Edward Via - Carolina Campus (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Probably snow cancelled classes and meeting last week?

I hope that's the case!! This is my first choice school, and I have officially reached the freak out point!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an interview offer here yesterday, and interview on 2/8. Does anyone know if the two upper level biology courses are absolutely needed for matriculation? Also, what is interview day like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview offer here yesterday, and interview on 2/8. Does anyone know if the two upper level biology courses are absolutely needed for matriculation? Also, what is interview day like?

I would say that everything they list as REQUIRED is required (i.e DO letter, etc)

When were you complete and stats?

Does anyone know about how long it takes to receive "complete" status once LOR's/secondary application has been submitted? Or how often the admissions committee meets to determine who gets II's?

Feeling really hopeful/antsy.. thanks a lot for any info!

Does anyone know about how long it takes to receive "complete" status once LOR's/secondary application has been submitted? Or how often the admissions committee meets to determine who gets II's?

Feeling really hopeful/antsy.. thanks a lot for any info!

No clue, it seems to vary. For me it took a couple of months post secondary to be complete and then a week later I received an II. For some, it has been nothing but silence. And for others, they have heard back relatively quickly. I know that VCOM has a careful screening process, pre- and post- secondary. So just be patient :)

No clue, it seems to vary. For me it took a couple of months post secondary to be complete and then a week later I received an II. For some, it has been nothing but silence. And for others, they have heard back relatively quickly. I know that VCOM has a careful screening process, pre- and post- secondary. So just be patient :)

Thanks a lot for the response! If you don't mind me asking, under Document Status did you have check marks for your LOR's and secondary app for awhile before you were notified as being complete or did you receive an email shortly after these were marked as received? I guess I'm just wondering what the intermediate step is, because your application is "complete" if they've received those things, right?

Sorry for being one of those people, haha.. and thanks for the encouragement

Last edited:
Withdrew my interview for 2/2 here today. Hope it goes to one of you!

Thanks a lot for the response! If you don't mind me asking, under Document Status did you have check marks for your LOR's and secondary app for awhile before you were notified as being complete or did you receive an email shortly after these were marked as received? I guess I'm just wondering what the intermediate step is, because your application is "complete" if they've received those things, right?

I have no idea! I actually never checked on my portal. I just waited for an email from them saying yay or nay. And no problem at all, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

All of my materials had check marks next to them on the portal for one month before I got an e-mail notifying me that I was complete. It was almost one month to the day, if I recall correctly.

All of my materials had check marks next to them on the portal for one month before I got an e-mail notifying me that I was complete. It was almost one month to the day, if I recall correctly.

Ah okay, that answers my question then. I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally figured out why no love from here. No DO letter! I do have a letter from MD on file, but apparently it will not suffice. Good luck to all starting at this wonderful school.

I finally figured out why no love from here. No DO letter! I do have a letter from MD on file, but apparently it will not suffice. Good luck to all starting at this wonderful school.

They will work with you if you don't have a D.O. letter. They actually allow you to interview without one, and only require one if you are given an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user

Yea like he said ^. They actually don't require the letter until before matriculation. You can be interviewed without one. Good luck!

I submitted my secondary 12/24, and got the interview invite this week. Does anyone know if the seats are full for the incoming class. I interviewed at KCOM today and they told me that the seats are full, so if I am accepted I wont know if I have a spot until April or maybe even July. I don't want this to happen at VCOM too. Would they make me take the upper level biology courses before I matriculate?

also my stats are a 27 MCAT 9/9/9 and a 3.70 gpa but I do not know what my science gap is.

I submitted my secondary 12/24, and got the interview invite this week. Does anyone know if the seats are full for the incoming class. I interviewed at KCOM today and they told me that the seats are full, so if I am accepted I wont know if I have a spot until April or maybe even July. I don't want this to happen at VCOM too. Would they make me take the upper level biology courses before I matriculate?

Your best bet about the UL coursework would be to contact VCOM admissions :)

After going through all my interviews, I have noticed that most DO schools have more class hours than MD schools. For example, most MD schools have 3-4 hour days plus a couple hours of lab once or twice a week. While DO schools have 6-7 hours of class everyday. Any specific reason for that? Doesn't that leave less time to study for DO students? And most DO schools have mandatory attendance policy. Thanks guys.

