Edward Via - Virginia (VCOM-VC) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my secondary. My application was received on October 31st. I hope they dont take that long to answer the secondary. How long has it taken you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know how long it takes to receive a secondary? My primary app was sent out on Nov. 14th. Did I get screened out or something? I have a 29 mcat 3.68c/3.72s.

Did you ever get a secondary? It took them more than 3 weeks to send me one, and that was after I called them a couple of times.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I didn't get a secondary . =/

Check yours spam. I have mine sitting in there since the 21st. They send me another email to remind me to check the spam and that I have been invited to submit a secondary. Good luck.

Just turned in my secondary. I know its kinda late. But can any one tell me what the turn around time? How long it will take get an answer? And when are they interviewing for now?

Just turned in my secondary. I know its kinda late. But can any one tell me what the turn around time? How long it will take get an answer? And when are they interviewing for now?

It was exactly 2 weeks until I heard back after submitting my secondary. I submitted on 11/4, so I was a little on the late side as well.

Wow thats not terribly bad, So i should hope to hear some time early December. Good luck on your interview, keep us posted.
Yeah, I was very pleased with the turn around time. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone here who got rejected post secondary (no ii)?

I am in for VCOM with 3.15/3.35 c/sGPAs and aiming for 28+ mcat...What's the minimum mcat should I get so I can be competitive for VCOM?

I got a 3.1 cGPA and a 3.2 sGPA with a 29 MCAT and still got a secondary application. That was 3 weeks ago but I have not heard anything from them yet. I did lots of EC's and Volunteering. So, it looks like 3.2 cutoff was not actually definitive.

I've been complete since 11/6 with competitive stats and no ii. I'll give them a call I guess. :(

Same here ! I was complete with my secondary in August and no word from VCOM since then. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not from an Appalachian state. I have a second deposit due at a school I accepted due in march so I hope I hear by then.

Still waiting an entire month for a secondary. >.>

Still waiting an entire month for a secondary. >.>
Samesies. I was told that they were going to wait to send a secondary until my fall quarter grades/updated aacomas arrived. I got straight A's so I am assuming they would send one if they said they were waiting but it has been a total of a month and a half since I have been waiting. Did you email Whitney?

Samesies. I was told that they were going to wait to send a secondary until my fall quarter grades/updated aacomas arrived. I got straight A's so I am assuming they would send one if they said they were waiting but it has been a total of a month and a half since I have been waiting. Did you email Whitney?

I haven't emailed them, that being said I would find it pretentious if they decided to wait till I send in my fall transcript especially given that I genuinely could fail all my classes and still be above their minimal requirements...

Wow! They sent me a secondary in the exact timeline they said (two weeks) they would even if my stats were not so hot (almost mid 20s mcat). I am not from the Appalachian region. It seems like this school is very mission specific.

Last edited:
I haven't emailed them, that being said I would find it pretentious if they decided to wait till I send in my fall transcript especially given that I genuinely could fail all my classes and still be above their minimal requirements...
There is a good chance they could just be slow/understaffed/overwhelmed with apps. Not that SDN should be the primary gauge of how admissions at VCOM-VC works but it seems a little dead on this thread so maybe their admission cycle goes on pretty long. Oh well...hope for the best.

How does VCOM respond to Letter of Intents, as in, is it appropriate before any status update or am i just a little too ahead of myself. I want to say that I completed the application, called and confirmed it was complete the first week of October. However, I only got the "complete" email the last week of October (25th). Now that it's been a month, and I know it's taking some people 3 months, can I send a letter of Intent? Would it be too soon/should I wait to at least get on hold first?
I sent VCOM a letter of intent, but it was when I was placed on the wait list. They did place it in my file, and it did allow them to really get to know my name. I don't know when it will be an appropriate time to send one in, but if you are really set on VCOM you should go for it.

Do you guys know if the letters of recommendation that are sent via Interfolio once go to both VCOMs? I had them sent it today, but it says it went to Virginia, and if I try to send them again to the Carolina campus, I only see the Virginia option again.

ACCEPTED JUST NOW! Interviewed 12/3, super excited, I absolutely loved this school.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED JUST NOW! Interviewed 12/3, super excited, I absolutely loved this school.

Congratss!!! Do you think you can share your stats and when you sent your secondary app pleasee!!! Thanksss.

Congratss!!! Do you think you can share your stats and when you sent your secondary app pleasee!!! Thanksss.

Absolutely! cGPA: 3.4, sGPA: 3.7, MCAT: 27, LOR from MD and DO, fair ECs, ED scribe, lots of research experience
I submitted my secondary on 11/4 and got the II on 11/18.

II this morning for 12/17! Received notification of completion on 9/17 (sent secondary 8/31).
sGPA: 4.0
cGPA: 3.99
MCAT: 25S

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely! cGPA: 3.4, sGPA: 3.7, MCAT: 27, LOR from MD and DO, fair ECs, ED scribe, lots of research experience
I submitted my secondary on 11/4 and got the II on 11/18.
Nice...!!! Did they call you or do they send you an email. Thankss.

Besides the fact that the Virginia campus is older and more established, are there any advantages of attending the Virginia Campus over the Carolinas Campus? Any input would be appreciated!

I just withdrew my acceptance here today. It seems like a good program and Blacksburg is a cool town, but I got into my top choice school. Good luck to the rest of you!

Hey there interview day buddy! Congrats on the acceptance! I am fortunate enough to have one too :)

Anyone still waiting on a secondary from here? I got an email at the end of october that they were waiting on my quarter grades and a revised aacomas app to determine my secondary status. My revised aacomas was sent a month ago and still haven't heard anything.

Has anyone heard from them yesterday or today? They said they were going to try to catch up on admissions decisions (specifically from the December 17 interview), but I haven't heard anything yet and nobody's posting. It's making me so nervous!

Has anyone heard from them yesterday or today? They said they were going to try to catch up on admissions decisions (specifically from the December 17 interview), but I haven't heard anything yet and nobody's posting. It's making me so nervous!

I got wait listed. :( got the call a few minutes ago.

I got wait listed. :( got the call a few minutes ago.

Aww, sorry to hear that! :( I was waitlisted at LECOM and I know the feeling. It's annoying to receive that news at first, but keep in mind that waitlisted is really just another way of saying that you're perfectly qualified and still have a definite chance of matriculating. Plus, I've heard that their waitlist is ranked and some waitlisters are even offered early acceptance for the following year! I'll be rooting for you!

Aww, sorry to hear that! :( I was waitlisted at LECOM and I know the feeling. It's annoying to receive that news at first, but keep in mind that waitlisted is really just another way of saying that you're perfectly qualified and still have a definite chance of matriculating. Plus, I've heard that their waitlist is ranked and some waitlisters are even offered early acceptance for the following year! I'll be rooting for you!
Aw thanks! I'm sitting on another acceptance but VCOM is ahead of that choice so I was really hoping for a yes but that's okay. I'm hoping for an acceptance from the wait list in January!

Meanwhile, I've yet to hear anything at all, so as you can imagine, I'm hyperventilating and having frequent heart palpitations. -_-

Meanwhile, I've yet to hear anything at all, so as you can imagine, I'm hyperventilating and having frequent heart palpitations. -_-
Ahhh no worries! I'm sure you'll hear soon. They're probably going through wait list first and waiting to call you with an acceptance! Sending good vibes your way!!

I know! Same here! I spoke with Julie briefly on the phone about it and she was so, so sweet. She sounded optimistic and almost made it sound like those of us who were waitlisted were so only because of a space issue and nothing else, which is sort of comforting. What an exhausting process all of this is.