RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Endoscopy results came back and my dog only has IBD, nothing more serious. And he has regained some of the weight he lost, and his proteins and cholesterol are up on his new diet (for those of you reading the new nutrition thread....he is on Purina HA... hydrolyzed veggie proteins are the way to go!)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: relief!

Members don't see this ad.

I was assigned a mentor from the UGA vet school to talk to about all kinds of stuff related to taking classes and admissions. I'm pretty excited to hear from her. :]

Also, I don't know if anybody else cares, but...

It's Pokemon Profile Picture Month! :D

attachment.php

Members don't see this ad :)
Endoscopy results came back and my dog only has IBD, nothing more serious. And he has regained some of the weight he lost, and his proteins and cholesterol are up on his new diet (for those of you reading the new nutrition thread....he is on Purina HA... hydrolyzed veggie proteins are the way to go!)

Yay! Definitely take advantage of the Purina feeding program; that stuff is expensive. My dog was on it for a 12 week food trial and he went through it really fast.

Yay! Definitely take advantage of the Purina feeding program; that stuff is expensive. My dog was on it for a 12 week food trial and he went through it really fast.
Yeah, I was bummed I couldn't order it right away... Had to buy a bag from the hospital to get started. Still it will last my little guy a few months.

Excellent news!! :woot:

Also, delighted to hear that the new diet is working out for him and will keep my :xf: that it continues to work. My 14 year-old cat has had IBD for almost her entire life and we've had to switch diets more than once. These days, she's on steroids and I just accept that she'll eat what she's willing (currently Royal Canin selected protein and Purina kitten chow). I simply give thanks she hasn't been 'refunding' it all over my living room rug and she 'making it' to the box.

Excellent news!! :woot:

Also, delighted to hear that the new diet is working out for him and will keep my :xf: that it continues to work. My 14 year-old cat has had IBD for almost her entire life and we've had to switch diets more than once. These days, she's on steroids and I just accept that she'll eat what she's willing (currently Royal Canin selected protein and Purina kitten chow). I simply give thanks she hasn't been 'refunding' it all over my living room rug and she 'making it' to the box.
We are avoiding steroids for now. I thought steroids made them more polyphagic. Surprised she is still picky (my cat is unbelievably finicky...will only eat one flavor of one brand of cat food...nothing else).

We are avoiding steroids for now. I thought steroids made them more polyphagic. Surprised she is still picky (my cat is unbelievably finicky...will only eat one flavor of one brand of cat food...nothing else).

Yeah the steroids make them hungry. My dog took up eating poop, plastic, metal, tennis balls (whole) when he started the steroids... watch out!!

Oh, and the peeing ALL THE TIME is fun too.

Yeah the steroids make them hungry. My dog took up eating poop, plastic, metal, tennis balls (whole) when he started the steroids... watch out!!

Oh, and the peeing ALL THE TIME is fun too.
My dog already is ravenous all the time due to seizure meds. And I have become a cat-poop nazi because he will eat that if I let him, and grass. Oh my, I think he could be a cow or a horse or some other ruminant he tries to eat grass so much. He could really use an omasum.:laugh:

So adding to the trouble with steroids is really not ideal.

Well, it appears that my entire class survived the first semester. My GPA ended up being higher than my undergrad, which is kind of cool. That's not saying a whole lot, but I'm happy.

this might be the best news I heard all day. :D Hm, now to limit myself to the original 151 or branch out...... :love:

I am definitely loyal to the original ones when it comes to stuff like this! My grandma in Germany is looking for my old GameBoy Color right now so that I can play my old games again! :}

Members don't see this ad :)
My dog already is ravenous all the time due to seizure meds. And I have become a cat-poop nazi because he will eat that if I let him, and grass. Oh my, I think he could be a cow or a horse or some other ruminant he tries to eat grass so much. He could really use an omasum.:laugh:

So adding to the trouble with steroids is really not ideal.

Rumen;)

I actually started with my pit bull program. Nothing big yet, just a blog, but you gotta start somewhere, right? Finals are about to start and then I'm going to Germany the day after my last one, so there won't be much time for anything big, but there is for small stuff. Like blog posts. :]

I actually started with my pit bull program. Nothing big yet, just a blog, but you gotta start somewhere, right? Finals are about to start and then I'm going to Germany the day after my last one, so there won't be much time for anything big, but there is for small stuff. Like blog posts. :]

Sometimes the first step is truly the hardest. :hello: Best of luck & safe trip!!!

