Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there usually three interview days a week?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there usually three interview days a week?
The trend from what I have noticed seems to show that there is an interview cycle every two weeks. Three interview days in every cycle and 8 interviewees per day.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That indeed is a lot of applicants they have to go through.

Reactions: 1 user
I was at admitted student day, and it seems there may be around 60ish students who have been accepted so far. Class size is 115, so there's still almost half the class to fill up. Just wanted all those wondering about class size to get some sort of an answer! Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 users
I was at admitted student day, and it seems there may be around 60ish students who have been accepted so far. Class size is 115, so there's still almost half the class to fill up. Just wanted all those wondering about class size to get some sort of an answer! Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!
Thanks for that info!! :)

Found out today that there are two rounds of interviews left after this week with the last one being the second week of March. Interview invites have been given to those for the second to last round. Thus, for those who have yet to receive an invite, there is only one final interview week left. Ugh.

I was told I would be receiving paperwork in the mail. Perhaps I was misinformed? Either way, I imagine everything requiring attention is covered on the application website.
They will probably send out all of the application packets in a large batch after interviews are complete. For my year it was UPS overnight.

Does anyone know if there is a particular day of the week the admissions office tends to notify interviewees about their status in the 2-3 week window following their interview?

Does anyone know if there is a particular day of the week the admissions office tends to notify interviewees about their status in the 2-3 week window following their interview?
Wendesday, thursday or friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
So since the last of the interviews ends in a couple of weeks, does that mean there will be a significant movement in the wait-list?

There will be waitlist movement throughout the next few months. Sometime in/around May, they will cut it down to a 'final' waitlist and let all others know they are no longer being considered for this cycle.

Accepted today. Interviewed 2/11. In state.

There will be waitlist movement throughout the next few months. Sometime in/around May, they will cut it down to a 'final' waitlist and let all others know they are no longer being considered for this cycle.
Is there anyway I can find out where I am on the wait list?

Is there anyway I can find out where I am on the wait list?
No.
Unless things have changed, OSU does not rank their waitlist like many schools do. Thus, whenever they review candidates to take off the list, everyone is given full consideration regardless of how long they've been waiting (i.e. if you've been on the waitlist since October, you are not given any advantage over someone who was waitlisted in January).

No.
Unless things have changed, OSU does not rank their waitlist like many schools do. Thus, whenever they review candidates to take off the list, everyone is given full consideration regardless of how long they've been waiting (i.e. if you've been on the waitlist since October, you are not given any advantage over someone who was waitlisted in January).
Ah i see. Thank you very much.

So, my husband still has not heard anything! Is there still a chance of getting and interview? It's just nerve racking that he hasn't heard anything at all!

So, my husband still has not heard anything! Is there still a chance of getting and interview? It's just nerve racking that he hasn't heard anything at all!
What are his stats? OK resident? Did he confirm his file was 'complete?' If there are any more interview invites, I imagine they will go out this week.

I was informed that there is still one round of interviews left for sure, possibly a second. They said they still have a lot of applicants that they want to interview. No interview invites have been sent out yet for the final (last two?) round of interviews. This was as of Friday.

What are his stats? OK resident? Did he confirm his file was 'complete?' If there are any more interview invites, I imagine they will go out this week.

He is an OK resident. Majored in Biochem/Math graduated with a 3.8-3.9 I believe. Not sure on the MCAT score. Currently teaching high school science. Yes, it is complete. He had trouble getting one of his rec letters in and we think that was the set back, so we are just playing the waiting game lol..

He is an OK resident. Majored in Biochem/Math graduated with a 3.8-3.9 I believe. Not sure on the MCAT score. Currently teaching high school science. Yes, it is complete. He had trouble getting one of his rec letters in and we think that was the set back, so we are just playing the waiting game lol..
Tell him to call the admissions office tomorrow just to touch base and make sure they have everything, since time is quickly running out. Seems like he should definitely get an interview. Good luck!

Has anyone heard recently how full the class is now?

There are about 70 of us in the Facebook group right now.

Thanks for the update! Still hoping to get pulled from the wait list. I've been calling and emailing updates a lot in hopes that it will help.

Ok guys just wanted to send out a positive message to all of you I remeber frantically watching this waiting for acceptance. Know that OSU is still interviewing and wait listing is not a bad thing here we were pulling kids off the wait list last year up till 2 days before school started. We have a very low reservation fee to hold a spot only 100 dollars so a ton of people say yes to going here than find out they get into their number one choice and drop their spot. Some years have had over 60% of the class be on the wait list at one time or another. I know telling you all not to stress is pointless. So just don't lose hope and keep Osu updated every grade every volunteer hour every shadow hour they want to see that your still improving.

Good luck guys hope to see you as first years next year

(current MS1)

Reactions: 3 users
Would someone mind adding me to the facebook group?

Just request to be in the group and one of the admins will add you if you have already received you acceptance :)

Has anyone heard anything recently? I'm trying to wait *patiently* :/

Has anyone heard anything recently? I'm trying to wait *patiently* :/
Waiting is the worst, I truly empathize with you. I hope you are able to persevere through the waiting game and receive the acceptance you are seeking. The wait is definitely much more difficult on the applicant than on the school. I do believe OSU is much better than other programs I've been dealing with, in communicating as punctually as possible.

Nothing here. The last turn around that it noted on this site was 16 days from interview to acceptance..... If that means anything.

Nothing here. The last turn around that it noted on this site was 16 days from interview to acceptance..... If that means anything.
I've heard that they usually start some movement the Friday before Spring Break. So hopefully tomorrow people will start hearing back from the administrators.

Just got back into the country. Was there any movement on the Facebook group this week?

Just got back into the country. Was there any movement on the Facebook group this week?

About 6 people who are not current students joined in the past week. I recognized one of them from my interview group in October who was admitted off the bat, so that doesn't necessarily mean that there's been movement from the waitlist.