Ohio State 2019 hopefuls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called her yesterday afternoon. She said they were having some trouble updating the website, for me to try again today. If its still not working to call her back. Mine works!
Okay thank you!! I just emailed her again, I realized I "replied" to the acceptance email so I thought maybe it went to her spam bc there was an attachment. I told her sorry for sounding so anxious lol!!! Plus I dropped my phone, tried to catch it, and accidentally sent it before finishing it off and signing my name....fail. #dork #pleasedontchangeyourmindaboutme
Hahahahaha oh geeeeez.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For any of you are waiting, I just talked to April on the phone. She told me they were starting the waitlist. :(
They said they would have it out by next week or early March.

Hmm, that's odd. The lady I spoke with made it sound like they still had some acceptances to send out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, that's odd. The lady I spoke with made it sound like they still had some acceptances to send out.
Yea I thought it was odd as well. I may have misunderstood, but it sounded like most acceptance had been sent out. There may be a few left, but I think they will be for the interview at the end of the month. My guess is if you interview before February that you will be placed on a waitlist.

I called her yesterday afternoon. She said they were having some trouble updating the website, for me to try again today. If its still not working to call her back. Mine works!
Mine still isn't working and still no email from April! I should've just called!! Ugh now I get to have anxiety all weekend!! Trust me I'm super happy and thankful to get my acceptance, so I don't mean to sound whiney....but I'm soooooo anxious and want to secure my spot and have it be official!! :heckyeah:

Reactions: 1 user
I asked on the phone today and they said they were not done with acceptances, and that we should all know by the end of the month. She said nothing to me about the wait-list, though I didn't ask about it.

If it's true that we're already into wait-list time, then I'm pretty bummed out. I thought my interview went really well. The guy told me I was doing a good job several times and he actually said he thought I'd be a good practitioner... I dunno, I thought it was a good sign. Maybe not.

Mine still isn't working and still no email from April! I should've just called!! Ugh now I get to have anxiety all weekend!! Trust me I'm super happy and thankful to get my acceptance, so I don't mean to sound whiney....but I'm soooooo anxious and want to secure my spot and have it be official!! :heckyeah:
I'm on the same boat, my status still says pending and no response from April when I emailed her. Don't worry you're not alone Hollista.

I asked on the phone today and they said they were not done with acceptances, and that we should all know by the end of the month. She said nothing to me about the wait-list, though I didn't ask about it.

If it's true that we're already into wait-list time, then I'm pretty bummed out. I thought my interview went really well. The guy told me I was doing a good job several times and he actually said he thought I'd be a good practitioner... I dunno, I thought it was a good sign. Maybe not.

Okay that makes me feel a little better. I apologize if I am sending you on a emotional roller coaster. :(
I hope for both our sakes that I misinterpreted what I was told!
Also I have the exact same feeling. My interviewers told me I did a great job as well and they hoped that I would be accepted to their program.
I just wish we could press a button and find out whats gonna happen because this wait is killing me!

What you two were told is probably true on both counts - they're not finished sending out acceptances AND they're putting together the wait list. Obviously, since they're not done interviewing, they can't finalize everything just yet.

Does anyone remember how many acceptances they send out and how long their wait list goes? I thought April mentioned it during the interview presentations, but I apparently didn't write it down.

Okay that makes me feel a little better. I apologize if I am sending you on a emotional roller coaster. :(
I hope for both our sakes that I misinterpreted what I was told!
Also I have the exact same feeling. My interviewers told me I did a great job as well and they hoped that I would be accepted to their program.
I just wish we could press a button and find out whats gonna happen because this wait is killing me!

Oh, you're fine! For all I know you could be right, I am a naturally anxious person so I try to over-analyze everything :p

To try and lighten the mood, I had a dream the other night that OSU e-mailed me telling me that they were wrong to reject me, and wanted me to come interview so we could "bicker and talk about boys"

Reactions: 2 users
To try and lighten the mood, I had a dream the other night that OSU e-mailed me telling me that they were wrong to reject me, and wanted me to come interview so we could "bicker and talk about boys"
My friend was actually rejected and was called the other day for an interview. I don't know if they'll be bickering and talking about boys, though. :p

OK, what the heck does it mean if they're calling people who were rejected for interviews... to me, it means either they're having issues filling the class, they rejected a ton of people they interviewed, or it's backwards world and nothing makes sense.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
[QUOTE=" it's backwards world and nothing makes sense.[/QUOTE]

isn't that kind of the whole realm of applying to vet school? lol

Reactions: 3 users
I kinda hope they don't call me. I don't want that type of stress again

My friend was actually rejected and was called the other day for an interview. I don't know if they'll be bickering and talking about boys, though. :p

Did they give some context about why they changed their minds...

Did they give some context about why they changed their minds...
I have no clue, but I'm assuming they didn't because she has mixed feelings about going to the interview. Last I heard she's going though. I did tell her that I thought it seemed fishy unless they made a mistake.

I would definitely have her talk to someone on the phone... I got an e-mail for my interview, though I guess some people might've been called, especially if it's later in the game. Did they give her a date for the interview...

I would definitely have her talk to someone on the phone... I got an e-mail for my interview, though I guess some people might've been called, especially if it's later in the game. Did they give her a date for the interview...
It's sometime this weekend. And they called her actually.

Well it sounds pretty legit! How odd. I just hope that doesn't mean they didn't like some of us who interviewed but haven't heard either way yet. I'm guessing we'll probably have to wait until after this weekend to hear the final verdict. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, but it seems odd that they'd send out most of the acceptances before finishing interviews... here's hoping there's more acceptances going out soon!

