The Official Midwestern University- Arizona Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navy Blue. I think Dr. Gilpatrick wants to alternate between black and navy blue. You can get as many as you want. The school store has very low quality scrubs, you'll find much better ones online. Upperclassmen recommend getting about 5 to minimize doing laundry often. Realize you'll keep the same colors/scrubs for all four years

Our scrubs are not required to have our names/school emblem on them?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I really hope I get in. :barf:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how many spots are still available?

No I've been watching my phone like a hawk haha judging from previous posts calls went out last time around 1:15 EST. So maybe within an hour? :bang:

I just called and asked about my app. The person who picked up the phone didn't seem to know when they would be giving out the 3rd round of acceptances. So I'm not sure if that means they're just not looped in or if there are no phone calls going out today.

I just called and asked about my app. The person who picked up the phone didn't seem to know when they would be giving out the 3rd round of acceptances.

Here's to hoping they were just clueless. I am positive Dr. Gilpatrick and the counselor both said today though, so who knows. We'll find out in a few hours I guess :D

Good luck to everybody hoping to hear something today.

Here's to hoping they were just clueless. I am positive Dr. Gilpatrick and the counselor both said today though, so who knows. We'll find out in a few hours I guess :D

Good luck to everybody hoping to hear something today.

Oh, I believe you I just hope they didn't delay it to Monday or something. I have a 320 dollar plane ticket that can be cancelled today and today only (OHSU interview) so I really want their answer today! LOL

I was at the Jan 15th interview and they mentioned that the earliest we would hear is Monday the 20th. I am not sure if it's different for our group or not. Also, Monday is a holiday so it could be until Tuesday... hope that helps.

I was at the Jan 15th interview and they mentioned that the earliest we would hear is Monday the 20th. I am not sure if it's different for our group or not. Also, Monday is a holiday so it could be until Tuesday... hope that helps.

Well, that sucks.

I'm hoping it's the same for everybody. But yeah, that sucks. Keeps the hope alive, but it's pretty tortuous being on the edge like this

I called them earlier today, they said that my application is still in the "interview phase". Doesn't look like we're getting an answer today.

Members don't see this ad :)
where would you recommend we get the scrubs? Any websites in particular?
I had a few written
Our scrubs are not required to have our names/school emblem on them?

Nope. Just plain navy blue. No visible designs or logos. Like don't wear pants with "Navy" down the side or a big "NY" on your chest you know? Just plain and simple, after that the brand doesn't matter.

My friends in the D1 class joke "what shade of black should I wear today?" The joke is that it sounds dumb but they really have like 5 slightly different scrubs and the shades are a bit different.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually got the same answer in the exact same phrasing. I interviewed on December seventeenth.
That's gotta be frustrating. Are you thinking you're on the waitlist then? I figured they would tell you if you were or not. I assume you aren't rejected though! Good luck with the OHSU interview though, go kill it

That's gotta be frustrating. Are you thinking you're on the waitlist then? I figured they would tell you if you were or not. I assume you aren't rejected though! Good luck with the OHSU interview though, go kill it

I don't really know. I thought I would get an answer on Jan. 2nd but that obviously wasn't the case. It just seems they didn't get to my application for some reason because it doesn't really make sense to say I'm rejected / put on waitlist considering they would have no issues telling me that I'm rejected / waitlisted if you get what I mean.

Sorry to say this but you won't get in with a 17 RC at this school. I'm pretty close with the admissions officer (or I guess as close as one can be) since I did the masters program there and talked with them a lot. This school cares about the RC more than any other part of your application. More than GPA, AA, LOR, EC...even 18 is probably too low. On the flip side, if you have a 23 or 24+ on RC, they will love you til the end.

Still, good luck! They are known to make exceptions..

You are so right "letsgetit2014", as far as the RC goes. I interviewed there recently and they asked me about my AA and RC, and as soon as I told them I have a 23, they said that it was what thery are looking for. I still have not heard from them yet, but I hope I do soon.

If anyone else interviewed recently, did you all get any answers yet?

I really hope that they answer us tomorrow :X

I was there last week too, and fell in love with the school. I heard from the them that they would call today(Monday), so I have not been away from my phone all day:(
But I think they forgot that today was a holiday, even thought the first acceptances got their phone calls on Sunday(Dec. 1st)??? :mad: so I am not sure what to make of this, but I am still hopeful for tomorrow.
Did any of you got the message on their phone if were not available to answer the call? I have another interview tomorrow and it starts at 7:45 Eastern time, so I have to let my phone get the message:( Is that bad?

I was there last week too, and fell in love with the school. I heard from the them that they would call today(Monday), so I have not been away from my phone all day:(
But I think they forgot that today was a holiday, even thought the first acceptances got their phone calls on Sunday(Dec. 1st)??? :mad: so I am not sure what to make of this, but I am still hopeful for tomorrow.
Did any of you got the message on their phone if were not available to answer the call? I have another interview tomorrow and it starts at 7:45 Eastern time, so I have to let my phone get the message:( Is that bad?

They update the portal. So I believe if you miss the call you can check the MWU site for the mat. agreement / accepted student checklist.

Who was your interviewer, if you don't mind me asking.

Does anyone know if they are still making calls for interviews? If so, how long does that go for?

I wish they would just tell me I'm rejected or waitlisted or something. This wait sucks. Hopefully all the calls haven't gone out.

Does anyone know if they are still making calls for interviews? If so, how long does that go for?

