RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This. is. the. WORST.
Being over 6' makes even "long" sized pants too short for me.

I don't mind the excuse to not wear high heals though ;)

Yeah, I wish I had the tall excuse when it comes to high heels. Instead I tell people that I prefer to have working and not broken ankles so I stay in stable shoes. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They probably exist somewhere but there's really no way to access them unless they get posted to our site, which they were not.

New rant: did very very poorly on aforementioned exam. For some reason, due to the style and format of the lectures and the overall well-organized format of the class, I was not expecting the kind of detailed nitpicky tricksy questions given on the exam. I was looking at broad concepts... the more fool I...
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure our entire class felt the same way. I could practically feel the despair in the room during that exam. Going into this exam was probably the most comfortable I've ever felt with thinking I understand what they wanted us to know (even if I didn't know it all), since the lectures were done so well and important stuff was all in pretty colors or bolded and they had those really helpful summary tables and several of the instructors ended their lectures with, "so this summary slide is really what you need to take away from this lecture," and then bam! Oops, sorry, we actually wanted you to know all the random little details that we didn't emphasize. I'm convinced they gave us the same exam they just gave to the third years this week... thanks to the side effect of the new curriculum they were actually covering the same material at the same time as us with the exact same lectures.

Chill out classmates. Yes I know our exam was scantron, but grades will not be posted immediately. We are not the only class taking exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay externship people. When I email you for more information, it is because you say on your website to email for more information. Don't just direct me to the website like I can't frickin' find things on my own... where the heck do you think I found your email address in the first place?

Also, no, that form actually didn't say who to submit it to on the front. That's why I asked to double check. But sure, I can apologize and pretend like it's my fault and I'm not able to read, when "please email so-and-so if you have any questions or concerns" definitely does not actually read as "send this form to her when it's done."

:rolleyes: silly but mildly aggravating things.

Got my second UG Micro exam back. Did awful again. Just this class I am struggle-bussing so much this semester. But I can't pinpoint why, so I don't know how to approach the TAs or professor for help.

A TON of my rotations got shuffled around during part 2 of scheduling. And it really screwed up my plans to present my research at a conference. UGH.

Got my second UG Micro exam back. Did awful again. Just this class I am struggle-bussing so much this semester. But I can't pinpoint why, so I don't know how to approach the TAs or professor for help.

I think its still worth talking a to them, even saying, "I can tell I'm struggling by my scores but I can't figure out why. Any ideas?" might bring up something unexpected. Hope you can figure it out :(

:( They change your things after they've given them to you?! That's horrid.
It wasn't intentional---just the way things worked out apparently. Just not happy about it. And I'm apparently SOL according to the associate dean.

Okay externship people. When I email you for more information, it is because you say on your website to email for more information. Don't just direct me to the website like I can't frickin' find things on my own... where the heck do you think I found your email address in the first place?

Also, no, that form actually didn't say who to submit it to on the front. That's why I asked to double check. But sure, I can apologize and pretend like it's my fault and I'm not able to read, when "please email so-and-so if you have any questions or concerns" definitely does not actually read as "send this form to her when it's done."

:rolleyes: silly but mildly aggravating things.
similarly - dear externship PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL ME BACK!!! my paperwork is due by the end of the week :O

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so annoyed that my calculator has been in radians and not degrees for this entire homework assignment! I am so much better than this.
*grumbles*

Reactions: 1 users
Can't stand up straight. Like, I'm bent over at 90 degrees walking around the house. Sitting hurts, laying hurts, everything hurts my lower back.
I've had heat laser, trigger point acupuncture, icing, ibuprofen, Tylenol, gabapentin, tramadol, flexaril, percocet, and a topical with ketoprofen and bupivicaine.

NOTHING helps. I've already got 3 herniated discs (L3-S1) and have degenerative disc disease. Wondering if I herniated another or extruded one of the others.

This is not what I need the week of my cardio final.

I seem to be ranting a lot lately, but here I go again.

Been preparing over the weekend for the big snowstorm that started last night and is supposed to continue through tomorrow morning with 6-12" forecast. Unfortunately on both today and tomorrow I had scheduled classes that have a heavy emphasis on participation points ie can't just stay cosied up at home and watch the lecture capture.

So I went to bed early last night to wake up early this morning and get on the road - usually a 25 minute drive, I left myself an hour and a half to get here. Well I still ended up 10 minutes late to my first morning class, checked my email and saw this message from the professor about the class that was the only reason I braved the drive in:

"Dear CVM 6923 class,

Yes, welcome to Minnesota! I realize that unexpected weather events do happen which can impede your ability to get to class.

