Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure where you misunderstood my comment, but undoubtedly you did somewhere. I am not mad at all, in fact I laugh at situations like this. Why do I laugh? Because I was the one that answered your very same question days earlier and if you scroll up a little or maybe one page back you will see what I am talking about. You are the one getting worked up, not I. I do nothing but offer help on these forums. I have an inbox full of questions and personal statements for me to read and give feedback just because I know the stressors of applying and I wanted to give back to the community that gave so much to me during this time. If you treat people with respect and dignity, it will get you a long ways. Your reply is comical because even though I explained myself I Still have you a thorough answer and yet you decide to get on here and belittle me for helping yet again. Listen, it takes 5 minutes to call OSU and ask Sarah how the waitlist is coming along. Believe me, they are busy and they won't stay on the phone long chit-chatting it up with you so your busy schedule isn't going to take a major hit. Also, in the top right corner you will find a search function. Go ahead and hit that and type in the sub forum and thread you want to specify for your search and type in "waitlist" or "wait list" and boom, your busy schedule is saved once again. Thank you for your time and if you need anymore help, please, feel free to INBOX ME. I'm here to HELP. Lol, my God this application cycle is stressful for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Ok I think this is unfair. I don't want to jump into this but you're actually the one
I'm not sure where you misunderstood my comment, but undoubtedly you did somewhere. I am not mad at all, in fact I laugh at situations like this. Why do I laugh? Because I was the one that answered your very same question days earlier and if you scroll up a little or maybe one page back you will see what I am talking about. You are the one getting worked up, not I. I do nothing but offer help on these forums. I have an inbox full of questions and personal statements for me to read and give feedback just because I know the stressors of applying and I wanted to give back to the community that gave so much to me during this time. If you treat people with respect and dignity, it will get you a long ways. Your reply is comical because even though I explained myself I Still have you a thorough answer and yet you decide to get on here and belittle me for helping yet again. Listen, it takes 5 minutes to call OSU and ask Sarah how the waitlist is coming along. Believe me, they are busy and they won't stay on the phone long chit-chatting it up with you so your busy schedule isn't going to take a major hit. Also, in the top right corner you will find a search function. Go ahead and hit that and type in the sub forum and thread you want to specify for your search and type in "waitlist" or "wait list" and boom, your busy schedule is saved once again. Thank you for your time and if you need anymore help, please, feel free to INBOX ME. I'm here to HELP. Lol, my God this application cycle is stressful for some people.

@ "Ordinary DO" Not to jump in but I seriously think you're being a jerk here. How could a simple question get under your skin so easily?(Don't you want to be a doctor?) It's a free internet. So what if they asked again? You don't have to put the world on your shoulders by treating this like a burden or an obligation. I think you're just trying to get attention by being an online bully. I think that you should take your own advice on treating people with respect and dignity. Stop being a troll.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
don't listen to the salty people! Just keep up the good work and keeping hoping for the best. Trust me ordinary DO's post now and last year were uncalled for and he is on all of the current first years radar that go on these forums as somebody not to even bother with.

LOL good to finally know!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna excuse myself from this forum. If you have any questions feel free to inbox me. I don't want any animosity brewing, because I am unintentionally causing people to feel one way when I don't mean for that to happen.

Thanks to all of you who have been so helpful in the past!

most live at nickel creek or tuscany I highly recommend these places.[/QUOTE]

Where does the majority of the OSU class live? I'm looking to have Game of Thrones Night and cookouts :banana::zip:

most live at nickel creek or tuscany I highly recommend these places.

Where does the majority of the OSU class live? I'm looking to have Game of Thrones Night and cookouts :banana::zip:[/QUOTE]
I'd recommend looking into Riverview apartments or there are another set of apartments where the tenants are required to be 21+ and the rent is VERY cheap for a one bedroom apartment. If anyone is interested let me know, I work and drive through that area every single day. I can get prices and tours for those who need it! PM me

Where does the majority of the OSU class live? I'm looking to have Game of Thrones Night and cookouts :banana::zip:[/QUOTE]
I'd say most of the single people in the class in order live at A. Tuscany hills/nickel creek B. the ghetto apartments next to the school, I forget the name C. Downtown D. At home with their parents.

Most of the married students rent houses scattered throughout Tulsa and Broken Arrow.

Can anyone recommend apartments? Safety over cost :laugh:

I live at Ashford Overlook. I love really like living there. We have a 2 bed/2 bath and pay around $825 -850 (2 dogs rent, water, sewer, trash) depending on our utilities for the month. Feel free to message me for more information. It is only 8 minutes from the school.

We all have a group chat at nickel creek and I am pretty sure everybody here watches that show! Really nice apartments and like 10 min from campus. I have a 2 bedroom and its like 850 or something. Biggest plus is its not busy by these apartments, but if you go like 150 yards to the east just across the freeway there is EVERYTHING (same club, starbucks, best buy, restaurants, target, ect.)

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone recommend apartments? Safety over cost :laugh:

Nickel Creek and Tuscany Hills are really great options. I think more med students live in those apartments than anywhere else. They are right across the highway from a major shopping complex. When I lived there it probably took me 7 min to get to school in the morning. Haven't looked in a while but price is usually 800-1000 a month depending on number of rooms and stuff.

Thanks for the input everyone! I've decided to invest in a camper and live in the parking lot.

Just kidding.. I'll check out Nickel Creek and Tuscany this weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what "gun" means, (lol) but I ended up getting the MacBook Pro on Black Friday so that I could practice with it during the spring semester! Thank you for all the input!

Gunner; " A person who is competitive, overly-ambitious and substantially exceeds minimum requirements. A gunner will compromise his/her peer relationships and/or reputation among peers in order to obtain recognition and praise from his/her superiors."

Fact: all the gunners have macs. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Where do you live now?
Thanks for the input everyone! I've decided to invest in a camper and live in the parking lot.

Gunner; " A person who is competitive, overly-ambitious and substantially exceeds minimum requirements. A gunner will compromise his/her peer relationships and/or reputation among peers in order to obtain recognition and praise from his/her superiors."

#GunTillUrDone

I'll throw in my two cents about Nickel Creek/Tuscany Hills as well since I'm part of that "group"! It seems like 7/10 people I talk to from my medical school class are living at one of these apartments! I've heard about really positive experiences here, and had a couple not so great experiences myself. I chose to live here for safety (over westport by the school), but ironically I've heard of less crime/sketchy things happening at Westport than I have at nickel creek/tuscany.

Living here introduced me to a lot of my closest friends in my class though, so I wouldn't change my mind if I could do it over again. The drive isn't so bad even though it's a bit further out - you just have to make sure to NEVER leave school at 5:00, and always allot extra time to get to school on test days because there always seems to be a wreck on the highway.

That said, I'll probably be looking at other living options when my lease is up.

Thank you for all the information!
I looked at the Nickel Creek apartments today as was quite impressed.

In your opinion, what is the difference between Tuscany and Nickel Creek? I personally want an apartment with a garage (any pros-cons with that?). :thinking:

In your opinion, what is the difference between Tuscany and Nickel Creek? I personally want an apartment with a garage (any pros-cons with that?). :thinking:

tuscany has nicer appliances and a better looking kitchen! Thats about it!

An apartment with a garage parking deck or a private garage like a townhouse type living situation? There are really nice apartments off of riverside drive that have the parking under the building called the "University Club" apartments and I would look into Riverview if you want cheap, safe, and less that 2 miles from the school and hospital. Rent at the Riverview is about $400 when I lived there and the University Club apartments are VERY nice flats and apartments with inside parking but it is much more costly.

Tuscany was $60/mo more expensive when I signed my lease, so I'm at NC. The appliances and cabinets are the exact same make and model (or so they say) but in different colors. At NC we have white appliances and cherry wood cabinets. At Tuscany they have stainless steel appliances and black cabinets. They are both owned by Case, so the layouts and everything are basically the exact same.

All of that said, I would have preferred to live at Tuscany because I guess I'm materialistic and really liked those stainless steel appliances. One of my friends just moved to Tuscany (her lease started in November) and she is paying less than I am at NC for a two bedroom apartment. It really depends on what time of year you sign your lease and what kind of deal you can talk them into giving you.

Also I have never heard of Riverview, nor have I heard of any classmates living there. :thinking: That said it sounds like just one more option you could check out if you're interested.

When your class officers send you all requests to join the facebook page you'll be able to ask if anyone needs a roommate on there if you are looking for someone to live with. :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for renting a small house? Would a townhouse be a better option? I've perused some websites but haven't really found too much

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for renting a small house? Would a townhouse be a better option? I've perused some websites but haven't really found too much

As you get closer to summer, administration will start sending out emails of houses available for rent (or purchase) that medical students are moving out of. There aren't a ton of these so it's best to look elsewhere too. I know a couple of my classmates have houses in Jenks, and some of them are living over near Lafortune park. They made the choice to live a little farther out, but I haven't heard any complaints. Most of those classmates are married or have children and wanted to keep them in a good school district.

Zillow. We came out for accepted students day in june with enough cash for a deposit and 1st month so we could sign a lease on the spot. We prefer having a house but that's a personal preference. A handful of students live at southern reserve in jenks but its like 1350/month.

Definitely thought you were talking about a computer application or something! Lol idk if I'll be a true gunner, but competitive yes. Sooo go Team Mac?

Definitely thought you were talking about a computer application or something! Lol idk if I'll be a true gunner, but competitive yes. Sooo go Team Mac?

Yes team mac is the cool team.

Anyone know what time of day decisions were sent out?

How long until you heard back?

For me it was 5 days between interview and acceptance. I was interviewed on the first day of interviews though.

My friend interviewed last month and it was more like 8-10 days between her interview and decision.

Is there anyone else on here who interviewed the week of 12/5? Shout out!

For those who were waitlisted, did you receive an email or snail mail?

Thanks. Seems I am the sole interviewee from 12/5... Driving me crazy! Any idea when he interviewed?

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know who the background checks are completed through?

So what is the consensus on a laptop other than a mac?

Has anyone received an email regarding the scholarship application? During my interview, we were told that we should expect an email during the first week of December.

Has anyone received an email regarding the scholarship application? During my interview, we were told that we should expect an email during the first week of December.
The scholarship application is on the website. There is one application for all of the scholarships. However, it asks for a "CWID" in a required field and I have no idea what that number is.

The scholarship application is on the website. There is one application for all of the scholarships. However, it asks for a "CWID" in a required field and I have no idea what that number is.

Yeah I saw that earleier this week. Do you know if it's the current app for the incoming class?

Just one more semester... :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users