Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!! Best day ever!! Interviewed 11/10

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats @preDO13
Anyone know if they are definitely going to LUCOM? If so are you OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else concerned about clerkships?

How will HPSP make difference? Is it because you will be doing military residency?

Yes, sorry, I read that too fast. Residency is what concerns me more with Liberty. But with HPSP and military residency that concern would be dissuaded.

I did not get the impression that clerkships aren't set in stone. They spoke to us about that during the interview day and it sounds like everything is ready to go for the students who will start them next year... I could be wrong though. That's just the impression I got.

Can someone do a military residency match without doing HPSP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay now i'm really confused. Since it has a different date on mine. So the Drug screen, immunizations, and proof of insurance are all due for you by 12/18/15? What date does everyone else here have on their mylu widget for the different items?

My first deposit is due 12/14/15. My background check, drug screen, student health and physical report, immunizations and titers, and proof of insurance are all due 03/01/15

@LaurenKarno is LUCOM your first choice? Are you OOS?
I'm just concerned about the clerkships :(
Feel free to PM me!

@LaurenKarno is LUCOM your first choice? Are you OOS?
I'm just concerned about the clerkships :(
Feel free to PM me!
I have been in contact with some current students and it sounds like they are solidifying the clerkships quite rapidly in different locations. I know that they just nailed it down for several spots in Illinois in the last few weeks, so I'm not worried at all.

Reactions: 2 users
I received my physical letter of acceptance on 11/16.

I have been in contact with some current students and it sounds like they are solidifying the clerkships quite rapidly in different locations. I know that they just nailed it down for several spots in Illinois in the last few weeks, so I'm not worried at all.

Do you know if the locations in Illinois would be for both third and fourth year rotations? Illinois would be awesome for me, because I'm from there. That's exciting to hear!

Do you know if the locations in Illinois would be for both third and fourth year rotations? Illinois would be awesome for me, because I'm from there. That's exciting to hear!
I'm not sure how long of a rotation it would be, I'll have to get back to you on that. But seriously, don't worry about it at all. I think the current 2nd years will have the most shuffling around, but by the time that we get into the 3rd year, they will have it worked out. I have spoken to several employees at the school as well, and you can tell that they are very on top of things. This school wasn't just made on a whim. They know what they're about, and strive to be one of the best options out there. I'm really stoked to be heading to Lynchburg in the summer.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else concerned about clerkships?

Who told you they do not have clerkships? So far as I know there is currently a sufficient number of clerkship positions available to accommodate 3rd and 4th year students, so it is a non-issue.

They are still working on gaining more clerkship positions, but this is mainly for flexibility and to expand spots for students who want to go out of state, potentially closer to home.

St. Anthony's in Effingham, IL.

For the immunization form that has to be signed by a healthcare provider, how are you guys making appointments for this? I already have all my forms so do I just call up a provider to sign it? Sorry, stupid question I know...:oops::p

Interviewing on the 24th! Any idea of how many seats have been taken? Worried I might be a bit late. :/

Interviewing on the 24th! Any idea of how many seats have been taken? Worried I might be a bit late. :/

For my class at least, many of my friends were accepted from late interviews like January and so on so there's still hope!

For the immunization form that has to be signed by a healthcare provider, how are you guys making appointments for this? I already have all my forms so do I just call up a provider to sign it? Sorry, stupid question I know...:oops::p

Not a stupid question in my opinion, I would like to know this as well!

For the immunizations, I called up student health and had them fax over my immunization records to my physician. I now have an appointment with my physician to get whatever shots im missing.

Interviewing tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Finished interviewing today. Love the place, the people, and the mission. Hoping to hear back from them soon!

ACCEPTED! Finally! What a wonderful day! I swear the air smells sweeter and the sun looks brighter!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys I have an interview coming up and I was wondering if you have any advice. I'm really excited for LUCOM! I hope to see some of you there :)

Hey guys I have an interview coming up and I was wondering if you have any advice. I'm really excited for LUCOM! I hope to see some of you there :)
Just relax and be yourself. The interview is really like a conversation. I was expecting some ethical questions due to the Christian leanings of the school but this was not the case. I was given a scenario and it went something like "what would you do in a situation where...". I gave my honest view and that's all they were looking for. Enjoy the day! The campus is great and so are the students and staff.

Congratulations! When do you interview? PM me if you have any more questions, I'd love to help you out.

i'm waiting to hear back from them about acceptances. i was in the group who interviewed on the 13th, right after the admissions committee had met, so we have to wait an extra week because of thanksgiving (that's what admissions told us). i'm dying to know. this is my first choice school.

Last edited:
Interviewing 12/11! Anyone have any pro-tips? Excited about this one, it lines up perfectly with my personal values and the reasons I want to practice medicine!

Interviewing 12/11! Anyone have any pro-tips? Excited about this one, it lines up perfectly with my personal values and the reasons I want to practice medicine!
Send me a PM

Does this school silent reject pre-secondary? I submitted my app here several months ago, but never got a secondary. I'm wondering if this was an oversight and if I should call? Thanks

Just relax and be yourself. The interview is really like a conversation. I was expecting some ethical questions due to the Christian leanings of the school but this was not the case. I was given a scenario and it went something like "what would you do in a situation where...". I gave my honest view and that's all they were looking for. Enjoy the day! The campus is great and so are the students and staff.

I agree that the interview was very relaxed and conversational, however I did get some ethical questions along with scenarios so just be prepared for whatever because it will probably depend the on the interviewer. Good luck!

Does this school silent reject pre-secondary? I submitted my app here several months ago, but never got a secondary. I'm wondering if this was an oversight and if I should call? Thanks
yes, they reject pre-secondary. but you should have gotten an email if you were rejected.