I am planning on being there and the class is scheduled to be lecture captured. I will not count iClicker participation tomorrow but will post questions on the moodle site to be completed by Friday afternoon.

Safe travels."

So instead of spending probably 3+ hours of my life driving in this hell I could have sat at home, if only I'd thought to check my email at 11pm last night instead of being good and being in bed by then...

And apparently the road and the weather are only going to get worse.

Grrr...

Been preparing over the weekend for the big snowstorm that started last night and is supposed to continue through tomorrow morning with 6-12" forecast. Unfortunately on both today and tomorrow I had scheduled classes that have a heavy emphasis on participation points ie can't just stay cosied up at home and watch the lecture capture.

So I went to bed early last night to wake up early this morning and get on the road - usually a 25 minute drive, I left myself an hour and a half to get here. Well I still ended up 10 minutes late to my first morning class, checked my email and saw this message from the professor about the class that was the only reason I braved the drive in:

"Dear CVM 6923 class,

Yes, welcome to Minnesota! I realize that unexpected weather events do happen which can impede your ability to get to class.

I am planning on being there and the class is scheduled to be lecture captured. I will not count iClicker participation tomorrow but will post questions on the moodle site to be completed by Friday afternoon.

Safe travels."

So instead of spending probably 3+ hours of my life driving in this hell I could have sat at home, if only I'd thought to check my email at 11pm last night instead of being good and being in bed by then...

Grrr...

That happened to me last year. I live half an hour away from campus in the country and I stayed in town with a friend, only to have my entire school shut down. Oh well, still had to go to work to walk the dogs... But it's super frustrating! Hopefully your drive home isn't too bad. It's sleeting down here and I think most of it is gonna miss us now but it doesn't look fun up in the cities!

"Dear CVM 6923 class,

Safe travels."

Grrr...

This is the reason I always check my email or the local news about closures in the morning on days where the weather is bad, especially since I lived quite a ways out of town and on some secondarily maintained roads. Sorry you had to deal with this :(

Who forgets to take the needle off of a syringe and throws it in the garbage instead of with the sharps, and without even a cap!?
Doing garbages tonight as part of my kennel staff duties and I really didn't need to be stabbed in the finger with a used needle. Definitely a Monday.

How I'm feeling today:
Untitled 3.jpg

It's early November and everything's covered in a sheet of ice. I haven't slept through the night for the past 3 nights because I've been sick with my semesterly post exam hell week cold. Skipped class all day because I didn't sleep half the night last night and everyone would be mad at me if I came and coughed all over them during the middle of exam craziness. Was moderately productive, but never got around to moving my car off the street after it snowed and got a parking ticket. Efff. I just want to spend a week sitting at home watching netflix covered in blankets snuggling my cats and watching all the hungry birds show up at my new and improved bird feeder, and eating cookies. Granted, I did all of this today, but not having to read about epidemiology and think about the emails I should be sending now that I have a couple days lull in exams while doing all this would have been nice. Five more weeks, and then I can do this. Five long weeks...

Who forgets to take the needle off of a syringe and throws it in the garbage instead of with the sharps, and without even a cap!?
Doing garbages tonight as part of my kennel staff duties and I really didn't need to be stabbed in the finger with a used needle. Definitely a Monday.

Guilty. I've definitely thrown needles in the trash by accident.

Not uncapped, though, because I <always> violate the "don't re-cap the needle" rule and re-cap it. I'm not carrying open sharps around the hospital. I'd rather take the chance of poking myself in a relatively controlled situation than accidentally running into someone else and stabbing them.

How I'm feeling today:
View attachment 186939
It's early November and everything's covered in a sheet of ice. I haven't slept through the night for the past 3 nights because I've been sick with my semesterly post exam hell week cold. Skipped class all day because I didn't sleep half the night last night and everyone would be mad at me if I came and coughed all over them during the middle of exam craziness. Was moderately productive, but never got around to moving my car off the street after it snowed and got a parking ticket. Efff. I just want to spend a week sitting at home watching netflix covered in blankets snuggling my cats and watching all the hungry birds show up at my new and improved bird feeder, and eating cookies. Granted, I did all of this today, but not having to read about epidemiology and think about the emails I should be sending now that I have a couple days lull in exams while doing all this would have been nice. Five more weeks, and then I can do this. Five long weeks...

