Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Rejected today pre interview via snail mail. OOS, Lizzy M around 69. Complete 11/16.

Rejected today pre interview via snail mail. OOS, Lizzy M around 69. Complete 11/16.
Sorry to hear that, especially with that LizzyM. Did your portal get all the way to "your application is under review?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear that, especially with that LizzyM. Did your portal get all the way to "your application is under review?"

Thanks! I actually got accepted to one of my first choices of MD programs a few days ago and have been withdrawing most of my apps so it doesn't sting as bad as it would have a couple weeks ago, haha.

I actually didn't look at my portal regularly enough to say when it changed to that, but if I log in now that is actually still my status.

Good luck to everyone still in the running or accepted! This seems like a great school.

Hey everyone,

My portal status was updated today to "Your file will be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee in 60 days." Is this basically a rejection? I applied late, with my secondary processed 11/17.

I applied using their academic index score (I had high SAT scores). My cumulative and science GPA's are both around 3.85. Has anyone here been accepted using the AIS? I'm guessing they probably heavily favor MCAT scores. I am planning to take the MCAT in the spring but it will be too late for this cycle.

Last edited:
I received the "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." update today. How long did you guys have to wait to get an update after this?

I received the "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." update today. How long did you guys have to wait to get an update after this?

I have been under further review since Dec 11... still waiting.

--

How long did it take others to get an II?

Does this school send out rejection email?i have been under review since mid november.

Still waiting for an II here too. Under review since early December.

Accepted off the wait list!!! Thank you God! Interviewed Dec 4th

Reactions: 5 users
Just declined my II here, hope it goes to someone still waiting for one! Good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My app was complete in mid-october, this is my #1 school and my status hasn't updated to under review yet. I'm just wondering what this could mean for me. Others submitted weeks later and have already been under review and gotten interviews.. I wonder if it would be a good idea to call the school again, just to ask them if they have gotten my updates submitted to AACOMAS and talk about my interest in the school. My LizzyM is around 63.5

Last edited by a moderator:
My app was complete in mid-october, this is my #1 school and my status hasn't updated to under review yet. I'm just wondering what this could mean for me. Others submitted weeks later and have already been under review and gotten interviews.. I wonder if it would be a good idea to call the school again, just to ask them if they have gotten my updates submitted to AACOMAS and talk about my interest in the school. My LizzyM is around 63.5
I was complete early July and never heard anything back I was never even under review. I ended up getting an II on 11/17 for a 11/20 interview. I emailed them a letter of intent saying how this was my top school as well. I sent that email like 4ish days before getting the invite so I definitely recommend sending an email if you're genuinely wanting to go here. And if so, see you next year in the c/o 2020:smuggrin: Also, my Lizzy M was a little less than yours.

do people usually get interviews for both bradenton AND erie? I have an interview for LECOM-B ( my 1st one so im nervous as all hell ) but nothing on LECOM erie so far.

do people usually get interviews for both bradenton AND erie? I have an interview for LECOM-B ( my 1st one so im nervous as all hell ) but nothing on LECOM erie so far.

I had a interview from both LECOM-B and LECOM-SH, and was accepted to both places, but chose LECOM-B!

Reactions: 1 users
They are separate admissions committees so you can get interviews for both if they both like you or one from one and nothing from the other.

Yep II from both. What i really wonder is if putting my deposit at Erie has any impact on my standing on the Bradenton WL.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I was complete mid-October and my status has not changed in the portal. Were you able to get any updates? I was planning on contacting them today to get an idea of what's going on.

how many interview offers do they usually give for how many spots? im looking around and I can't seem to find anything. Someone in another thread said they give a lot of interviews for few spots so i'm slightly terrified because this is my only interview so far

Is anyone else interviewing on the 11th? I'd be interested in splitting a hotel room if anyone wanted to.

portal change today. Application will be re-reviewed in 60 days. Bummer..... but better than a rejection.... There is still hope :)

portal change today. Application will be re-reviewed in 60 days. Bummer..... but better than a rejection.... There is still hope :)

I'm right there with you!, stay positive and keep on going. I've heard plenty of crazy success stories so why not us!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the matriculation packet it says MACs arent supported.. I really love MACs, and the idea of windows computer is going to be a problem, Can anyone comment on that?

On the matriculation packet it says MACs arent supported.. I really love MACs, and the idea of windows computer is going to be a problem, Can anyone comment on that?

Easy, you can install windows onto your Mac.

lol I had no idea you could do that! Why do you even need windows?
My guess would be file types and certain programs only available in "windows" format. Example, .exe files on windows mean it's a program. Not sure what the Mac equivalent is.
Look into Boot Camp or just have two computers..?

lol I had no idea you could do that! Why do you even need windows?

In the packet it also says that NBME testing is not compatible with Mac computers either. But why does that matter? We aren't using our personal computers to take the boards. Unless this entails practice exams and PBL exams too. (I don't want to give up my Apple products :()

Hopefully we can also avoid the issue and just download windows

In the packet it also says that NBME testing is not compatible with Mac computers either. But why does that matter? We aren't using our personal computers to take the boards. Unless this entails practice exams and PBL exams too. (I don't want to give up my Apple products :()

Hopefully we can also avoid the issue and just download windows
I don't remember how exams are given at LECOM from my interview, but a lot of schools have computer based NBME style exams.

Anybody finding the matriculation packet to be a pain? Labs for all these titers...?

Reactions: 2 users
I dont even know where to start, like this is gonna be expensive

That's what I'm saying. At first I thought we only needed those if we didn't have proof of vacc, but it's required either way... I told the doc I work for and he was like "WTF? That's so damn expensive"

I am a current student and over half of us use Macs. We have computer based exams and they are completely compatible. They only say Macs aren't supported because IT is trained in windows... They can still help you with most issues though.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, I have an interview here on 1/11 and was wondering if anyone could give any tips/advice? I understand they do a group interview and an individual interview. How does that work? Also, am I being interviewed too late? Im afraid I'm just gonna get waitlisted or rejected :(

Congratulations on those who received IIs for late in the season...there is plenty of hope! The Bradenton/Sarasota area is amazing! I chose to go to a different school, but I plan on Sarasota being in my future. Beautiful place.

hi everyone, i have an interview tomorrow. How is the parking situation? Do i need to uber there or could i park on campus?

hi everyone, i have an interview tomorrow. How is the parking situation? Do i need to uber there or could i park on campus?

You can park on campus, when I interviewed there, there were plenty of spots, remember to enter the back of the building,!

You can park on campus

EDIT: oops, sorry, didn't see crazyboi1993's response when I posted!

can someone explain the group interview plz. is it more like a discussion among the group or does each person answer questions down a line?