Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just go to online.midwestern.edu and then on the bottom right click account setup --> applicant account. Then put in your AACOMAS ID for student ID. Then you can access everything. Hope this helps.

Sweet I just did it. I take it that if they found my information that I was going to get a secondary anyway? I dont want to fill this thing out when I'm not supposed to.

Sweet I just did it. I take it that if they found my information that I was going to get a secondary anyway? I dont want to fill this thing out when I'm not supposed to.

Same boat my friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they send out a secondary if your LORs aren't uploaded yet? Thanks. :xf:

yes, when you go to online.midwestern.edu and log in you will see that when they get your letters they will mark them as received and when you finish your secondary that will be marked as received. Both are independent events but your file will not be complete until they get both of those items from you. So you should log on to that website as soon as you can to get things going.

yes, when you go to online.midwestern.edu and log in you will see that when they get your letters they will mark them as received and when you finish your secondary that will be marked as received. Both are independent events but your file will not be complete until they get both of those items from you. So you should log on to that website as soon as you can to get things going.

I wonder what they would do with LORs sent out before they received the primary application. I think my pre-health advisor sent all my LOR nearly a month ago. Any thoughts?

Do you think both Midwesterns (AZ and Chicago) will have the same secondaries? Other than perhaps why AZCOM and why CCOM?

That's the only difference. Plus you have to pay the $50 for both schools.

I wonder what they would do with LORs sent out before they received the primary application. I think my pre-health advisor sent all my LOR nearly a month ago. Any thoughts?

They start filing all documents sent by you/on your behalf, regardless of order. You should call to ensure they have everything if it isn't marked as recieved on the portal.

Thank you for this. I never received an email but my secondary for AZCOM was available! Hope to submit by tomorrow.

Anybody actually received an email yet?

Thanks for answering about LORs. Can I ask how long it took until you were able to log in? When did you submit AACOMAS and when did Midwestern actually receive it?

I received one from CCOM yesterday. I went into the app today at online.midwestern.edu and had a secondary from AZCOM aswell (which wasn't there yesterday).

Same... do you think it's OK to complete even though they didn't actually email us an invite yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent admissions an email asking what we are all trying to figure out.....no response yet but I will let you know when I do.

I called. They said wait for an email invitation and that they haven't even started to look at anything yet.

I called. They said wait for an email invitation and that they haven't even started to look at anything yet.

Beat me to it. +1 for the info though ive been wondering this.

Well if the applications have been added to our accounts automatically by their system, it probably means they're going to be sending secondary email invites soon...

Well if the applications have been added to our accounts automatically by their system, it probably means they're going to be sending secondary email invites soon...

Ya she did say we should probably hear back within the next few weeks.

From last year's experience, the information in the account led emails by days to weeks. If it is in your account, filling it out should be okay. If you want to be safe, you can wait, but I doubt this is needed. it wasn't last year.

Anyone know if they send out a secondary if your LORs aren't uploaded yet? Thanks. :xf:

Yes, but it isn't considered complete (and therefore not reviewed by the school) until the LORs are in.

Can someone remind me about AZCOM's teaching style... they have there classes set up in blocks right? Mostly lecture based but with PBL groups also?

When I visited the campus it seemed like most people were in business casual.... The scrub color is determined by school i.e. Dental students wear pink and medical blue

Update guys! I emailed midwestern asking if I was allowed to fill out the secondary. They said yes and that there has been a glitch in their email. I suggest you guys contact them and see if you all are allowed to do the same

Update guys! I emailed midwestern asking if I was allowed to fill out the secondary. They said yes and that there has been a glitch in their email. I suggest you guys contact them and see if you all are allowed to do the same

Thank you! :thumbup:

Hi all,

My application is currently under review for the Post-Bacc year at MWU-Glendale (Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences.) Some Post-Bacc programs guarantee an interview to their DO program if you maintain a certain GPA during your post-bac year and have a certain MCAT score. I haven't been able to find anything like this on MWU Glendale's website. Does anyone know if they have some kind of affiliation (official or unofficial) like that? I know when I visited LECOM, I was told by two admissions officers you are guaranteed an interview if you maintain a GPA above 3.0 in their post-bacc program, yet this is not actually publicized on their website. Any hearsay on increased chances of getting an interview at AZCOM if you do well in their Post-Bacc?

Hi all,

My application is currently under review for the Post-Bacc year at MWU-Glendale (Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences.) Some Post-Bacc programs guarantee an interview to their DO program if you maintain a certain GPA during your post-bac year and have a certain MCAT score. I haven't been able to find anything like this on MWU Glendale's website. Does anyone know if they have some kind of affiliation (official or unofficial) like that? I know when I visited LECOM, I was told by two admissions officers you are guaranteed an interview if you maintain a GPA above 3.0 in their post-bacc program, yet this is not actually publicized on their website. Any hearsay on increased chances of getting an interview at AZCOM if you do well in their Post-Bacc?

PMed you :thumbup: :)

Anybody use virtual evals to upload your LORs? If so have they appeared as received by the school yet? Also I filled out the CCOM secondary already, is it safe to fill out the AZCOM one without an invite? Ive been waiting for awhile now to fill it out but none of my friends have gotten an email from AZCOM yet to start the secondary.

sounds good submitting today!

Did anyone get a secondary invite email, or do you just go on their website and fill it out without the email?

Did anyone get a secondary invite email, or do you just go on their website and fill it out without the email?
They are having issues with sending out the e-mails, but it is ok to go ahead and fill it out. go to online.midwestern.edu and fill it out. All of my stuff is marked as received as of today.

They are having issues with sending out the e-mails, but it is ok to go ahead and fill it out. go to online.midwestern.edu and fill it out. All of my stuff is marked as received as of today.

I wonder how much such a simple web page might cost for schools' admissions? This is bad service to their customers.:cool:

I wonder how much such a simple web page might cost for schools' admissions? This is bad service to their customers.:cool:

Med schools don't have customers. We need them more than they need us.

Med schools don't have customers. We need them more than they need us.

But they make so much money off all the people who pay the app fees and don't get in or all the people that pay the acceptance deposit and then go somewhere else!

Got an email saying I was complete this morning.

The secondary showed up in my portal today and a few hours later they sent an email saying to fill out.

Hopefully it means they've fixed the glitches the had earlier and more people will start getting them

The questions for AZCOM and CCOM are pretty much the same. Would it be a bad idea to use the same essays for the "Why we should accept you into this year's class" question? Would AZCOM and CCOM each see that you used the same essay, or do they not see applications sent to the other school?

The questions for AZCOM and CCOM are pretty much the same. Would it be a bad idea to use the same essays for the "Why we should accept you into this year's class" question? Would AZCOM and CCOM each see that you used the same essay, or do they not see applications sent to the other school?

As I understand it, they have separate admissions committees and therefore would NOT see the letters from both schools at each one. I'd copy and paste, then change a few things making it more specific to the individual school.

Do you guys have any suggestions regarding what to write for "Why pick us?"

I'm struggling to find anything useful/interesting to write about.