Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM-Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crappy sandwiches, bag of chips, and soda.

nooooooo_elf.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
seeing all of these waitlisted is making me nervous :/
I interviewed 8/11 and it was a good experience, small campus, nice weather, staff was friendly and welcoming (aside from the doorman, lol am I right?) and I felt I made a positive impression during the group interview. very relaxed feel and normal questions, pretty conversational which was nice. It makes me nervous tho because I met "deadleopard" and he is a nice kid with good numbers, and I expectedd him to get in forsure. We'll see what happens when I call in tomorrow.. :/

How many people are in the group interview?

seeing all of these waitlisted is making me nervous :/
I interviewed 8/11 and it was a good experience, small campus, nice weather, staff was friendly and welcoming (aside from the doorman, lol am I right?) and I felt I made a positive impression during the group interview. very relaxed feel and normal questions, pretty conversational which was nice. It makes me nervous tho because I met "deadleopard" and he is a nice kid with good numbers, and I expectedd him to get in forsure. We'll see what happens when I call in tomorrow.. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
the above post: "seeing all of these waitlisted is making me nervous :/
I interviewed 8/11 and it was a good experience, small campus, nice weather, staff was friendly and welcoming (aside from the doorman, lol am I right?) and I felt I made a positive impression during the group interview. very relaxed feel and normal questions, pretty conversational which was nice. It makes me nervous tho because I met "deadleopard" and he is a nice kid with good numbers, and I expectedd him to get in forsure. We'll see what happens when I call in tomorrow.. :/"

is from me, sorry I was on my girlfriends computer and her sdn was logged in.. but there were 23 students in the group, yes I counted lol

the above post: "seeing all of these waitlisted is making me nervous :/
I interviewed 8/11 and it was a good experience, small campus, nice weather, staff was friendly and welcoming (aside from the doorman, lol am I right?) and I felt I made a positive impression during the group interview. very relaxed feel and normal questions, pretty conversational which was nice. It makes me nervous tho because I met "deadleopard" and he is a nice kid with good numbers, and I expectedd him to get in forsure. We'll see what happens when I call in tomorrow.. :/"

is from me, sorry I was on my girlfriends computer and her sdn was logged in.. but there were 23 students in the group, yes I counted lol

I've never been in a group interview like that before. Is it one of those where everyone goes around and introduces/talks about themselves or are you largely interacting with the interviewer the whole time, albeit in a group setting?

No it was more like they asked us a question and we would each take turns to answer, after which they would ask us a new question. I think it takes a way from a more personal interview because after you answer, someone else begins to answer, as opposed to having immediate feedback/conversation with the interviewer. The plus is that it takes some of the pressure off of each candidate. A con I would say is that, just speaking from my group alone, it's a bit challenging to know who "stood out" among the rest at the end of it all, and I'm not quite sure what separated one candidate from the other.

the suspense is killing me! I've called twice to find out about my application, and both times I get transferred to Annette Shively, and I get her answering machine. I left her a message but I think I will try again anyways in another 15 mins or so :confused:

the suspense is killing me! I've called twice to find out about my application, and both times I get transferred to Annette Shively, and I get her answering machine. I left her a message but I think I will try again anyways in another 15 mins or so :confused:

Call Ron he's who told me

yah, I think I shared them before on this thread but probly a while ago: 3.7 gpa (3.85 last 2 years upper division bio at sdsu), 29MCAT (8VR 10 Bio 11PS), worked to fund my education at SDSU, typical volunteer exposure, some research experience (only as a volunteer tho). I had an awesome time in Florida and I feel honored to be accepted into a school that has achieved excellence on their boards in recent years, also got good vibes from students and faculty alike. If anyone has some pre-interview nerves PM me and I'll give any advice I have!!

Does Bradenton allow you to find out a few days after your interview? I thought the earliest you could find out was through early decision, and even that is about a month or so away.

I think their committee meets every Tuesday (or sometimes every other Tuesday) and depending on the date your interview falls you can hear back the next day (when you call in, my portal said a decision has been made then I called in). I think they are holding interviews every Monday

ps I appreciate all the love in the form of "likes" on my acceptance post. It's nice to know were all pulling for each other!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just booked a hotel for the interview for the nights of August 28 and August 29. It has two beds, so if anyone is looking for a hotel / interested in sharing the cost feel free to PM me.
Staying at the first hotel on the list the provided 8/28 and 8/29

Holiday Inn
Lakewood Ranch Rates (85/night) includes complimentary cooked to order breakfast and Shuttle Service to and from LECOM

Best of luck to everyone interviewing!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a female to share a hotel with the night of August 28th. Let me know if you're interested!

Just got an II for September 22nd! stoked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone I'm coming in for an interview for the 22nd, I'm flying in early on the 21st. Any suggestions on what to do or good places to eat?

