Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my phone call. Good luck to everyone else that interviewed this week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So, I applied back in November and I haven't heard a peep from them since. Do they do silent rejections or do they just take a while to review everything?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I applied back in November and I haven't heard a peep from them since. Do they do silent rejections or do they just take a while to review everything?

Call them to find out.

Can anyone tell me about how long it took to receive your acceptance letter in the mail after your phonecall? It's been about week for me.

Can anyone tell me about how long it took to receive your acceptance letter in the mail after your phonecall? It's been about week for me.
Are you dying to pay that $1250 as soon as possible? ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So only one person has got a phone call from last weeks interviews? Is this a bad sign for those who haven't yet or should I worry after the end of today?

So only one person has got a phone call from last weeks interviews? Is this a bad sign for those who haven't yet or should I worry after the end of today?
Has anyone from the last week of interviews heard anything?

Could any current DCOM student enrolled in the DO/MBA program message me?

I interviewed last Friday, and still no call.
Well either its just quiet here and no one has been reporting or they haven't made many calls from last weeks group of interviews. Here's hoping for the best for the weekend or Monday.

I'm thinking that you guys will hear back on tomorrow and Monday. I am not 100% sure, but I believe I saw on here that the dean made some calls on a Saturday. So keep the hopes up guys! ;)

I'm thinking that you guys will hear back on tomorrow and Monday. I am not 100% sure, but I believe I saw on here that the dean made some calls on a Saturday. So keep the hopes up guys! ;)
Yep keeping the fingers crossed for the lucky ones.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, just as a final check... I'm coming with my wife and two little kids, but my cost of living estimate is the same as a single student sharing an apartment with multiple people. I will be accepting the full amount offered, but it may not be enough to get us through the month without my wife working (she really wants to stay home with our kids). We've been told that as a student, I'm not allowed to accept any funding beyond what the school says my cost of living is... Not even a private loan or anything. Is this true? Am I not allowed to go out to a bank or credit union and get a private loan on my own? That seems messed up.

Ok, just as a final check... I'm coming with my wife and two little kids, but my cost of living estimate is the same as a single student sharing an apartment with multiple people. I will be accepting the full amount offered, but it may not be enough to get us through the month without my wife working (she really wants to stay home with our kids). We've been told that as a student, I'm not allowed to accept any funding beyond what the school says my cost of living is... Not even a private loan or anything. Is this true? Am I not allowed to go out to a bank or credit union and get a private loan on my own? That seems messed up.

Contact Pat Peace. She's is the go to person on all things loan and financial. She'll be able to give you definite answers.

So far I've received masters acceptances from barry, usf, pcom, mississippi college. Does anyone know if lincoln memorial offers just interviews or automatic acceptances to their med school for their SMP students that perform well in their program.

So far I've received masters acceptances from barry, usf, pcom, mississippi college. Does anyone know if lincoln memorial offers just interviews or automatic acceptances to their med school for their SMP students that perform well in their program.

To my understanding, they only receive interviews; however, I believe the acceptance rate is 90-100%. Someone who went through the program may have better insight.

ok thank you for your input hopefully someone who went through that program can message me. From my understanding if you are in good standing its a good chance your getting accepted.

Is there anyone out there who got accepted without having their undergrad education complete? Also how do they view community college credits

Is there anyone out there who got accepted without having their undergrad education complete? Also how do they view community college credits

I have already finished my degree, but I believe LMU requires admitted students finish a bachelors before matriculation.

I have already finished my degree, but I believe LMU requires admitted students finish a bachelors before matriculation.
Actually I think the technical retirement is 90 credit hours. I will have my degree complete by matriculation but not by interview time. Does anyone think this could be a problem combined with the community college credits? I have 3.8sgpa and 3.8cgpa. I will take the mcat in july

Actually I think the technical retirement is 90 credit hours. I will have my degree complete by matriculation but not by interview time. Does anyone think this could be a problem combined with the community college credits? I have 3.8sgpa and 3.8cgpa. I will take the mcat in july

My acceptance letter says you need to finish a degree, not 90 hours. So the technical requirement is graduation. I interviewed before I graduated.

If you can finish with a 3.8 and get a 28+ I wouldn't worry about DO schools, unless you want to remain in a certain area. But LMU is close enough to a couple of MD schools so that shouldn't be an issue.

