Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did the email with your II say you would meet with an interview panel or have a group interview?
The interview was very laid back, which was nice. I had the pleasure of having a great interview group as well. The interviewers would ask a question and then each of us took 1-2 minutes to answer. Each person got a chance to speak and at the end we would discuss a bit more. When we hit an awkward silence, they would ask another question. It was a great experience, some difficult questions though!

Members don't see this ad.

The interview was very laid back, which was nice. I had the pleasure of having a great interview group as well. The interviewers would ask a question and then each of us took 1-2 minutes to answer. Each person got a chance to speak and at the end we would discuss a bit more. When we hit an awkward silence, they would ask another question. It was a great experience, some difficult questions though!
Thanks! How many interviewers were there?

I had the same experience.. we might've been in the same group as well! But everyone seemed to feed off each other in my group!

Interview went well last week. We didn't have any questions about PBL in our group. We had a somewhat difficult scenario based question we had to tackle. As usual, most students in our group didn't talk much with the exception of two interviewees.

It was hard to talk when there were other people talking a lot. I tried to keep everything I said as short and as clear as possible without rambling. I believe it worked well for me.

This was much different than mine! haha we had a a few PBL questions. Everyone in my group talked and it was very conversational

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same experience.. we might've been in the same group as well! But everyone seemed to feed off each other in my group!

This was much different than mine! haha we had a a few PBL questions. Everyone in my group talked and it was very conversational
Based solely on your username, I think we were in the same group.

Reactions: 1 users
I Will be interviewing this coming Monday, anyone have any advice on how to prepare? Did they say how long you would have to wait until you get a decision?

Reactions: 1 user
Create a USAA account on their website and then use their discount to rent a car. It eliminates the under 25 driver charge. That's what I did and I am driving to Bradenton from Tampa next Friday for very cheap lol.
is usaa excluisve to military? also i dont see anything about car rental

For those that received II's from LECOM-B, how much time elapsed between submission of secondary and II? Any input would be appreciated!
This was weird for me but I submitted my secondary August 2nd and received and II August 4th

I submitted in early July but I haven't received an II. I have already interviewed at Erie. Does this mean that all hope is lost, or simply that my appliation hasn't been looked over yet?

I Will be interviewing this coming Monday, anyone have any advice on how to prepare? Did they say how long you would have to wait until you get a decision?
Interested in an answer to this as well

I submitted in early July but I haven't received an II. I have already interviewed at Erie. Does this mean that all hope is lost, or simply that my appliation hasn't been looked over yet?

It's funny you say this, as my situation is the exact opposite. I am still under review at the Erie campus but received an II at Bradenton. Erie is much closer to home so I am really hoping for an II there, but at this point I will take what I can get.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interested in an answer to this as well
We had the option to decide if we want to participate in the Early Decision Program, if you selected this option you would be notified by 10/1. The other option was 11/15. They notify via mail.

Can you be scheduled for more than one interview at multiple campuses?

I got an interview at Seton Hill and Erie & Bradenton still have the "Under review" status so I'm wondering if they wait till you finish interviewing with one campus before inviting you to theirs? Does anyone know?

I would love any advice on this as well! A bit confused now, since someone earlier mentioned that their interview group was the "last group" to go through that style of interview. So not sure whether to be expecting a group or panel interview. Any help would be appreciated !

I would love any advice on this as well! A bit confused now, since someone earlier mentioned that their interview group was the "last group" to go through that style of interview. So not sure whether to be expecting a group or panel interview. Any help would be appreciated !
I would recommend doing some research into their curriculum (know it well). The interview was mostly a chance for the interviewers to get a feel for who you are. They know your application front and back (like they knew the name of my undergrad college without looking- and it's a small school). They did tell us that we could discuss any shortcomings in our apps if we wanted. I honestly don't think there's much to do to prepare. Just remain engaged, pay attention, ask questions!

Reactions: 3 users
Reading this just now has me nervous. I submitted and was verified a few weeks ago and still haven't had a secondary from LECOM-B. Am I a million years behind on this?

Reading this just now has me nervous. I submitted and was verified a few weeks ago and still haven't had a secondary from LECOM-B. Am I a million years behind on this?

I didn't receive a secondary after being verified on 7/14 so I called their office yesterday and received an e-mail with the secondary today.

II today from both Erie and Bradenton!

I only got one from Erie and was able to do both in the same portal... never even got an email from Bradenton... and I got an interview so I imagine that was ok.

Tossing my hat in- secondary received and submitted today.

II today. Complete 7/22. CA resident. Scheduled for 9/4. First one is the sweetest, my friends.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have interviewed, did you get a text today that they will contact us with a decision soon? What's that supposed to mean? So we're going to know sooner than Oct?

Anyone currently in Bradenton that wants to get together and do a mock interview or even check out some local things to do Sunday? Send me a pm.

In Bradenton too! Excited for my first interview

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure, we will see tomorrow

welp guess I have to review the hell out of my application -_-

Hope to see some of you tomorrow! Get some good sleep :highfive:

Status just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." -- which I assume is a rejection as I haven't interviewed.

I already have an MD acceptance so I'm not too bummed, but this seems a bit.... quick? Considering I have very competitive stats.

Last edited: