RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe the requirement is you have to live there for a year before matriculation, so if you move to a state in summer before the next year you wish to matriculate and work in that state, you can apply as a resident and receive resident tuition. Not sure if that's for everywhere, but I think for most.
That makes sense :)

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the requirement is you have to live there for a year before matriculation, so if you move to a state in summer before the next year you wish to matriculate and work in that state, you can apply as a resident and receive resident tuition. Not sure if that's for everywhere, but I think for most.

My father is applying for work in FL right now, so assuming he gets a position sometime this year, I will be a resident for at least a year before I matriculate, because I want to apply next cycle (c/o 2020).

Reactions: 1 user
That is so strange. I did notice that it is one school where nobody really has anything to say about what they tend to look for. Like everyone knows UF weighs GRE a little heavier than most schools for example, but I don't know anything about what Penn is looking for. Maybe it is completely random :laugh:
I highly doubt it's random. Vet schools probably borrow the Sorting Hat in December and let it decide which applicants truly belong at which schools.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I highly doubt it's random. Vet schools probably borrow the Sorting Hat in December and let it decide which applicants truly belong at which schools.

It could be telling of how anxious I am, but I had this mental movie of the Sorting Hat talking about vet schools like houses:

"Perhaps you'll be a Gator, they test like it's an art,
Or maybe a Lion, where admissions don't know where to start.
You could be a Wolf, they don't require interviews;
Elephants are grand, but they give your wallet the blues.
You could possibly be a Bear, the one place you can act;
Or even a Badger- they're cheap and exact.

"Consider also the Tigers, purple and black;
They both look at recent work, and that's a fact."

Reactions: 11 users
It could be telling of how anxious I am, but I had this mental movie of the Sorting Hat talking about vet schools like houses:

"Perhaps you'll be a Gator, they test like it's an art,
Or maybe a Lion, where admissions don't know where to start.
You could be a Wolf, they don't require interviews;
Elephants are grand, but they give your wallet the blues.
You could possibly be a Bear, the one place you can act;
Or even a Badger- they're cheap and exact.

"Consider also the Tigers, purple and black;
They both look at recent work, and that's a fact."
That is beautiful :laugh:

Had my ankle reconstructed yesterday and am pretty out of it on meds right now. I didn't sleep last night for unknown reasons and have been trying to nap today. I have been called no less than 4 times for stupid things people should be able to figure out. Instead, I'm being called every 30 minutes to 1 hr for things like the login to the dental xrays which is WRITTEN DOWN ON A FREAKING PIECE OF PAPER.

I can't tell if it's better that I haven't looked at them since starting medicine and thus don't have to stress or if it's worse because the open date is looming and I still don't know...ugh.

I thought I had it mostly sorted, until chatting with Dr S on Friday. So now some got taken off the list, and some other ones might end up back on the list. And I still need to finish my personal statement.

Really mundane thing, but I just finished How I Met Your Mother and I cried like a small child. SHE WAS PERFECT!!!! WHY?!?!

Reactions: 3 users
I have never felt more alone in a room full of people. Can't wait for this horrible classroom stuff to be over, and for clinics to start. At least the techs and assistants will talk to me.

I have never felt more alone in a room full of people. Can't wait for this horrible classroom stuff to be over, and for clinics to start. At least the techs and assistants will talk to me.

Come to the AVC! I need people on my side.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lab animal medicine is not just mice and rats :bang: I did not lie and declare mixed animal because I wanted jr surgery this semester. If I had a choice I wouldn't take surgery at all. I did not steal someone's spot, we all have to take this course :bang:

Ugggrrrhhh roommate. Yes, I'm happy to work out with you. No, you can't join me and my classmate on our morning runs, because you can't run!! You can't even do a mile. That's fine, and I couldn't either a year and a half ago, but I'm not going through the effort of dragging you out of bed at 6 in the morning to then have to run-walk some short distance. Get your crap together, do c25k, then come on our runs! Or plan another time in the evening, and I'll come with you, but you've canceled every time we do that.

Stop the excuses. I've not been excluding you from my workouts - hell, I paid for your pole teaser because you'd always wanted to try it. I woke you up every morning, twice a week, for two months to go to silks conditioning. When you said the classes were too expensive, I explained that buying the passes makes them pretty affordable, and I've told you whenever there were deals or groupons available. So frickin' stop it. Yes, I understand you can't climb the silks or do stuff on the pole or whatever - I couldn't either! That's why I've been going to the classes. Don't bitch that the "horse has already left the barn" because I've progressed in classes - you damn near kicked it out!! The horse put its freaking halter in your hands as it left, but you dropped it and let it walk out.

So I'm tired of hearing about it, and I'm tired of you complaining when I take classes, and I'm tired of you bitching about your weight. Just shut up, do something about it, and stop complaining about me - I can only support you so much.