Hang in there, DL. It gets better. And you can do it. Promise. :)

Guilty. I've definitely thrown needles in the trash by accident.

Not uncapped, though, because I <always> violate the "don't re-cap the needle" rule and re-cap it. I'm not carrying open sharps around the hospital. I'd rather take the chance of poking myself in a relatively controlled situation than accidentally running into someone else and stabbing them.
There's a don't recap the needle rule?? :confused:

There's a don't recap the needle rule?? :confused:

Dunno 'bout where you're at, but every place I've ever been has pointed out that OSHA strongly recommends not re-capping. Here's verbiage from one of their many hand-outs: "Recapping, bending, or removing needles is permissible only if there is no feasible alternative or if such actions are required for a specific medical or dental procedure."

The "correct" (per OSHA) method of handling needles is to use an approved sharps container, which should have a notch for stripping the needle off the syringe and into the container, so that you're never grabbing at the needle, or recapping it, or whatever. (Technically, the "correct" OSHA method is to use needles that are designed to allow safe recapping, but that's not the point here.) Next time you to go throw a needle in a sharps container, look at the container and check out the little notches. I didn't even realize that's what they were for a long time. But then, I'm pretty dim compared to most of you.

The next step down safety-wise is the "recap it on the table" thing where you scoop the cap onto the needle, but I find that just annoying.

But yes, everyone re-caps a needle. :)

Dunno 'bout where you're at, but every place I've ever been has pointed out that OSHA strongly recommends not re-capping. Here's verbiage from one of their many hand-outs: "Recapping, bending, or removing needles is permissible only if there is no feasible alternative or if such actions are required for a specific medical or dental procedure."

The "correct" (per OSHA) method of handling needles is to use an approved sharps container, which should have a notch for stripping the needle off the syringe and into the container, so that you're never grabbing at the needle, or recapping it, or whatever. (Technically, the "correct" OSHA method is to use needles that are designed to allow safe recapping, but that's not the point here.) Next time you to go throw a needle in a sharps container, look at the container and check out the little notches. I didn't even realize that's what they were for a long time. But then, I'm pretty dim compared to most of you.

The next step down safety-wise is the "recap it on the table" thing where you scoop the cap onto the needle, but I find that just annoying.

The office manager at my real job forgot to do OSHA training with me for a while :lame: I eventually found out about the recapping on the table thing about...a week before I left. And I suppose they don't bother with safety stuff when you're a shelter volunteer.
But I didn't know about the notches! That's really cool!

I always re-cap needles... and the stupid "scoop" the cap onto the needle is far more dangerous than using your controlled hands to just put the cap back on... At least in my opinion. I like having control of both the needle and the cap and not playing some silly little scoop up the cap game...

Also I think the notches in sharp containers suck...

I also have the bad habit of taking the needle cap off with my mouth... oops. But everyone seems to do it in the places I worked at.

:shrug:

I think OSHA is kind of "crap" in some ways... yeah, they try to set safety guidelines and some of their stuff is definitely smart, but some of it doesn't see very practical and some seems more dangerous in ways...

I always re-cap needles... and the stupid "scoop" the cap onto the needle is far more dangerous than using your controlled hands to just put the cap back on... At least in my opinion. I like having control of both the needle and the cap and not playing some silly little scoop up the cap game...

I also have the bad habit of taking the needle cap off with my mouth... oops. But everyone seems to do it in the places I worked at.

I think OSHA is kind of "crap" in some ways... yeah, they try to set safety guidelines and some of their stuff is definitely smart, but some of it doesn't see very practical and some seems more dangerous in ways...
Yeah I wasn't "properly" trained until long after I had been recapping needles like a normal person. It was interesting to see how the three vets did it though. One would just leave uncapped needles everywhere for the techs to clean up, one would either recap (via the scoop method) or (more often) put them in the sharps container himself, and the other would usually just recap them with both hands. I think every experienced tech I've ever worked with has done the taking the needle cap off with their mouth thing when we were in the back treatment area - they usually wouldn't do it in the rooms.

I think most people do the mouth cap thing, I personally do it, and everyone I have ever worked was has done it.

And actually at my job, the OSHA training we did said to recap it, granted with the scoop rule (which let's be real, I don't know a single person who does that), but it is said to be more of a hazard to leave sharps uncapped, even in a sharps contained then to cap them. So meh...

