****Legitimate UoP Class of 2017 Thread****

OMG wowww false alarm :/

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a UOP portal...from last cycle they were talking about checking their status on some UOP portal

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a call to interview yesterday! They called around 4:15 my time, so 3:15 in California. Left a message (I was driving) and gave me two dates - Thursday, September 12th and Monday, September 16th. I called back and talked to a woman named Janelle and picked the 16th. I hope I get to see some of you that day!!

State: Colorado
GPA/sGPA: 3.88/3.87
DAT: AA 24, TS 23, PA 23, RC 28

My uncle (who was very instrumental in convincing me to be a dentist) went to UOP for dental school, not sure if that has any influence on them.

Good luck everyone!

I also got a call to interview yesterday! They called around 4:15 my time, so 3:15 in California. Left a message (I was driving) and gave me two dates - Thursday, September 12th and Monday, September 16th. I called back and talked to a woman named Janelle and picked the 16th. I hope I get to see some of you that day!!

State: Colorado
GPA/sGPA: 3.88/3.87
DAT: AA 24, TS 23, PA 23, RC 28

My uncle (who was very instrumental in convincing me to be a dentist) went to UOP for dental school, not sure if that has any influence on them.

Good luck everyone!

While your uncle's sway may have given you a little push in the right direction, I think you alone can take credit for 99.9% of that interview... nice stats, congrats on the invite!

congrats on interview invites guys.

I got a call for an interview yesterday! They left a message so I am planning to call back Monday.

Mail out date: 8/2/13
State: CA
GPA/sGPA: 3.87/3.92
DAT: AA 27, TS 30, PA 25, RC 25

Random question, but I am a CA resident and applied to UoP, but I am out of the country until the end of August. I'm worried that if I were to get an interview invitation, which is by phone only, I won't receive it since I turned my phone's cellular data off while I'm here. What do you think the best thing to do is? I replied to the email saying that my application was being actively reviewed a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.

This is making me so anxious.

Are you sure it was them? I missed their call but they left a voicemail with possible dates.

athomas, when did you get your "active review" email? I have similar stats to yours (and residency) but was 3rd batch and didn't get their email until 8/9...

By the way (to everyone), I'm starting to get the feeling that they are reviewing applications by stats and not by batch. I have a 3.7 overall, 3.6 sci, 3.5 BCP, and a 24AA DAT (nothing below 17). I was 3rd batch and didn't get the "active review" email until 8/9 while some people from 4th batch (with great GPA and/or DAT scores) got interviews on the same day! :p

Last edited:
By the way (to everyone), I'm starting to get the feeling that they are reviewing applications by stats and not by batch. I have a 3.7 overall, 3.5 sci, and a 24AA DAT (nothing below 17). I was 3rd batch and didn't get the "active review" email until 8/9 while some people from 4th batch (with great GPA and/or DAT scores) got interviews on the same day! :p
:thumbup: agreed.

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way (to everyone), I'm starting to get the feeling that they are reviewing applications by stats and not by batch.

Welp... If that's the case, then I suppose there won't be an interview invite coming my way. (26AA, 30TS, 3.97 GPA) I was thinking they may have been checking more so by residency (most of these people seem to be the west coast), but who knows!

I got my active review e-mail on 8/2, and I was in the very first batch.

A huge congrats to everyone that has received an interview!! :D

Last edited:
By the way (to everyone), I'm starting to get the feeling that they are reviewing applications by stats and not by batch. I have a 3.7 overall, 3.5 sci, and a 24AA DAT (nothing below 17). I was 3rd batch and didn't get the "active review" email until 8/9 while some people from 4th batch (with great GPA and/or DAT scores) got interviews on the same day! :p

I got an active review email beginning of August and I have lower stats than you. It's by batch I believe. I was in the first batch.

I got an active review email beginning of August and I have lower stats than you. It's by batch I believe. I was in the first batch.

That just made it all the more confusing. :/

Welp... If that's the case, then I suppose there won't be an interview invite coming my way. (26AA, 30TS, 3.97 GPA) I was thinking they may have been checking more so by residency (most of these people seem to be the west coast), but who knows!

A huge congrats to everyone that has received an interview!! :D

Oh, Glimmer. I may not have been posting too much, but I am a big time lurker. I am sure someone like you will get an interview invite in no time!

That just made it all the more confusing. :/

Sorry man. I got it August 1st and I have a DAT of AA 19 TS 19 PAT 20 and a 3.68 oGPA, 3.52 sGPA. No interview though.

I *really* think residency might be playing a large role in the invites they've sent out thus far, guys.

Sorry man. I got it August 1st and I have a DAT of AA 19 TS 19 PAT 20 and a 3.68 oGPA, 3.52 sGPA. No interview though.

No need to be sorry, dude. I hope good news comes to the both of us. (Yay for Seattle!!!)

I *really* think residency might be playing a large role in the invites they've sent out thus far, guys.

That could be correct... but JAWSSS mentioned in another thread that someone with "crazy stats" from NY got an invite. Residency probably plays a large role, but if you have the stats even if from the east coast, it'll get you somewhere.

I'm in CA. First batch and I got the under review email 7/31; GPAs 3.8, GPAo 3.6, DAT 21AA/22TS/20PAT, and no invite so far.

I was just referring to the "active review" emails, not actual invites. It seems those with the strongest stats received that email before others, despite being mailed in later batches. It's all minutia and speculation anyway, but it's interesting to try to pick apart their process nonetheless.

If it helps, no active review here and no interview invite.

3.62 ogpa/sgpa
25/25/25
Michigan residency.

I was just referring to the "active review" emails, not actual invites. It seems those with the strongest stats received that email before others, despite being mailed in later batches. It's all minutia and speculation anyway, but it's interesting to try to pick apart their process nonetheless.