After going through all my interviews, I have noticed that most DO schools have more class hours than MD schools. For example, most MD schools have 3-4 hour days plus a couple hours of lab once or twice a week. While DO schools have 6-7 hours of class everyday. Any specific reason for that? Doesn't that leave less time to study for DO students? And most DO schools have mandatory attendance policy. Thanks guys.

From what I've heard from first and second years here, it is not necessarily 6-7 hr days at VCOM-CC. Here's a link to the block schedule for current students. http://www.vcom.edu/meded/calendars.html Some days you get out of class at 11am, others 2pm. Perhaps you're getting narrowed information from one particular DO school. Not all are 6-7 hr days. However, to kind of answer your question..DO students learn OMM, MD students do not.

does anyone know how late they send interview invites? is there a silent rejection or is it stated if you are no longer able to be considered?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

First year here at VCOM-CC. I don't regularly check this website, but please feel free to message me should you have any specific questions (I check my email, but not this thread online). Best of luck & congrats to all who were accepted thus far!

I have noticed that as well.....some of the MD schools I visited only went like 3 hours a day.... vs VCOM which is about 6 atleast. I'm not sure if this is the reason for the difference but I do know at some of the MD schools that only go to lecture about 2-3 hours, they use alot of computer based learning before coming into the class, and a flipped classroom model. So there is supposed to be less lecture time and more small group/independent learning.

Hey y'all,
I'm a current OMS-I at VCOM-CC! Couldn't imagine myself anywhere else :love:...
If any of you have questions/concerns, about ANYTHING at all - housing, curriculum, schedule, exams, labs, social life, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!
Congrats to all those accepted, and best of luck to you guys still searching for the right match.

~ ✌, , anat ~

Hey y'all,
I'm a current OMS-I at VCOM-CC! Couldn't imagine myself anywhere else :love:...
If any of you have questions/concerns, about ANYTHING at all - housing, curriculum, schedule, exams, labs, social life, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!
Congrats to all those accepted, and best of luck to you guys still searching for the right match.

~ ✌, <3, anat ~

Hey y'all! I got accepted to KCOM last week and need to pay my deposit within two weeks. I interview here tomorrow and am wondering what the turn around time is to find out if I've been accepted or not. I don't want to miss the deadline for KCOM and not get accepted here. Also did anyone else interview here that also interviewed at KCOM and have an opinion on the two?

Hey y'all! I got accepted to KCOM last week and need to pay my deposit within two weeks. I interview here tomorrow and am wondering what the turn around time is to find out if I've been accepted or not. I don't want to miss the deadline for KCOM and not get accepted here. Also did anyone else interview here that also interviewed at KCOM and have an opinion on the two?

Congrats on the acceptance! VCOM lets you know within a week.

Just gave up my acceptance to this school. I hope it goes to one of you guys! It is a good school.

Does anyone know if there are any spots left in the class? or are the interviews for Feb 23,29, and March 1st just for the waitlist?

We really won't know if there are any spots left. You could call somebody in admissions and ask. I did.

Any of yall got the match list for the first graduating class?

Does anyone know if there are any spots left in the class? or are the interviews for Feb 23,29, and March 1st just for the waitlist?

I just got accepted and I interviewed on February 18. They definitely have spots left!

Hey guys, II less than three hours after my secondary was marked complete today. Is this a good sign? Scheduled for 03/08/16.

Hey guys, II less than three hours after my secondary was marked complete today. Is this a good sign? Scheduled for 03/08/16.

I got an II two days after being complete in November. Interviewed a few weeks later and was accepted the day after interviewing.

Submitted my secondary back in SEPTEMBER & I have heard absolutely NOTHING.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I will be withdrawing my acceptance to this school, I hope it goes to one of you guys!

Will be giving up my interview I received for March 15. Hope it goes out to one of you!

Weird question. Anyone else out there who never received a secondary or rejection? Sent my primary in July and nothing since.... Very odd.

Weird question. Anyone else out there who never received a secondary or rejection? Sent my primary in July and nothing since.... Very odd.

Try calling admissions?

Yeah honestly everyone that did not hear something within a few weeks to a few months at the latest should have been emailing or calling. I called and emailed every single school multiple times. Drove them crazy most likely asking about my application, but I got interviews at all but one and acceptances. Put yourself out there if not this year, next.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile