***Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone is interested. Originally had an interview for January 9th. Checked 5 mins ago and was able to reschedule late November. Keep checking!
Thanks so much! Just moved from 1/24 to 1/3!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone!
I'm going to have an interview in AZ Midwestern soon and I was wondering what kind of interviews they do? Any tips?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!
I'm going to have an interview in AZ Midwestern soon and I was wondering what kind of interviews they do? Any tips?
Thanks!

It's 2 Faculty and a D2. Just be yourself and pay attention to all of the stuff they talk about in the presentations and during the tour of the clinic.

It's a very long day alone and the interview is at the end, so just prepare yourself for that too.

Best of luck! I loved the school and the people I met!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
It's 2 Faculty and a D2. Just be yourself and pay attention to all of the stuff they talk about in the presentations and during the tour of the clinic.

It's a very long day alone and the interview is at the end, so just prepare yourself for that too.

Best of luck! I loved the school and the people I met!

Thanks! And I love your corgi profile picture! :)

Who is a head of admissions in Arizona Midwestern? I can't find that info on their website.

For those that already interview in September, how long does the interview go until? According to the email we are done at around 4:30. If my flight is at 5:20 can I make it, assuming that I already have my boarding pass? I think the school is 30 min from the Phoenix airport.

For those that already interview in September, how long does the interview go until? According to the email we are done at around 4:30. If my flight is at 5:20 can I make it, assuming that I already have my boarding pass? I think the school is 30 min from the Phoenix airport.

My flight is at 6:40pm and I hope I can make it on time too but I'm worried.

I think that's cutting it pretty close! We did get out at 4:30 when I interviewed it was literally all day and it's about 30 minutes from the airport assuming there's no traffic which there might be around the time you go. If it were me, I would schedule a later flight!

First year AZCOM student here, 2 months into classes! If anyone has any questions I can do my best to answer them. Good luck everybody, the odds may feel like they're against you but you can do it!

Did anyone get an email like mine what does that mean

The admissions committee for the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM) has put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation.

We expect to receive over 3,000 applications for CDM this year. It is very difficult to predict the competitiveness of the applicant pool throughout the interview cycle. CDM plans to begin interviewing applicants in August and finish the interview cycle in early spring. Your application will continue to be presented to the CDM admissions committee and may at some point receive an interview invitation. Your application was deemed to posses enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. It is however impossible to predict if or when an interview invitation might be offered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also a first year here. If y'all got questions, I/we're more than happy to answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an email like mine what does that mean

The admissions committee for the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM) has put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation.

We expect to receive over 3,000 applications for CDM this year. It is very difficult to predict the competitiveness of the applicant pool throughout the interview cycle. CDM plans to begin interviewing applicants in August and finish the interview cycle in early spring. Your application will continue to be presented to the CDM admissions committee and may at some point receive an interview invitation. Your application was deemed to posses enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result. It is however impossible to predict if or when an interview invitation might be offered.

I got the same thing! I just put in an application there last week and my supplement TWO DAYS ago. There's no way they've even looked at my application yet. What does this mean?

I got the same thing! I just put in an application there last week and my supplement TWO DAYS ago. There's no way they've even looked at my application yet. What does this mean?
It's kind of like a waitlist to be interviewed. They haven't decided to offer you an interview yet but they also haven't rejected you.

It's kind of like a waitlist to be interviewed. They haven't decided to offer you an interview yet but they also haven't rejected you.

How did they even put me on a waitlist already? I JUST submitted my application. Plus with a 25 AA and 3.7+ gpa, I don't think I should automatically be put on a waitlist.

I'm not too sure where to post this...
Does anybody have an interview on Dec 1st and want to split a hotel/Airbnb/transportation? I'm trying to save as much as I can on this process.

Did you guys bus/taxi/uber to the school?

I'm not too sure where to post this...
Does anybody have an interview on Dec 1st and want to split a hotel/Airbnb/transportation? I'm trying to save as much as I can on this process.

Did you guys bus/taxi/uber to the school?
I booked a hotel close to school so I could uber in the morning. Arrived early the day before and bus to the hotel. Took an uber to the airport after my interview but it was pretty pricey

How did they even put me on a waitlist already? I JUST submitted my application. Plus with a 25 AA and 3.7+ gpa, I don't think I should automatically be put on a waitlist.
Midwestern AZ gives out ALL of there pre-Dec interviews very early... very very early, not to be harsh but you applied about 2 months late. Im OOS and took a trip to tour their school, my supplement was complete Aug 1st and I was placed on the waitlist Aug 8th. When I toured their school in mid Aug I was told that every interview slot pre-dec had already been filled. With those stats you may hear back for a post Dec interview though, ha I wish I had those stats but I'm still hoping on a miracle... loved the school.

Midwestern AZ gives out ALL of there pre-Dec interviews very early... very very early, not to be harsh but you applied about 2 months late. Im OOS and took a trip to tour their school, my supplement was complete Aug 1st and I was placed on the waitlist Aug 8th. When I toured their school in mid Aug I was told that every interview slot pre-dec had already been filled. With those stats you may hear back for a post Dec interview though, ha I wish I had those stats but I'm still hoping on a miracle... loved the school.

