***Official NYU Class of 2015 Acceptance Thread***

Thank you healthcaree. We interviewed the same day. Did your interviewer tell you when it starts moving?

no, but i talked to dr.mejia after the interview and she said that they tend to wait until feb. 1st for anything to happen (app deadline). she said it really depends on what the adcom decides to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you. My friend, who is there in 3rd year, got the acceptance 1 week before classes began.

Hi everybody *waves*. Mailed my deposit earlier today. Ill see you all for orientation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone knows if the waitlist is moving?:confused::xf:

Last edited:
Yes I want one too. Lol. Any idea if there is a way to get application status update?

Hey, has anybody heard anything on the summer research program? I applied way back in the first week of January but all I received was an email of my application sent back to me. It seems like a great deal so I hope I get in.

Yes I want one too. Lol. Any idea if there is a way to get application status update?

Send an email in and ask for an update, they're pretty good about replying. I sent an email asking for an update back in december and got an interview invite not long after followed by an email confirming that my application was complete (yeah, the order of the emails had me confused too :p)

Members don't see this ad :)
Send an email in and ask for an update, they're pretty good about replying. I sent an email asking for an update back in december and got an interview invite not long after followed by an email confirming that my application was complete (yeah, the order of the emails had me confused too :p)

oh cool. thanks for the advice.

I hope it works for me too. :)

I received the acceptance packet yesterday (2/15/2011).:thumbup:

when did you interview and where do you live, mito? I am curious about your stats too :D

(PM me if you want to keep things private?, thanks ahead of time)

Last edited:
Interviewed on the 2/4/2011 Accepted on Valentines day! (2/14). I got a letter in the mail, and I'm from Cali so they probably accepted me much earlier. just mailed my deposit today

for those that wonder, you can get in to NYU with below a 3.0.

I graduated with a 2.67 (BS bio), then got a 3.7, 3.6, 3.7, and 3.9 in each post bac semester (all science classes)... bringing me to a 2.9 overall, science ~ the same. Also I came in to college as a Bioengineer, and did really bad in some ENGR classes which dropped my GPA a ton.

DAT: 19 Overall (15QR! but everything else was 18 or up), 20 Science (23 Ochem), and 21 PA. I'm a pretty good talker, and had a great interview... so that helped.

So you can get in, but you have to work your butt off. I recommend just doing well in your undergrad.

This is my Second time applying, so don't give up if you didn't make it.

Stop SDN BS!!! the truth will set you free.

Last edited:
Oh and I think I heard the Director of Admissions say that they are getting the last batch of applications in on Feb 1st (deadline), so it takes a while to sift through them and that we (the interviewee's on feb 4th) would probably here back, at the latest, by the start of march.

I sent my app out in sept and got my invite in early jan if anyone is curious.

when did you interview and where do you live, mito? I am curious about your stats too :D

(PM me if you want to keep things private?, thanks ahead of time)

Interviewed: 1/31/2011
GPA: 3.0
DAT: 26 PAT, 20 AA, 20 Total Science

Thank you, Mito! Hopefully I get that package too!

So to everyone, I am wondering:

I interviewed two weeks ago and have not received any snail mail yet. I live in Canada.

If according to some people who mention that NYU send express overnight mail to international locations, should I call them to check what is up?

is it advisable to just call and ask? :confused: It seems a bit rude to me. Just watch me call the morning and receive the package in the afternoon -_-.

Thank you, Mito! Hopefully I get that package too!

So to everyone, I am wondering:

I interviewed two weeks ago and have not received any snail mail yet. I live in Canada.

If according to some people who mention that NYU send express overnight mail to international locations, should I call them to check what is up?

is it advisable to just call and ask? :confused: It seems a bit rude to me. Just watch me call the morning and receive the package in the afternoon -_-.

I am in a similar boat. I interviewed on 11/02/11 and live in Canada and haven't heard anything yet. If you do call please let me know how it goes.