I recieved an interview call last tuesday and sceduled it for Feb. 10th so I believe they are still making calls

I wish they would just tell me I'm rejected or waitlisted or something. This wait sucks. Hopefully all the calls haven't gone out.
I've given up hope for the day. It's been 2 hours since Gilbygiraffe was called so I'm guessing they are done for the day. Oh well. Maybe next time for us

Would you mind telling us when you interviewed, Gilby?

Do they not give out all answers during the same day? I called again about an hour ago said the same thing that a decision hasn't been made.

I've given up hope for the day. It's been 2 hours since Gilbygiraffe was called so I'm guessing they are done for the day. Oh well. Maybe next time for us

Would you mind telling us when you interviewed, Gilby?
Your time will come i'm sure. There is still plenty of time. I heard a lot of current students got accepted later in the Spring. I just interviewed early January, a few weeks ago with Dr. Polk.

Your time will come i'm sure. There is still plenty of time. I heard a lot of current students got accepted later in the Spring. I just interviewed early January, a few weeks ago with Dr. Polk.

I interviewed in Dec. =/ I just want an answer rather than sitting limbo. I don't really care if its a rejection at this point but I'd like an end to the waiting.

Ohh so the week before, thanks for all your answers! Wish you the best of luck, and congrats on your acceptance!!

I interviewed in Dec. =/ I just want an answer rather than sitting limbo. I don't really care if its a rejection at this point but I'd like an end to the waiting.

Can't you just call and ask, I've done it twice in the last 4-5 days lol.
They just say there is still no decision on me.

If you look at the posts from last year, it looks like they don't start accepting from the alternate list until all of the interviews are done with. I think they stop interviewing beginning of March. Then after they have accepted whoever they like from the newly interviewed people, they accept from the alternate list. At least that's what it looks like from previous posts, I'm not 100% sure though.

Can't you just call and ask, I've done it twice in the last 4-5 days lol.
They just say there is still no decision on me.
I just called and asked as well. She told me that I was still in the "interview phase" and that no decision has been made yet. Which is what everybody else has been hearing too. I'm not exactly sure what this means and it doesn't seem like anybody else does either haha I think this is what Datooth means by being left in limbo. Does it mean they've looked at us and just decided to review us a little later (pseudo-waitlist?) If so, when will they look at us again? When they interview everybody? Or some time randomly. I would love to ask all these questions to them but I don't want to come off as annoying haha

I just called and the front desk told me this: My application hasn't been reviewed completely and there are still quite a few other applicants in the same boat. However, they expect to get back to these applicants sometime this week.

I guess they're going to send out more acceptances this week???

I just called and the front desk told me this: My application hasn't been reviewed completely and there are still quite a few other applicants in the same boat. However, they expect to get back to these applicants sometime this week.

I guess they're going to send out more acceptances this week???
I hope so! Did they say you were in the "interview phase"?

I hope so! Did they say you were in the "interview phase"?

Nope. I got that response when I called last week. Maybe something has changed recently? You should give it another call and confirm.

Congrats to Gilbygiraffe for being accepted.

I was waiting for the call today too. I did the interview the week of 14-16 of Jan! I know it may be too early, but well, I have not given up before. and I won't now:)

Whoever didn't get the call yet, don't be discouraged. The good thing about Midwestern is the wait list is very fluid. Only cuz people don't realize how good of a school it really is since it's fairly new. A lot of students who get early acceptances also get in the top tier schools and they (and their parents) would like them to go somewhere with a "reputation." So they end up turning down Mwu and the wait list moves. 5 years from now that won't be the case and for me, Midwestern has been #1 since I did a masters there last year. But for others it might not be. Stay focused and positive. You'll get in if you truly believe you deserve to.

Whoever didn't get the call yet, don't be discouraged. The good thing about Midwestern is the wait list is very fluid. Only cuz people don't realize how good of a school it really is since it's fairly new. A lot of students who get early acceptances also get in the top tier schools and they (and their parents) would like them to go somewhere with a "reputation." So they end up turning down Mwu and the wait list moves. 5 years from now that won't be the case and for me, Midwestern has been #1 since I did a masters there last year. But for others it might not be. Stay focused and positive. You'll get in if you truly believe you deserve to.

Hopefully, lol

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I love that school so much, that I am willing to uproot my family to move there. I think they liked me too:) The problem is also when I did interview at my state school I really did not have a good reason why I wanted to go there:( because I was secretly comparing it with MWU. I feel kind of bad.

Any idea of when the next acceptances will be given, anyone hear anything?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I love that school so much, that I am willing to uproot my family to move there. I think they liked me too:) The problem is also when I did interview at my state school I really did not have a good reason why I wanted to go there:( because I was secretly comparing it with MWU. I feel kind of bad.
I felt the same way with my state school. Maryland was the first dental school in the world, great history and legacy, great faculty and even the technology and clinic gave Midwestern a run for it's money. I went in hoping I wouldn't like it so I can justify going to mwu but I actually really did. However, in the end, Midwestern just feels so right. I have no doubt I'd never regret my decision going there

I called again today to check on my status (interviewed 1/13) and was told that they have still not made a decision on me. I asked for more clarification, such as whether she knew if they looked at my app and then put it on a pseudo-waitlist (review again later, but not quite waitlisted) or if they had even reviewed my app post-interview at all. She told me that they have not made any decision (no pseudo-waitlist), and that they have not reviewed "most" of the January interviewees yet. Hopefully this helps you other anxious January interviewees.

Status
Not open for further replies.