RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Went out at 11 AM to check the shovelling situation. Driveway clear. Go back out at 1PM to head to school (we actually had afternoon classes), and there's a snow bank at the end of my driveway, 2 feet high and 4 feet wide. Shovel out a big enough hole to get the car through, get maybe 100 feet down the road, and the road is totally blocked, snow pile 10 feet high. Apparently, the plows just decided we didn't actually need to go that way. Back up into a driveway, turn around and go the other way. I get home this evening and the snow pile at the end of my driveway is back, only bigger. I am over this.

Members don't see this ad.

We all used to joke about that first year when they told us that. But really, it's terrifying for the Canadians.

Note: When TR says "we all" she means the Americans. In no way were the Canadians joking. We were too busy metaphorically crapping our pants. Though it was generally agreed that it was the trade off for Canadian tuition.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Practice manager: PP9, why are you spinning down unlabeled blood? That should never be happening and can end up causing serious mistakes.
PP9: You're right, I'll be more careful.

PP9's inner thoughts: WHY ARE YOU PUTTING YOUR UNLABELED BLOOD IN LINE TO BE SPUN?! Why am I responsible for labeling your tubes?! What happens when you put two sets of tubes in line?! Do I guess?! Is it that hard to write the names on the tubes and then draw the blood?!

I was trained that any blood in line should have already been labeled by the tech who drew it. Never thought to double check since that isn't something I'm supposed to be doing...I could mess it up even if I had checked and labeled them with the names I thought were correct.....

I'm certainly crapping my pants.

Crapping my pants certainly worked for me, so I suspect it will work for you.

Argh, why is it that fake doctors always bring back coding patients with asystole with defibrillators on tv?

Because duh, the defibber is to restart a quiescent heart. If there were jagged lines on the cardiac monitor, then it obviously doesn't need restarting. Gawd. Get with it. Didn't you go to vet school?

Reactions: 1 users
Argh, why is it that fake doctors always bring back coding patients with asystole with defibrillators on tv?
An inherent lack of understanding of what a defibrillator actually does? This one bugs me. It's right up there with bad ECG tattoos (yes, I know what you meant people, but in truth, that's v-tach and it's BAD...), and people closing their eyes when they die.

I was trained that any blood in line should have already been labeled by the tech who drew it. Never thought to double check since that isn't something I'm supposed to be doing...I could mess it up even if I had checked and labeled them with the names I thought were correct.....

It might not be your job/how you were trained, but it's a good habit to get into. Whether it's sample tubes, medications, whatever. I try to remember to double check drug doses from the pharmacy before giving them to patients. I've actually had our pharmacy script out my personal dog the wrong mg tablet for what he was prescribed. I didn't double check the script/discharge instructions to what I was given and overdosed him for like two weeks. Luckily the med didn't have any serious side effects (it just worked really well), but for certain meds, that could have gone horribly wrong.

Practice manager: PP9, why are you spinning down unlabeled blood? That should never be happening and can end up causing serious mistakes.
PP9: You're right, I'll be more careful.

PP9's inner thoughts: WHY ARE YOU PUTTING YOUR UNLABELED BLOOD IN LINE TO BE SPUN?! Why am I responsible for labeling your tubes?! What happens when you put two sets of tubes in line?! Do I guess?! Is it that hard to write the names on the tubes and then draw the blood?!

The better lesson to learn isn't to be upset with the practice manager... it's to realize that most medical mistakes require multiple people before they actually become significant. You had the chance to backstop the first mistake and you blew it just as much as the person who failed to label the sample. It's kinda common sense: if you handle a lab sample, you should check to make sure it's labeled. If not, you're assuming that the techs never make any mistakes, which is a silly assumption, right?

I've only been involved in a couple serious medical errors (and fortunately, none have amounted to harm to the patient), but they've all required multiple people to screw up. So the lesson is: doublecheck everything. You might catch your mistake or someone else's. And someone else might catch your mistake.