I think most people do the mouth cap thing, I personally do it, and everyone I have ever worked was has done it.

And actually at my job, the OSHA training we did said to recap it, granted with the scoop rule (which let's be real, I don't know a single person who does that), but it is said to be more of a hazard to leave sharps uncapped, even in a sharps contained then to cap them. So meh...
Well, the OSHA training I just had said that if you have to travel to get it to the sharps container, recap. Otherwise don't, since you can injure yourself recapping a needle.

per their factsheet: "Recapping, bending, or removing needles is permissible only if there is no feasible alternative or if such actions are required for a specific medical or dental procedure."

https://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_BloodborneFacts/bbfact02.pdf

Huh. I knew nothing about this event, and didn't go, but we got mail from a UMN VP today that said: "It has come to my attention that the student-led Game Room Programming committee in Student Unions and Activities, part of the Office for Student Affairs, recently held an event titled ‘Galactic Fiesta’ at the game room in the St. Paul Student Center. The primary focus of the event was glow in the dark bowling. At the event, however, students and our mascot, Goldy Gopher, dressed in ponchos, wore sombreros, and participated in a themed party that has caused concern among several members of our campus community."

Personally, I think griping about an event like that is just plain silly. Learn to laugh a bit. Enjoy life. Recognize that your cultural background, whatever it is, has peculiar and unique customs that are probably fodder for someone else's party. Every time a party is held that pokes a little fun at some ethnic stereotypes and cliches it isn't some sort of racial attack. Please - feel free to hold a European/Caucasian/Whatever-themed party where you poke fun at my clothes, customs, foods, whatever. I won't be offended. I'll probably giggle a bit.

So. Curiosity. Do all of YOU think it's "insensitive" to hold the event described above?

And if so, don't you think I should get upset at all the 'old guy' fun that y'all send my way here on SDN? (I find it amusing, not offensive.)

Where's the line?

I'm genuinely curious what you younger types think.

Last edited:
Huh. I knew nothing about this event, and didn't go, but we got mail from a UMN VP today that said: "It has come to my attention that the student-led Game Room Programming committee in Student Unions and Activities, part of the Office for Student Affairs, recently held an event titled ‘Galactic Fiesta’ at the game room in the St. Paul Student Center. The primary focus of the event was glow in the dark bowling. At the event, however, students and our mascot, Goldy Gopher, dressed in ponchos, wore sombreros, and participated in a themed party that has caused concern among several members of our campus community."

Personally, I think griping about an event like that is just plain silly. Learn to laugh a bit. Enjoy life. Recognize that your cultural background, whatever it is, has peculiar and unique customs that are probably fodder for someone else's party. Every time a party is held in the U.S. that pokes a little fun at some ethnic stereotypes and cliches it isn't some sort of racial attack. Please - feel free to hold a European/Caucasian White-Person themed party where you poke fun at my clothes, customs, foods, whatever. I won't be offended. I'll probably giggle a bit.

So. Curiosity. Do all of YOU think it's "insensitive" to hold the event described above?

And if so, don't you think I should get upset at all the 'old guy' fun that y'all send my way here on SDN? (I find it amusing, not offensive.)

Where's the line?

I'm pretty sure even my family would crack up if people decided to wear dressy, frilly nonsense for clothes, spoke in ridiculous impressions of British accents and acted as stuck-up and snobbish as possible while drinking tea.

I personally find those kinds of events quite amusing. It's a sad, sad world we live in now it seems.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Sombreros? What the hell? It's a GALACTIC Fiesta people, time to be aliens! Another excuse for my 11th Doctor costume! (Not even a little bit joking here.)

I never know where to fall on these things. I'm never sure where the line between "harmless fun" and "mocking someone's culture" exists. I usually ere on the side the people probably aren't trying to mock other people. If there was a Canadian Party with beer and hockey and maple-flavoured foods... I'd probably go, cause that sounds like a good time.

Personally, I think griping about an event like that is just plain silly. Learn to laugh a bit. Enjoy life. Recognize that your cultural background, whatever it is, has peculiar and unique customs that are probably fodder for someone else's party. Every time a party is held that pokes a little fun at some ethnic stereotypes and cliches it isn't some sort of racial attack. Please - feel free to hold a European/Caucasian/Whatever-themed party where you poke fun at my clothes, customs, foods, whatever. I won't be offended. I'll probably giggle a bit.

Where's the line?

