***The Official Columbia Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Any change on the portal worries me so much.............................

imflossy, any way that's an Arsenal cannon on your avatar, or am I hallucinating?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I just got this message in the "Status defined" section from Columbia on AADSAS:

"We have received your application from AADSAS and will review. Please note that you will hear from us if something is missing. We will also contact you via email if a decision is made on your file. If you do not hear from us, you should consider your file still being reviewed."

What does this mean--is it a rejection? Deferral? Nothing? I haven't gotten an interview from them. Has anyone else received this message? Thanks!

I got the same message too. When was your application considered complete there? Mine was around the week of 9/23

I got the same message, my app was complete late September. Wondering what it means too...

Had my interview yesterday. Was probably one of the best experience I've ever had. You can genuinely tell that the students love being there. Nice environment. The lunch was awesome but the students there were the happiest I had ever seen at any of my interviews. Just a good experience in general. Facilities aren't as great as what I've seen at other schools, but I think the genuine happiness and camaraderie of the students was the best I had seen.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten an interview invite here who had their application complete anytime after mid-september?

Hey everyone. I just got this message in the "Status defined" section from Columbia on AADSAS:

"We have received your application from AADSAS and will review. Please note that you will hear from us if something is missing. We will also contact you via email if a decision is made on your file. If you do not hear from us, you should consider your file still being reviewed."

What does this mean--is it a rejection? Deferral? Nothing? I haven't gotten an interview from them. Has anyone else received this message? Thanks!

It means you're still under review

Seems like many of us received same message on same day, I am thinking that AADSAS was just updating everyone with same message.... At least we didn't get a rejection yet!!!

Seems like many of us received same message on same day, I am thinking that AADSAS was just updating everyone with same message.... At least we didn't get a rejection yet!!!
So much for my last post!! Just got rejected from Columbia....my adasas changed to " check back December 2" so I assume is rejection.
good luck everyone, I am moving to other threads

has anyone gotten an interview invite here who had their application complete anytime after mid-september?

Nope, I'm still waiting on this one. Mine was complete on Sept 23rd and I still haven't heard anything. My AADSAS status did change to the "we have received your app and will review..." status though.

So much for my last post!! Just got rejected from Columbia....my adasas changed to " check back December 2" so I assume is rejection.
good luck everyone, I am moving to other threads
did you interview at the school?

Anybody else's status update to "Check back December 2"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup mine got updated to "Check back on December 2nd". Had my interview here already.

Mine did, and I already interviewed. I'm guessing it's the same for everyone? Hoping for good news!

Bummer. Mine still says "Invited for Interview". Interviewed in October. Really hoping that's not a bad sign...

Bummer. Mine still says "Invited for Interview". Interviewed in October. Really hoping that's not a bad sign...
for you, hope it's not either. maybe they haven't updated your file yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Had my interview yesterday. Was probably one of the best experience I've ever had. You can genuinely tell that the students love being there. Nice environment. The lunch was awesome but the students there were the happiest I had ever seen at any of my interviews. Just a good experience in general. Facilities aren't as great as what I've seen at other schools, but I think the genuine happiness and camaraderie of the students was the best I had seen.

:)

Anyone's AADSAS just change from "check back on dec 2nd" to "received/under review"?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

When was ur interview ??
The status of the other schools changing or just Columbia ??

Anyone's AADSAS just change from "check back on dec 2nd" to "received/under review"?

Mine still says "Please check back on December 2"
(I already interviewed)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
mine is still "check back dec 2nd" from "invited for interview". Unless it changed to "received/under review" and went back to "check back dec 2nd" before I could see the change. This is kinda weird

When was ur interview ??
The status of the other schools changing or just Columbia ??

My interview was on 10/18.

Just this school's status changed for me. Not sure what to make of it since decisions are made the friday after your interview day.

Bump.

I know December 2nd is right around the corner and I just wanted to let you know that if you need any assistance in selecting schools, I am more than happy to answer any questions that you may have to help you decide why Columbia University College of Dental Medicine is the right fit for you.

Please post your concerns/comments here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/asda-at-columbia-university.1032269/
It'll make it much easier for me to respond to you.

Thanks so much!

if you HAD an interview..... what do you think it means if your status has changed to "check back dec 2..." , and what do you think it means if your status hasn't changed and still says "invited for interview"?

I really don't know what to think and am trying to get an idea of what decision has been made on me since i've been waiting for months and it's killing me (i had first interview day at columbia back sept 6ish)

Thanks guys and best of luck to all... this is my top choice I'm praying i get accepted...

if you HAD an interview..... what do you think it means if your status has changed to "check back dec 2..." , and what do you think it means if your status hasn't changed and still says "invited for interview"?

I really don't know what to think and am trying to get an idea of what decision has been made on me since i've been waiting for months and it's killing me (i had first interview day at columbia back sept 6ish)

Thanks guys and best of luck to all... this is my top choice I'm praying i get accepted...

I think it's just speculation at this point. None of us really know. Supposedly they make decisions on you the Friday after your interview. It could just be a delay in your status, or maybe you're under continued review. I would assume that anyone's status that says "check back dec. 2" has a decision made about them. But..again...who knows. Only 1 more week until you find out

Jokrino, I also interviewed 9/06 at Columbia, so it's likely that we have met! :) My status flipped to "check back December 2nd" a couple of days back, but I have no idea what that might mean, or if indeed it even means anything. Did yours do the same? It'd be interesting to see if there's variation amongst an interview group.

All schools that I've been rejected from say "check back dec 2" and all the ones I've had interviews at still say "invited for interview" but i have no idea what to think. It's extremely frustrating

So, nobody else had their "check back on dec. 2nd" changed to "received/under review" ?

But yeah, all speculation. What I do know is that they said 70% of the interviewees get placed on the waitlist come Dec. 2nd, but they also said that up to around 80% of the people on the waitlist get accepted as well.

Mine still says invited for interview. I guess "check back on dec. 2nd" means you are either rejected or accepted. I have a strong feeling of being on the waitlist. Oh well ! Let's hope for the best.

Mine still says invited for interview. I guess "check back on dec. 2nd" means you are either rejected or accepted. I have a strong feeling of being on the waitlist. Oh well ! Let's hope for the best.
I checked last years thread. Appartently it just means that the school has input a decision about you on the AADSAS portal, whether its offer made, waitlist, or reject--I guess we'll find out on 12/2:eyebrow:

Accepted!

Anyone had their interview in November and got accepted ?

Anyone had their interview in November and got accepted ?
I did. Was accepted this morning via email. Somebody start a FBook group. I would but I'm not savvy enough

Accepted! Last school to year back from, but I guess the best was saved for last :)

Did anyone interview on November 15th and get accepted? My adea portal status still says "invited for interview". Can we call them and ask about our status?

Accepted via email! :soexcited:Congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck to those who are waiting anxiously! :luck:

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Did your portal status changed to "check back on dec. 2" or did anyone still have "invited for interview"?

Last edited:
Mine was changed to Dec 2
Congrats to everyone who was accepted? Did your portal status changed to "check back on dec. 2" or did anyone still have "invited for interview"?

Is anyone still waiting to hear or have all acceptances today been given out?

I called them and they said they're done with notifications for today.

However, they're updating all week.

I got an acceptance email today, but my status never even changed from invited to interview.