Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I get an invite, I'm going to get a tie that has the school's colors.

We love purple!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Random question... Is anyone else able to access/ edit the secondary application like you haven't submitted it yet? When I open the review page it gives me the option to submit the application again. I received the "complete and in review" email from them on Aug 2, but I just want to make sure there's not something funny going on with my application. I also used to have a "withdraw application" tab on the portal homepage, but that disappeared too. Anyone else have these changes?

Yeah I have the same thing and I got the complete email too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys,

Under the education section on the secondary. Where it asks if your education has been continuous? What do they exactly mean? Do they mean any interruptions before I graduated from my undergraduate institution or are they asking for the year off I took after graduating from school because I graduated a year early?

Guys,

Under the education section on the secondary. Where it asks if your education has been continuous? What do they exactly mean? Do they mean any interruptions before I graduated from my undergraduate institution or are they asking for the year off I took after graduating from school because I graduated a year early?

I think they mean both before and after graduation.

Did anyone get a complete email? I submitted a week ago and only received the receipt for my payment

Did anyone get a complete email? I submitted a week ago and only received the receipt for my payment

Yeah I got one maybe about a week after I submitted, they've probably got the apps piling in right now but you will get one at some point soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

I submitted a while ago - no complete email here, I got a receipt as well, but they should have my letters. Strange but I think it is normal.

I submitted a while ago - no complete email here, I got a receipt as well, but they should have my letters. Strange but I think it is normal.

I actually did get a complete email.
ImageUploadedBySDN1470940902.149616.jpg

I might double check that all the letters are in and meet criteria, or give the school a call and ask! Best of luck!

Do they send pre secondary rejection emails? I added kcu around last week after I had already submitted my app. I got their email saying "we hope your journey starts here" or whatever but nothing after that.

My sgpa is 3.19 (lower than their 3.25 cutoff) but I read in last years thread it's not a hard screen.

Do they send pre secondary rejection emails? I added kcu around last week after I had already submitted my app. I got their email saying "we hope your journey starts here" or whatever but nothing after that.

My sgpa is 3.19 (lower than their 3.25 cutoff) but I read in last years thread it's not a hard screen.

They do pre screen and from what I've seen the past cycle it's a hard screen.

From what I recall, the requirements for a secondary was a 1) 3.25 sGPA 2) 3.35 cGPA and 3) 24 MCAT with an 8 in each section (or whatever the equivalent that is on the new thing).

Now let's say you have everything except one subsection on your Mcat is a 7. If the other areas like your gpa, other Mcat subsections, as well the total score, this will be considered in terms of giving you the secondary.

This information of course may have changed (there's always different goals within the admissions team) since then but I doubt it's gotten more lenient.

My cGPA was 3.23 and my sGPA was 3.25 and I received a secondary. However, I emailed them and asked the admissions staff what they thought about my situation and they encouraged me to apply.

Hey just a quick question for everyone who has received a completed email. I received mine a couple of weeks ago, but when I login to the secondary application website, I see no "completed" status or anything like that, just the secondary application I submitted with the "submit" button still usable, is everyone else' application like this too?

I have a 3.2c / 3.1s and I received a secondary...

Hey just a quick question for everyone who has received a completed email. I received mine a couple of weeks ago, but when I login to the secondary application website, I see no "completed" status or anything like that, just the secondary application I submitted with the "submit" button still usable, is everyone else' application like this too?

Mine is like that. I think I remember someone else mentioning that the submit button was still appears active after they received the complete email too.

Got the complete email! Maybe I should just not be neurotic

just received an II!
received secondary 7/26, submitted secondary 7/27, and complete 8/2.
but the portal hasn't updated to reflect an interview scheduling tab per email instructions..

Reactions: 6 users
just received an II!
but the portal hasn't updated to reflect an interview scheduling tab per email instructions..

Same here. No interview tab :/

II! Very excited. Complete 07/28. No interview tab either.

Congrats everyone! If any of y'all wouldn't mind sharing stats, I'd really appreciate it :)

just received an II!

just scheduled for 9/23 at 10am!
surprised they offer both an 8am and a 10am session, but I only saw 10am sessions available in my portal.
super excited. good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I have now received the complete email 4 times lol. Maybe I should complain I haven't gotten an II yet here, maybe they'll send me an II email 4 times :D

Congrats everyone! If any of y'all wouldn't mind sharing stats, I'd really appreciate it :)

thank you! OOS, nontrad, 504 MCAT, 3.7 sGPA, 3.4 cGPA.

Reactions: 2 users
just scheduled for 9/23 at 10am!
surprised they offer both an 8am and a 10am session, but I only saw 10am sessions available in my portal.
super excited. good luck everyone!
Same here. Did you get a confirmation email yet? I haven't gotten one.

Complete email received just now (8/11). I submitted the secondary on 8/8. Looks like they are gearing up the process! BTW I received 3 back to back complete emails :p

II too! Anyone going on 09/30? cGPA 3.41/508 Completed on 8/2.

What was the turn around from submitting to getting the secondary? I was verified yesterday and just got the "we hope your education continues with KCU" email today.

II

Scheduled for 9/13

Application complete 8/2

II complete 8/2

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Huge congrats, everyone! Do you mind posting when you submitted the secondary as well? I was complete 8/2, but I haven't heard anything yet. I submitted 7/31. My stats may be a stretch for this school though (or any other school for that matter).

Submitted 7/26

What are your stats?

II here yesterday! I submitted my secondary on 07/26, got the complete email 08/08. Stats: 3.56 cGPA, 3.44 sGPA, 516 MCAT. So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
Has any one who signed up for an interview received a confirmation email?

Last edited:
I have a 67.5 lizzy m and have ZERO interviews.....going to ***
Same.. I am now wondering if there is like a typo on my personal statement or something that is getting my app burned lol