Best places nearby IMO:

Beach/Shopping: St. Armand Circle. Another great beach area is Siesta Key
Eats: Tarpon point- outdoor tiki bar type of place with cornhole etc
Closest to LECOM- main street lakewood ranch- a few shops, restaurants, and movie theatre
Other places to check out if you have more time- downtown St. Pete by the waterfront, mediera beach, downtown tampa

Anyone looking into the October interview dates?! Any recommendations/suggestions for where to stay at for those of you who already finished the interview?
I am thinking of car rental from Tampa airport, has anyone done that? Thanks guys!

Anyone looking into the October interview dates?! Any recommendations/suggestions for where to stay at for those of you who already finished the interview?
I am thinking of car rental from Tampa airport, has anyone done that? Thanks guys!
My interview is on September 12th, but I am doing the same thing basically. I am flying down to TPA on the 11th, renting a car, staying at the Holiday Inn (also be sure to make reservations by calling locally and not using expedia or anything because you get a LECOM discount) and then leaving the same day as the interview because I have a wedding to attend the next day

--

Last edited:
Rejection letter from them today :-( IS, 3.46 cGPA 3.65 sGPA 28 MCAT. Not letting it get me down, I got an II from another DO school last week.

man that sucks....but congrats on the other II! if you dont mind me asking, was it a pre or post interview rejection?

I'm sorry to keep bugging you, but you seem to have pretty strong stats. Do you know why they rejected you?

No clue. I have an interview at the Erie campus as well as a couple MD schools so far. Maybe they didn't think I would matriculate? I actually would have preferred the Bradenton campus since my partner's family actually lives there.

No clue. I have an interview at the Erie campus as well as a couple MD schools so far. Maybe they didn't think I would matriculate? I actually would have preferred the Bradenton campus since my partner's family actually lives there.
Just curious, since you found out by mail, what did your admission status say on the portal? Does it say Adcom has made a decision or your file is still under review etc.? Thanks

Just curious, since you found out by mail, what did your admission status say on the portal? Does it say Adcom has made a decision or your file is still under review etc.? Thanks

My online portal still says I am under review :shrug:

I noticed this happened a bit on last years thread. People with awesome stats that applied to both campus ( not counting Seton Hill) got a rejection letter from one of the campuses. Most often it was this campus. I would speculate that sometimes having high stats isn't good for them so early in the game because they don't think they are going to snag people with high stats which would waste an interview spot for someone they are more likely to get a deposit out of. I would guess that this campus gets a lower volume of high stat applicants that actually matriculate. Perhaps with LECOM-B it is best to have stats that are around 3.6 - 3.7 and 26 to 28 MCAT. Maybe I am reading into this more then is actually there but it seems logical.

Reactions: 1 users
I noticed this happened a bit on last years thread. People with awesome stats that applied to both campus ( not counting Seton Hill) got a rejection letter from one of the campuses. Most often it was this campus. I would speculate that sometimes having high stats isn't good for them so early in the game because they don't think they are going to snag people with high stats which would waste an interview spot for someone they are more likely to get a deposit out of. I would guess that this campus gets a lower volume of high stat applicants that actually matriculate. Perhaps with LECOM-B it is best to have stats that are around 3.6 - 3.7 and 26 to 28 MCAT. Maybe I am reading into this more then is actually there but it seems logical.

Perhaps. As I mentioned in another post, I am in that range and I was put on hold at Bradenton but given an ii at Seton Hill.

Ugh, can't stop refreshing the admissions status. Interviewed 8/11, but only got my letters in by 8/15. I need to know!

For those of you who have been accepted, did you just send in the $1500 deposit + matriculation agreement + residency affidavit (if FL resident) ? Am I missing anything else?

I haven't sent anything yet, I've been accepted but haven't received the official letter in the mail

Not a fan of this school, especially that 'bribe' they offer you (send us 1500 and we'll let you know interview results earlier). The PBL seemed fishy as well: we'll charge you for tuition but we'll make you not only learn the material by yourself, we won't tell you what to learn. And they explicitly said staff would not be helping much with the learning processes. No drinking water in the classrooms? Trust us to become doctors but can't trust us with a water bottle? Nah

If you need your hand held then Bradenton isn't for you. How do you think you will learn after medical school? You can't be spoon fed forever.

If you need your hand held then Bradenton isn't for you. How do you think you will learn after medical school? You can't be spoon fed forever.
Do they hold lectures at all our is it all self/group learning?

Do they hold lectures at all our is it all self/group learning?

I just went to the interview today. They do hold lectures, but primarily for anatomy, OPP, clinical skills, and some public health related topics. Also, they are not notifying people of their status until 9/30 for early decision and 11/15 for regular decision.

I was complete 7/25 and I still haven't heard anything. It's concerning me a bit because they seem like a school that has a fast turnaround... anyone in the same boat?