Official 2014-2015 ID Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an invitation for telephonic interview from St Louis U...Can anybody explain what may be the significance of this? Is this kind of screening? I never heard of phone IV in fellowship...thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

ID aspirant : you could ask the program coordinator.
The last time I heard of a screening phone IV was U South Dakota for residency training programs.....

Summary till 7/26 :

Wayne State/Detroit Medical Center
William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Georgetown/Wash Hosp Center
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU

Members don't see this ad :)
ID aspirant : you could ask the program coordinator.
The last time I heard of a screening phone IV was U South Dakota for residency training programs.....
Thank you Annamaria for ur input.....I'll call PC on Monday...anybody has any other thought?

they might be interested to know if location-wise you are considering them strongly. (if there is anything in the application that might suggest there might be any hesitation - lets say moving from east coast to west coast, vice versa)
maybe it has helped them limit the number of interviews in the past

they might be interested to know if location-wise you are considering them strongly. (if there is anything in the application that might suggest there might be any hesitation - lets say moving from east coast to west coast, vice versa)
maybe it has helped them limit the number of interviews in the past

Thank you Simon2bar for your response. I appreciate that....

Any more updates? I really only applied to programs in the Midwest and it seems like everything has gone quiet for now....

It has slowed down. Perhaps programs reviewing applications in batches ??
methinks it should pick up by end of this week.

7/28: U Washington

Some of the coastal stuff is happening, but it has indeed been very quiet in the Midwest...

Does everyone one have research experience? I decided quite late that I would pursue fellowship so don't have research apart from one poster which coincidentally was ID related. If research is not "one's cup of tea"can you still succeed in fellowship? Thanks

@mamagir
you better not mention a word about research 'not being your cup of tea' in any interviews
actually better come up with ideas about how to show them you re really interested in research
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard from good programs like Yale, Tulane, UAB, Brown, USF, Case, UPMC, BU...anybody. Also I applied to Memorial Sloan Kettering, and they havent downloaded my application yet. Has it happened to anybody else.

Summary hitherto :

William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU
U Wash
Nebraska
Iowa
Arkansas
AE Montefiore
UIC, chicago
Maryland
Baystate/Tufts

Adding Winthrop...

William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU
U Wash
Nebraska
Iowa
Arkansas
AE Montefiore
UIC, chicago
Maryland
Baystate/Tufts
Winthrop

Does everyone one have research experience? I decided quite late that I would pursue fellowship so don't have research apart from one poster which coincidentally was ID related. If research is not "one's cup of tea"can you still succeed in fellowship? Thanks
The more "academic" oriented a program is, the more heavily it will value research. In the competitive subspecialties, research is pretty much a pre-requisite for the serious programs and you have to sell people on your interest in a life of academia at their institution. In ID that's a little less true... someone from an academic program who does well during residency and shows an "interest" in research, regardless of whether they've actually done it, can go pretty far. Or so I've heard, anyway.

I can tell you that my (non-ID) PhD is turning out to be worth a heck of a lot more in the fellowship arena than it was for residency application.

7/29
Nebraska
UIC
7/30
Iowa
Med College of Wisconsin

Hi everyone, I konw some of you got IV from U of Washington, seattle...... Did anyone get rejection letter from them? I didn't hear from them yet...thanks

@ simon2bar and lifelong student, thanks for your input!

Hi everyone, I konw some of you got IV from U of Washington, seattle...... Did anyone get rejection letter from them? I didn't hear from them yet...thanks
I also haven't heard from them yet, no rejection letter. But I applied on 07/26.

UPMC Pittsburgh 07/31
The interview season has been ridiculously kind to me so far, and I should have no complaints whatsoever... but is it wrong to be little sad not to have gotten UPMC?

Well, I suppose it's not a "no," at least not yet.

8/1 Summary

William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU
U Wash
Nebraska
Iowa
Arkansas
AE Montefiore
UIC, chicago
Maryland
Baystate/Tufts
Winthrop
UPMC Pittsburgh
Kentucky Lexington

Quick question, since I just submitted my applications yesterday... are you actually able to tell when a program uploads your application? Does the "available to programs" date/time indicate that they have actually uploaded your application or just that all pieces are available for them to do so? Is there some other way to tell?

Thanks

I also haven't heard from them yet, no rejection letter. But I applied on 07/26.

Thank you MDRO for your response. If you dont mind, r u IMG or AMG? Do you require visa?

Although I didn't entirely figure out the answer to my question - I received interview invites from Penn and UNC today - so at least I know someone is seeing my applications!

Thanks and good luck

Although I didn't entirely figure out the answer to my question - I received interview invites from Penn and UNC today - so at least I know someone is seeing my applications!

Thanks and good luck
Guud IV calls.. I personally think if ADTS tells you the time and date opposite various documents, it means that program has downloaded your application. Guud luck

Thanks and good luck

Is that Milton Hershey/Penn State that you refer to? Thanks.

Did anybody has any experience/idea about Baystate/Tuft program? Thanks...

Baylor, Houston 08/01

Last edited:
End of the week summary :

William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU
U Wash
Nebraska
Iowa
Arkansas
AE Montefiore
UIC, chicago
Maryland
Baystate/Tufts
Winthrop
UPMC Pittsburgh
Kentucky Lexington
U Penn
UNC
St Johns Detroit
Baylor
Utah

The interview season has been ridiculously kind to me so far, and I should have no complaints whatsoever... but is it wrong to be little sad not to have gotten UPMC?

Well, I suppose it's not a "no," at least not yet.

U r really funny lifelong student !
Not really... I'm just from Pittsburgh.

Penn for me as well, 8/1. Congrats to all on the nice invites.

The name of Washington U, St Louis is not in the list of "Match report 2014". Does that mean that they offered prematch last year??? Does anybody has any idea??? what's forum's opinion about this? thanks....

Pretty quiet today...no invites anyone? Sorry ID aspirant no clue about your question but it does prompt one of mine. Does this mean some programs offer out of Match positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.