Scrambling Support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Goodluck to you! I am glad to know that places are still revewing applicants and are least keeping us updated as to when they plan to fill there positions.
Thank you! And yes, it gives me some hope for other programs too!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone heard from programs in Michigan?

2 hospitals in illinois have filled their spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from the following places:

Washington Hospital Healthcare (Fremont, CA)
Loma Linda
Ronald Reagan UCLA
Sarasota Memorial Hospital (I know someone said they knew of them contacting people as of last Friday..)

Thank you :)

Has anyone heard from the following places:

Washington Hospital Healthcare (Fremont, CA)
Loma Linda
Ronald Reagan UCLA
Sarasota Memorial Hospital (I know someone said they knew of them contacting people as of last Friday..)

Thank you :)

Loma Linda stated that they would be contacting candidates via phone for interview offers over the next couple weeks in an email I received....Im not sure if that means a phone interview or call to set up an interview.

St. Joseph East - "We have filled the position. Sorry."
MCPHS/HVMA - "Thank you for your interest, but I have filled the position."
Geisinger Medical Center - "We have now filled our positions for this residency year."
Providence Tarzana Medical Center - "The position has been filled."

Got a phone interview with St. David's South Austin Medical Center for later this week.

Birmingham VA Medical Center - "we have filled our unmatched position"

Detroit Medical Center
Center for Senior Independence

Sorry but Children’s Hospital of Michigan (NMS #120525), Detroit Receiving Hospital (NMS #120513), Harper University Hospital (NMS #120522), or Sinai-Grace Hospital (NMS #120521)? I interviewed within the DMC and hope the place I interviewed at matched.

Sorry but Children's Hospital of Michigan (NMS #120525), Detroit Receiving Hospital (NMS #120513), Harper University Hospital (NMS #120522), or Sinai-Grace Hospital (NMS #120521)? I interviewed within the DMC and hope the place I interviewed at matched.

Harper University Hospital going by the NMS code.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you don't mind me asking, was this an email? And if so, when was it sent out? :confused:

Yeah. I emailed the programs to which I had applied. They responded earlier today.

Yeah. I emailed the programs to which I had applied. They responded earlier today.

Thanks for letting us know. I guess the programs aren't going to let people know unless we contact them.

Thanks for letting us know. I guess the programs aren't going to let people know unless we contact them.

Exactly. I'd have given them a little more time, but my wife is flipping out about where we'll live next year. I'll keep posting when I hear more.

Also, got another interview with Waterbury Hospital scheduled for next week.

Last edited:
Is everyone contacting the program if they have not heard back anything yet?

Loma Linda stated that they would be contacting candidates via phone for interview offers over the next couple weeks in an email I received....Im not sure if that means a phone interview or call to set up an interview.
Thank you!! I wish these programs weren't so vague!

CJW in Richmond is filled.

Oregon isn't filling their positions (Financial issues? Apparently they don't have approval to fill them)

Loma Linda didn't even tell a friend of mine that she didn't get an interview for the original match, so I wouldn't expect them to be too quick!

Any news on Ohio state or UCLA?

Heard from a trustworthy bird, that Loma Linda received over 100 applications, so it's taking the director time to go through them. I'll let you know if I hear anything else :)

And as for OHSU, it seems from the email I received from the director that they are having difficulties with approval of the positions...and not sure if it will ultimately go through...I don't know if I wouldn't expect them to open, but I guess there's always hope!
Thank you!! I wish these programs weren't so vague!

Birmingham VA Medical Center - "we have filled our unmatched position"
Baptist in TN is filled.

Baptist in TX isn't having a residency position, they emailed me to tell me they closed the position due to restructuring of the organization....which I thought was total %(^)%(# as I submitted an application, aka gave PhORCAS some $$. I then sent in a complaint letter to PhORCAS, who emailed me back with a generic "we can't refund you", but I will be persistent in my harassment because I think it's taking financial advantage of us as applicants. Principle of the matter, really...

Has anyone heard from

Methodist in TN
LSU

I've emailed both directors (Monday) and I have not gotten any response. Time to pick up the phone?

Some of the hospitals I applied, are not on the Match list anymore. Does that mean they filled their positions?

Some of the hospitals I applied, are not on the Match list anymore. Does that mean they filled their positions?

Yes, I believe it does or the position isn't available anymore.

Wheaton in Milwaukee filled their position

Not necessarily. Some of the programs you describe are just no longer accepting applications.

I had just received an e-mail from Baylor saying that they have filled all of their positions.

Classmate had a phone interview at St Luke's

Sutter Health in Sacramento, CA is filled

Re: Detroit Medical Center, I emailed them on Monday and they told me the same thing

what's going on tomorrow ?

Is the deadline to offer positions tomorrow ?

If you interviewed with the program, when are they supposed to let you know ?

what's going on tomorrow ?

Is the deadline to offer positions tomorrow ?

If you interviewed with the program, when are they supposed to let you know ?

It might be the deadline at a particular institution, but not in general. I have an interview next week. I think places can make offers until the the of June, but just about all will realistically finish by the end of this month.

i cannot fathom why i did not match :confused:

i applied to approx 22 programs (11 originally, 11 in the scramble) :eek:

still haven't matched :mad:

next week is the last chance :luck:

i cannot fathom why i did not match :confused:

i applied to approx 22 programs (11 originally, 11 in the scramble) :eek:

still haven't matched :mad:

next week is the last chance :luck:

I think dumb luck plays a bigger factor than I used to think. I have classmates that applied to very few places (5 or so) and interviewed at them all and did not match. In contrast, I applied to 13, interviewed 3, and didn't match my "sure thing" (less competitive place I considered myself an internal candidate from previous work there and ranked as #1) but matched a pipe-dream program.

At any rate, good luck to you:luck:

So...just checking in. I didn't get into any residency programs and heard nothing back on scrambling information. So I was pretty bummed for a while. BUT! A clinical job at a long term care facility just plopped in my lap a few weeks ago and I accepted it...so there's a silver lining through all of this.

Just want to say thanks to everybody who provided help and support during this time. For those that didn't get a residency (edit: AND those that did), I hope for the best for all of you.

Last edited:
So...just checking in. I didn't get into any residency programs and heard nothing back on scrambling information. So I was pretty bummed for a while. BUT! A clinical job at a long term care facility just plopped in my lap a few weeks ago and I accepted it...so there's a silver lining through all of this.

Just want to say thanks to everybody who provided help and support during this time. For those that didn't get a residency, I hope for the best for all of you.

Congratulations!! Things always happen for a reason - whether or not everyone obtained a residency, I think in a year or two when we look back we will realize that it was the better route.

I was pretty fortunate to have received and accepted an offer last week. I wish everyone the best of luck! Thanks for starting this thread and the support!

Hey guys. I've been MIA and finishing up the last of this scramble stuff. I only interviewed with one program, and I'm waiting to hear back from them but I have a good feeling I won't get it. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I took a retail position, but I really don't want it. I'm starting to rethink this whole pharmacy thing. Anyways, congrats to those that were able to get a residency and to those that found an alternative that they're happy with! :)

Hey guys. I've been MIA and finishing up the last of this scramble stuff. I only interviewed with one program, and I'm waiting to hear back from them but I have a good feeling I won't get it. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I took a retail position, but I really don't want it. I'm starting to rethink this whole pharmacy thing. Anyways, congrats to those that were able to get a residency and to those that found an alternative that they're happy with! :)

Good luck to you Goldfish. If you don't want to do retail, look for a hospital job or whatever else it may be that interests you. There are still jobs out there. Umm, maybe not a lot (don't want to bring too much optimism to this board ;)) but there are still some out there.