Michigan State University (MSUCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As someone has already answered, those are the dates, MD and DO, respectively. I was actually told, by the office at Wayne, that most of the waitlist movement actually occurs in the first two weeks of May as the date passes and they immediately start to send out acceptances from the waitlist so that they can have plenty of time to prepare.

Thank you !

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted yesterday. Email sent in the afternoon. Complete since Late August. IS/24/3.5 tons of shadowing and volunteering and work experience.

Does anybody know if the waitlist is ranked? What are the chances of being accepted from the waitlist? Does the time MSUCOM placed you on the waitlist (ie October vs March) correlate to where you are ranked?

I'd really love to go here, just assessing my REALISTIC odds.

Does anybody know if the waitlist is ranked? What are the chances of being accepted from the waitlist? Does the time MSUCOM placed you on the waitlist (ie October vs March) correlate to where you are ranked?

When were you wait listed? It was mentioned earlier that they do rank the waitlist

I do believe that the waitlist is indeed ranked, most of them are; however, you can't really give stats on what your chances are going to be. It will vary from year to year, and without knowing where you personally are on the waitlist, it's basically just a shot in the dark. I also believe that there is definitely a difference in where you rank versus October to March, but I'm just making this assumption based on the fact that they have rolling admissions. Early bird gets the worm and all that jazz. Might not be the case, but could be. That was the only question I really wasn't sure on, so don't take my word for it. lol.

I do believe that the waitlist is indeed ranked, most of them are; however, you can't really give stats on what your chances are going to be. It will vary from year to year, and without knowing where you personally are on the waitlist, it's basically just a shot in the dark. I also believe that there is definitely a difference in where you rank versus October to March, but I'm just making this assumption based on the fact that they have rolling admissions. Early bird gets the worm and all that jazz. Might not be the case, but could be. That was the only question I really wasn't sure on, so don't take my word for it. lol.
One of my friends who just went on the April visit told me they said waitlist date doesn't matter but I'll ask when I go to the May visit

It's very puzzling how we've yet to hear someone getting off the wait list at this point in the cycle

maybe not on sdn, but possibly people who arent on here have heard.

It's very puzzling how we've yet to hear someone getting off the wait list at this point in the cycle

Wait, I could have sworn we heard of someone getting off of the waitlist? I'm pretty sure they posted back a while ago. They were waitlisted around October and got in maybe around late march/early april.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, I could have sworn we heard of someone getting off of the waitlist? I'm pretty sure they posted back a while ago. They were waitlisted around October and got in maybe around late march/early april.

I'm too lazy to look back, but he's right

I believe the individual was D.O./PhD and was thereby considered under different circumstances

Accepted off the waitlist today.

Waitlisted early February, applied early November.

I wish you guys all the best of luck and hope to see you matriculating.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist today.

Waitlisted early February, applied early November.

I wish you guys all the best of luck and hope to see you matriculating.

Mike190, This is great news, time to celebrate!! SO happy to see some waitlist movement! I was also waitlisted early Feb, I hope to have the same fate as you, fingers crossed. Do you mind sharing your stats for those of us lingering for hope :)

I don't mind sharing.
I got the call earlier this morning.
I hesitate to give stats because I feel like the numbers are just a small part of the application... Lots of life experience

Last edited:
Waitlisted back in March. Not sure how it works...I see above that someone asked about ranking...I was wondering the same thing. Fingers crossed but not feeling too confident :-/

does anyone remember the time for the may 7th visit ?

They're usually done around 4pm. Since the student-led tour is the last part of the visit, it just depends a bit on how many questions you have!
Alright thank you for the info

Any other Canadians on the waiting list? The e-mail indicated that we'd hear back by May 1st to allow for potential student visa arrangements. I'm assuming it's a busy time hence the delay, but just wondering if any other Canadians have received news.

Withdrawing my seat ay DMC today. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone hear anything today? I don't know if Thursday's and Fridays are important anymore.

My co-worker was accepted yesterday

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, business casual is typical. I believe there will be 20-some of you guys there. Us students are all on a (much needed) break, so it should be pretty quiet around Fee!

And hot as balls. Today was uncomfortable

For those of you going to the open house today, will you let us know if they give any info about the waitlist ?? It would be greatly appreciated :)

For those of you going to the open house today, will you let us know if they give any info about the waitlist ?? It would be greatly appreciated :)

The only new info I got was that this year has seen lower movement so far. Also that after the class is established the committee goes over the remaining waisted applicants for consideration for the following year. Katherine Ruger said it's usually 5-10 people from the wait list get admittance offers for the following year

Any new news on withdraws or acceptances here. I know there's a lot of SDN lurkers but all of us waitlisted peeps are eager to see if there's any movement here.

Any new news on withdraws or acceptances here. I know there's a lot of SDN lurkers but all of us waitlisted peeps are eager to see if there's any movement here.

From the looks of it there hasn't been much movement so far based solely on what's on here. This is a bit depressing since it seems the greatest amount of movement occurs in the first couple weeks of May.

We have a couple more weeks so let's not give up hope. June third Will be the absolute last day

Reactions: 1 users
Did they mention somewhere that June 3 is the last day?
They said that at the last tour. On that day they review the wait list and see who they will offer a spot in next years class