Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
yeep!! if you only have MACT and GPA you're not going to make it here.

Reactions: 1 user
I would be thrilled and honored to interview here. I am actually taking a Cadaver Anatomy class using the book that one of KCU's associate anatomy professors wrote himself. It is incredible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected post-secondary. 3.4cpga, 3.3sgpa and 25 MCAT

Just now? When were you complete?
Uh I think like two weeks ago. Yea just got the email. Couldn't even call the school to see what part of my application hurt my chances.

I would send an email to ask. Sorry to hear that.

Don't be discouraged, have faith. Did you apply broadly?

Yea and I'm retaking my MCAT on Sept 10th so hopefully that will help me

You will be fine as long as you keep moving forward.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today marks 4 weeks for those of us complete 8/2 what is the think to do? Call,email? Thanks

I submitted my primary on 8/11 and haven't heard anything since the "your application is under review and you will hear from us in 2 weeks". Never got the secondary. Should I send them an email, or just keep waiting?

Oh haha then yes you do. I would just shoot admissions an email!
Will do. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming off as annoying by emailing them. I'm really bad at this whole waiting thing haha.

I'm on the waiting boat as well. Completed email 8/2 and still nothing. 3.39cgpa/3.55sgpa and 515 mcat. I wonder if I was put on hold and not emailed about my status. I will wait out the week and email them first thing Monday next week.

I'm on the waiting boat as well. Completed email 8/2 and still nothing. 3.39cgpa/3.55sgpa and 515 mcat. I wonder if I was put on hold and not emailed about my status. I will wait out the week and email them first thing Monday next week.
Hmm well in that case maybe they just haven't been sending them out because they're busy. I guess I'll keep waiting as well haha

Hmm well in that case maybe they just haven't been sending them out because they're busy. I guess I'll keep waiting as well haha
Yeah I'd suggest waiting. It does state in the email that it can take "up to 4 weeks," which would be Sept 2nd in my case.

Don't be afraid to call admissions. They are very nice and will provide any information they are able. Even if it is the day of your 4 week wait, I say call. The worst that can happen is they aren't able to tell anything more than you are in a holding pattern. You may learn you will be hearing a decision soon though and they will provide as specific an estimate as possible with the information they have!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I'd suggest waiting. It does state in the email that it can take "up to 4 weeks," which would be Sept 2nd in my case.
Mine said up to two weeks which is why I was concerned haha

"Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks....." But yea I'm sure I'm being neurotic and I'll just keep waiting.

Mine said up to two weeks which is why I was concerned haha

"Your application has been sent for further review. This process can take up to 2 weeks....." But yea I'm sure I'm being neurotic and I'll just keep waiting.
Was this an email after the four week email?

Just got this:

Good Afternoon

You should have recently received communication from our office concerning your application and the review process. We have had a large pool of qualified applicants this year, and want to give your application a thorough review. While it is taking longer than anticipated, we appreciate your patience with the process. As soon as your application has been reviewed, further communication will be sent to you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email. Thank you and have a great holiday weekend!

Reactions: 2 users
^Received the same e-mail. Complete date: 8/11.

Just got this:

Good Afternoon

You should have recently received communication from our office concerning your application and the review process. We have had a large pool of qualified applicants this year, and want to give your application a thorough review. While it is taking longer than anticipated, we appreciate your patience with the process. As soon as your application has been reviewed, further communication will be sent to you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email. Thank you and have a great holiday weekend!

I just got that also. Except I haven't received anything from them since I finished my app and was marked complete on 8/8. Wtf? This has happened to me with the UToledo also so now I'm paranoid. They have sent me twice emails saying disregard the email you just got when I never recieved an email from them.

lol!!! This process is so mysterious and exciting... I didn't receive that email yet

So I definitely was being neurotic, just got the secondary!

Class act administration! I emailed them regarding my rejection and they explained their thought process while going through my application. The admissions member made very solid points about my application that I didn't even realize that I could work on. I have no problem being transparent so here goes: I have a 3.42 cgpa, 3.3 sgpa and a 25 MCAT. My grades are all near their minimum and they felt that if I was mediocore in one area (gpa), I should be stellar in another (MCAT) or vice versa. Also, I have alot of shadowing and volunteer experience but none that DIRECTLY impact the community around me. I never even thought of this since as pre-meds we are drilled to think about getting shadowing hours. I think this a very great point and one that I really want to work on. I respect their decision whole heartedly and wish the best of luck to the rest of you applying!

Reactions: 3 users
Speaking of ethics and current events, I have a few sources for brushing up on ethic cases, but where could I brush up on current medical events? Excited for my interview here at the end of the month and hoping September goes by quickly!

I tend to listen to NPR on my way to and from work, and I've noticed that they report on a bunch of topics, including health and ethics. They're not perfect (like all media sources), but I feel like they normally do a decent job of hearing both sides of the story. I know that the app can be filtered for health news, and they have a variety of podcasts that are interesting (Hidden Brain is a good social science research program)! The best part is that you can live stream the radio on your phone, and even find recorded portions of the program if you miss parts. Just my suggestion! I'll probably end up looking at a few other sources as well. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Darn I won't be there that day, we could have made it 3/3! Will you still attend if you're admitted to MSUCOM?

Congrats! When will you be there? If I get MSUCOM I'll cancel all remaining interviews. Even if it is to be a Spartan ;) what about you?

Congrats! When will you be there? If I get MSUCOM I'll cancel all remaining interviews. Even if it is to be a Spartan ;) what about you?

As much as I would love to see and experience KCU, I will cancel all my interviews too. I was going to be on the 27th but it doesn't work for my exams. I am hoping to be admitted to MSU before I have to worry about moving it lol :)

As much as I would love to see and experience KCU, I will cancel all my interviews too. I was going to be on the 27th but it doesn't work for my exams. I am hoping to be admitted to MSU before I have to worry about moving it lol :)

Are you allowed to apply to MSUCOM and MSUCHM? Are the admissions stats about the same?

II! This is such a great school, I'm excited for a shot here!
Complete 8/2
Lizzy M: ~65

Reactions: 1 users