Edward Via COM - Virginia Campus (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what GPA they screen for? It's been a month and a half since I got the email saying the received my primary. Should I just give up hope? :(

They check for 3.2 for both cGPA and sGPA for the last 120 hours. I would call or email and ask them if you meet the minimum requirements.

Members don't see this ad.

I just think comments like your previous one attract so much negativity on here... this is supposed to be a supportive community, or so I thought. Just don't be the person who discourages anyone to apply - if I listened to you or most of the comments on here I would not have applied. I don't anticipate dropping out or failing any board exams. Just do you and imma do me.
Numbers aren't everything! That being said, if you're an underdog - doubting just comes with the territory. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I initially only added VCOM-VA when I submitted my primary with AACOMAS. I just recently added Carolina and Auburn.

Do I only fill out one secondary with campus preference? Or will I get secondaries from Carolina and Auburn as well? Thanks.

So I initially only added VCOM-VA when I submitted my primary with AACOMAS. I just recently added Carolina and Auburn.

Do I only fill out one secondary with campus preference? Or will I get secondaries from Carolina and Auburn as well? Thanks.

You will need to rank all of them on one application on the preference section (top of the application). One secondary covers all 3 campuses.

I submitted my primary early July and have yet to receive a secondary. I guess if they don't want me, I'd prefer not to pay a secondary fee. But I'd like to know sooner rather than later what they think of my primary app...
There's a few of us that haven't gotten them yet for some apparent reason. I emailed them and they said my primary is still in "review" for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary several weeks ago (late July). Still no secondary from any of the campuses. Could someone give me the admission staff email? Thanks.

I submitted my primary early July and have yet to receive a secondary. I guess if they don't want me, I'd prefer not to pay a secondary fee. But I'd like to know sooner rather than later what they think of my primary app...

What state are you from?

I called them because it has been about 6 weeks since they sent me the "review" email after getting my primary app. They told me due to their regionally based mission, they first focus on those from around the Appalachian region then move their way out as time goes on. I'm from the west coast so I figure it's going to be a much longer wait than someone from the east coast. I may or may not fill out their secondary if I already have an acceptance by the time they send me one.

II ! Just saw the interview tab sitting on the portal lol. OOS. Complete 7/14

Reactions: 5 users
How do you access the portal? Same as for the secondary?

Also, I never got a complete email, but on the secondary portal it shows my date of submission--is that normal?

edit: i just checked my email when i initially recieved the secondary, and it said i would recieve a complete email after i did my secondary but never did--any similar situation?

edit 2: i guess i my file is not yet "complete" but my secondary was for sure submitted.

Last edited:
How do you access the portal? Same as for the secondary?

Also, I never got a complete email, but on the secondary portal it shows my date of submission--is that normal?

edit: i just checked my email when i initially recieved the secondary, and it said i would recieve a complete email after i did my secondary but never did--any similar situation?

Same here. Received a secondary complete email but not complete application email

Just got my App Complete email

So I have been "secondary invite pending MCAT" since July 7th. I submitted my secondaries July 10th, paid via mail, and have heard nothing else from the school.

My MCAT has been part of my app for three weeks now (there was an issue with my score report), is there anything I should do? It literally seems like VCOM is dragging their feet with this. People are getting IIs and I'm not even seen as "complete" yet by the school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So I have been "secondary invite pending MCAT" since July 7th. I submitted my secondaries July 10th, paid via mail, and have heard nothing else from the school.

My MCAT has been part of my app for three weeks now (there was an issue with my score report), is there anything I should do? It literally seems like VCOM is dragging their feet with this. People are getting IIs and I'm not even seen as "complete" yet by the school.

I haven't received a complete email yet either. I emailed them and they said I m still under review for completeness. Submitted secondary July 5th. I guess they just take a while.

I submitted my primary application almost 2 months ago and still no secondary. I emailed them and they said that I am still under review. I don't understand the benefit of applying early when I still haven't received a secondary in months but some people received them the next day and now have II.

They seem to have been working quick with my applications..I wonder why it is so different for everyone. Got secondary literally the morning after I was verified, submitted and received an incomplete email a day later, then a quick "we have everything now" email a few days after I submitted my LOR. The portal isn't updating though. Was everyone else's email confirming a completed app written like a quick note or like an official email?

