***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Seriously? That's really unlike them. Must have been having a bad day and took it out on you
I can't believe, neither. It seemed the lady caught a bad cold and did not wanna talk on that day. Maybe thats the excuse~I guess

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get a call or an email?
I got an email.
But regarding that lady, it happened to me too. On Friday noon I called the lady and she was sick and didn't answer my question politely, and i was upset. But around 5 pm i got the acceptance email. So I think she was just sick and had a bad day.

I got an email.
But regarding that lady, it happened to me too. On Friday noon I called the lady and she was sick and didn't answer my question politely, and i was upset. But around 5 pm i got the acceptance email. So I think she was just sick and had a bad day.
That's so weird.. She called me and left a voicemail, but I never got an email.. What else could the call be about?

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU

Good Morning Mr. Squarepants

At this time the FAFSA application is the only form required, we will start reviewing FAFSA data in March- April. You should receive your financial aid award package via email in April-May. The email will provide detailed instructions on securing the federal loan offer.

Thank you

For those curious about the package.

Reactions: 2 users
Gave up my seat at NYU today. Good luck to who-ever gets it!

Reactions: 5 users
For those who have been accepted recently (last 2 weeks) did you receive scholarship offers with your acceptance, or did they follow shortly after? (and by email or mail?)

Any Canadians out there?
I have finished my application since August, but still haven't heard back? Is this normal? when are the final interview dates?

Thanks

Interviewing here 3/5...does anyone have any advice for the interview? How was your experience there? I'll be traveling from TX

I will be interviewing on Feb 26, any others?
I'm interviewing there tomorrow the 25th. I will update you after to let you know what it was like but I heard it is pretty typical questions maybe a ethics question thrown in. I'm happy for another opportunity !

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing there tomorrow the 25th. I will update you after to let you know what it was like but I heard it is pretty typical questions maybe a ethics question thrown in. I'm happy for another opportunity !
I'm interviewing the 25th too! Coming from Cali

I was waitlised and received an email saying if I was still interested in joining the class. It was not an acceptance, it was just a verification that I was still interested or not. Did anyone else get that email?

I was waitlised and received an email saying if I was still interested in joining the class. It was not an acceptance, it was just a verification that I was still interested or not. Did anyone else get that email?
Yup. Also waitlisted.

I got waitlisted in december and got the email today.

I guess they are looking at the waitlist now....Waitlisted in Feb :(

yes, got that a week ago~

I have a question regarding the waitlist. Do they accept students off the waitlist in a successive order (e.g. dec 1st waitlisted have priority over feb 1st)? Or can someone who interviewed in February have the potential to be accepted before someone who interviewed in December?

I have a question regarding the waitlist. Do they accept students off the waitlist in a successive order (e.g. dec 1st waitlisted have priority over feb 1st)? Or can someone who interviewed in February have the potential to be accepted before someone who interviewed in December?
They take the best applicant regardless of when you were interviewed. Did you also receive a wait list update email recently?

For those who have been waitlisted, have you been contacting the school via email or phone?

I have been waitlisted in early February, haven't received any email, so sad:( my only hope is that perhaps for now they start contacting people who were put on the waitlist in December first ... who knows:whistle:

Any Canadians out there?
I have finished my application since August, but still haven't heard back? Is this normal? when are the final interview dates?

Thanks

Hey, I had my interview in November and got waitlisted. You should email the school and ask about your status. I've heard of people doing this and getting interviews. Try it :)

Hey, I had my interview in November and got waitlisted. You should email the school and ask about your status. I've heard of people doing this and getting interviews. Try it :)

Can confirm this worked for me :)

Reactions: 1 user
Did you get the updated email too?

I definitely agree that you should inquire about your application status if you haven't heard back from NYU since last year and express interest. In my case, I asked about my status last Friday, got an under review email on Monday and got an interview invitation today.

I definitely agree that you should inquire about your application status if you haven't heard back from NYU since last year and express interest. In my case, I asked about my status last Friday, got an under review email on Monday and got an interview invitation today.

Good luck on the interview :)

Anyone having trouble sleeping at night with the cost of the school? I love NYU but the tuition is freaking me out :scared:

Reactions: 1 users
I went to the interview today, everyone was very nice and it was pretty relaxed. I got there early and they took me pretty much right away to interview. Mostly questions about why dentistry nothing difficult at all. Then you go on a tour and meet current students who were all nice, the real down side is the cost of living in NYC but the facilities are beautiful! Seems like they waitlist a ton of people especially if they think you might go somewhere else. They offer you breakfast and lunch which is really nice of them, although I did not have much of an appetite! Just relax and be yourself, the interview just felt like a conversation definitely not a drilling no pun intended! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I went to the interview today, everyone was very nice and it was pretty relaxed. I got there early and they took me pretty much right away to interview. Mostly questions about why dentistry nothing difficult at all. Then you go on a tour and meet current students who were all nice, the real down side is the cost of living in NYC but the facilities are beautiful! Seems like they waitlist a ton of people especially if they think you might go somewhere else. They offer you breakfast and lunch which is really nice of them, although I did not have much of an appetite! Just relax and be yourself, the interview just felt like a conversation definitely not a drilling no pun intended! Best of luck!
Same experience for me! I loved it there. The only difference was that I was STARVING come meal time haha. I've been wanting to post this for interview advice...
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1424942102.334971.jpg

Did anyone get an email to confirm their questionnaire was received? I always get an email from them, but not this time, I don't want to risk them not getting it.

Did anyone get an email to confirm their questionnaire was received? I always get an email from them, but not this time, I don't want to risk them not getting it.

What questionnaire are you referring to?

I had great time meeting all of the other applicants today! You know, the jokes about doppelgangers. I thought we had a strong group. BTW I was the guy from Seattle. And yes the lunch is every bit as good as people say! You guys didn't let me down with the salmon.