It is making you look more suspicious to remain quiet. IMO

Like I've said a million times, it was a bad move on my part. Can I stop self-flagellating for everyone now? I'm getting a little tired of it.

It's been a long day and I seriously read that as self-flatuating at first :hungover:

self-flagellating

bacteria_man.jpg

30 minutes left! :eek:

Current Lynch Tally:

IPB - 2 (Liss, Sheeps)
hintofblue - 1 (devyn)

***Please keep an updated tally on this thread. Someone PLEASE post a FINAL TALLY at 12PM so I can find it and give you all results. Otherwise, you will not get results until MUCH later.***

Also, Night Deadline is 7PM PST. So go ahead and send in night PMs once you feel ready.

30 minutes left! :eek:

Current Lynch Tally:

IPB - 3 (Liss, Sheeps, JJ)
hintofblue - 1 (devyn)

Wolves don't really have a reason to investigate though.

You kidding? Pretty sure wolves would love to have an investigator in order to find people with potential roles to target. You know, like they have done quite proficiently during this game. That's mostly what makes me believe there is a wolf seer, even if that seer can only investigate every other night or every third night or whatever.

You kidding? Pretty sure wolves would love to have an investigator in order to find people with potential roles to target. You know, like they have done quite proficiently during this game. That's mostly what makes me believe there is a wolf seer, even if that seer can only investigate every other night or every third night or whatever.
I meant at this point in the game. All the major roles are pretty much known I feel like.

I am more inclined to believe WTF than IPB--IPB hasn't given us any useful info and doesn't seem to be taking our advice on who to investigate...so,

Lynch IPB

I meant at this point in the game. All the major roles are pretty much known I feel like.

Why are we taking for granted that WTF is telling the truth about being given a late role? The other way that she could have investigated only 3 people by now is if it is an alternating night role or something, which I've seen the times that I was a wolf.

Why are we taking for granted that WTF is telling the truth about being given a late role? The other way that she could have investigated only 3 people by now is if it is an alternating night role or something, which I've seen the times that I was a wolf.
I don't think anyone is taking it for granted. I don't trust WTF at this point but I trust IPB even less.

Want to get my vote in before the deadline (just got home) so: Lynch IPB.

I hate being this close to the deadline and really being conflicted like this. My gut doesn't trust WTF but perhaps it's pre-existing bias and knowing she's an experienced and smart player. I'm pretty curious as to why Sheepdog seems to trust WTF so much, though. I really hope we aren't being played here.

And I don't know what's been going on in the kitchen, but they don't seem to trust IPB for whatever reason and they probably know better than I do, so lynch Ivorypolarbear

I hope you guys are right.

I hate being this close to the deadline and really being conflicted like this. My gut doesn't trust WTF but perhaps it's pre-existing bias and knowing she's an experienced and smart player. I'm pretty curious as to why Sheepdog seems to trust WTF so much, though. I really hope we aren't being played here.

And that's where I'm at. I don't feel good lynching either of them.

Personally, I think WTF doth protest a but too strongly - our questions have been reasonable questions in light of a LOT of weirdness (a changing role???? The philliab thing???) but she's gotten really defensive.

But I hate the thought of lynching a seer that might be on our side.

Ugh.

******lynch wtf*******

And I don't know what's been going on in the kitchen, but they don't seem to trust IPB for whatever reason and they probably know better than I do, so lynch Ivorypolarbear

I hope you guys are right.
We have been talking about it since it looked like SOV was going to be lynched. Let's just say that IPB was left out of quite a few PMs.

update lynch tally for DVMDream

Current Lynch Tally:

IPB - 8 (Liss, Sheeps, JJ, NStarz, cuitz, Nyanko, nohika, LIS)
hintofblue - 1 (devyn)

hope I didn't miss anyone! LIS was right at 12pm PST

Last edited:
Voting Closed
update lynch tally for DVMDream

Current Lynch Tally:

IPB - 7 (Liss, Sheeps, JJ, NStarz, cuitz, Nyanko, nohika)
hintofblue - 1 (devyn)
WTF - 1 (LIS)

Katie8, you misread LIS's vote, but I see devyn fixed it.

In any case, I knew this was coming after SOV was lynched! I wanted to gain another night for WTF and I to investigate each other, but you guys bandwagoned instead of waffling like I'd hoped. :laugh:

In any case, I knew this was coming after SOV was lynched! I wanted to gain another night for WTF and I to investigate each other, but you guys bandwagoned instead of waffling like I'd hoped. :laugh:
sad beans IPB

Does this mean you are an evil wolf?! :mad:

hehe yep I did :) good catch devyn!

sorry about your lynch IPB...well....not really ;)

Does this mean you are an evil wolf?! :mad:
Firefly said sorry newbie wolf and then edited it to say sad beans before anyone else posted so it doesn't look like it was edited.