Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone doing their post bacc? Currently or next class?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking at the SDN feedback for LUCOM and a few responses repeatedly said how they were tested on basic science knowledge during their interview.

Can anyone speak to this? Is there any "quizzing" or anything of the like? I've heard it's a relatively not stressful interview, but now I'm worried hearing this.

Last edited:
I was looking at the SDN feedback for LUCOM and a few responses repeatedly said how they were tested on basic science knowledge during their interview.

Can anyone speak to this? Is there any "quizzing" or anything of the like? I've heard it's a relatively not stressful interview, but now I'm worried hearing this.
If there are any sort of questions pertaining to your basic science knowledge, I think it will depend on your interviewer's preference. My two interviews were very relaxed and straightforward. PM me if you want to talk a bit more detailed.

Members don't see this ad :)

I was never asked of any knowlege questions. It seemed liked they wanted to find out if I was a good fit for the school, so be prepared to answer why LUCOM.

At the interview the administration went through great lengths to emphasize that the interview process was not meant to challenge your intellectual abilities as your gpa/MCAT had already made that point. They emphasized establishing whether or not you and the school were a good fit. I agree with others above who have commented that you MUST have a strong answer for the "Why LUCOM?" question. If you do end up being thrown a curveball and are asked a scientifically challenging question just understand that it probably wasn't encouraged by administration and that the interviewer is straying from the school's intentions for the interview. As with anything, if you don't know the answer simply be honest and tell the interviewer with tact and finesse. How you handle not knowing things in an interview is critical as the interviewer is more than likely testing your resolve under fire more than your knowledge.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone else have an issue on their home page where the admissions checklist widget occasionally disappears? I've had that happen twice and I freak out that i've missed some sort of deadline and that my acceptance has been rescinded each time.

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone else have an issue on their home page where the admissions checklist widget occasionally disappears? I've had that happen twice and I freak out that i've missed some sort of deadline and that my acceptance has been rescinded each time.
I'm having the same problem. You can check what you have completed by going to Assist-student-Application status. However, it doesn't show a deadline. Most were 3/1/2016 for me.

FYI for those of you working on your checklist like me -- The physical/immunization forms are not due until June 1st, and they do want you to get your TB tests within 6 months of matriculation (aka after March 1st).

If anyone knows any students who are doing/planning to do Army Reserve please let me know! I'm curious to find where I'd be doing my service while at Liberty.

If anyone knows any students who are doing/planning to do Army Reserve please let me know! I'm curious to find where I'd be doing my service while at Liberty.
Is doing army reserve separate from the HPSP? I'm planning to attend liberty with the hpsp

Is doing army reserve separate from the HPSP? I'm planning to attend liberty with the hpsp

I believe so although I'm not sure. I'm having a meeting with a recruiter this week and will be getting all the details.

Does anyone know when the deadline to submit our final transcripts verifying our prerequisite completion is? Im seeing conflicting dates

FYI for those of you working on your checklist like me -- The physical/immunization forms are not due until June 1st, and they do want you to get your TB tests within 6 months of matriculation (aka after March 1st).
Did they say the 3/1 deadline is going to be changed to 6/1 on the checklist? I don't want them to consider anything "late" just bc the portal didn't get updated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say the 3/1 deadline is going to be changed to 6/1 on the checklist? I don't want them to consider anything "late" just bc the portal didn't get updated.

They did not. I spoke to LUCOM Admissions about it and they said they have no involvement with those forms and that I needed to contact LUCOM Student Health. The only message I got back from LUCOM Student Health was that the forms are due June 1st...

Perhaps you could call admissions just to confirm that your status won't be affected by turning those forms in after March 1st?

Oh I have encountered the same problem multiple times and get all panicky too haha. If refreshing the page won't work I just remove the "future student" widget and "add widget" again and the checklists show up.

They did not. I spoke to LUCOM Admissions about it and they said they have no involvement with those forms and that I needed to contact LUCOM Student Health. The only message I got back from LUCOM Student Health was that the forms are due June 1st...

Perhaps you could call admissions just to confirm that your status won't be affected by turning those forms in after March 1st?
Ohh ok. Thanks for the info!

