Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The rumor is that they meet on the last Wednesday of each month, so tomorrow. Don't quote me on that, but I heard it from students on campus.
Cool, thanks for the info be it true or not

Members don't see this ad.

I just received my acceptance email a couple of minutes ago. My portal accepted student checklist has also been updated. I interviewed 9/23. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
I just received my acceptance email a couple of minutes ago. My portal accepted student checklist has also been updated. I interviewed 9/23. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! What were your stats? And IS or OOS?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted :)

Thrilled, great program

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats all you recent acceptees!!

Accepted!!! Today by email and admissions portal!! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted earlier yesterday. Lizzy M 69-70. Found out half an hour before an interview at another school.

They talked about a symptom-based approach to education at the interview that really interested me. Could a current student elaborate about this? I cannot find anything on CCOM's website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday!! Just interviewed last Friday, so I'm really surprised at how fast they got back to us.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on your acceptances guys! Anybody get II recently?? I've been complete since 8/9 but I haven't heard back yet... Is it too early to send an update letter?

I interviewed here last Friday. I was incredibly impressed with this school, awesome area and awesome environment.

I'm not sure if this has been previously addressed in the thread but apparently they make acceptance decisions around the last Wednesday of every month. Good luck everyone!

Accepted! I'm so excited!

I am pretty sure they make acceptance decisions the last Wednesday of the month. I interviewed here on the 27th of September, a Tuesday, and got my acceptance on Thursday, September 29. I was surprised by the quick turnaround but it makes sense if they make all their acceptance decisions on the last Wednesday of the month.

Been complete since 7/7. How soon till I try to get the ball moving again? Or are they just putting me off till later? LizzyM of 65

They talked about a symptom-based approach to education at the interview that really interested me. Could a current student elaborate about this? I cannot find anything on CCOM's website.

First of all congrats on the acceptance! But to answer your question the symptom based approach really only applies to our Patient Symptom Presentation and Physical Exam Skills courses. They pretty much mirror each other. For example we did cough in PSP and chest examination in PES this week. As far as the non clinical courses they can't really keep it consistent like that. There's too much wide ranging material to make sure they're all covering the same topics. I'm happy to answer any other questions as well.

Congrats to all the acceptances! Anyone know the acceptance rate post interview?

Congrats to all the acceptances! Anyone know the acceptance rate post interview?

When you account for all acceptances (including the individuals accepted off of the waitlist), it's about 2/3. In the end, 600 interviews offered and 400 accepted

Submitted secondary today. Anyone know if they accept additional LOR's? One will be another science letter and the the other is a DO letter.

Do the letter writers send it? Or can we upload it to AACOMAS or Interfolio and send it directly to them?

I never used Interfolio, but I assume you'd be able to. The letter writer can also send them in. When I was waitlisted a couple years ago, I emailed two additional letters as PDFs

I never used Interfolio, but I assume you'd be able to. The letter writer can also send them in. When I was waitlisted a couple years ago, I emailed two additional letters as PDFs

Wait, so if I have access to my letter writers LOR and it has a letterhead and is signed, I can just send it to them myself have have it cc'ed to my letter writer's email? I'm guessing they would call to verify right?

Anyone interviewing on 10/17 that would want to check out the school and maybe grab a bite to eat the night before the interview?

Wait, so if I have access to my letter writers LOR and it has a letterhead and is signed, I can just send it to them myself have have it cc'ed to my letter writer's email? I'm guessing they would call to verify right?

Yeah, you can just send them over. In theory, they can call to verify it, but they probably won't. They didn't verify anything with mine at least. A lot of the application is on the honor code

Careful with this if you marked the box that waived your rights to read your letters.

Careful with this if you marked the box that waived your rights to read your letters.

Ehhh, maybe I'll send it when they ask. My LOR writer is ridiculously slow with sending the LOR (he already has it written) and I've emailed him like 5 times about it already. I also feel it is my strongest letter. Otherwise, my application is fully complete and now I'm waiting for an II decision.

Hmm. It may be different if the letter is required to make your app complete. I'm sorry man. I think I misunderstood. My PDF letters were sent with update letters well after my app was complete

Hmm. It may be different if the letter is required to make your app complete. I'm sorry man. I think I misunderstood. My PDF letters were sent with update letters well after my app was complete

Ohh, well in that case, since I'm fully complete I don't really have much to worry then in terms of updates right? I do want to send them my DO LOR once I receive it though.

Accepted! Surprised because I interviewed less than a week ago!

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected via snail mail this morning. Good luck to everyone else!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Does anyone who already interviewed know if we get an itinerary before the interview? Also, how was it? How long was the actual interview? Thanks!

You will get a layout of the day, as well as the names of your interviewers first thing when you wak in. The interviews range from 25-35 minutes. Mine was 25. Length has nothing to do with how much they like you.

You will get a layout of the day, as well as the names of your interviewers first thing when you wak in. The interviews range from 25-35 minutes. Mine was 25. Length has nothing to do with how much they like you.
Thanks! So there is only one interview or multiple?