Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete here mid July. Nothing yet. Hoping for some love here soon!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sure! About a 68 LizzyM and I've only heard back from WVU which I have an interview at on Friday. Still waiting to hear back from everywhere else about an II

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Thanks! Congrats on the II from WVU. I didn't have the focus to complete all their essays after 8 others so I put that app on hold :laugh:. Good luck with everything!

Sorry if this has been asked before but I wasn't able to find it. Does anyone have stats on number of interviews given vs. number of acceptances offered?

Reactions: 1 user
Finally heard back! Got an interview!

And BAH94, someone earlier said that they interview 600 and accept 200

Reactions: 1 users

well to be more specific, interview 600 accept around 400 for a class just over 200 i think IIRC

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone staying at the Comfort Inn or near the Yorktown center want to get together before tomorrow's interview?

Hey, guys. does anyone know what the acceptance procedure is for this school (how long after acceptance is offered until deposit is due, is deposit refundable, how much is the deposit...?)

And BAH94, someone earlier said that they interview 600 and accept 200[/QUOT//
I just got back from another interview and checked my portal, status went from "NO DECISION" to "INTERVIEW"; I have no interview date yet via email. Did you experience the same thing? My status changed via 9/14

Last year I believe there was 871 interview offers of which 263 accepted, for an ultimate class matriculation of 145 I believe.

Hey, guys. does anyone know what the acceptance procedure is for this school (how long after acceptance is offered until deposit is due, is deposit refundable, how much is the deposit...?)
They follow AACOMAS traffic guidelines. If you're accepted before November, you have until December. After December, you have a month. As it gets closer to school starting, you need to pay sooner.

Last year I believe there was 871 interview offers of which 263 accepted, for an ultimate class matriculation of 145 I believe.
That's incorrect. We have a class of ~200 people. I think they interview about 600 per cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
They follow AACOMAS traffic guidelines. If you're accepted before November, you have until December. After December, you have a month. As it gets closer to school starting, you need to pay sooner.

That's incorrect. We have a class of ~200 people. I think they interview about 600 per cycle.
Thanks for the correction!

How long does it take to hear back for interview dates, if my portal changed from "No decision"-->"Interview"? It was updated on 9/14; I was out of town until last night when I checked it. Should I wait for an email or email them directly? Thanks for the input!

II way back on August 31st. Late to posting on this thread! Does anyone know if they have a student host program? If not, I was thinking of staying in the local Comfort inn... looking for any further advice or comments!

Anyone know how many applicants are interviewed per interview day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know how many applicants are interviewed per interview day?

I spoke to a friend of mine who interviewed there last year. He said there were somewhere between 12-15 people.

Does anyone know if I need a parking permit for the day of the interview? I only live a few hours away from the school and will be driving. I didn't see anything about this in the travel guide provided.

Does anyone know if I need a parking permit for the day of the interview? I only live a few hours away from the school and will be driving. I didn't see anything about this in the travel guide provided.

Talked to a friend that interviewed there yesterday. The parking lot is gated. Just tell the attendant that you're interviewing and they will let you in.

I sent in my app to Midwestern a couple weeks ago and it still says my MCAT scores are not received. Anybody else have this problem

I was complete mid-July and didn't get an II until end of January. If you still haven't heard back after a few months, send an update letter. They like to see interest. N=1 but I got my II a couple weeks after I sent in my second update letter. CCOM doesn't do holds, so you're not out until you're rejected.

What would you write in your update email? I'm not sure what to say or how to say it? Thanks in advance!

What would you write in your update email? I'm not sure what to say or how to say it? Thanks in advance!
I just added what I was doing in my gap year in terms of patient hours and new trainings/certifications and continued work on a junior board of an organization I was involved in. I wrote it in a formal letter and email a PDF.

I just added what I was doing in my gap year in terms of patient hours and new trainings/certifications and continued work on a junior board of an organization I was involved in. I wrote it in a formal letter and email a PDF.
Thank you!!

Hey guys

Interviewed at this great school on 9/12. Any idea when the committee meets?

How are you guys planning on navigating the 65k tuition + cost of living? I have an interview here on the 17th and I'm debating withdrawing my invite. Heard its astronomically expensive.

How are you guys planning on navigating the 65k tuition + cost of living? I have an interview here on the 17th and I'm debating withdrawing my invite. Heard its astronomically expensive.

Loan money fam.. lol maybe a few scholarships or something too
TBH tuition shouldn't be a deciding factor unless you have multiple acceptances.

Already got accepted into my top school, the OOS tuition is too high for me, and I'm trying to cut back on II money now! :)
Loan money fam.. lol maybe a few scholarships or something too
TBH tuition shouldn't be a deciding factor unless you have multiple acceptances.

Ehh maybe but 100k+ a year is hard to swallow.

Ehh maybe but 100k+ a year is hard to swallow.

yeah but if I got accepted to 1 school, I am not caring about CoA. I would be happy to get in regardless lol.

yeah but if I got accepted to 1 school, I am not caring about CoA. I would be happy to get in regardless lol.

I guess your right mane

Hey guys

Interviewed at this great school on 9/12. Any idea when the committee meets?

The rumor is that they meet on the last Wednesday of each month, so tomorrow. Don't quote me on that, but I heard it from students on campus.