Liberty University (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone heard back from January 20th interviews? I got a call like 3 weeks ago stating I will receive my decision in 2 weeks(apparently they were running behind).. nothing still silent rejection?
I know they were closed last week and had events the previous week. I think we just have to be patient. If you don't hear this week give them a ring !

Members don't see this ad.

anyone heard back from January 20th interviews? I got a call like 3 weeks ago stating I will receive my decision in 2 weeks(apparently they were running behind).. nothing still silent rejection?
I do not think they do silent rejections here. They told me the same thing, I think they are very delayed because of the storm.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call!!!! Accepted!!!!! Can't wait to be a part of this school!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted last night - also interviewed Jan 30th

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed the 27... no calls yet :( I wonder what their process is

I applied about a month ago, but have not received a secondary. wtf???

Interviewed on Feb. 3rd. Waitlisted. Anybody know how much movement they had last year on their wait list? :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on Feb. 3rd. Waitlisted. Anybody know how much movement they had last year on their wait list? :xf:
They take a lot off there wait list, said usually half of the wait list gets an offer. What they told us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Their website says that in order to have a realistic chance for admission, one has to apply before December. Are they talking about primary or secondary application?

ACCEPTED!! can't wait to meet my future classmates!! ... I know the general response is a big "N-O, don't do it, enjoy your last summer off!!" but is anyone pre-studying this summer? If so, what?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Their website says that in order to have a realistic chance for admission, one has to apply before December. Are they talking about primary or secondary application?
I sent in my primary beginning of November, heard back with a secondary invite 5 days later, and sent in my secondary beginning of December. I think I got my ii end of December. They are very prompt and still interviewing, so it couldn't hurt to try!

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!! can't wait to meet my future classmates!! ... I know the general response is a big "N-O, don't do it, enjoy your last summer off!!" but is anyone pre-studying this summer? If so, what?
Cant wait to meet everyone as well! I have started to review some of my old biochemistry just as a refresher. =D That is about it

Congrats. If you want to prestudy do biochem. It is a major component of the first block. Also immunology. If you come in solid on those two you won't get buried and will have a chance to get adjusted

Interviewed today, and let me start by saying, do NOT read SDN before going to this school. I had all this crap in my head beforehand, and I've never felt so differently about a school after interview day. Simply put, this school is AWESOME. The faculty here is just... There isn't a word in the English dictionary to describe how amazing these guys are. James Cook is the GOAT. Most comedic and the coolest Admission's Director I've ever seen. He KNEW everyones names at the interview. That itself was super impressive. Because of him and the staff, I can say this was the most relaxing interview I've ever had. Beyond that, the twist that Mr. Cook had towards the end of the day was the most humbling experience I've had at an interview. They know they get bashed since they are the new kids on the block, but they don't care because they have a strong vision of where this school is going to go. I'm 1 million percent sure this school is going to go places and produce some elite physicians.
I cannot wait to hear back from this school. Facilities are amazing, people here are amazing. Amazing. Trust me, you won't know this school until you actually visit and spend the day.

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats. If you want to prestudy do biochem. It is a major component of the first block. Also immunology. If you come in solid on those two you won't get buried and will have a chance to get adjusted

YUP. 100% correct. Read that immuno book lol it will overwhelm you. Oh ... and the krebs cycle. Know it like the back of your hand. lol

Interviewed today, and let me start by saying, do NOT read SDN before going to this school. I had all this crap in my head beforehand, and I've never felt so differently about a school after interview day. Simply put, this school is AWESOME. The faculty here is just... There isn't a word in the English dictionary to describe how amazing these guys are. James Cook is the GOAT. Most comedic and the coolest Admission's Director I've ever seen. He KNEW everyones names at the interview. That itself was super impressive. Because of him and the staff, I can say this was the most relaxing interview I've ever had. Beyond that, the twist that Mr. Cook had towards the end of the day was the most humbling experience I've had at an interview. They know they get bashed since they are the new kids on the block, but they don't care because they have a strong vision of where this school is going to go. I'm 1 million percent sure this school is going to go places and produce some elite physicians.
I cannot wait to hear back from this school. Facilities are amazing, people here are amazing. Amazing. Trust me, you won't know this school until you actually visit and spend the day.