Quick poll: Is mental distress due to anxiety about vet school a valid reason to not to go to class?
On a more serious note- are we still thinking that end of the month will be when they get decisions out because it's getting pretty close to March?

Haha, I would go if you are feeling up to it. I feel the same way about going to work but in truth it distracts me from the waiting.

I have not spoken to anyone since the last time I mentioned it. If someone wants to take one for the team and ask, then go for it! I am guessing we won't hear until after the final interview date, since it's technically the end of the month. But again, I haven't spoken with anyone.

Sorry to double post, but good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! I promise it's a fun, calm atmosphere and you'll have a blast.

Hi guys just arrived to Columbus!! I have a few questions. First how was the overall interview experience? Also what types of questions should I expect? Did they ask directly from you application (is it open file)? What about ethical stuff, current events, hypothetical scenarios? Sorry for all the questions lol I'm trying to prepare well ;)

Hi guys just arrived to Columbus!! I have a few questions. First how was the overall interview experience? Also what types of questions should I expect? Did they ask directly from you application (is it open file)? What about ethical stuff, current events, hypothetical scenarios? Sorry for all the questions lol I'm trying to prepare well ;)
My interviewers had my entire VMCAS application in front of them and had read/highlighted it. They asked a ton about my experiences - both vet related and non-animal related. It was a conversational interview and really comfortable. Good luck at yours!!

I hope everyone interviewing today is surviving the cold! I know it was FREEZING when I interviewed.

Apologies for the double post, but did anyone who interviewed this weekend hear about when final decisions will be made... I am assuming we'll hear shortly, since interviews are now over, but the wait is killing me. Even if it's a no answer, I want to know...

Oh my god. Oh my god. I GOT IN!!!!! This was my very last school but I GOT IN!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I woke up this morning, checked my phone, and saw the email!

Congrats! Did anyone else hear anything... *sighs and tries not to get too bummed out*

Does any one feel brave enough to call? I thought they said we would hear by the end of February - at least that's what they said at my interview but that was ages ago

Just thought I'd drop by to say that my friend who was originally rejected just received her acceptance. Goes to show you can't give up hope. Good luck everyone!

I would call were I not stuck at work all day today, and subsequently can't.......I can get away with posting on the internet while I'm waiting on an experiment but a phone call is too obvious hahahahaha

At the risk of double posting again, did they tell her why they changed their minds... my guess is she wasn't supposed to be rejected in the first place

At the risk of double posting again, did they tell her why they changed their minds... my guess is she wasn't supposed to be rejected in the first place
Or they wanted to look at some more candidates after interviewing the ones they had :shrug: It's all a big guessing game.

Or they wanted to look at some more candidates after interviewing the ones they had :shrug: It's all a big guessing game.
Lets not think about that possibility shall we. As far as I'm concerned someone in the admissions office messed up and sent out rejections to the wrong people and therefore they simply hadn't interviewed enough people

Lets not think about that possibility shall we. As far as I'm concerned someone in the admissions office messed up and sent out rejections to the wrong people and therefore they simply hadn't interviewed enough people
Also a possibility. As they say...it ain't over til it's over. I'm crossing my fingers for all you guys. Has anyone touched based with admissions recently?

I have heard they have had some problems with their computers and they sent out some accidental rejections and so those are who they interviewed this past weekend...not sure if it's true or not! But just something I heard from a classmate FWIW.

That seems to be happening to a number of schools. I think the one person was the only one I heard of having been rejected and getting in, but some of the people on here received interview notices normally, so who knows...

The class' facebook page went up from like 82 to 102 today though, so it looks like more than a few acceptances went out, though some of the people on the page are upperclassmen. Sigh. I hope they send out final decisions soon, I feel like I'm waiting for a rejection at this point and I'd rather just have it and be done :p I would love to be wrong.

Just thought I'd drop by to say that my friend who was originally rejected just received her acceptance. Goes to show you can't give up hope. Good luck everyone!

I have heard this story at a handful of different schools. I always find it interesting! Surely not all of them have computer issues? Who knows!

Congrats everyone!

ACCEPTED!!!:soexcited: I couldn't believe it; I already had lost all hope. I received the email last night at 11:30 pm eastern time but saw it this morning. I interviewed January 17th. Good luck to everyone still waiting! My fingers are crossed for you!

Reactions: 3 users
Good for you! I am trying to remain hopeful but at this point it feels like such a long shot.

That seems to be happening to a number of schools. I think the one person was the only one I heard of having been rejected and getting in, but some of the people on here received interview notices normally, so who knows...

The class' facebook page went up from like 82 to 102 today though, so it looks like more than a few acceptances went out, though some of the people on the page are upperclassmen. Sigh. I hope they send out final decisions soon, I feel like I'm waiting for a rejection at this point and I'd rather just have it and be done :p I would love to be wrong.
I looked through the members of the Facebook page and a lot of the people added yesterday are current vet students (not class of 2019) so that is good news!!!

ACCEPTED!!!:soexcited: I couldn't believe it; I already had lost all hope. I received the email last night at 11:30 pm eastern time but saw it this morning. I interviewed January 17th. Good luck to everyone still waiting! My fingers are crossed for you!
Congrats!!! Hope that happens for the rest of us still waiting!

I feel like they are just sending them out in really small batches now. Only one person commented yesterday and I am the only one today. So it may take awhile but its not over! There is hope!