Hmm. It is interesting. I'm inclined not to try to speak for someone whose culture is being stereotyped. If they are the ones that take offense, then they have every right to that. But a lot of times it is people outside of the culture who are the ones who think someone should be offended. I think that's less valid.

I'm not sure where the line should be. Sure you can say to hold a European/Caucasian/Whatever party, but it doesn't hold the same weight. There isn't an oppressive history to any "white people" stereotypes that I could think of. Whereas for other cultures there is that baggage that comes with the stereotypes, so I can see how it would be hurtful. And then you have to wonder where the line is as you move down the spectrum. Obviously black face is unacceptable, and everybody knows this (or should). But where on the spectrum do things like that start becoming ok?

Maybe it's a generation thing (ha), but my reaction to this wouldn't be "Hey, we were just having fun, why does everyone have to get offended about everything?" I've had people react to my concerns about other things in that way, and it doesn't really help the situation to try to invalidate someone else's perspective. If people were genuinely concerned, then my intentions don't really mean much. I'm not going to try to defend something that hurt people. I guess my reaction would be more along the lines of "Sorry, I messed up, didn't mean anything by it but I understand your concern." There are so many ways to have fun that I don't really see it as limiting in any way. But that's just me. For your example, I wouldn't make old man jokes about you if I didn't know you thought they were amusing.

I think it is really important who the concerned parties were though. I don't think that the privileged group should be the one determining what is or is not racist in either direction.

Reactions: 5 users
That's absolutely ridiculous. Sombreros? What the hell? It's a GALACTIC Fiesta people, time to be aliens! Another excuse for my 11th Doctor costume! (Not even a little bit joking here.)

I never know where to fall on these things. I'm never sure where the line between "harmless fun" and "mocking someone's culture" exists. I usually ere on the side the people probably aren't trying to mock other people. If there was a Canadian Party with beer and hockey and maple-flavoured foods... I'd probably go, cause that sounds like a good time.

I definitely held a Canada party a couple years back... we had hockey on (and then a Balto drinking game, which I know is not Canadian, but I'm a child at heart...), various whisky shots, makeshift poutine and lots of maple foods. It was super fun.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm. It is interesting. I'm inclined not to try to speak for someone whose culture is being stereotyped. If they are the ones that take offense, then they have every right to that. But a lot of times it is people outside of the culture who are the ones who think someone should be offended. I think that's less valid.

I'm not sure where the line should be. Sure you can say to hold a European/Caucasian/Whatever party, but it doesn't hold the same weight. There isn't an oppressive history to any "white people" stereotypes that I could think of. Whereas for other cultures there is that baggage that comes with the stereotypes, so I can see how it would be hurtful. And then you have to wonder where the line is as you move down the spectrum. Obviously black face is unacceptable, and everybody knows this (or should). But where on the spectrum do things like that start becoming ok?

Maybe it's a generation thing (ha), but my reaction to this wouldn't be "Hey, we were just having fun, why does everyone have to get offended about everything?" I've had people react to my concerns about other things in that way, and it doesn't really help the situation to try to invalidate someone else's perspective. If people were genuinely concerned, then my intentions don't really mean much. I'm not going to try to defend something that hurt people. I guess my reaction would be more along the lines of "Sorry, I messed up, didn't mean anything by it but I understand your concern." There are so many ways to have fun that I don't really see it as limiting in any way. But that's just me. For your example, I wouldn't make old man jokes about you if I didn't know you thought they were amusing.

I think it is really important who the concerned parties were though. I don't think that the privileged group should be the one determining what is or is not racist in either direction.

I agree that knowing who the concerned parties were would shed a lot of light.

I agree that knowing who the concerned parties were would shed a lot of light.

(I don't really know that. You pretty much know everything I do about it.)

I take WZ's point, and I .... I dunno. I buy it in the sense that everyone gets to pick what's offensive to them. WZ's point was well written. And the person being stereotyped is really the final say over what's offensive.

But I'm also a little on the other side of the fence that says "c'mon, people, lighten the hell up." There's way too much "I'm OFFENDED!" nowadays. Get over yourselves. If I can tolerate being mocked for my age by all y'all, then someone else can probably tolerate a party being made using their cultural stereotypes.

It was a student bowling party. It's hard to argue that's some form of racial oppression (in my mind).

So. I dunno. I was genuinely curious what other people thought. (Thx, WZ. Well said.)

I take WZ's point, and I .... I dunno. I buy it in the sense that everyone gets to pick what's offensive to them. WZ's point was well written. And the person being stereotyped is really the final say over what's offensive.