Reactions: 1 user
They seem to have been working quick with my applications..I wonder why it is so different for everyone. Got secondary literally the morning after I was verified, submitted and received an incomplete email a day later, then a quick "we have everything now" email a few days after I submitted my LOR. The portal isn't updating though. Was everyone else's email confirming a completed app written like a quick note or like an official email?

They have my complete app, but told me I'm still under review for completeness. they haven't updated my status in almost two months. For two months? Really? I'm getting frustrated with this school. If they wasn't such a good program I would have given up by now.

Reactions: 1 users

I think its suppose to be like an official email and it mentions about when interview invites will start... Its definitely taking forever for some of us to receive that complete email

I think its suppose to be like an official email and it mentions about when interview invites will start... Its definitely taking forever for some of us to receive that complete email

I mean I get it that this is a time consuming process for admissions, but it isn't right to keep us all hanging like this. I mean the least the could do is send a formal email saying that my secondary and payment was recieved. If I get into LMU after my interview this week, then I will seriously consider pulling my app from VCOM and start holding out for KYCOM, CUSOM and WVSOM. I submitted all of those secondaries more recently than VCOM and they all have me listed as completed or at least confirmed that my secondary and payment were received.

To anyone that is a current student or a re-applicant, was it this bad last year?

I mean I get it that this is a time consuming process for admissions, but it isn't right to keep us all hanging like this. I mean the least the could do is send a formal email saying that my secondary and payment was recieved. If I get into LMU after my interview this week, then I will seriously consider pulling my app from VCOM and start holding out for KYCOM, CUSOM and WVSOM. I submitted all of those secondaries more recently than VCOM and they all have me listed as completed or at least confirmed that my secondary and payment were received.

To anyone that is a current student or a re-applicant, was it this bad last year?

Yeah I agree with you. I did receive a notification from them that my secondary was received. I m really surprised they haven't sent that to you either. Hoping it comes soon. Good luck with your interview at LMU!

Yeah I agree with you. I did receive a notification from them that my secondary was received. I m really surprised they haven't sent that to you either. Hoping it comes soon. Good luck with your interview at LMU!

I'm still stuck at "secondary invite pending MCAT". I got my scores back mid July... I really like this school, but they are making it very difficult for me to want to deal with them.

i just submitted my secondary. where do you guys see your statuses? when i log in all i see is my secondary application

i just submitted my secondary. where do you guys see your statuses? when i log in all i see is my secondary application

The VCOM.Vcamp link.

However, they are dragging their feet, so don't expect anything for a while.

I'd give it some time. VCOM gets a lot of apps since they have three school. They are growing a lot. I am not sure how they do it but it would seem most people with the higher scores and statement matching their mission gets the secondary first. I would feel free to call and inquire or email. I did it multiple times.

I submitted my secondary at the end of July and received a complete email a couple of days ago. I don't know if there's any system there, I guess they just get a lot of applications. In the email it said that they will start interviewing non early decision applicants in October so I think we can all relax a little :) no need to stress if we're not going to be interviewed within the next month anyways. Hope this helps!

Submitted my App a few weeks ago, got the secondary two days later. Now everything is submitted the long wait for interview invite or rejection begins. :)

If we interview at one of the campuses can we choose to go to another campus if accepted?

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Hey guys,
I submitted my AACOMAS preliminaries on 8/14 but I still havent heard anything for the secondary from VCOM.. Should I be worried?
I am a Canadian applicant btw

Hey guys,
I submitted my AACOMAS preliminaries on 8/14 but I still havent heard anything for the secondary from VCOM.. Should I be worried?
I am a Canadian applicant btw

I think you are fine. VCOM screens before sending out secondaries so it may take a while before you get one from them.

New to the thread. Quick question, I finished the secondary yesterday and when I hit submit it just goes back to the original secondary page with everything filled out. Should I assume it went through? I havent gotten an email saying it was received so Im not sure.

New to the thread. Quick question, I finished the secondary yesterday and when I hit submit it just goes back to the original secondary page with everything filled out. Should I assume it went through? I havent gotten an email saying it was received so Im not sure.
Yeah, you'll get an email in a couple days for supplement received.

Last year there was an issue where some applicants' secondaries were "lost" in their system. If you don't get a confirmation email shortly, it's totally appropriate to contact the admissions office and verify receipt :)

Last year there was an issue where some applicants' secondaries were "lost" in their system. If you don't get a confirmation email shortly, it's totally appropriate to contact the admissions office and verify receipt :)
Actually got the email today but thanks!