My acceptance letter says you need to finish a degree, not 90 hours. So the technical requirement is graduation. I interviewed before I graduated.

If you can finish with a 3.8 and get a 28+ I wouldn't worry about DO schools, unless you want to remain in a certain area. But LMU is close enough to a couple of MD schools so that shouldn't be an issue.
Great! Thank you for replying!

I was a part of the post-bac program. They've changed the program since I was in it, so things might be different but when I was going through it, there were around 42 people and everyone but 3 got in (some were waitlisted at the beginning but eventually pulled off). The workload seems to have gotten harder this year since it's a master's program now so it might be more competitive. I know there were people this year that weren't even granted interviews==this did NOT happen the year I was in the program. The class size for the master's program is also bigger, but from what I've heard it seems that almost everyone with at least a B average was accepted.

Waitlisted from 2/21 interview. Past two years have had about 60 people come off the waitlist. Hopefully I'm one of them. Good luck y'all and congratulations to everyone accepted.

I have classmates that do NOT have an undergraduate degree. It would definitely be to your advantage to complete it, but it is not an absolute requirement. Probably a very small number of people without an undergrad degree here. As for community college credits, I did every med school pre-req at a community college and it wasn't a problem. I can't speak for MD schools, because I never had any interest in applying to them.

I have classmates that do NOT have an undergraduate degree. It would definitely be to your advantage to complete it, but it is not an absolute requirement. Probably a very small number of people without an undergrad degree here. As for community college credits, I did every med school pre-req at a community college and it wasn't a problem. I can't speak for MD schools, because I never had any interest in applying to them.
I wonder if it was a recent change considering my acceptance letter explicitly states my acceptance is hinging on degree completion before matriculation.

I wonder if it was a recent change considering my acceptance letter explicitly states my acceptance is hinging on degree completion before matriculation.

Don't think there's been a change. The verbiage on the admissions page still states at least 75% of your bachelor's completed. Your acceptance letter will have details pertinent to your particular file. For example, I was still completing Physics II and Organic II when I was accepted so my letter said "This offer is contingent upon the successful completion of four hours of physics and four hours of organic chemistry..."

I am sure this has been asked already, but I haven't been able to find an answer in this forum. To pay my matriculation fee, is there a way to do this over the phone, on the internet, or do I just have to send in a check? Thanks in advance for any information!!

Don't think there's been a change. The verbiage on the admissions page still states at least 75% of your bachelor's completed. Your acceptance letter will have details pertinent to your particular file. For example, I was still completing Physics II and Organic II when I was accepted so my letter said "This offer is contingent upon the successful completion of four hours of physics and four hours of organic chemistry..."
Thanks for the information. It's interesting, because I had already finished my degree by the time I got my letter and LMU was aware of that. The contingency statement came off as a standardized thing. In fact I believe it was mentioned at my interview as well. But if the admissions page states 75% I would go with that.

I am sure this has been asked already, but I haven't been able to find an answer in this forum. To pay my matriculation fee, is there a way to do this over the phone, on the internet, or do I just have to send in a check? Thanks in advance for any information!!
I sent a check, but I recommend you call. It took about a month from the time I sent the check to when it was finally pulled out of my account. My fiance called and it was taken out of the account within a few days.

Thanks for the information. It's interesting, because I had already finished my degree by the time I got my letter and LMU was aware of that. The contingency statement came off as a standardized thing. In fact I believe it was mentioned at my interview as well. But if the admissions page states 75% I would go with that.
Youre probably right about that part being some kind of generic statement then. I doubled checked with my classmate that does not have a Bachelors to make sure and the 75% is still in effect.

You can call and pay with a credit card, then you'll get a receipt in the mail. Thats what I did.

I wish I knew that before sending a check...
I understand. I called and spoke to the admissions people to ask about it before sending a check, and was given the option to pay with cc. When did you send it in?

I understand. I called and spoke to the admissions people to ask about it before sending a check, and was given the option to pay with cc. When did you send it in?

I mailed the check off on 2/27, and I had it certified. Did they charge you any sort of processing fees for paying with CC?

I mailed the check off on 2/27, and I had it certified. Did they charge you any sort of processing fees for paying with CC?
Ah ok. Nope, no processing fee or nothing. I just thought it was more convenient for me to pay with my cc.

I have been put on the wait list and know that they could call anytime between late April-July. However, when are the largest portion of calls made for people on the wait list? How many people are usually on the wait list?