But I'm also a little on the other side of the fence that says "c'mon, people, lighten the hell up." There's way too much "I'm OFFENDED!" nowadays. Get over yourselves. If I can tolerate being mocked for my age by all y'all, then someone else can probably tolerate a party being made using their cultural stereotypes.

It was a student bowling party. It's hard to argue that's some form of racial oppression (in my mind).

So. I dunno. I was genuinely curious what other people thought. (Thx, WZ. Well said.)

I'm pretty much in full agreement here. It would have been interesting to know who prompted the notification you got about it, though I realize there's no real way for us to know.

But does this mean I can't wear my sombrero anywhere? :(

Yeah I wasn't "properly" trained until long after I had been recapping needles like a normal person. It was interesting to see how the three vets did it though. One would just leave uncapped needles everywhere for the techs to clean up, one would either recap (via the scoop method) or (more often) put them in the sharps container himself, and the other would usually just recap them with both hands. I think every experienced tech I've ever worked with has done the taking the needle cap off with their mouth thing when we were in the back treatment area - they usually wouldn't do it in the rooms.
I've never been OSHA trained at either the clinic I work at now (since March) or the last one I worked at, I didn't even know that was a thing. o_O At the clinic I work at now we tend to leave needles lying around uncapped and then dispose of them as soon as possible, unless they'll need to be used again (e.g. on an IV fluid line). If we do recap them we just stick it on like normal. We're required to remove the caps before putting the needles in the sharps container, or the clinic gets in trouble. (At the last clinic I worked at I put capped needles in the sharps containers, but maybe I wasn't supposed to???) I have no idea if our sharps containers have notches, they look rather old. I guess recapping needles to walk over to the sharps container would be safer, but I don't think anyone does that since we're generally in a hurry and it's never a long walk to the container. For insulin syringes, since the needle doesn't come off we're allowed to cap them and throw them in the trash, or put the whole syringe in the sharps container if the cap is lost.

I definitely understand your view on it. And I myself am not offended by much. I just don't tend to project that chillness onto others because, well, some people are more sensitive about things. All in all I do think this particular event was harmless, sombreros aren't (in my opinion anyway) egregiously offensive. But like I said, I can't speak for those who are being stereotyped, and it could speak to larger oppressive trends that they may have experienced throughout their lives, rather than actually being about this one isolated event.

ETA: Though knowing how things like this tend to start, at least on the internet, I have a sneaking suspicion that the complaints may have originated from outside that cultural group.

I don't really see how it was offensive, then I am not Hispanic either but growing up in AZ I saw a lot of sombreros and ponchos and overall "Mexican" themed parties.... :laugh:

Also most Hispanic people I know would laugh, grab a sombrero and start playing some music while mixing up a margarita... They are always up for a good party... So... :shrug:

Getting my first IUD tmrw. I am nervous but feel slightly better after reading some of the previous posts from some of you. My body is usually a bit of an anomaly and apparently doesn't read the textbooks so I hope nothing too crazy happens. Cheers to womanhood!

On that Canada note... I'm currently applying for American naturalization, and the fee is nearly 700-freaking-dollars. I have so many things I could be spending my money on. :c

On that Canada note... I'm currently applying for American naturalization, and the fee is nearly 700-freaking-dollars. I have so many things I could be spending my money on. :c

I had a friend in undergrad who went through this whole process. It was a nightmare from what all I saw her going through... I wouldn't be able to pass the lame exam they make people take to become citizens... No wonder we have so many "illegal" immigrants... it costs a boat load of money and knowledge that the vast majority of Americans don't even have.

Good Luck! :luck:

Dear client,

I talked to you at 2pm yesterday. THen I saw your pet at 7pm. You called the (large animal only) answering service at 10pm and I was nice enough to call you back. I saw you again at 8am, talked to you at noon and 2pm.

Then, when I call you at 5 to go over discharge instructions, you have the nerve to act pissy when I tell you that my shift is ending and I will not be here at 8pm when you pick up your pet?
Bossman will be here, it's not like I'm abandoning your pet!

Getting my first IUD tmrw. I am nervous but feel slightly better after reading some of the previous posts from some of you. My body is usually a bit of an anomaly and apparently doesn't read the textbooks so I hope nothing too crazy happens. Cheers to womanhood!
I got my second Depo shot yesterday.
Babies:
Aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg

Reactions: 2 users