*** Official University of New England C/O 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I have my second interview coming up at LECOM.. But UNE has been my top choice for 2 years. Please send me news!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I actually don't know much about their curriculum so I'm trying to research it now
I don't want to hijack the UNE thread, but your basic sciences will be PBL and the other stuff isn't. They originally had their DMD and DO students mixed, but that was apparently a hot mess, so they keep them separate now. The schedule is pretty much similar to other schools - some days will start earlier or end earlier than others depending on the courses that you take. I forget exactly how often per week you have PBL, you will meet weekly. Other thing that the current students mentioned is that they have a ton of free time, which I can't understand how because that's the exact opposite that I heard at every other school I interviewed at. Your 4th year is either going to be in Erie, PA or middle-of-no-where Florida.

I would also highly recommend asking them about their board passing rates if you are going to consider the school. My brother (a dentist) is friends with people who go around the US to different schools for their boards and according to them, their passing rate on part 2 had some issues. I'm asking him to look more into it for me, but some other people on SDN confirmed hearing something similar.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about LECOM. I sent them my deposit today but they are not my absolute top choice. I hope to hear back from MWU-AZ or UNE soon :arghh: BUT, I am very thankful for my acceptance there and will attend if need be!

I will be declining my offer to UNE very soon so I hope of you guys gets it!! It's a great school and I was very impressed with the faculty and curriculum. Very professional and offers so much potential.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck lizbef!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be worth your while to go read through the c/o 2019 thread and see when people were offered interviews. However, it seems as if UNE has only sent out their first round of acceptances, so I would definitely not lose hope yet!
That is a great idea! Well I appreciate your positivity and insight, best of luck to you!

Today is the day -- 1st deposit is due. I'm guessing that means the next round of acceptances will be going out very soon. Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 users
Well quite the turnaround today. Paid my deposit this morning at UNE and then got a call from Ohio State (my state school) an hour later that I got in off of the wait list. I loved everything about UNE but I had to give up my spot. Guess I was just keeping that seat nice and warm for the next guy/gal. Good luck everyone, hopefully you guys will hear good news soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Well quite the turnaround today. Paid my deposit this morning at UNE and then got a call from Ohio State (my state school) an hour later that I got in off of the wait list. I loved everything about UNE but I had to give up my spot. Guess I was just keeping that seat nice and warm for the next guy/gal. Good luck everyone, hopefully you guys will hear good news soon!
Good luck! That exact thing happened to me. I mailed out my deposit to LECOM and then found out about an acceptance to another school that I'd rather go to that same day. I emailed them so frantically and they agreed not to deposit my check. I mean, I did also put a stop on it... but still :claps:

Good luck! That exact thing happened to me. I mailed out my deposit to LECOM and then found out about an acceptance to another school that I'd rather go to that same day. I emailed them so frantically and they agreed not to deposit my check. I mean, I did also put a stop on it... but still :claps:
Haha. Yeah thankfully they hadn't actually put the payment through and after explaining everything to them they aren't taking my deposit either.....My bank account is very thankful. Congrats on getting in to those schools though (I declined LECOM as well).

Members don't see this ad :)
just got an email asking if I was still interested in their program.

curious how many people on here are not still interested in UNE? this waiting game is painful

curious how many people on here are not still interested in UNE? this waiting game is painful
I also replied that I was not interested! I hope you hear back as soon as possible!!

just got an email asking if I was still interested in their program.

me too! I hope this is a good sign considering how much I enjoyed visiting the school and touring around Maine.. :)

Replied not interested. My main reason is pit stains. They really show when I wear collar shirts. Scrubs for the win.

Reactions: 5 users
me too! I hope this is a good sign considering how much I enjoyed visiting the school and touring around Maine.. :)
I wish it was a good sign, but it seems that everyone that was not accepted initially got the email :/

Replied not interested! hope someone get it!

Reactions: 3 users
I wish it was a good sign, but it seems that everyone that was not accepted initially got the email :/

yeah i think so, too. but i'm more excited since i've been waiting with no news for so long..
I can't wait till the next wave of acceptances get sent out

I have not interviewed at UNE as of yet however, I did recieve the "inquiry" email as well. It didn't only go to waitlist and/or awaiting a response applicants. So we all have some hope still!!! Best of luck!!!

I have not interviewed at UNE as of yet however, I did recieve the "inquiry" email as well. It didn't only go to waitlist and/or awaiting a response applicants. So we all have some hope still!!! Best of luck!!!
Oh so that means they may do more interviews then :eyebrow: - their website liesssss

I just got accepted!
Is there a class of 2020 facebook group I can join? I can't find it.
Thanks

hopefully that means a second round of acceptances are upon us

Reactions: 2 users
I was texting someone who was in my interview group at UNE and is also waiting to hear back and he told me he already emailed Amanda and she said the second round of acceptances have been sent out already ....crappp :help::lame::bang:

I was accepted today! I will be declining the acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was texting someone who was in my interview group at UNE and is also waiting to hear back and he told me he already emailed Amanda and she said the second round of acceptances have been sent out already ....crappp :help::lame::bang:
That is terrible news omg :(

ACCEPTED!
Words cant even describe what im feeling

I am in too! God is good! Everyone that hasn't been accepted yet hang in there! The waitlist hasn't even come out yet and Amanda did say that they get pretty deep into it :)

can those of you that got accepted share your stats please? (essentially trying to see if i have any chance from a statistical perspective)

Congrats all, when is the deposit due date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone found a class of 2020 group on Facebook yet?

Accepted on 1/08/2016 with the wife! It's such a relief to know that your going to be a dentist!

Congrats to everyone who's gotten accepted & good luck to those waiting to hear back!!

I got accepted on Dec. 1st & since then I've been searching for the Facebook page or some method of communicating with other accepted students..... I was wondering if anyone wanted to be roommates. Im a female looking for other female roommates by the way lol

Has anyone found a class of 2020 group on Facebook yet?
No & I've been looking for a while. Maybe they're waiting till after the 2nd deposit cause then it'll be 100% final.

Man! I wish that we knew what was happening. If I was down on the list, I would like to know so I could move on! If I am close to being accepted maybe I'd feel better and get a chance to relax a little bit! I'm so frustrated!