****Legitimate UoP Class of 2017 Thread****

Still no email. 2nd batch. I wonder if I should call?

Please do, and let me know what they say! I don't understand how they are picking who to actively review, but hopefully there is a logical reason we were skipped over.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the under review e-mail 7/31. I'm in CA and 1st batch.

im CA resident, 3rd batch and i got my email from them yesterday also

Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: posted in wrong thread! Sorry.

Last edited:
I got the e-mail today! YAY! 1st batch, NC resident.

folks,
could you please be a little more details?

you got an email for what? missing docs? app reviewing by admission committee? invite for interview?

dying here to find out. lol:love:

So far, a bunch of CA residents, 1 WA resident, and us 2 NC residents! Maybe it's a good thing that we received the email around the same time as west coast applicants?? even though UOP is private. Can't wait until they start sending interview invites!

folks,
could you please be a little more details?

you got an email for what? missing docs? app reviewing by admission committee? invite for interview?

dying here to find out. lol:love:

I posted earlier in the thread what it says. It is an under active review email.

It's just an email stating that your application is under active review.

So this this email come before the ones you guys received? "Our admissions office at University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry has received your AADSAS application. Your $75 application fee has been received and your file will be activated. Please allow 2-3 weeks for our office to process your application."

So this this email come before the ones you guys received? "Our admissions office at University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry has received your AADSAS application. Your $75 application fee has been received and your file will be activated. Please allow 2-3 weeks for our office to process your application."

Yup. I got the "application received" e-mail on 7/25. The "active review" e-mail came today.

I got the "active review" e-mail today, after e-mailing them my unofficial DAT score report yesterday (wow, fast e-mail processing!) I'm from Colorado, by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the "active review" e-mail today, after e-mailing them my unofficial DAT score report yesterday (wow, fast e-mail processing!) I'm from Colorado, by the way.

Did ya do really well or something? :D

Still nothing for me. I wonder if this is done alphabetically or something.

I'm also 2nd batch and haven't received the active review email. Maybe they have only done Cali residents and 1st batch so far? Did any OOS 2+ batchers get the email?

I'm also 2nd batch and haven't received the active review email. Maybe they have only done Cali residents and 1st batch so far? Did any OOS 2+ batchers get the email?

Not me... 3rd batch and Canadian

I'm from CA and 1st batch and i didn't get it yet.

Finally got the active review email today. Was getting nervous. I'm 1st batch Arkansas resident

2nd batch, CA resident here. I got the ;Application Received' email on July 25th and have yet to receive the 'Active Review' email.

This process is very nerve wracking! I know its early in the process but I'm so nervous seeing all these interview invites while I haven't received anything yet :confused:

I still haven't received the active review email yet. Wonder what's going on.

Same. Third batch, didn't receive active review email yet.

What exactly does the active review email say? I got an email from them a few weeks ago that said they got my app and are processing my payment.

This process is very nerve wracking! I know its early in the process but I'm so nervous seeing all these interview invites while I haven't received anything yet :confused:

What exactly does the active review email say? I got an email from them a few weeks ago that said they got my app and are processing my payment.

There aren't any invites yet!

It literally just says your file is currently under active review. I think someone copied part of it in a previous post. :)

There aren't any invites yet!

It literally just says your file is currently under active review. I think someone copied part of it in a previous post. :)

I meant in general, not specifically for UOP. I know they start inviting later on compared to other schools.

While SDN is an invaluable resource, it definitely adds to the stress and tension that comes with this process.

First batch, CA resident, got my active review email today. Doesn't look like batch is a factor. Maybe last name?

I got an email today stating I'm under official review and to allow at least 7-8 weeks to hear regarding interview which they also shared would be by telephone.

Anyone else contacted today?

So I swear when I wrote that previous post noone else had posted about the official review lol.

Oh well.

Glad things are moving along.

7-8 seems like a long time though.

I received active review as well 8/2 and I'm 1st batcher. Don't really know if it means anything. I'm just scared to open my email these days....never know if good/bad news awaits

Just to let you all know, no one has interviewed yet this cycle here at Pacific. Last year, I believe they started interviewing in late August or early September from what I remember. I know that they've started reviewing applications over the last few weeks, so those who applied early in the cycle may start hearing things soon. That being said, we had some network complications early this week, so if you tried to get in touch with anyone via the internet, it's likely that they're still sifting through their messages. Good luck this cycle, and looking forward to seeing you guys in a year!

I'm second batch. Still not active review mail. When I called the other day, the woman on the phone didn't want to say if they recieved anything or not and just told me to wait for the email.

...sigh...waiting...

Just to let you all know, no one has interviewed yet this cycle here at Pacific. Last year, I believe they started interviewing in late August or early September from what I remember. I know that they've started reviewing applications over the last few weeks, so those who applied early in the cycle may start hearing things soon. That being said, we had some network complications early this week, so if you tried to get in touch with anyone via the internet, it's likely that they're still sifting through their messages. Good luck this cycle, and looking forward to seeing you guys in a year!

I think I remember seeing in the "interview" thread from last year that UoP didn't start giving out invites until early September. Maybe, though, they gave some out earlier and nobody on the site got one. :D Or I might be totally wrong!

The first invite posted was on September 5th. It's about halfway down the page.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=930561&page=12

Thank you for the update! Are you a student interviewer? :)

Got my "active review" UoP email today. 3rd batch (7/12 mail date).

Ca resident & in the 30+ age club. 3 year DDS would be a godsend. All the best

I was called for an interview invite today! Good luck to everyone!

I was called for an interview invite today! Good luck to everyone!

Hey! You're the same dude who piped up about getting a UConn interview from the west coast. Please help us out and give us a bit more info! We'd really appreciate it. :). I bet you're a stellar applicant!

I got the call for an interview today too!

Residency: Washington
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall) 3.96, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/23/nope

Good luck, everyone!

Congrats, tybo! Thanks for the info!

What time did they call?

P.S. An interview is basically an acceptance.. So congrats! You don't really have to worry about getting into DS anymore. :)

Hey! You're the same dude who piped up about getting a UConn interview from the west coast. Please help us out and give us a bit more info! We'd really appreciate it. :). I bet you're a stellar applicant!

Ouch Sorry. I guess I thought it was weird to talk about myself. (I'm new to this SDN game.)
I only mentioned I got invites because I know I have been using this sight to see if anything has happened at the schools I have applied to and I thought I would share that info.
But anyways :rolleyes:
//

Last edited:
Yep, you're definitely stellar! :D Congratulations!

Did my post come across as snappy? I didn't mean for it to!! No reason to apologize! :)

No worries! And thanks. Also, no pressure on the "the interview is basically an acceptance" :/ :scared:

P.S. An interview is basically an acceptance.. So congrats! You don't really have to worry about getting into DS anymore. :)[/QUOTE said:
Is their acceptance to interview ratio really that high ?

I got a call for an interview this afternoon. Good luck to everyone!

Got a call today but I missed it!!! They didn't leave a voicemail. I wonder if they are open on Saturdays?!

Got a call today but I missed it!!! They didn't leave a voicemail. I wonder if they are open on Saturdays?!

Are you sure it was them? I missed their call but they left a voicemail with possible dates.