So you're saying it's an automatic thing because they're full? Not because of my application

So you're saying it's an automatic thing because they're full? Not because of my application
Yes it means your stats make you a good option for an interview but they cant give you an interview yet because there aren't any pre dec spots left. Its both good and bad pretty much means your competitive but were pretty much at capacity for interviews... in my opinion you would of had an interview if you would of applied in june/july but you are still an option for post dec interviews...

Yes it means your stats make you a good option for an interview but they cant give you an interview yet because there aren't any pre dec spots left. Its both good and bad pretty much means your competitive but were pretty much at capacity for interviews... in my opinion you would of had an interview if you would of applied in june/july but you are still an option for post dec interviews...

Yeah, I applied in July for most my schools. Decided to add a few more schools last minute, including Midwestern. I don't even think they looked at my application since it was immediately after I submitted my supplement (2 days later).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I applied in July for most my schools. Decided to add a few more schools last minute, including Midwestern. I don't even they looked at my application since it was immediately after I submitted my supplement (2 days later).
I applied September 1st and was offered an interview from MWU about 2 weeks later. My interview is in early January though, so I believe I'll be fighting for fewer spots. I'm not sure how big of a difference it is for you having applied about a month after me.

I applied September 1st and was offered an interview from MWU about 2 weeks later. My interview is in early January though, so I believe I'll be fighting for fewer spots. I'm not sure how big of a difference it is for you having applied about a month after me.

Keep checking your portal to see if there is any earlier available date opens up. Last year I was able to move mine from late December to early November. Got accepted on December 1. Good luck! :)

My GPA was verified on 7/7 and I got the supplemental on 7/8. I got my interview invite on 7/15, same day my app was mailed out and interviewed in September. So for future reference, if you want a pre-December interview get your stuff together early otherwise by the time you apply there won't be any slots open till Jan/Feb

For those of us who applied later in the cycle, does the "waitlist to interview" email mean we'll eventually get a post-December interview (after people either accept/reject their offer) or is it just a straight up soft-rejection.

For those of us who applied later in the cycle, does the "waitlist to interview" email mean we'll eventually get a post-December interview (after people either accept/reject their offer) or is it just a straight up soft-rejection.
could mean either depending on your stats... looking at how many people got waitlisted my hope for an interview is slowly dying

This is a n00b question but how long do schools give you to decide to attend their school after offering admission? In particular how about MWU?

from what i heard, there not too many people get off the "waitlist to interview." They have to go through the whole alternate list (people that got interview and waitlisted) before they even look at "waitlist to interiew."

This is a n00b question but how long do schools give you to decide to attend their school after offering admission? In particular how about MWU?

Generally you have 30 days to put a deposit down on any schools that accepted you otherwise the acceptance gets rescinded. You can hold multiple acceptances until April 1st which is when schools get to see where you have put deposits down when they can maybe(?) rescind acceptances.

I booked a hotel close to school so I could uber in the morning. Arrived early the day before and bus to the hotel. Took an uber to the airport after my interview but it was pretty pricey
After one of my interview I was able to split the cab ride from the school to the airport with another interviewee. Just look for those people with a suitcase lol.

Moved interview up nearly 2 months to the 27th of this month!! Keep your eye out for earlier dates, friends. Anyone else have the 27th?

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Im from texas and was wondering if it would be okay to apply to MWU AZ now? I know its late but I just feel hopeless at this point.
stats
sgpa: 3.37 ogpa: 3.63
21/21/22/23/20
AA/TS/PAT/R/QR

Hi everyone
Im from texas and was wondering if it would be okay to apply to MWU AZ now? I know its late but I just feel hopeless at this point.
stats
sgpa: 3.37 ogpa: 3.63
21/21/22/23/20
AA/TS/PAT/R/QR
You have great stats! They aren't preferential to in state people, so give it a shot and keep your head up.

You have great stats! They aren't preferential to in state people, so give it a shot and keep your head up.

Thanks! You think I'd still have a shot at an interview?

Does this school offer many post December interviews?
been trying to get that answer for a long time... but from what I see they put a "huge" amount of people on the waitlist for interviews... I am one of them, haha slowly losing hope, starting to feel like a soft rejection.

Does this school offer many post December interviews?
I'm sure there's a decent amount since I saw dates going to the end of January when I was scheduling my interview.

Good luck to everyone that have interviews coming up! I had mine yesterday and honestly I was extremely impressed by the school. Be prepared for a long day!

Good luck to everyone that have interviews coming up! I had mine yesterday and honestly I was extremely impressed by the school. Be prepared for a long day!
Any insider secrets you want to share? Haha

Just decided to apply here today... how do you hear about a supplemental application? Also is the supplemental application lengthy? Thanks!

Just decided to apply here today... how do you hear about a supplemental application? Also is the supplemental application lengthy? Thanks!
They will email you. No, it's not bad.

They will email you. No, it's not bad.

Thanks! I was reading a ton about a portal? So I just wanted to make sure I was on top of things. I appreciate the reply

Thanks! I was reading a ton about a portal? So I just wanted to make sure I was on top of things. I appreciate the reply
Yes, they will give you a link to their portal!

Is there a place at Midwestern to store your luggage during the interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.