Lab animal medicine is not just mice and rats :bang: I did not lie and declare mixed animal because I wanted jr surgery this semester. If I had a choice I wouldn't take surgery at all. I did not steal someone's spot, we all have to take this course :bang:

People are still giving you crap for that? They need to get over themselves. I sort of want to take some dairy stuff because I like cows and find them interesting even though I'm small animal/companion exotics interested.

People are still giving you crap for that? They need to get over themselves. I sort of want to take some dairy stuff because I like cows and find them interesting even though I'm small animal/companion exotics interested.

I thought it was over but before this class another person asked why I was mixed because I only own small animals...idk, I give up. I've tried to educate. I'm doing what I need to do and I'll take whatever electives I think will be useful and/or interesting.

I thought it was over but before this class another person asked why I was mixed because I only own small animals...idk, I give up. I've tried to educate. I'm doing what I need to do and I'll take whatever electives I think will be useful and/or interesting.

I don't get how it's anyone else's business what your designation is or what classes you've chosen?! Jeez.

Though I do enjoy the fact that the main three AVC people I know on here are all lab animal. :) @that redhead @Coquette22

so you have to own large animals to want to work with them? That's news to me.

Reactions: 2 users
Come to the AVC! I need people on my side.
I would totally be on your side! If you need someone to talk to, I am here. DVMD and I talk almost daily, and she helps keep me sane.

This makes no sense. Does everyone else that wants to do food animals own all the food animal species?

I'm sorry people are being jerks about that.

I just really don't like them together lol. I feel like the name of the show should have been something different ;)
Ha, well that part is something I won't get into, shipping debates never get anywhere :D Idk, i think it was clever how they framed it. I mean, you kind of had to know by the 4th or 5th season it wasnt *really* about how he met their mother...otherwise the story would have started a lot later :laugh: I like how @SummerTheLynx talks about it, but I don't want to steal his words.

W.T.F.? (And no, I don't mean the SDN member.) I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It's petty and stupid. By that logic, anyone wanting to go into bovine medicine should own cows. Both redhead and I declared mixed animal and at no point did anyone give us crap about it.

Ha, well that part is something I won't get into, shipping debates never get anywhere :D Idk, i think it was clever how they framed it. I mean, you kind of had to know by the 4th or 5th season it wasnt *really* about how he met their mother...otherwise the story would have started a lot later :laugh: I like how @SummerTheLynx talks about it, but I don't want to steal his words.
Haha shipping wars never end well! I think most of my irritation is because I really liked the mother and wanted to see more of her!

*****SPOILER ALERT, DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HIMYM SEASON FINALE********
Feel free to steal my words. For me, I am much more about how well overarching themes are supported rather than the actual details behind those themes. At the end of the series, you had two types of love juxtaposed against each other. To have Ted end up strictly with one over the other is making the claim that one of these loves is better than the other, which is a big no no thematically speaking. You can't have a divorce occur, b/c this runs into the same problem that one type of love simply works better than the other. Thus, the only way to go about this was to let each relationship run its course.

As an aside, the way that HIMYM deals with the concept of love throughout the series is simply phenomenal.

Reactions: 1 users
I really wish lectures would be up the night before. Or even early the morning of.

When the only thing you change is the date on the first slide from year to year to year, do you really need to wait until that day?!

The correct answer would be No.

I also love it when the lecture notes, the lecturer and the required textbook leave something to be desired.

Personally, I hate having to buy supplemental material because of incompetence.

Just finished calculating my spending for September. So far I'm not sure if getting a car has been a good or poor choice. And I realized how much I order out food and how expensive that can really get.

You should learn how to cook! It saves me so much money each week and is a good means of relaxation (at least for me anyway)

Aw, sweetie! Some days I feel like that too. Other days I just feel stupid.....no wait, that is every day. {{{hugs}}}

You should learn how to cook! It saves me so much money each week and is a good means of relaxation (at least for me anyway)
I know how to cook, it's just a matter of "Do I have the time to cook?"

Had class from 7:30 to 5 today. Just exhausted. And I have an exam tomorrow (that I'm 95% prepared for, but still). Le sigh. All I want to do is sleep.

W.T.F.? (And no, I don't mean the SDN member.) I'm sorry you're dealing with this. It's petty and stupid. By that logic, anyone wanting to go into bovine medicine should own cows. Both redhead and I declared mixed animal and at no point did anyone give us crap about it.

To be fair, our class is a lot more...cohesive than ky's. They're kind of notorious for this kind of behavior. Sorry you're having to deal with it ky, people are so ridiculous. You just do you.

Being on steroids makes me want to eat ALL THE THINGS.
Get yoself some red velvet cupcakes
and some Talenti
(or have the hubs get them for you if you prefer)

omg tonight I must choose between cupcakes, talenti, and strawberry cheesecake ice cream

Get yoself some red velvet cupcakes
and some Talenti
(or have the hubs get them for you if you prefer)

omg tonight I must choose between cupcakes, talenti, and strawberry cheesecake ice cream
my hubby went home for the day (and I don't have a ride right now at the parent's house)