Not trying to poke at you. We all make mistakes. Just sayin'.... learn the right lesson from this one. Might save your ass (or someone else's) down the line.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm not saying I shouldn't have checked. I'm just getting sick of the "well I don't have time to do that" attitude that the doctor and manager have when it comes to things such as logging results for tests they've read, labelling tubes, etc. How am I supposed to put ear cytology results from this morning in when you don't have time to do it yourself/write them down in the logbook? Which was her explanation for why she didn't label them. Surely she wasn't trying to cover up that she forgot. And if I try to flag them down to get results/names straightened out, I'm yelled at for dealing with someone else's case. :unsure:

Plus, not sure our manager is capable of making a mistake :rolleyes: to be honest, I have labeled unlabeled tubes before and gotten reamed out for it since it wasn't "my blood," even though I watched the draw and was 100% confident on the labeling. There's no consistency.

I'm not saying I shouldn't have checked. I'm just getting sick of the "well I don't have time to do that" attitude that the doctor and manager have when it comes to things such as logging results for tests they've read, labelling tubes, etc. How am I supposed to put ear cytology results from this morning in when you don't have time to do it yourself/write them down in the logbook? Which was her explanation for why she didn't label them. Surely she wasn't trying to cover up that she forgot. And if I try to flag them down to get results/names straightened out, I'm yelled at for dealing with someone else's case. :unsure:

Plus, not sure our manager is capable of making a mistake :rolleyes: to be honest, I have labeled unlabeled tubes before and gotten reamed out for it since it wasn't "my blood," even though I watched the draw and was 100% confident on the labeling. There's no consistency.
No offense...but it is on you if they tell you to do it. That becomes part of your job. And believe me, the doctor is way busier than you think

Members don't see this ad :)
No offense...but it is on you if they tell you to do it. That becomes part of your job. And believe me, the doctor is way busier than you think
Indirectly. It's the vet assistant/tech who logs all of the in house tests in the patient records each night. Unfortunately, since I am now taking in patients of my own due to short staffing, I cannot sit by the microscope to make sure the doctor tells me the results so I can write them down.

I know the doctor is busy. That's not what I'm saying. But if you're too busy to record something as short as "2+ cocci," maybe it's best to not read those tests and leave them for our only tech to do...

Indirectly. It's the vet assistant/tech who logs all of the in house tests in the patient records each night. Unfortunately, since I am now taking in patients of my own due to short staffing, I cannot sit by the microscope to make sure the doctor tells me the results so I can write them down.

I know the doctor is busy. That's not what I'm saying. But if you're too busy to record something as short as "2+ cocci," maybe it's best to not read those tests and leave them for our only tech to do...
but maybe you have a pet that needs meds immediately and you need to see the results of the test immediately. They may be doing things like that for a reason YOU don't understand.

If you can't log them into the computer system/record right away (meaning you don't have time to get on a computer/track down the file), is there a way to possibly have a little white board or something right by the station where the pt's name can be written down with the results? We do this all the time where I work and then whoever gets a free moment just enters everyone's results. And dy makes a good point. There are times were needed results right away, but didn't have time to actually put it in the record. It still got written down somewhere so that it could be entered later.

If you can't log them into the computer system/record right away (meaning you don't have time to get on a computer/track down the file), is there a way to possibly have a little white board or something right by the station where the pt's name can be written down with the results? We do this all the time where I work and then whoever gets a free moment just enters everyone's results. And dy makes a good point. There are times were needed results right away, but didn't have time to actually put it in the record. It still got written down somewhere so that it could be entered later.
Well that's my point, they aren't getting written down. So I can't record them into the computer when we're closing up. We have a whole binder dedicated to jotting down in-house test results. The doctor just doesn't do the jotting.

I'm not saying I shouldn't have checked. I'm just getting sick of the "well I don't have time to do that" attitude that the doctor and manager have when it comes to things such as logging results for tests they've read, labelling tubes, etc.

No doubt, that's very frustrating. :( But my point is that if you had time to handle the sample, you had time to check it for a label. That's all. It's really important in medicine - for the sake of our patients and protecting our own licenses and the licenses of the people working with us - that we recognize that when we miss the chance to catch a coworker's mistake, that's just as big a failure as their original mistake.

No doubt, that's very frustrating. :( But my point is that if you had time to handle the sample, you had time to check it for a label. That's all. It's really important in medicine - for the sake of our patients and protecting our own licenses and the licenses of the people working with us - that we recognize that when we miss the chance to catch a coworker's mistake, that's just as big a failure as their original mistake.
Yeah i understand what you're saying. I just get sick of being responsible for everything, then being treated like I'm five. All in one day. I'm trying to show that I'm an asset to the clinic, and getting reamed out for a label like that brings me down a lot.

Another rant: I also really dislike discharging surgeries I've had nothing to do with. Even better if I wasn't even working on the day they were performed. It leads to a lot of "uh....let me go ask the doctor that question...."

Yeah i understand what you're saying. I just get sick of being responsible for everything, then being treated like I'm five.
I also find that a lot of young people like to bring this up. Correction doesn't equal being treated like you are 5. Nothing you stated above is being treated like you are 5. I understand why you are frustrated but correction is a part of any job.

Reactions: 1 user
I always find it mildly frustrating when pre-vets rant about their doctors. Until you've been in that position, it's very easy to judge.
Idk...do you yourself read a test and straight up walk away? You don't jot down the results so they can be recorded into the patient's record? Do you get offended when said prevet hunts you down before you leave so said recording can be done properly?

I also find that a lot of young people like to bring this up. Correction doesn't equal being treated like you are 5. Nothing you stated above is being treated like you are 5. I understand why you are frustrated but correction is a part of any job.
Correction doesn't always equal that. Word choice and tone of voice can. And I wasnt referring to being told I made a mistake as being treated like I'm five, to be clear.

Idk...do you yourself read a test and straight up walk away? You don't jot down the results so they can be recorded into the patient's record? Do you get offended when said prevet hunts you down before you leave so said recording can be done properly?
sometimes I dont have a pen or time to find one, so yeah, sometimes I walk away without jotting one down.

I don't get offended when asked, but I don't know the exact circumstances around that. Am I talking to another tech/client/manager and being interrupted?

Correction doesn't always equal that. Word choice and tone of voice can. And I wasnt referring to being told I made a mistake as being treated like I'm five, to be clear.
I was following your thoughts in what you posted and it comes across that way.

Yes, every vet I worked with did this on multiple occasions. Yes often they don't have time to write it down or tell you right then. Ask them later. Or check their medical notes as they often record them in the SOAP. Keep yourself a small notepad with things throughout the day that didn't get recorded, find info when there is time.

I don't really get what is going on here. So like, an ear cytology slide is made and the doctor takes a peek, but it's something that the tech normally reads and records in a book? Does the doctor take that info from the book and then put it in the SOAP notes? Or does the doctor always look at all the slides and put it in the SOAP notes, but not in a separate "lab results" book? Or is it that if the doctor leaves without jotting it down somewhere, there's no trace of it anywhere and doesn't make it into the medical records? How is this usually supposed to work?

At least with me, either I read cytologies for things like FNA's and put it in the medical records. Or for things like ear slides and urine sediment the techs read them and hands me a slip of paper with the results and I write it into the medical records with my soap notes. So I'm not seeing what exactly is happening with PP's situation.

I don't really get what is going on here. So like, an ear cytology slide is made and the doctor takes a peek, but it's something that the tech normally reads and records in a book? Does the doctor take that info from the book and then put it in the SOAP notes? Or does the doctor always look at all the slides and put it in the SOAP notes, but not in a separate "lab results" book? Or is it that if the doctor leaves without jotting it down somewhere, there's no trace of it anywhere and doesn't make it into the medical records? How is this usually supposed to work?

At least with me, either I read cytologies for things like FNA's and put it in the medical records. Or for things like ear slides and urine sediment the techs read them and hands me a slip of paper with the results and I write it into the medical records with my soap notes. So I'm not seeing what exactly is happening with PP's situation.

The clinic I worked at the vet would write it in SOAP and there'd be a separate lab tab that the techs were responsible for recording the info in. Made it easier to find results later. Also there were some reports the clinic would run on labs that would only work if recorded in that proper tab by the techs.

the vet read the cytology and didn't write down results in the log book. I think she is indicating that if not written there, they do not make it to the notes.

It all depends on how you do things. Typically if I read a slide, I will verbally tell a tech so they can write it down or into the notes or remember it and write it directly into the notes later. Usually, if I am reading a slide it is because 1) it is complicated, 2) it is slammed, or 3) it's an unusual case or 4) something that tech is uncomfortable looking at.

The clinic I worked at the vet would write it in SOAP and there'd be a separate lab tab that the techs were responsible for recording the info in. Made it easier to find results later. Also there were some reports the clinic would run on labs that would only work if recorded in that proper tab by the techs.

Yeah, that would make sense, but if that were the case, what's the big deal? Why can't the tech responsible for logging everything go find that info in the records at the end of the day? I feel like I'm missing something here

Yeah, that would make sense, but if that were the case, what's the big deal? Why can't the tech responsible for logging everything go find that info in the records at the end of the day? I feel like I'm missing something here

Yeah, that was my point earlier, go look in the SOAP, but don't know if that's how it works at pinkpuppy's place or not

the vet read the cytology and didn't write down results in the log book. I think she is indicating that if not written there, they do not make it to the notes.

That's what I thought I was reading initially.

If that were truly the case though, I kinda feel bad for PP. I mean, it's not like she can read minds... Unless it's the tech's responsibility to read and record the lab results, if the vet reads it you'd think s/he should be responsible for writing it in him/herself in the notes OR dictating it to a tech, or otherwise making sure that it makes it in the records somehow. Not just walking away and expecting someone to come ask them later what they saw. I mean I get that might happen if the vet's slammed and doesn't have a pen and there are no techs around or something, but ultimately it's the vet who's responsible for the medical records.

That's what I thought I was reading initially.

If that were truly the case though, I kinda feel bad for PP. I mean, it's not like she can read minds... Unless it's the tech's responsibility to read and record the lab results, if the vet reads it you'd think s/he should be responsible for writing it in him/herself in the notes OR dictating it to a tech, or otherwise making sure that it makes it in the records somehow. Not just walking away and expecting someone to come ask them later what they saw. I mean I get that might happen if the vet's slammed and doesn't have a pen and there are no techs around or something, but ultimately it's the vet who's responsible for the medical records.
I agree completely with this aspect. She was asking why the vet was even reading it.

She has repeatedly stated here that this vet has a temper issue. So I would imagine if the vet were interrupted for the info, it might not go over well. That being said if she's being told to do certain things then being corrected when there are issues, that's not being "treated like a child" even if you don't believe they are your issues or problems

Normally, the doctor doesn't ready anything unless something really weird is going on with a slide. Since we are down to one tech, she is the only other microscope-confident person in the clinic. Even though we started sending routine fecals out, our ear cytology/FNA/etc. slides pile up. She reads them, writes down the meds she wants, and walks away. I cannot predict why she wanted Mal-otic instead of Derma-vet, or anything like that. Neither can another clinic if we fax records or something.

The tech reads the slide, logs the test/result, and myself or the tech input the results into the computer record when there's time. The tech also always writes them on the 'circle sheet' next to the ear cytology code. I have very gently said, "Doctor, I was just wondering if you were able to read that ear cytology. Nothing was written in the binder, but it looks like the charge for the ear cytology was put into the computer." I got a "It's not my job to write down test results, and I don't have time for things like that." I know the doctor is busy. She has 3 kids, 6-day weeks, etc. I'm not trying to say she's being lazy...I'm just trying to do a good job here. I've been asked to look up things like past ear cytologies to see how chronic a problem is only to find out that nothing was input into the computer and there's nothing in the exam notes. The doctor freaks me out by saying medical notes and histories are the only way to save yourself in a lawsuit (which I'm not denying), so I want to make sure things are done right.

Sorry to make my rant more confusing than it had to be...lol.
I was following your thoughts in what you posted and it comes across that way.
Even so, there is a difference between something like, "Hey, just so you know for next time, ___ should go here, not there" and "Did you really think putting it there was correct? Is this really that hard? This shouldn't be that hard." Followed by "That pisses me off" when you leave the room, and then finding out that you were complained about to your coworkers for it as well. I'm not saying mistakes shouldn't be corrected. They should. However, I think there are certain ways situations shouldn't be handled, and treating someone like they have the decision-making skills/intelligence or a preschooler just because they didn't realize they put something in the wrong place...

I answered the phone the other night and was told I was not allowed to answer a phone because the manager didn't teach me how. 1. We're not allowed to ignore the phone on its third ring 2. The last staff meeting told us that everyone is to make a movement towards the nearest phone on the third ring 3. I have more reception experience than the receptionists, and the bosses know this. To me, that's treating me like a child and assuming I cannot handle basic responsibilities unless my hand is held. I can understand that previous experience may have caused the manager to not want anyone answering the phone without permission, but then why tell me I should answer it if the receptionists cannot? o_O

Edit: I can completely understand that the doctor could just be out of habit with reading a test and then writing the results. But then don't get frustrated with me for trying to make sure everything is recorded. Sigh.

I answered the phone the other night and was told I was not allowed to answer a phone because the manager didn't teach me how. 1. We're not allowed to ignore the phone on its third ring 2. The last staff meeting told us that everyone is to make a movement towards the nearest phone on the third ring 3. I have more reception experience than the receptionists, and the bosses know this. To me, that's treating me like a child and assuming I cannot handle basic responsibilities unless my hand is held. I can understand that previous experience may have caused the manager to not want anyone answering the phone without permission, but then why tell me I should answe
You may have more experience, but not necessarily at this clinic. It's not treating you like a child to want to train you on how they do things instead of what you think you know. Instead, ask the manager one day if she can briefly summarize what you need to know about answering the phone for them so you can jump in and help where needed.

If the vet doesn't communicate what is needed in notes it is her butt on the line not yours. While I understand your rant, it sounds like everyone is very stressed and may be inappropriately dealing with that stress. I wouldn't take it personally

You may have more experience, but not necessarily at this clinic. It's not treating you like a child to want to train you on how they do things instead of what you think you know. Instead, ask the manager one day if she can briefly summarize what you need to know about answering the phone for them so you can jump in and help where needed.

If the vet doesn't communicate what is needed in notes it is her butt on the line not yours. While I understand your rant, it sounds like everyone is very stressed and may be inappropriately dealing with that stress. I wouldn't take it personally
I'm doing my best not to. I'm usually pretty good at letting things roll of my back, but it's been kinda non-stop lately. And everyone else is overwhelmed and frustrated, so we're all feeling it. It's getting to the point where I can literally see a look of panic/fear in a coworker's face when their name is called. It shouldn't be that way.

Normally, the doctor doesn't ready anything unless something really weird is going on with a slide. Since we are down to one tech, she is the only other microscope-confident person in the clinic. Even though we started sending routine fecals out, our ear cytology/FNA/etc. slides pile up. She reads them, writes down the meds she wants, and walks away. I cannot predict why she wanted Mal-otic instead of Derma-vet, or anything like that. Neither can another clinic if we fax records or something.

The tech reads the slide, logs the test/result, and myself or the tech input the results into the computer record when there's time. The tech also always writes them on the 'circle sheet' next to the ear cytology code. I have very gently said, "Doctor, I was just wondering if you were able to read that ear cytology. Nothing was written in the binder, but it looks like the charge for the ear cytology was put into the computer." I got a "It's not my job to write down test results, and I don't have time for things like that." I know the doctor is busy. She has 3 kids, 6-day weeks, etc. I'm not trying to say she's being lazy...I'm just trying to do a good job here. I've been asked to look up things like past ear cytologies to see how chronic a problem is only to find out that nothing was input into the computer and there's nothing in the exam notes. The doctor freaks me out by saying medical notes and histories are the only way to save yourself in a lawsuit (which I'm not denying), so I want to make sure things are done right.

Sorry to make my rant more confusing than it had to be...lol.

Even so, there is a difference between something like, "Hey, just so you know for next time, ___ should go here, not there" and "Did you really think putting it there was correct? Is this really that hard? This shouldn't be that hard." Followed by "That pisses me off" when you leave the room, and then finding out that you were complained about to your coworkers for it as well. I'm not saying mistakes shouldn't be corrected. They should. However, I think there are certain ways situations shouldn't be handled, and treating someone like they have the decision-making skills/intelligence or a preschooler just because they didn't realize they put something in the wrong place...

I answered the phone the other night and was told I was not allowed to answer a phone because the manager didn't teach me how. 1. We're not allowed to ignore the phone on its third ring 2. The last staff meeting told us that everyone is to make a movement towards the nearest phone on the third ring 3. I have more reception experience than the receptionists, and the bosses know this. To me, that's treating me like a child and assuming I cannot handle basic responsibilities unless my hand is held. I can understand that previous experience may have caused the manager to not want anyone answering the phone without permission, but then why tell me I should answer it if the receptionists cannot? o_O

Edit: I can completely understand that the doctor could just be out of habit with reading a test and then writing the results. But then don't get frustrated with me for trying to make sure everything is recorded. Sigh.

If this clinic is that stressful, why do you want to go back and work there after starting vet school?

If this clinic is that stressful, why do you want to go back and work there after starting vet school?
I wouldn't say I "want" to. Ideally, I'd spend my vacations sitting on my butt. However, the idea of being able to bring in some cash during a 3 week holiday break sounds nice. I don't think I'd be able to pop in and out of any job like that, even outside of vet med. At least not without hiding the fact that I would be leaving a few weeks later. Summer break is different. Maybe I could find another place, maybe I couldn't. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking for another place right now. I'm just finding that if I say I'm leaving in about 5 months, I get shut down right away. I also don't want to be misleading.

I'm not saying mistakes shouldn't be corrected. They should. However, I think there are certain ways situations shouldn't be handled, and treating someone like they have the decision-making skills/intelligence or a preschooler just because they didn't realize they put something in the wrong place...
I'm doing my best not to. I'm usually pretty good at letting things roll of my back, but it's been kinda non-stop lately. And everyone else is overwhelmed and frustrated, so we're all feeling it. It's getting to the point where I can literally see a look of panic/fear in a coworker's face when their name is called. It shouldn't be that way.
It sounds like the atmosphere at your clinic is very similar to the one I work at, and I sympathize. The stress has really been getting to me this week. When I'm there I'm constantly on edge and terrified of messing up or forgetting to do something, and when I go home I'm stressed out about having to go back the next day.

It sounds like the atmosphere at your clinic is very similar to the one I work at, and I sympathize. The stress has really been getting to me this week. When I'm there I'm constantly on edge and terrified of messing up or forgetting to do something, and when I go home I'm stressed out about having to go back the next day.
Sorry you have to deal with it, too. We've also had a really weird week. Monday, we had no appointments, Tuesday, we had a Beneful suspect dog die on the way to the clinic (turned out to be severe pancreatitis) and a cat we've been trying to 'fix' end up dying at home. Wednesday (my day off) had a diaphragmatic hernia on necropsy, and the stomach was by the heart (and this was a dog that we had just gotten over a back injury). And today was emergencies on emergencies.

On a different topic, a small rant from earlier that I just remembered: Dear client, when it takes two techs to restrain your fractious four-pound kitten for a nail trim, it does not help to have you laughing over there like this is the cutest thing he's ever done while we're desperately trying to keep ourselves and the doctor from being bitten. :mad:

I wouldn't say I "want" to. Ideally, I'd spend my vacations sitting on my butt.
Related: I told my mom I was planning on working at least part time this summer. She told me I should take the summer off. Such an enabler...

It depends how she is being corrected. There are a lot of supervisors who have no clue how to properly correct someone. I worked for someone who made me feel like I was a mentally ******ed three-year-old once and that was when I had a veterinary degree and was in my 40's. We had an extremely loud argument about it at the end of the day in which I demanded better treatment, and the next day I received a very sincere apology and a promise that it would never happen again. Sometimes you need to stand up to bullies who happen to be in a supervisory capacity. Just because someone is a supervisor does not mean that they are any good at it.

It depends how she is being corrected. There are a lot of supervisors who have no clue how to properly correct someone. I worked for someone who made me feel like I was a mentally ******ed three-year-old once and that was when I had a veterinary degree and was in my 40's. We had an extremely loud argument about it at the end of the day in which I demanded better treatment, and the next day I received a very sincere apology and a promise that it would never happen again. Sometimes you need to stand up to bullies who happen to be in a supervisory capacity. Just because someone is a supervisor does not mean that they are any good at it.
True. But I've noticed a few times that some people feel defensive about any correction. I'm not saying that this is what is happening with Pink puppy. But just because you are receiving criticism doesn't mean you are being treated like a child

Is this approval of thst idea? Lol.
Related: I told my mom I was planning on working at least part time this summer. She told me I should take the summer off. Such an enabler...
My thought process is that any little bit helps. If I can rake in almost $1000 every Christmas break, that can be $1000 I don't borrow. Or I use to repay. Or something. But I also really, really want to be bedridden during vacations.

Is this approval of thst idea? Lol.

My thought process is that any little bit helps. If I can rake in almost $1000 every Christmas break, that can be $1000 I don't borrow. Or I use to repay. Or something. But I also really, really want to be bedridden during vacations.
You know, I get that we drill into prevets to save as much on loans as possible, but it really is important to have time off. I don't think you will really get how burnt out you will be at winter break. I would plan on just relaxing.