RVC/Dublin/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Bristol c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of my friends got the decision back this morning and it was a rejection. I personally have not heard from them.
Had no idea rejections were going out as well omg

Members don't see this ad.

Got rejected from Bristol :( I guess it’s ok because it’s my 3rd choice and I already have an RVC offer lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got rejected from Bristol :( I guess it’s ok because it’s my 3rd choice and I already have an RVC offer lol
RVC is an amazing school you have a fantastic option! When did you hear from Bristol?

Members don't see this ad :)

I second chacha!! When did you get your RVC offer? Where did you interview?

They don’t for international students. For us we did just the supplementary assessment questionnaire. We are just waiting since we submitted that. We had to have it submitted 10.27.2023.
Ok thx, also submitted the saq back then. Waiting is so hard. Trying to plan a trip to see Glasgow but want to hear from Bristol to possibly tour them on same trip.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok thx, also submitted the saq back then. Waiting is so hard. Trying to plan a trip to see Glasgow but want to hear from Bristol to possibly tour them on same trip.
I’m working on passport (it expired). I just know that I have seen/heard three people have been rejected from Bristol, one was last month, and two in the last two weeks. I’m like okay. I haven’t heard a rejection so no news is good news. I know deep down I’m being taught patience, but jeez. I’ll wait for a long time just to get accepted. I thought it was interesting that someone above got their rejection 13:06 PST. that’s 21:00 in the UK.

Bristol just emailed me and placed me on hold. Said they: “Because of the large number of high-quality applications for D102 Veterinary Science: Accelerated Graduate Entry, we are unable to make all our final decisions immediately. It takes time to ensure that your application is given full consideration, but we guarantee that it will be assessed thoroughly and fairly, in competition with other applicants.” And that they’d make final decisions “as soon as they can” lol so more waiting

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Bristol just emailed me and placed me on hold. Said they: “Because of the large number of high-quality applications for D102 Veterinary Science: Accelerated Graduate Entry, we are unable to make all our final decisions immediately. It takes time to ensure that your application is given full consideration, but we guarantee that it will be assessed thoroughly and fairly, in competition with other applicants.” And that they’d make final decisions “as soon as they can” lol so more waiting
That is the same email I got right before Christmas break, my emails have not been closed since. I keep checking it every hour. I definitely will be, since someone heard at 13:06 PST. I didn't think they would send any decision past 17:00 their time. Which for me is 11:00 CT

That is the same email I got right before Christmas break, my emails have not been closed since. I keep checking it every hour. I definitely will be, since someone heard at 13:06 PST. I didn't think they would send any decision past 17:00 their time. Which for me is 11:00 CT
In past threads I haven’t seen anyone put on hold as late as end of Jan which makes me think they’re working with a later timeline this year which is annoying 😅 I am trying to plan a trip to visit my UK options as well but need them to tell me first

In past threads I haven’t seen anyone put on hold as late as end of Jan which makes me think they’re working with a later timeline this year which is annoying 😅 I am trying to plan a trip to visit my UK options as well but need them to tell me first
We are trying to save as much money to send me to school there. My husband is on the same gut feeling I am. He doesn't feel great about Ross for me, and he is effy on SGU. He really likes what he has read about Bristol. I just want my acceptance :dead:

• Care
We are trying to save as much money to send me to school there. My husband is on the same gut feeling I am. He doesn't feel great about Ross for me, and he is effy on SGU. He really likes what he has read about Bristol. I just want my acceptance :dead:
If it makes you feel any better about your other options I have a great friend at SGU who is having an AMAZING experience. She has nothing but amazing things to say about her time there and she’s in her second year! It’s definitely different as she is single and didn’t have to move anyone with her but nonetheless loves the program itself

• Love
If it makes you feel any better about your other options I have a great friend at SGU who is having an AMAZING experience. She has nothing but amazing things to say about her time there and she’s in her second year! It’s definitely different as she is single and didn’t have to move anyone with her but nonetheless loves the program itself
That is definitely good to know. It is my second choice as of right now.

Just got email from Bristol being placed on hold.

• Care
So strange that everyone seemingly is being put on hold when last year they had given some decisions already :/
You would think at least one person on here would have said they got accepted but so far no. Like it’s February.

You would think at least one person on here would have said they got accepted but so far no. Like it’s February.
Makes me incredibly nervous about possibly having to rush a visa process / find housing in a foreign country / etc..

does anyone know what is RVC's and Bristol's NAVLE pass rate? Thanks!
IMG_0487.png

This is from Bristol’s website, it’s hard to compare to US schools because so few students take the exam so a failure really screws the % comparatively to a school where 120 students take the exam

• Love
Anyone heard anything from RVC yet? I still haven't heard back but had my interview back in November.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone heard anything from RVC yet? I still haven't heard back but had my interview back in November.
Same. Everyone is hearing back at different times because someone said there’s different people viewing every application so when they make a decision they immediately let you know or something like that😭

Good luck to anyone interviewing in San Francisco today for Edinburgh! Let us know how the day went!

-sincerely, A NY interviewee who is very nervous

Did anyone waitlisted at Glasgow also get an email from them today about still being on their waiting list?

Is anyone going to Edinburgh's interview in NY?

I haven't heard anyone who used VMCAS get acceptance, just rejection or on holds
I was accepted on Jan 26th for Bristol and applied through VMCAS. I am not going to accept the offer so good luck to everyone who is waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users