The UFC fights tonight are FREE on Spike at 8pm!! And, one of my former teammates is fighting...Stephen 'Badass' Bass from Savannah, GA! He's made the big show and I'm so proud. He was just on The Ultimate Fighter reality TV show and this is the finale. Pretty cool. My former coach in his corner too...wild.

Grabbing my popcorn and ice cold beer....

My OSU Cowboys just DEMOLISHED the OU Sooners! Big 12 Champs!

I just bought myself a ridiculously beautiful, ridiculously expensive (but on sale!) new knife. Happy belated birthday and early solstice to ME!
:love:

EVgGI.png

Is that a shun knife?

Yup - 7" santoku premier. I'm seriously still giddy about it like 12 hours later. I've been using crappy hand-me-down steak knives to cut everything for the last couple months while abroad and coming home to this baby will be just second to my family. And fish.

If I believed in thievery, I'd totes steal. So pretty. I'm not poor enough yet, I suppose....:rolleyes:

"But judge! Have you seen the amount of loans I have? I'm in the negative hundred of thousands! Aladdin doesn't have anything on that!" :laugh:

I spent the afternoon napping with my kitties, best afternoon ever :love:

"But judge! Have you seen the amount of loans I have? I'm in the negative hundred of thousands! Aladdin doesn't have anything on that!"
:laugh: I mean, Aladdin at least married up. He got to be an Arabian prince. My only hope is that I win the lotto and live long enough to reap its' benefits:D At least the debt collectors can't take away my DVM once I get it. Sticking it to the gov't, oh yeah :banana: [Go ahead, rain on my parade, I dare you!)

If I had your knife, I'd be obnoxious and use it to cut silly food things :rofl: at first. Then I'd remember to take care of it and get the appropriate care items!:D

Rave: went to a musical awesomeness venue last night. Took time to enjoy music. Also almost died from eating sushi :scared: (damn kelpy wiggled down the windpipe...curse you, gag reflex! But, I am fortunately good at controlling it), adopted a sister and saw some of my prevets. What a glorious Sunday indeed.

Hope everyone can avoid a case of the Mondays!:luck::xf::luck:

No! NOOOO! I was about to be productive this morning! Must... not... click...

... too late!

You. Are. Evil. +pissed+

I do love though that it has the time color as my old gameboy. I told my grandma last Christmas to please go look for it, so I really hope I can get it back when I see her this Christmas!

Hehe, I actually find this waaaaay more time consuming and interesting, mainly because of how novel it is. But of course I don't spend my free time playing video games. Of course not... :laugh:

OK, and editing in a rave - I loooovvveeee when "important" people I email include smilies or other semi-formal text in their response. That's all. :)

Last edited:
Only 2 days of classes left in the semester! I can't wait to be at home for 3 weeks. My boyfriend stole my chapstick when I was at home for Thanksgiving, and today I got it back in the mail after complaining about it. He is reinforcing bad behaviors.:smuggrin:

i finally figured out the best way to bake chicken in bread crumbs (i.e. don't be lazy and defrost it for a minute haha) and its delicious! and yummy macaroni and cheese! small victories during finals week :D

My rave is that I love my anatomy lab group! We're (so far) untouched by the drama and the occassional lab group breakups that sometimes happen. We've all become good friends and work well together so yay!:):D:luck:

My rave is rediscovering FatBoy Slim. I dunno what he's done recently, but the stuff I used to listen to in college is still amazing!

Last edited:
My rave is that I love my anatomy lab group! We're (so far) untouched by the drama and the occassional lab group breakups that sometimes happen. We've all become good friends and work well together so yay!:):D:luck:
:thumbup: That's awesome! So hard to keep a group together, ya know!

