Purdue c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HI Everyone ... Quick Question. I have not received a rejection nor invitation to interview up until now .. However, I was asked for my Fall semester grades at the end of December. Any Thoughts?

THANKSSS :)
Sorry! I should have also replied to you Butterfly750 - Purdue required everyone to choose an interview date by December 22nd so I think you're out for this round :(

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry! I should have also replied to you Butterfly750 - Purdue required everyone to choose an interview date by December 22nd so I think you're out for this round :(

WHOOPS! This is the pre-vet discussion :laugh::laugh::laugh: I thought this was the pharmacy thread hehehehe Sorry ^_^

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone interviewing this friday? I am and I'm so excited hopefully I'll meet some of you guys there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! My interviewers last year were fantastic! Just go in and act like you already know these people and you'll be set :)

I thought it went great! I really liked it there.

My interview went really well. I had great interviews and the school was so great and everyone was friendly. I also got to sit in on the applications and integrations class there and it was great to see a vet school problem based learning class in action. I even knew some of the physiology as the vet students decided on various mechanisms that would cause the theoretical symptoms that were displayed in the problem with the imaginary dog.

Last edited:
Actually, most of the cases we work on in class are real. They were real cases admitted to the hospital in previous years. After we do all the imaginary footwork we get to see what the doctors did in real life and what happened to the patients good or bad :cat:

Reactions: 2 users
Wow that's so cool. Thanks I didn't know they were real cases XD

Yep! So just don't take it personally if they die lol. That's just what happened in real life. Gets you prepared for clinicals.

Members don't see this ad :)
The banquet is the day of your interview, correct? Ohio State's is the night before so i figured I'd better check

Yes the banquet is the evening after interviews

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone interviewing this Friday, don't be nervous I thought it was a pretty laid back interview!

Good luck to everyone interviewing this Friday, don't be nervous I thought it was a pretty laid back interview!
It was definitely laid back. The interviewers were all friendly and conversational :)

Does anyone know what the attire is for the banquet? My parents don't know what they should wear haha.

Does anyone know what the attire is for the banquet? My parents don't know what they should wear haha.
Nice clothes, but nothing formal....like something you'd wear to church or Sunday dinner.

The students dress formal....but then again we're hosting sooo yeah. I guess it depends on how nice your church clothes are.

Looks like I will be withdrawing my application as I received a contract seat at UGA, it's hard to pass up in state tuition! Best of luck to everyone

When are we supposed to hear back by again?

just got a call from the Dean. I'm in!!! I'm IS as well, but good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Holy crap they're calling people today?

Anyone know how many days it takes him to call everyone? I'm just wondering for my own sanity haha.

Anyone know how many days it takes him to call everyone? I'm just wondering for my own sanity haha.
Last year he made calls over the course of a couples weeks...

I hope they don't string it out over a couple of weeks that would just be mean lol
I agree! but since I've been waiting since I submitted my application in September what's another few weeks at this point? haha

Called admissions and spoke to Amanda. She said we should be receiving emails by the end of next week!

After several rounds of phone tag today, I spoke with Dean Reed and am accepted! (IS)

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe they're doing IS first
Last year it seemed to be a mix of both IS and OOS, though it could certainly be IS first this time around.

For those who are waiting, don't despair! He started on a Wednesday night last year and made calls all the way until Monday, so just sit tight, try to keep busy, and hopefully you will get a call! :)

Last year it seemed to be a mix of both IS and OOS, though it could certainly be IS first this time around.

For those who are waiting, don't despair! He started on a Wednesday night last year and made calls all the way until Monday, so just sit tight, try to keep busy, and hopefully you will get a call! :)
Do you know if he made calls during the weekend?

Do you know if he made calls during the weekend?
For some reason I don't think he made as many during the weekend last year (if he did, it wasn't really broadcasted on FB/SDN).

Dr. Reed called me about an hour ago - I'm in!

Did anyone else feel like their interview was just quizzing and completely over-the-top kind of pressure and ridiculous questions? My interview really did not go well -- which has not been the case at any other school -- and i heard everyone say their interviews here were so chill and conversational, but i had dr reed as an interviewer and he was just so harsh...and it was far from laid back .... i am assuming i am the only one but i figured i would ask and see!

Did anyone else feel like their interview was just quizzing and completely over-the-top kind of pressure and ridiculous questions? My interview really did not go well -- which has not been the case at any other school -- and i heard everyone say their interviews here were so chill and conversational, but i had dr reed as an interviewer and he was just so harsh...and it was far from laid back .... i am assuming i am the only one but i figured i would ask and see!
Let me ease your fears a bit. Last year when I interviewed, everyone around me was coming out of rooms with wide ear-to-ear smiles and was saying how conversational and laid-back it was. I sighed in relief, thought of how good my other 2 interviews went, and entered my interview room. I was grilled over and over and over again by two vets who were completely unyielding and I was so taken aback that I stuttered through some of it and then broke down when I exited the room. A few weeks later, and I surprisingly got a phone call.

It's different for everyone, but the main point is that just because it seemed bad or really really hard, doesn't mean it actually went poorly. It could have just been the style of your interviewers. So don't lose hope! :)

My interview was the complete opposite. My interviewers were very conversational and laid back! I had 3 interviews and Purdue was by far my favorite one!

Let me ease your fears a bit. Last year when I interviewed, everyone around me was coming out of rooms with wide ear-to-ear smiles and was saying how conversational and laid-back it was. I sighed in relief, thought of how good my other 2 interviews went, and entered my interview room. I was grilled over and over and over again by two vets who were completely unyielding and I was so taken aback that I stuttered through some of it and then broke down when I exited the room. A few weeks later, and I surprisingly got a phone call.

It's different for everyone, but the main point is that just because it seemed bad or really really hard, doesn't mean it actually went poorly. It could have just been the style of your interviewers. So don't lose hope! :)
It's totally true and I felt so bad for her. But it all worked out, so don't fret too much.

I had a very similar experience!

Ah i broke down immediately after mine too!!! (something ive never done before!) You did really just ease my fears a good bit..not that i am convinced i'll get in haha it seemed to be such a horrid interview!..but it is good to know that there is some possibility left that i could SOMEHOW hear good news of some sort!!! Bc i really did fall in love with Purdue's program... but either way, i suppose what's meant is meant. Thank you sooo much for your sharing your experience!!

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in! Can't wait to meet you guys next year :) and you'd actually be surprised how many people in my class chose to come to purdue over their instate because they liked their interview experience so much! It really is like family here. And funny thing, the year I was accepted mypurdue made a mistake and told some of the people they had gotten in before the dean called. So everyone got called in a matter of a few days because a lot of people panicked that their mypurdue didn't tell them they got in.

I talked with a girl during the interview who had Dr. Reed as well, and she said something along the same lines of what you said. My interview wasn't like that at all. It wasnt completely relaxed but I didn't really feel much pressure from my interviewers at Purdue.

What do you mean by mypurdue?
Mypurdue is basically the website hub for all things Purdue. It's where I registered for classes as an undergrad, accepted my financial aid, updated address info, etc.