Ohh ok. Thanks for the info!
I was going to call but just realized that as long as you get the TB test after 2/3, you'll be in the 6 month window. 2/3/16 - 8/3/16 (first day) is 6 months.

1: 2/3 - 3/3
2: 3/3 - 4/3
3: 4/3 - 5/3
4: 5/3 - 6/3
5: 6/3 - 7/3
6: 7/3 - 8/3

...Just for anyone who still wants to submit their stuff by 3/1.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!
I actually have never even posted on SDN until just now. I have, however, been watching and reading this thread.

I have an interview here Friday Feb. 12, and I am SO nervous / excited / honored.
I know that a lot of you have said that the interview is not too stressful and that it is mostly conversational.
I am really hoping that I feel that way too by the end of it!

My interviews are with Dr. Kribs and Dr. Dormer.
-Did anyone have their interview with either of them?
--Any particular advice or knowledge I should have about either for the interview?
I have been reading about both of them, and I have to say that Dr. Dormer's accomplishments are quite intimidating.
I was hoping that he isn't too "rough" on the applicants.

I also have an interview at Campbell later this month for their wait list.
---Does anyone know if the class for LUCOM is full?
I wasn't told that I am interviewing for the waitlist so it seems like good news.

Hey guys!
I actually have never even posted on SDN until just now. I have, however, been watching and reading this thread.

I have an interview here Friday Feb. 12, and I am SO nervous / excited / honored.
I know that a lot of you have said that the interview is not too stressful and that it is mostly conversational.
I am really hoping that I feel that way too by the end of it!

My interviews are with Dr. Kribs and Dr. Dormer.
-Did anyone have their interview with either of them?
--Any particular advice or knowledge I should have about either for the interview?
I have been reading about both of them, and I have to say that Dr. Dormer's accomplishments are quite intimidating.
I was hoping that he isn't too "rough" on the applicants.

I also have an interview at Campbell later this month for their wait list.
---Does anyone know if the class for LUCOM is full?
I wasn't told that I am interviewing for the waitlist so it seems like good news.
PM me and we can talk. I'm more than happy to personally straighten anything out.

Just got an email today that they are starting to look at the waitlist! Ahhh! I'm so anxious about this! I really hope I'll get to join you all in the class!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call from Dr. Martin last night. Accepted.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! If I want to email my physical/immunization forms, instead of send them through snail mail/ usps, where do I email them to? I've called Admissions multiple times and no answer. I can't find an email address for the Office of Student Health?

Those who said they're sumbitted them or are working on them (@preDO13 , @Bubba25, @positiveDOvibes, @anotherhopeful!!, @zincmask ) or anyone else .... any help please? Are you all mailing them via post or scanning/emailing them? Thank you in advance! :)

Hey guys! If I want to email my physical/immunization forms, instead of send them through snail mail/ usps, where do I email them to? I've called Admissions multiple times and no answer. I can't find an email address for the Office of Student Health?

Those who said they're sumbitted them or are working on them (@preDO13 , @Bubba25, @positiveDOvibes, @anotherhopeful!!, @zincmask ) or anyone else .... any help please? Are you all mailing them via post or scanning/emailing them? Thank you in advance! :)
I sent mine to [email protected]. My understanding after speaking with them was that you can email anything without original signatures (ex: titers, shot record, etc.), but forms with yours and your doctor's signatures on them have to be mailed (physical and immunizations forms). Hope that helps!

On a related note: has anyone had any financial aid items show up on their checklists yet?

I haven't really been one for posting on here but I've been following this thread pretty closely...
Has anyone who recently interviewed (past couple of weeks) heard back yet?
Anxiously waiting to see if I get to join Class of 2020!

I haven't really been one for posting on here but I've been following this thread pretty closely...
In the same boat! I've been refreshing the ASIST admissions decision section of the portal probably 50 times a day for the past week.

yes--interviewed 1-29, accepted phone call on 2-8. This was my first acceptance of the cycle and couldn't be more thankful. best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting.

yes--interviewed 1-29, accepted phone call on 2-8. This was my first acceptance of the cycle and couldn't be more thankful. best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting.
The waiting is literally killing me!

Thanks for letting us know! It seems like the trend is roughly 10-11 days after we interview so hopefully we hear back soon too!

emoji29.png
I competely feel your pain.
I completely understand. I wish there were an easier way to move through this process. This was not only my first acceptance but also my first invite so I was starting to think it may not happen for me this year. I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear something very soon.

I competely feel your pain.

I completely understand. I wish there were an easier way to move through this process. This was not only my first acceptance but also my first invite so I was starting to think it may not happen for me this year. I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear something very soon.
If you don't mind me asking, were you refreshing your portal and suddenly it said accepted? Or did you receive the call first?

If you don't mind me asking, were you refreshing your portal and suddenly it said accepted? Or did you receive the call first?
I believe I received the call first. I figured it was too soon after my imterview so I hadn't been checking the portal that day.

Does anyone know a good company to get health insurance through for when we are in school? I'm going to email admissions to ask what they recommend, but I figured I would ask on here first to see if anyone had asked already! Thanks!

Excited to start this fall! I'll be moving cross country and wanted thoughts on where to live and info on shipping my car. Any other fellow Californians moving out there? Can current students comment on our class schedule, i.e., are we in class from 8-5 everyday?

I interviewed at Liberty on 2/5... anxiously awaiting a phone call :whistle:
How do I check my status online and when (approximately) should I be expecting a call (if i ever get one)?

I interviewed at Liberty on 2/5... anxiously awaiting a phone call :whistle:
How do I check my status online and when (approximately) should I be expecting a call (if i ever get one)?

You can check it through ASIST via your Liberty portal. Under the General Info tab there's an Admission Status link ;)

I missed my final confirmation deposit. I was under extraneous circumstances and didn't call them because I didn't expect for my financial situation to go bust at literally the last second but have the money now. They've marked me as acceptance forfeited as of today. I am calling them tomorrow first thing in the morning. I'm going to cry.

I missed my final confirmation deposit. I was under extraneous circumstances and didn't call them because I didn't expect for my financial situation to go bust at literally the last second but have the money now. They've marked me as acceptance forfeited as of today. I am calling them tomorrow first thing in the morning. I'm going to cry.
I had a similar situation and called and they extended it. And I also wrote a letter to Dean Martin because I still can't afford it. $1500 is excess to ask for on demand

I had a similar situation and called and they extended it. And I also wrote a letter to Dean Martin because I still can't afford it. $1500 is excess to ask for on demand

Did they extend after marking you down as forfeited? I'm so scared they gave my spot away to someone else already. I've send emails to the admissions department and am waiting to hear back. I was just listed today so I'm hoping they haven't given the seat away yet.

This is my nightmare.

Did they extend after marking you down as forfeited? I'm so scared they gave my spot away to someone else already. I've send emails to the admissions department and am waiting to hear back. I was just listed today so I'm hoping they haven't given the seat away yet.

This is my nightmare.
I never saw my portal change. Says "accept" now. Good luck

Oh boy.

Last edited:
Thank God for the administration. I called today and they were able to sort things out.

Lesson learned. When in a bind, call the administration first not last.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank God for the administration. I called today and they were able to sort things out.

Lesson learned. When in a bind, call the administration first not last.
I know how you feel with these deposits. I didn't have the money right then, but I was able to put it on credit, and have an additional 30 days to pay that off before I was hit with any additional interest. But I'm really happy to hear that everything was sorted out for you! That's a huge relief.

Excited to start this fall! I'll be moving cross country and wanted thoughts on where to live and info on shipping my car. Any other fellow Californians moving out there? Can current students comment on our class schedule, i.e., are we in class from 8-5 everyday?

I would love to know this too...regarding places to stay, class schedule etc? Is attendance mandatory?
Also anyone aware of scholarships for LUCOM students?

Does anyone know how much a GLTC bus pass costs for LUCOM students?

Anyone else having difficulty getting added on our class FB page?

Interviewed Friday, February 12, and I got a call tonight 2/18... ACCEPTED.

SO happy I broke down in tears. It's been a long journey, and it certainly isn't over yet.

I am excited to be joining you guys!!:highfive:

Reactions: 6 users
Same here everyone! Excited to meet you all!
:soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
interviewed 2/5... got the call last night! ACCEPTED!!! So thrilled!!! Absolutely loved LUCOM

Reactions: 4 users