My rave is rediscovering FatBoy Slim. I dunno what he's done recently, but the stuff I used to listen to in college is still amazing!
My favorite aspect of music: even when everything else changes, you can always go back to an old favorite and love it. Unless....you've changed....:D

I AM POST-PRACTICAL! I SURVIVED THE PRACTICAL!! Too soon to say for sure, but I MAY ACTUALLY BE PASSING ANATOMY!!!!!!

:banana::biglove::banana:

I just took the PERFECT nap. Absolutely wonderful. Normally when I nap I wake up feeling groggier than I did to start off with or I never really fall asleep so am still groggy. This one just worked out perfectly.

Simple joys. :rolleyes:

Today I got to play with LOTS of guinea pigs! Including 3 adorable piggie babies, AND I got to anesthetize a gp and watch the Dr do a cystotomy. Super fun - I've never done much work with them, let alone see a surgery on one! I have been promised that we'll do the baby pig's neuter on a day when I am working. ;)

48 hours without soda.
No caffeine.... no aspartame.....no sugar.... Woo hoo.

Had switched to diet soda for weight reasons....now had to quit diet soda for health reasons (apparently diet soda implicated in kidney disease, and I am having some kidney issues)..

Drinking LOTS of water (I am pu/pd:()

Today I got to play with LOTS of guinea pigs! Including 3 adorable piggie babies, AND I got to anesthetize a gp and watch the Dr do a cystotomy. Super fun - I've never done much work with them, let alone see a surgery on one! I have been promised that we'll do the baby pig's neuter on a day when I am working. ;)

aww piggies!!!!:love::love::love::love: 5 days till i get to see mine!! (and they're pretty cool for surgery-we spayed my girl)

48 hours without soda.
No caffeine.... no aspartame.....no sugar.... Woo hoo.

Had switched to diet soda for weight reasons....now had to quit diet soda for health reasons (apparently diet soda implicated in kidney disease, and I am having some kidney issues)..

I completely quit drinking soda. I do like the bubbles though, so I drink sparkling water. It's what I grew up with in Germany.

Please don't say that about diet soda causing kidney issues! I've been drinking it for so many years (no kidney issues as yet). What will I drink? Water? Too boring and tasteless.

i recently discovered san pellegrino orange sparkling beverage :love:
it is amazing and so much better than soda (aka fanta!!! which i love)

I have been drinking so much water that I feel like I never leave the bathroom (TMI I'm sure)...

BUT I'm down 10 pounds (1/6 of the total amount of weight I need to lose to reach my goal)!!!

I know I posted not too long ago about losing 6 pounds, well hell week caused me to gain all of that back (stupid cortisol) but I've been keeping a food journal, cutting calories, drinking very little soda, and since Friday I've started getting my butt kicked at fitness bootcamp 4 times a week.

Please don't say that about diet soda causing kidney issues! I've been drinking it for so many years (no kidney issues as yet). What will I drink? Water? Too boring and tasteless.
Pretty good study in 09.....
basically 2 or more drinks of diet soda a day lead to decrease kidney function (I think 30% on average). FYI, you start to lose approximately 1% kidney function per year after 40 years old..... so there is some older age where the combo probably starts to have a noticeable effect. Look up the study for details.

less than 2 had little impact so if you stick to 1 a day it seems to be ok.

Oh gosh...thanks for the diet soda info. I will try to find the study. I will also try to cut back (since I'm already over 40...maybe I should start with that "beneficial \" glass of wine as a substitute for the other diet soda, huh).

...maybe I should start with that "beneficial \" glass of wine .
I was just discussing this the other day, how a "health" professional recommended someone I knew to start drinking wine before they go to bed to relax, and whether that was irresponsible advice without knowing more about the person's background. This person had a family history of alcoholism, and started drinking because of this advice.

All advice is potentially dangerous I guess.

Yeah, I agree that everything is relative to the person/patient. I majored in nutrition and the big thing I came away with is not to think of foods as "good for you" or "bad for you" because what may be good for one may not be for another. The alcohol example is exactly this type of thing. Another example is when someone is anorexic and absolutely needs high calorie foods to start getting back on tract. Another is that whole wheat bread (or any wheat for that matter) is not so great for the person with celiac disease. Anway, just "food" for thought.

boyfriend is in NYC until Friday night.
RANT :thumbdown: OR :thumbup: RAVE ??
so conflicted lol :confused: