Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
App was received 10/31, secondary given 11/21 (didn't realize it was in spam folder), submitted 11/26, complete 12/5.

Looks like the wait for a ii or otherwise is ~2 weeks? :scared: Any news of anyone being rejected pre-interview yet?

Would like to know that as well!

Members don't see this ad.

do we have to take a drug test when we put down a deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. Ugh, it was a horribly hard decision! I really loved this school. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I also withdrew my acceptance. Great school though. There's a seat waiting for one of you!

secondary submitted ;) hoping for some love from VCOM

Reactions: 1 user
since I heard this school screens pretty heavily, how likely are the chances of an ii?

since I heard this school screens pretty heavily, how likely are the chances of an ii?
Chance for ii is good. It seems like VCOM looks for applicants who genuinely fit their mission. That is why the average MCAT is only 25 with a 4 standard deviation for such a great school.

Chance for ii is good. It seems like VCOM looks for applicants who genuinely fit their mission. That is why the average MCAT is only 25 with a 4 standard deviation for such a great school.
Thanks for the response :) I am looking forward to an ii from them

received complete email ... ball is rolling

received complete email ... ball is rolling

Same here! I imagine the holidays will delay the ii, but does anyone know the typical turnaround time from complete to (possible) ii?

So quick question, I interviewed here last week and was told that they still had space so we were all getting either rejected or accepted but today I got an email that I was wait listed. Has anyone else been waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! I imagine the holidays will delay the ii, but does anyone know the typical turnaround time from complete to (possible) ii?

It only took about a week before I was offered an interview after being complete. I had an interview two weeks after the invite.

It only took about a week before I was offered an interview after being complete. I had an interview two weeks after the invite.
a week to find out would be awesome.. however with the holidays coming up, I do expect a delay.

a week to find out would be awesome.. however with the holidays coming up, I do expect a delay.

I literally just got a call about 15 minutes ago to schedule an interview for Jan 21 or 23...looks like they're making ii calls today! It looks like today is their last day in the office before the holidays (sounds like they'll be back Jan 2-3).

I literally just got a call about 15 minutes ago to schedule an interview for Jan 21 or 23...looks like they're making ii calls today! It looks like today is their last day in the office before the holidays (sounds like they'll be back Jan 2-3).

Fingers crossed for one more early Christmas present before the holiday break!

Did their phone number show up on your phone? I have been getting blocked phone calls and don't answer them because when I answer these calls, it is usually people offering me stupid products... I hope it is not VCOM calling me for an ii... I have been complete for two weeks now.

Did their phone number show up on your phone? I have been getting blocked phone calls and don't answer them because when I answer these calls, it is usually people offering me stupid products... I hope it is not VCOM calling me for an ii... I have been complete for two weeks now.
It showed up when they accepted me yesterday-but I'd be picking up any telemarketer just in case, if I were you.

congrats!. :) when were you complete?

It showed up when they accepted me yesterday-but I'd be picking up any telemarketer just in case, if I were you.

Yep, it showed up and as a South Carolina reference number.

congrats!. :) when were you complete?

I got the confirmation complete email on Nov. 27! So it looks like it was about 3 weeks ago. It makes sense with Thanksgiving and finals so I wouldn't fret too much right now :) GOOD LUCK!

I got the confirmation complete email on Nov. 27! So it looks like it was about 3 weeks ago. It makes sense with Thanksgiving and finals so I wouldn't fret too much right now :) GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for replying! I would also like to know if anyone here received a post-secondary rejection?

Received an ii here for january!! I have heard AMAZING things about this school but I can't seem to find their match list anywhere. Anyone mind posting the link? Super excited to visit :soexcited:

Received an ii here for january!! I have heard AMAZING things about this school but I can't seem to find their match list anywhere. Anyone mind posting the link? Super excited to visit :soexcited:
When were you complete? When did you get the call?

When were you complete? When did you get the call?

I got the call yesterday and I submitted my secondary Dec. 9. I do have pretty high stats for this school though and I meet their mission very well so that might be why I was offered an interview so quick! My friend had to wait around a month before her ii so don't get discouraged.

I got the call yesterday and I submitted my secondary Dec. 9. I do have pretty high stats for this school though and I meet their mission very well so that might be why I was offered an interview so quick! My friend had to wait around a month before her ii so don't get discouraged.
Thanks for replying....

Thank you! ;) looking forward to hearing from them after the holidays

Thanks for replying....
I'm sorry if this seems crass-maybe I'm just an ass...but what kind of name is bestdoctorever. I'm hoping for a good story that puts my question to shame.

I'm sorry if this seems crass-maybe I'm just an ass...but what kind of name is bestdoctorever. I'm hoping for a good story that puts my question to shame.
No story behind it! Just a username that I pulled out of a thin air..Lol.

Hello,
I am considering applying to this school in the future (not this application cycle) and I am wondering about the average age of students. On the site, it states that the average age is 24. I know this is a thread for the most recently accepted/and applicants for next cycle, but would you say the school really is mid-20s heavy? How about the current acceptances/applicants? Would you feel that your interview group was mid-20s heavy? I'm not really that old (as my username implies) but I just would like to know if this is a school that is more friendly to applicants closer to traditional age or if there's a good mix of "older" applicants and current students. Thanks! :)

Hello,
I am considering applying to this school in the future (not this application cycle) and I am wondering about the average age of students. On the site, it states that the average age is 24. I know this is a thread for the most recently accepted/and applicants for next cycle, but would you say the school really is mid-20s heavy? How about the current acceptances/applicants? Would you feel that your interview group was mid-20s heavy? I'm not really that old (as my username implies) but I just would like to know if this is a school that is more friendly to applicants closer to traditional age or if there's a good mix of "older" applicants and current students. Thanks! :)
During my interview I was pleasantly surprised by how many non-trads were in my group... It was a nice mix. Probably the best mix of all the interviews I had to be honest. Made me feel much more comfortable as a non-trad myself.

Hello,
I did not interview here but I did interview at 3 DO schools and I truly felt like they were all very non-traditional friendly.

Accepted December 4 and recently submitted $1500 deposit! Anyone know if there is a FB group for CC class of 2018?

Accepted December 4 and recently submitted $1500 deposit! Anyone know if there is a FB group for CC class of 2018?

It's https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410834475800221/

NCOldie- I have met several people there who are over the average age. When I start at VCOM-CC in the fall I will be turning 29. I have also heard from the admissions staff and current students several women have had children while there, and in each class (OMS 1, 2, and 3). It seems like a place that is pretty diverse and tolerant when it comes to which stage of life you are in.

Thank you so much, everyone! I appreciate your responses. :)

It's https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410834475800221/

NCOldie- I have met several people there who are over the average age. When I start at VCOM-CC in the fall I will be turning 29. I have also heard from the admissions staff and current students several women have had children while there, and in each class (OMS 1, 2, and 3). It seems like a place that is pretty diverse and tolerant when it comes to which stage of life you are in.

Thanks for the link, excited to be accepted into VCOM! Great and friendly atmosphere and also seems like a good fit.

I just declined my offer of acceptance. I hope one of you will get that seat!

Interviewed 10/12 and accepted 11/12. Deferred until class of 2018.
My Overall GPA was 3.52, Science 3.6, MCAT 20,23,23.
Tennessee Resident.
Biology degree. Had a year of ER scribe experience and year of Cardiology MA experience (going on 2 years now).

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.
What was the deferment process like last year and what were your reasons? I can't find any information about it in the handbook. Thanks for your help!

does anyone know how full the class is this far in the cycle?...

Anyone waiting for an interview hear anything since the start of 2014? I submitted my secondary Dec 23, so figured there would be a slight delay with the holidays.. Anyone know a rough kind of time scale we might expect when waiting to hear back from VCOM?

This is my 1st choice school and the wait is so painful!

Anyone waiting for an interview hear anything since the start of 2014? I submitted my secondary Dec 23, so figured there would be a slight delay with the holidays.. Anyone know a rough kind of time scale we might expect when waiting to hear back from VCOM?

This is my 1st choice school and the wait is so painful!
I do not think they have given out any interview since 2014 started... I submitted my secondary since 12/17 and I am still waiting to hear back for an interview. The wait is painful!... I hope we hear something this coming week.

Is the class of 2018 full yet? Submitted my secondary a few days ago...

Is the class of 2018 full yet? Submitted my secondary a few days ago...

How long ago did you get the invite to fill out the secondary?

My guess would be that it's not full yet if you got the invite recently. They seem to be a very fair school, and not one that just sends out secondary requests to make a few bucks.... It even mentions on their website that they pre-screen so that students don't waste their time or money. Can't get much fairer than that!

These are just my thoughts!

Good kuck!

Reactions: 1 users
How long ago did you get the invite to fill out the secondary?

My guess would be that it's not full yet if you got the invite recently. They seem to be a very fair school, and not one that just sends out secondary requests to make a few bucks.... It even mentions on their website that they pre-screen so that students don't waste their time or money. Can't get much fairer than that!

These are just my thoughts!

Good kuck!

I submitted Jan 10th and got it Jan 09th. thanks for the input!

Hi all, can any one tell me whats their curriculum like? System based or problem based?

Not heard anything this week so far!... :arghh: The agony...
ugh.. I know :cryi:... Nothing we can do but wait.. oh and keep busy otherwise the wait drives you nuts!

ugh.. I know :cryi:... Nothing we can do but wait.. oh and keep busy otherwise the wait drives you nuts!
Yep... It has been about 45 days since I got a complete email and I have not heard a peep after that.

Yep... It has been about 45 days since I got a complete email and I have not heard a peep after that.
sorry to hear that. I have not heard of them giving out interviews recently. (well, im basing that off sdn, im sure there are applicants that are not on here)..