I am in a similar boat. I interviewed on 11/02/11 and live in Canada and haven't heard anything yet. If you do call please let me know how it goes.

they do send overnite UPS for canadian acceptances. not snail mail. even if you get waitlisted don't worry..it moves right up until orientation starts. just be active and retake DAT's if that was your weakpoint. good luck. hope to see u there next august

To Canadian Students who are accepted to NYU:

Is the only source of the finance the banks ( Royal, TD, Scotia) or there are National or provincial loans available as well ?

i had a 2/11 interview too and havent gotten anything, i live in michigan. dr mejia said they would be sent out last week so assuming it was friday i'd expect it this week (there was no mail for presidents day on monday too). i plan on calling if it doesnt come in this week. good luck!

i had a 2/11 interview too and havent gotten anything, i live in michigan. dr mejia said they would be sent out last week so assuming it was friday i'd expect it this week (there was no mail for presidents day on monday too). i plan on calling if it doesnt come in this week. good luck!

I definitely her Dr. Mejia say the same thing regarding hearing back last week. If you call please post and let me know the outcome. Good LUCK!!!!

i know this is unrelated and i'm sorry....but im waitlisted and i'll be honest...i get a little bit sadder knowing theres one less spot for me :(

Is the only source of the finance the banks ( Royal, TD, Scotia) or there are National or provincial loans available as well ?
If you're in Ontario, you can still get OSAP grad student loans, though obviously it's not a huge amount, but it definitely helps.

anyone with mid-late Feb interviews hear anything?

Hey, I have an interview next week. Does anyone know how full NYU is at this point?

Last edited:
Hey, I have an interview next week. Does anyone know how full NYU is at this point?

When I interviewed 1/31, they said the class was half full. So at this point its either full, or greater than half full. It's possible you would be interviewing for a waitlisted spot.

When I interviewed 1/31, they said the class was half full. So at this point its either full, or greater than half full. It's possible you would be interviewing for a waitlisted spot.

they will only be able to really gauge the amount of space left after april 1st when the second deposit is due. a lot don't send it in because they were accepted elsewhere

Hey, has anybody heard anything on the summer research program? I applied way back in the first week of January but all I received was an email of my application sent back to me. It seems like a great deal so I hope I get in.

I emailed the research associate professor, Dr. J. Guttenplan, and he said: "Info of decisions should be sent out in early March."

We should be getting those updates in or within the next few weeks :xf:

anyone with mid-late Feb interviews hear anything?

I interviewed on Feb 11th and i am from canada. I received a UPS notice today in the mail that i got a letter/package from NYU dental college. I am not sure what is in the package yet but i will let you guys know when i do know. :xf: Hopefully i get some good news

On a side note, could someone please let me know how much the first deposit is? I need to plan ahead just in case i do get in

I interviewed on Feb 11th and i am from canada. I received a UPS notice today in the mail that i got a letter/package from NYU dental college. I am not sure what is in the package yet but i will let you guys know when i do know. :xf: Hopefully i get some good news

On a side note, could someone please let me know how much the first deposit is? I need to plan ahead just in case i do get in

Same as you, Can. I got a UPS today, and I was accepted! So everyone interviewed on Feb11 or before should get the notice soon! :luck::luck::luck:

The first deposit is 1500 and the second deposit is 3500.

Last edited:
Same as you, Can. I got a UPS today, and I was accepted! So everyone interviewed on Feb11 or before should get the notice soon! :luck::luck::luck:

The first deposit is 1500 and the second deposit is 3500.

congrats bruthah. first acceptance?

Anyone just got back from an interview heard any news from Dr. Mejia? :confused:

All you can get is the max line of credit from the bank, then the government portion of OSAP (not the Ontario portion). It isn't too much but may cover like half of living costs - I'm not exactly sure how crazy expensive NYC is.

Just want to let you guys know that i am turning down NYU in favor of USC..... congrats to the person who gets my seat now!

Just found out i got accepted to NYU class of 2015
interviewed on feb 11th, accepted march 2nd

Good luck to everyone else!

Wahoooo

stats
overall gpa 3.75
dats (22, 21, 21) (AA/Sc/P)
H.Sc and M.Sc