ECU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
My status changed to invited for interview too! Still no email yet, though :)

Has anyone received an invitation to interview email?
I am unsure of whether or not to email admissions about this and how far along they are in finalizing the interview schedule/process

Members don't see this ad :)
No, it states that we have to call and schedule after submitting ID information and such. The email came from their admissions email!
Interesting. I guess I should email them back considering I was also invited but haven't received an email.
I am kind of scared that this has happened considering I didn't receive an email

Interesting. I guess I should email them back considering I was also invited but haven't received an email.
I am kind of scared that this has happened considering I didn't receive an email
I haven't received an email either, but my AADSAS status changed. Maybe they're still working on sending out emails?

I got an email this morning inviting me to interview with instructions on how to schedule the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Just called to schedule my interview! So excited!

Interview #1
School: East Carolina University
Notification date: 8/18/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
Application complete date: 7/17
GPA (overall, science): 3.72, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/24/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Just called to schedule my interview! So excited!

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/18/2020
Application complete date: 7/17
GPA (overall, science): 3.72, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/24/2020
I know we receive an email a week prior to our scheduled interview but were we supposed to receive a confirmation email shortly after scheduling an interview?

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/11/2020
Application complete date: 7/27
GPA (overall, science): 3.47 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/22

Last edited:
I know we receive an email a week prior to our scheduled interview but were we supposed to receive a confirmation email shortly after scheduling an interview?
I received a confirmation email a day after scheduling it over the phone, yes.

Got an email Thursday 9/10 around 7pm that I was invited to an interview!! You can only call on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2-4 pm to schedule your interview, so I wasn't able to actually call and schedule it til yesterday.

Interview #1
Notification date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 08/06 (took DAT 07/24 but it took them that long to verify scores)
GPA (overall, science): 3.59 / 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/15/2020

For those interviewing this upcoming week, have any of you gotten an email with links to sign onto the video call?

Umm is the interview link not working for anyone else??? Lowkey panicking

For anyone else interviewing Oct 1 have you received the email with further instructions?

Congrats to all who have gotten an interview so far. I submitted my application on June 26th, and I have not heard from ECU yet. This is my second time applying, I got an interview last year just two weeks after submitting my application (I submitted it late last year). Is this a bad sign that I have not heard from them yet since I applied so early this round?

Did anybody interviewing on September 29 receive a link to the interview?

Congrats to all who have gotten an interview so far. I submitted my application on June 26th, and I have not heard from ECU yet. This is my second time applying, I got an interview last year just two weeks after submitting my application (I submitted it late last year). Is this a bad sign that I have not heard from them yet since I applied so early this round?
It is a waiting game, don’t lose hope! This is also my second time applying. It requires a lot of patience and self-discipline, but stay confident in yourself, your abilities, and your hard work! I am optimistic you will hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 users
It is a waiting game, don’t lose hope! This is also my second time applying. It requires a lot of patience and self-discipline, but stay confident in yourself, your abilities, and your hard work! I am optimistic you will hear something soon!
Thank you for giving me hope! Best of luck to you!

I received an interview invite Monday Oct. 5th. I called the next day and scheduled for Nov. 3rd. I was told I'd receive a confirmation email shortly and another a few days before the interview with the itinerary. Did it take a few days for anyone else to receive the interview confirmation email?

I received an interview invite Monday Oct. 5th. I called the next day and scheduled for Nov. 3rd. I was told I'd receive a confirmation email shortly and another a few days before the interview with the itinerary. Did it take a few days for anyone else to receive the interview confirmation email?
I got mine right after scheduling the interview

I interviewed October 1st. It took about a week after calling to schedule a date to get a confirmation email and I got the itinerary email about 4 days before my interview.

I interviewed October 1st. It took about a week after calling to schedule a date to get a confirmation email and I got the itinerary email about 4 days before my interview.
Ok good that makes me feel better. I was starting to get nervous.

I got mine the day before the interview no need to stress at all.

I have an interview tomorrow and still haven’t received the email containing the link for it. I emailed the office, but I’m worried. Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow?

I have an interview tomorrow and still haven’t received the email containing the link for it. I emailed the office, but I’m worried. Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow?
I hope you received the email in time and that everything went smoothly!

That is unacceptable.....I pray you get it

How is the interview process this year?

I believe we are required to buy a computer through ECU for patient data reasons. I'm not sure about iPads though.
During the interview they said we’d be required to buy a tech package, it comes with a MacBook (pro I think), an iPad, and an Apple Pencil. They also said we’re required to have iPhones which is no big deal for me, but I know a lot of ppl that prefer android lol. Personally, I would wait to buy it from the school just in case they offer it at a discount (unlikely but who knows), and that way you won’t have two iPads lol

During the interview they said we’d be required to buy a tech package, it comes with a MacBook (pro I think), an iPad, and an Apple Pencil. They also said we’re required to have iPhones which is no big deal for me, but I know a lot of ppl that prefer android lol. Personally, I would wait to buy it from the school just in case they offer it at a discount (unlikely but who knows), and that way you won’t have two iPads lol
Thanks for the correction I did not recall that we had to buy the entire package including the ipad/apple pencil.

Does anyone know how many interviews ECU has conducted this cycle so far? Not how many interview dates, but an estimate of how many actual people were interviewed?

Does anyone know how many interviews ECU has conducted this cycle so far? Not how many interview dates, but an estimate of how many actual people were interviewed?
Well from this thread alone there’s been about 5 interview dates mentioned and at mine there were 8 people I believe, so if that’s true for all the other days then they’ve interviewed at least 40. I’m sure not all interview dates have been mentioned here so there’s likely been more

Well from this thread alone there’s been about 5 interview dates mentioned and at mine there were 8 people I believe, so if that’s true for all the other days then they’ve interviewed at least 40. I’m sure not all interview dates have been mentioned here so there’s likely been more
From this excel sheet, ECU interviews about 70% of the applicant pool, but it’s a few years old so that might’ve changed.