***The Official NYU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anyone wait listed hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone on the waitlist gone to speak to the admissions office face to face yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else afraid their application got lost or something? NYU, y u no get back to me.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey Guys I have a question. I got accepted into NYU. I am currently in the process of getting my masters. I was wondering if the acceptance is based on me finishing the masters program or not. I would like to continue the program but it would cost another 20k which I would rather save. Thank You

call and ask them. Only they know why they accepted you.

Hey Guys I have a question. I got accepted into NYU. I am currently in the process of getting my masters. I was wondering if the acceptance is based on me finishing the masters program or not. I would like to continue the program but it would cost another 20k which I would rather save. Thank You
definitely called them, I suggested!

Just declined my offer to NYU. Very difficult choice to make, but I hope this will make someone else happy : ) Good luck to those still waiting for a response.

Reactions: 2 users
So apparently some people were accepted off the waiting list... not me though.. starting to get pretty worried and sad over here.. :(:unsure:

I was wondering if retaking the DAT would make a difference at this point?
I have 19AA/19TS/19PAT.
GPA 3.4 science and total.

Members don't see this ad :)
They interview well into april.

I received the email for interview last Wednesday and scheduled for Monday the 26th. Have faith! Also if anyone's going to be in NYC this weekend hit me up!

I received the email for interview last Wednesday and scheduled for Monday the 26th. Have faith! Also if anyone's going to be in NYC this weekend hit me up!
Do u know wat was the last date you could have scheduled for?

Last edited:
Do u know wat was the last date you could have scheduled for?
She gave me options Monday-Thursday of next week, but I'm not sure how many more were after that.

hey, does anyone know if the wait list is moving? Im a Canadian Applicant, 3.48 GPA, 21AA, 19TS currently on the waitlist. Should I contact them to express continued interest? or does anyone have any other suggestions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello all,

I received an interview offer from NYU last week and scheduled for February 5th. I had to then rescheduled for Feb 18th because of school commitments.

Do you think this later date will have a large negative impact on my chances? - Might be overthinking it but can't seem to stop worrying.

Just receiced an interview offer today.
Funny thing is i was getting a little worried bc nyu was too quiet, so i called them up about 3 days ago. They told me they will go ahead and reassign my file to someone so they can look at it ( whatever that means), voila, now i have an interview.

It may not have been solely because of the call, but i am glad i did call :)

Interview date feb 5th.

Any helpful tips getting rdy for interview?
Are we interviewing for waitlist spots or do they still have seats left? Id hope they do

Just receiced an interview offer today.
Funny thing is i was getting a little worried bc nyu was too quiet, so i called them up about 3 days ago. They told me they will go ahead and reassign my file to someone so they can look at it ( whatever that means), voila, now i have an interview.

It may not have been solely because of the call, but i am glad i did call :)

Interview date feb 5th.

Any helpful tips getting rdy for interview?
Are we interviewing for waitlist spots or do they still have seats left? Id hope they do

Do you mind sharing what number you called?

Hey i was wondering anyone who recently got an interview could you please post your stats. I am still waiting for mine (

Hey i was wondering anyone who recently got an interview could you please post your stats. I am still waiting for mine (

total GPA: 3.63; science GPA: 3.63
DAT: AA 22; TS 23; PAT 18

My application was super late, I submitted all the papers in the last week of November and got January interview invite. Keep your heads up! That's my one and only interview this cycle, so i'm trying to look at things philosophically:)

Also guys, have any January interviewees (like January 14th-15th) received any feedback from NYU? I'm so nervous.. I feel like the more time elapses since the interview day and no news comes, the worse will that news be once it arrives!

Also guys, have any January interviewees (like January 14th-15th) received any feedback from NYU? I'm so nervous.. I feel like the more time elapses since the interview day and no news comes, the worse will that news be once it arrives!
My interview was on Jan. 16th and haven't heard anything since then.(CA resident)

Is anyone else completely fascinated by the power struggle going on in the fb group? DJ Rubix has been deposed as group admin and seems to be staging some kind of revolt.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got curious.
NYU interviews almost 5000 people and accepts about 350 students.

ADEA guide doesn't mention how many people were initially offered interviews.
So does anyone want to venture and take a guess at what the interviewee / acceptance ratio is?

I know it's pointless, but I am curious as to how much of a chance I have in getting in.
I am so pumped right now! I am going to N.Y next week!!

I just got curious.
NYU interviews almost 5000 people and accepts about 350 students.

ADEA guide doesn't mention how many people were initially offered interviews.
So does anyone want to venture and take a guess at what the interviewee / acceptance ratio is?

I know it's pointless, but I am curious as to how much of a chance I have in getting in.
I am so pumped right now! I am going to N.Y next week!!
You have a serious shot of getting in if you interview. I'd say the amount of people who turn down a spot strictly due to $ is extremely high.

You have a serious shot of getting in if you interview. I'd say the amount of people who turn down a spot strictly due to $ is extremely high.

yeah, if I get only NYU acceptance, I will probably have to go there, but seriously, their tuition + living expense is pretty daunting.

yeah, if I get only NYU acceptance, I will probably have to go there, but seriously, their tuition + living expense is pretty daunting.
Tell me about it. I really love the school and program but the thought of being that much in debt has given me nightmares for the past few weeks. Not to mention it's my only acceptance. GAH.

Tell me about it. I really love the school and program but the thought of being that much in debt has given me nightmares for the past few weeks. Not to mention it's my only acceptance. GAH.

wow, congrats. At least you have an acceptance that you can fall back on. Acceptance is an acceptance!

I got an interview February 11th, Wednesday. I'm flying in from California, if there are any females looking to split hotel, uber from airport and nyu, etc message me privately :) More importantly, I think It'll be a good idea for safety. I also have the option of taking the Feb. 12th interview date.

NYU has been so quiet lately.. Anyone got some news after mid-January interviews?

Anyone know when classes start in the fall? I need a specific date.

isn't today the day? has anyone heard anything new?

Guys, when do you think is the right time so start looking for apartments ? I don't want to procrastinate and wait till the summer :/ But also I don't know if its too early right now.

Has anyone with a January interview heard back today?

I was wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything either. Does anyone know if they call regarding acceptance/rejection/wait-list or do they email you just like they do for the interview?

I was wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything either. Does anyone know if they call regarding acceptance/rejection/wait-list or do they email you just like they do for the interview?
They emailed me around 6pm with an acceptance a few days after the date they said they would be sending them out at the interview FYI

They emailed me around 6pm with an acceptance a few days after the date they said they would be sending them out at the interview FYI

Okay thanks for the information! I was wondering when did you interview and when did you get your acceptance?