I think they combine batches together and sort them out alphabetically =P

e.g uop batch #1 = sum of batches (1,2,3, and 4)
Afterwards, they alphabetize it and work from there

I think they combine batches together and sort them out alphabetically =P

e.g uop batch #1 = sum of batches (1,2,3, and 4)
Afterwards, they alphabetize it and work from there

Possible, as my last name is dead last in the alphabet.

Plot twist: Everyone is paranoid and they're doing it completely random. Maybe M. Night Shyamalan is on the adcom... who knows

Plot twist: Everyone is paranoid and they're doing it completely random. Maybe M. Night Shyamalan is on the adcom... who knows

NOT M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN!!!! He ruins every movie he touches!

athomas, when did you get your "active review" email? I have similar stats to yours (and residency) but was 3rd batch and didn't get their email until 8/9...

Got the active review email on 8/7. I think glimmer may be right about the residency thing. It makes sense to invite west coast residents first just on the basis of ease of travel. It's probably a lot cheaper for me to get a last minute flight from Seattle than it is for someone from the east coast. Also, I don't think they've sent out many invites yet so it's not worth stressing at this point. If you felt confident in your application when you submitted, that shouldn't change just because they haven't gotten to calling you yet.

They have so many applications to go through, that it is very difficult to try and predict the process each school takes in choosing applicants to pursue. It is still early in the selection process. It's also easy to forget that SDN does not reflect the majority of applicants :)

Last edited:
Anyone in the South got the active review email? Jeez, this is nerve wrecking !

Got the active review email on 8/7. I think glimmer may be right about the residency thing. It makes sense to invite west coast residents first just on the basis of ease of travel. It's probably a lot cheaper for me to get a last minute flight from Seattle than it is for someone from the east coast. Also, I don't think they've sent out many invites yet so it's not worth stressing at this point. If you felt confident in your application when you submitted, that shouldn't change just because they haven't gotten to calling you yet.

Thanks, athomas. Honestly, I did freak out a little. My confidence in my application is only superficial since I don't know what the actual stats are in the applicant pool. And it seems that a lot of amazing people with great stats are applying there from SDN.

I really hope I get a call. Two people from WA have gotten invites already, so I'm feeling nervous.

Anyone in the South got the active review email? Jeez, this is nerve wrecking !

Arkansas and got active review email on August 2. No interview. Wouldn't be surprised if I don't get an interview though. haha. I see some of the scores here, and there is no way I'm getting my hopes up.

Everyone calm down :laugh: UoP typically starts their interviews with in state applicants (obviously a couple of OOS will get interviews). Learn to not read too much into the UoP status updates as well. They really don't mean anything. Nearly everybody at one point or another will have under active review on the portal. Also, It is extremely early in the cycle. There is so much time left for pre december interviews and I promise that many of you will get invites. I am seriously impressed with some of the stats I have seen on the threads recently. You are very impressive applicants and i'm sure that you will all be able to accomplish you goal of becoming a dentist! If anyone needs any advice feel free to PM me, I'm more than happy to help. GOOD LUCK guys, try to kick back and enjoy your summer :)

thanks swoops. good luck at Temple

Ok thanks gn4 and glimmer, I guess they are going by combination of batch number and last name. If so, I'd be the last person they look at. I wonder if my 19 in RC would affect my chance? I've heard they want 20 or above in all sections.

3rd batch, CA resident
3.99 oGPA, 22 AA, 23 TS, 24 PAT
Application not in active review, no invite.

gg lmao

Interview Invite to UOP. Just got the phone call.

My AADSAS was mailed in second batch, and I am in-state (Bay Area).

and to keep the last name conspiracy theory going, mine starts with one of the last 5 letters of the alphabet.

Last edited:
Interview Invite to UOP. Just got the phone call.

My AADSAS was mailed in second batch, and I am in-state (Bay Area).

and to keep the last name conspiracy theory going, mine starts with one of the last 5 letters of the alphabet.

Huh... I guess they don't have a specific day to give out calls.

Congrats on the interview invite!

YAY!!!!!

I'm interviewing on October 21st. :D :D :hardy:

I got the call about about 1:25, so 10:25 California time. I'm a NC resident.

I hope some of you guys pick the same day as me! I'd love to meet some SDN folks. :)

YAY!!!!!

I'm interviewing on October 21st. :D :D :hardy:

I got the call about about 1:25, so 10:25 California time. I'm a NC resident.

I hope some of you guys pick the same day as me! I'd love to meet some SDN folks. :)

haha congrats. Really happy for you. I know you really wanted it really bad. I'm sure even if you messed up the interview they would still take you :)

yay!!!!!

I'm interviewing on october 21st. :hungover: :hungover: :hardy:

I got the call about about 1:25, so 10:25 california time. I'm a nc resident.

I hope some of you guys pick the same day as me! I'd love to meet some sdn folks. :)

Congrats, Glimmer!!! :) :)

congrats Glimmer. I got called today too Called at around 12:40 local time which is 10:40 cali

Congrats on the invites guys! I still haven't even gotten the active review email. I called in and they said their system was down for a week so they're behind in processing apps.

Thank you so much, everyone! Getting the interview takes a big weight off. This school is awesome, and I know I could certainly make it work even though it's far from home. :D

When are you interviewing, gn4?

Thank you so much, everyone! Getting the interview takes a big weight off. This school is awesome, and I know I could certainly make it work even though it's far from home. :D

When are you interviewing, gn4?

October 21 or something. A Monday. I was so happy, I don't even remember. haha.

October 21 or something. A Monday. I was so happy, I don't even remember. haha.

Awesome Guy-great jobs!

I can picture the caller trying to catch me in the right moment to catch me off guard for an interview invite.:laugh: crossing my fingers!