We love it here :D

Anyone know when we will hear back from the school? I interviewed on Tuesday, Feb. 17th...

YUP. 100% correct. Read that immuno book lol it will overwhelm you. Oh ... and the krebs cycle. Know it like the back of your hand. lol
The immuno book on the OMS-1 book list? never taken biochem or immuno, already nervous:help:

The immuno book on the OMS-1 book list? never taken biochem or immuno, already nervous:help:
Relax and enjoy your time off :) worry about immuno when it actually comes. Take a vacation...enjoy freedom! ;)

Primary, I applied with my primary 12/4, and I agree that sending a primary later than that is pretty much asking for a waitlist spot at best.

They did pull from the waitlist until two weeks before orientation last year. Apply!

Anyone know how rank is done here, and how clinical's are graded? I am having trouble figuring it out.

Anyone know how rank is done here, and how clinical's are graded? I am having trouble figuring it out.
I am emailing around to find out and Ill let you know :)

I am emailing around to find out and Ill let you know :)
TY, I sent James a message too on his SDN. Man I asked so many questions on interview day, but I forgot the answer to this one (I am sure I was told). Anyway, I thought a general post would maybe get a answer.

Ok :) I just got a response from my email. Core rotations are graded 100%-70% (obviously anything less is a failing grade) and electives are pass/fail. Hope that helps!

TY, it is helpful, that is simular to a lot of other programs. The idea of having a "grade" on a clinical is kind of silly to me, what makes a student a 70 or a 100? Idk but I guess I will get to find out.

You email didnt happen to mention if there are shelp(spelling?) exams (or simular) at the end of each rotation(I feel like I was told there are)? And do you know the split on grade?

Yes there are exams at the end of the rotation

Being wait listed is the longest journey ever lol, but at least we have a little hope!
patience-meme.jpg

Does anybody else know that the struggle is real?

Reactions: 7 users
patience-meme.jpg

Does anybody else know that the struggle is real?

I took up yoga in the meantime, but I have been secluding myself from being a normal 21 year-old..... I have no idea why, I hope I get to be myself again really soon. :(:xf: We got this though, we will get through these next few months together! :thumbup:

Wow. Just got rejected by way of phone.
Stats: 3.91 gpa and 29 MCAT.

I thought I did well on the interview as well...

Yeah. They are confusing with what they want.

Ditto. Super surprised and kind of mad.
Thousands of hours of community ec's
29, 3.4ug, 3.9grad

If you send a polite email, they should say why. Then you can use that info to improve on your next interview.

If you send a polite email, they should say why. Then you can use that info to improve on your next interview.
I sent Barry an email for an explanation.
I thought my interview went well, so I don't really think there could be much room for improvement as the interview was more so to get to know me as a person. My volunteer work is above average and I had solid letters of recommendations as well. Maybe the school was questioning my faith (I grew up in a buddhist family, but I respect all faiths and religions), I don't know...

I sent Barry an email for an explanation.
I thought my interview went well, so I don't really think there could be much room for improvement as the interview was more so to get to know me as a person. My volunteer work is above average and I had solid letters of recommendations as well. Maybe the school was questioning my faith (I grew up in a buddhist family, but I respect all faiths and religions), I don't know...
There are Buddhists in my class so I don't think its that. I hope you get a quick response :/ best of luck with the other schools! With your stats you should have several offers

I interviewed almost a month ago (end of January) and still haven't heard back... I have called and emailed but still haven't heard from them. Should I assume this a silent rejection? I am not really sure what to think. Thanks!!

I interviewed almost a month ago (end of January) and still haven't heard back... I have called and emailed but still haven't heard from them. Should I assume this a silent rejection? I am not really sure what to think. Thanks!!
They don't do silent rejections. It's possible with all of the delays in decisions because of weather, they have not gotten to you yet. Or they might have outdated contact info. I would send another email to check in.

Hmm okay. I called yesterday and sent my email recently so I know they have all my contact info. I guess they are just running late but I know people who interviewed with me that have already heard back so I'm not really sure what's going on. But thank you!

I think the storm has delayed a Lot of decisions. I am sorry to hear about the rejections. I know what those are like, especially if you thought the interveiw went well. Keep your head up guys, you will get something, God has a plan for you...